Call of Duty: WWII

LOL I guess the game just updated it up now the thing is I was having more fun with single player storming Nomandy beach.

This game isn't for me man I went 2-12 everyone must have jumbo tron monitors to see me with Iron sights MP for this game isn't for the faint of heart. There will be a speck on the screen shooting me on my 24" monitor with Iron sights then I'm dead.

I seem to be doing better here then in the last COD game I bought which was BO3

This game isn't for me man I went 2-12 everyone must have jumbo tron monitors to see me with Iron sights MP for this game isn't for the faint of heart. There will be a speck on the screen shooting me on my 24" monitor with Iron sights then I'm dead.

don't forget to turn off Vsync...you don't want any extra lag in twitch shooters

I tried playing with a mouse and did alot better...aiming was faster with iron sights....using a Logitech Proteus with two weights in it....I think this is a keyboard mouse game in pervious Call of Dutys you had to jump around and playing with a controller was more forgiving they even had special layouts in COD BLOPS III for x-box controllers like bumper jumper ect just so you could confuse the the other team.

20171103034203_1.jpg

Getting my copy in the mail today from Amazon. Anyone play the campaign yet (that's all I play)? How is it?

20171103095209_1.jpg

20171103095046_1.jpg

Central Hub where you can get supply drops from coins they just drop in a chest on the sand you can see other people dropping stuff like in the top screenshot.

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question, but is MP still really fast, run-n-gun gameplay like the latter games in the series? It seems like each COD game gets faster and faster. I've always liked the WW2 variants, the original COD, COD2, and World at War. Essentially have given up on the series and have skipped the last few games entirely. The last one I played was Black Ops 2. But if this is like Black Ops or Advanced Warfare with just a WW2 skin, then I may pass.

Guess maybe I'm just too old to keep up. :(

The problem I have the characters blend in really well with the maps especially the snow stuff more so than any previous COD series.
I have a bug where I respawn and can't move for about 20 seconds at all not sure what the deal is with that.
Happened in the Beta as well..
The map with the Ship is insane you can't even move if their are snipers in place.

This is probably a dumb question, but is MP still really fast, run-n-gun gameplay like the latter games in the series? It seems like each COD game gets faster and faster. I've always liked the WW2 variants, the original COD, COD2, and World at War. Essentially have given up on the series and have skipped the last few games entirely. The last one I played was Black Ops 2. But if this is like Black Ops or Advanced Warfare with just a WW2 skin, then I may pass.

Guess maybe I'm just too old to keep up. :(

this game is fast paced. imo all COD games have been fast paced. i think you and i are in the same boat, just getting a bit older and reflexes and eye sight aren't what they used to be. back in the COD2 days i used to be pretty dominant. not even close to the case in the latest COD games. that's probably why i much prefer Battlefield games. larger maps with more flanking routes and a bit more overall strategy involved.

I don't see this game going in unrecord territory just is kinda bland....maps leave something to be desired...some are better than others alot of them are way too cramped. I mean Noshahr Canals for BF1 is popular because of all the hiding spots in the cargo crates and it's a pretty big map but this game insn't very cunning just seems tacked on to the game as whole maps leave alot to be desired.

Anyone getting stuttering during the video cutscenes in the SP? Game and everything perform great, but the single player cutscenes lag a shit ton.

Central Hub where you can get supply drops from coins they just drop in a chest on the sand you can see other people dropping stuff like in the top screenshot.

why do all your screenshots look so low-res??...it seriously looks like you play at 480p with every graphics setting on Very Low...look at those ground textures, foliage and character models...they look awful

Maybe your monitor just sucks I don't know? It could be from where I upload the images they maybe compressed.
I really don't care though...

Maybe your monitor just sucks I don't know? It could be from where I upload the images they maybe compressed.
I really don't care though...

my NEC 2490WUXi-BK monitor far from sucks...the main reason I bought it was for its professional color accuracy and contrast

I trasfered the game from my HDD to an SSD I can't even get it to launch now I guess it's a ongoing problem reading on the Steam forums.
So I'm downloading the thing clean to a SSD.

It looks like SteamCharts has the campaign and multiplayer listed separately.
Here's the peak player counts so far:
19,374 - Call of Duty: WWII - 2017
56,174 - Call of Duty: WWII - Multiplayer

Looks like it's edging out Black Ops III.
The longevity of it will probably depend on the multiplayer game-play, prestige and supply drop rewards.

