Call of Duty WWII Vanguard

Looks dope but wonder how the Multi-player is. Going to see when the Beta launches.

Looks nice graphically, gameplay wise standard cod single player. Be interesting to know how many gigs this is gonna be and will they release ludicrously sized updates like they did for mw.

Looks nice graphically, gameplay wise standard cod single player. Be interesting to know how many gigs this is gonna be and will they release ludicrously sized updates like they did for mw.
75GB on consoles for just this, 270+ with all the multiplayer... stuff.

Essentially a reskinned Modern Warfare from the looks of it. Which is better than Cold War Black Ops. I'll skip this though.

Yeah I’m planning to try the beta this weekend. I’m ready for a WW2 game again, even though this one looks like it has taken ‘historical liberties’.

Is there a way to preload the open beta? In the Battle.net client I see a "Pre-load the open beta' tab, which takes me to the Vanguard install screen but it is greyed out.

Is there a way to preload the open beta? In the Battle.net client I see a "Pre-load the open beta' tab, which takes me to the Vanguard install screen but it is greyed out.
Not sure if this will work but there might be a dropdown menu next to the install button where you can select the beta. That’s where the battle.net app hides preloads, sometimes.

I'm assuming there is no hard core mode in the beta? Overall feels like a mix between MW and BO CW. Not as good as MW in terms of sounds or animations overall, but a big step up from BO CW.

Plays even more fast paced than MW due to the map design. Doesn't play anything like a WWII game because the few rifles are regulated to sniper roles. Everything else is an SMG or failed experimental design save for the STG.

Yeah this game isn't that great I thought COD WWII is better just played a half game of Kill confirmed.
Beta ends on the 22nd now.

Last edited:
I'm mixed. Sounds feel washed out and still don't sound as good as MW. Map design is more linear than most of MW maps which I don't like. Most seem to be essentially a shoe box in shape. Not many twists and turns or alley ways. Weapon balance seems a bit off but I assume I need upgrades. Everyone runs around with automatic suppressed weapons with electronic sights like they do in modern times. I expected that though. Animations are mixed. Some weapons look good, some like the STG44 look bad. People animations look fine though.

I wasn't planning on picking this up but will continue trying the beta. Think I'll just stay with MW and if BF 2042 is good, will play that.

5 minutes was all i lasted before uninstalling it.

I've given it about 3 hours but I just can't get into it. The sound problems are well known. Everything sounds muted as if under water, turning up the volume doesn't help. Seems like there is a big sound mixing issue. Makes it hard to play. But I also just don't like the maps I've seen so far.

It is a beta, but still not impressed.

Going to pass on this one.

I've given it about 3 hours but I just can't get into it. The sound problems are well known. Everything sounds muted as if under water, turning up the volume doesn't help. Seems like there is a big sound mixing issue. Makes it hard to play. But I also just don't like the maps I've seen so far.

It is a beta, but still not impressed.

Going to pass on this one.

Movement also feels weird in it, though that could be the over the top animations playing a part.

Just like every other COD, I love it. Can’t wait for the new Warzone details and new Warzone map.

Beta was all kinds of fux0red with audio issues and what not but I’m sure it’ll be handled.

Could never get into zombies myself but i know it has a MASSSSIVE following.

Im strictly Battle Royale games these days. Nothing beats that for me, especially playing with friends.

I still want this game but Battlefield 2042 is out the same month which could have a awesome TDM mode.

Call of Duty: Vanguard Supports Both DLSS and FSR, But No Ray Tracing; System Requirements Unveiled

Activision revealed the official PC system requirements for Call of Duty Vanguard...in addition, the publisher confirmed that Beenox is handling the game’s PC version

Call of Duty: Vanguard recommended system requirements

OS: Windows 10 64-bit (latest update) or Windows 11 64-bit (latest update)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580
RAM: 12GB
VRAM: 4GB
Storage: 61GB at launch

Call of Duty: Vanguard ultra system requirements

Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K or AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
RAM: 16GB
VRAM: 10GB
Storage: 61GB (with an optional "Hi-Rez assets cache" up to 64GB more)

https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2021/11/call-of-duty-vanguard-pc-specs-preload-file-size-trailer

Call of Duty: Vanguard Supports Both DLSS and FSR, But No Ray Tracing; System Requirements Unveiled

Activision revealed the official PC system requirements for Call of Duty Vanguard...in addition, the publisher confirmed that Beenox is handling the game’s PC version

Call of Duty: Vanguard recommended system requirements

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580
RAM: 12GB
VRAM: 4GB
Storage: 61GB at launch

Call of Duty: Vanguard ultra system requirements

Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K or AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
RAM: 16GB
VRAM: 10GB
Storage: 61GB (with an optional "Hi-Rez assets cache" up to 64GB more)

https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2021/11/call-of-duty-vanguard-pc-specs-preload-file-size-trailer

lol 3080 ultra :D ,thx polony,but damn cant wait. it is must for me 3 days aww.Also when preload?

Last edited:
Preload is on the 2nd but I haven't even bought the game yet.
I took 9 days of vacation in December for catch up on Comixbooks backlog.
Which will only be obtainable if I retire today from Walmart Hell.

It's going to happen sometime today this game would take me about 20 hours to download 80+ gigs.
The problem I have with COD games I find one I really like and they release some new stuff and it's not as good as the previous one.

It's going to happen sometime today this game would take me about 20 hours to download 80+ gigs.
The problem I have with COD games I find one I really like and they release some new stuff and it's not as good as the previous one.
Me the same. I have slow internet. 20 hours :)?2mb/s

Back