Here are the other Call of Duty game concurrent peak player statistics:

15,312 - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 2016

1,396 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - 2016
6,075 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Multiplayer

63,681 - Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 2015

12,649 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - 2014
35,017 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Multiplayer

12,575 - Call of Duty: Ghosts - 2013
36,922 - Call of Duty: Ghosts - Multiplayer

18,202 - Call of Duty:Black Ops II - 2012
70,819 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Multiplayer
9,628 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Zombies

86,832 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - 2011

118,593 - Call of Duty: Black Ops - 2010

109,547 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 2009

Last edited:
So is this game any good? Is it worth the price of admission? Really liking COD & United Offensive, will I like this one also?

From a historical standpoint, did they include the proper Nazi insignias in the single player campaign?

So is this game any good? Is it worth the price of admission? Really liking COD & United Offensive, will I like this one also?

From a historical standpoint, did they include the proper Nazi insignias in the single player campaign?

LOL I got 4 kills in a Row during domination killed like 5 guys near a caputure point fun to see the payload bomb just drop out of a plane and trying to stear it. Then the game locks up after I switch sides I think the XP is still counted though not totally sure. Then I log back in my character froze for some reason like for 25 seconds match was over thanks Activision.

They should put in a random chance of death when opening loot boxes with others watching. You know, like there is a 5% chance of the falling box crushing you and spectators can fight over your loot.

Last edited:
Quick little run down of my last 24 hours experience with COD:WW2

I caved when I found out a few friends of mine were going to play this. So I bought the $60 game hoping for a decent experience. I could not have been more disappointed. From graphics to gameplay, nothing about this Call of Duty reminds me of its old roots. In fact, from the 14 or 15 year difference between the first COD and this, I find them taking a half assed approach to what made them in fact popular. The multiplayer experience is exactly what I hate the new COD games for. Repetitive shooting, 10 - 15 yard sniping, mediocre sounds, over use of MG's and Submachine Guns, lack of hard core modes and maps being deceptively similar.

This whole headquarters thing is ridiculous. Why even add this? Yay, let's pretend we're on the beaches of Normandy(Post DDAY battle) to upgrade/ buy anything we need.

The only somewhat fun game mode here is WAR. At least you can have multiple people in any match PTFO. Other than that, it's the same repetitive run and gun gameplay as we've seen in all the previous 4 or 5 COD games.

I haven't played the campaign yet, but I wasn't really in to buying the game due to its campaign. And if it's at all good, this may up my personal score of this game. But that will be hard to do. It would have to have the passion/intensity as COD 4 had in its SP to redeem itself for me. So I'll leave those remarks at that.

Nazi Zombies - I do enjoy the change of gameplay this has to offer compared to the previous zombie modes. No more having to build up barriers to get money (Aka Jolts). Much of this game play now reminds of Killing Floor 2. You can now share your money with players, which is kind of nice. Some shmuck who constantly buys crap and dies, can mooch off of the better players. Yay! However, the mode itself is better than the actual MP experience from what I've seen so far.

Overall, not impressed in the slightest. Nothing new to see here in this game as we've seen before. Graphics aren't that spectacular imo, although performance wise, my computer was running with out hiccups. Sounds quality isn't anything special. Constant annoying voices yelling about changes in the objectives kind of kill the experience too.

Again, this is my own personal opinion. If any of you are enjoying it, hats off to you. I just can't see how this is any bit as intense as BF1 was when I played for the first few hours.

5/10 is my score. And that's me being somewhat lenient.

Reactions: w35t
like this
I caved when I found out a few friends of mine were going to play this. So I bought the $60 game hoping for a decent experience. I could not have been more disappointed. From graphics to gameplay, nothing about this Call of Duty reminds me of its old roots. In fact, from the 14 or 15 year difference between the first COD and this, I find them taking a half assed approach to what made them in fact popular. The multiplayer experience is exactly what I hate the new COD games for. Repetitive shooting, 10 - 15 yard sniping, mediocre sounds, over use of MG's and Submachine Guns, lack of hard core modes and maps being deceptively similar

you're just realizing this now?...CoD games have been like this for the past 5+ years

you're just realizing this now?...CoD games have been like this for the past 5+ years
Uh I don't recall mentioning that I've learned this just now, I mentioned a few times about the previous games being repetitive. I'm just expressing that this one is yet again a disappointment. Thanks for the reply.

I'm enjoying WWII. While it could certainly have been better, it's been the most enjoyable COD since Black Ops for me. There are some bugs that need working out, but overall I'm enjoying the game play. I do agree the whole headquarters thing is retarded.

Back