Call of Duty WWII Vanguard

Call of Duty: WWII: 2

I'm not seeing them reach parity with Modern Warfare 2019. Black Ops Cold War was like stepping back in time 5-6 years when it came to shooting, moving, sounds, animations, and other things. And then just a lot of sheer laziness, like 20 round magazines holding 30 rounds when Google images exists. Or the non-3D weapon customization screen.

I'm not a huge fan of WWII shooters unless they're on the realistic side either. CoD WWII had an okay campaign though, so maybe this will be decent for the SP.

Last edited:
I had the most fun playing Advanced Warfare the guns were just fun along with the DLC maps were some of the best I actually found games on Steam during the 1st year.

I was really hoping this game would be set during Korean War / Early east-asian conflicts leading up to vietnam to connect us to the black ops series stuff. Instead, we just get more WW2. I'm really just not that interested in another WW2 game at this point.

There's just so many conflicts i'd rather see in a CoD game. Could we get Grenada? Panama? Falklands? North ireland? Any number of stuff in Africa, west Asia, etc? They really are getting lazy with this crap. I'd imagine they are just recycling a lot of assets from CoD WW2.

I was really hoping this game would be set during Korean War / Early east-asian conflicts leading up to vietnam to connect us to the black ops series stuff. Instead, we just get more WW2. I'm really just not that interested in another WW2 game at this point.

There's just so many conflicts i'd rather see in a CoD game. Could we get Grenada? Panama? Falklands? North ireland? Any number of stuff in Africa, west Asia, etc? They really are getting lazy with this crap. I'd imagine they are just recycling a lot of assets from CoD WW2.

I want a COD WW2 game of the likes of the original COD with a solid single player experience. That game drew you in and made you feel you were a part of what was occurring. It this new games is just a single player on rails shooter with multiplayer being the important part, then I will pass.

The Iraq and Afghanistan wars are ripe for the pickings, but for some reason there always has to be some kind of made up controversy that prevents these games from being made. The most recent and prevalent argument seems to be "American propaganda." Regardless of your opinion on those wars they would make good material for a video game.

The Iraq and Afghanistan wars are ripe for the pickings, but for some reason there always has to be some kind of made up controversy that prevents these games from being made. The most recent and prevalent argument seems to be "American propaganda." Regardless of your opinion on those wars they would make good material for a video game.
That Medal of Honor game from a while back I liked a lot because of that.

I watched this trailer in the Walmart Lunch room usually I dont phone at work. I didn't keep Cold War refunded after Beta. I know this game was using a limited dev crew due to the pandemic but maybe they got the bugs out.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
I was wondering if anyone knows what this reference (0:55) is supposed to signify?

dc8a96656130a4beb21d3f8f05c619e4908a4485e898bcadf5ccac3ecc0cd83d.png

I was wondering if anyone knows what this reference (0:55) is supposed to signify?

View attachment 385826
Those faces appear throughout the teaser. They also appear at 0:12, 0:28, and 1:14. If I were to wager a guess they represent the cast of characters shown by the cover art at the end. All the faces look to represent the ethnic and gender characteristics of those 4 characters.

I see, initially I skimmed over the trailer, but you are right it appears to illustrate the diverse set of characters.

Korea would be a nice war to do, and it mostly plays like WWII anyways. For the most part, it has the same weapons. So I don't see why not.

They would be good, but I suppose MW already did that. It wasn't directly set in Iraq but some parts were clearly based on the aesthetic of it. Likewise for the first mission in MW2 is set in Afghanistan. Of course, a game set in the actual wars would be fine. I think the problem is you'd have to take a more mature approach to those games and most people want some hippie simulator.

There is one confirmed handgun kill by a pilot in the Pacific War. He wasn't in the plane, he had ejected, and as was sometimes characteristic of the Imperial Japanese, the pilot started strafing parachuters. So the guy drew a bead on the cockpit, popped off a few rounds, and the Zero crashed.

Owen J. Bagget. Sometime in the past, oh, 10 years, a Japanese Zero was found underwater with the only damage being a .45-caliber hole in the pilot's skull. I'll try to find it.

I wish Call of Duty would just go the year 4000 or something and make stuff up for a new gameplay/combat experience vs redoing WW2/Modern Warfare over and over.

- Vanguard will run on the same engine that powers Call of Duty: Warzone
- Treyarch is leading development on Vanguard Zombies and will tell a prologue story to the one started last year in Cold War

- Vanguard will run on the same engine that powers Call of Duty: Warzone
- Treyarch is leading development on Vanguard Zombies and will tell a prologue story to the one started last year in Cold War
Great, which means the game size on disk is going to explode even more since Warzone is integrated in the engine. One of the most idiotic decisions I've ever seen.

No, Activision, I am not going to play Warzone just because you forced me to download it.

EDIT: The Microsoft Store listing shows 270.06 GB of drive space is required. Absolutely ridiculous. And that is the console version.

https://gamingintel.com/call-of-duty-vanguard-ultimate-edition-file-size-270-gb/
1629404078971.png

Last edited:
Honestly, with reality going on in a bad way, I am not sure I am interested in stuff like this anymore. The only exception I would make is if this game is like the Original COD or Medal of Honor. Those games taught me things I did not even know and I was a WW2 buff before that, such as the Russian soldiers going into battle with no weapons and being shot by their own forces if they tried to retreat.

lmao, that reveal video.

So, as I guessed, I think i'm correct. They are 100% just re-using CoD:WW2 assets from a few years back and just re-releasing CoD:WW2 with a marginal engine upgrade and maybe a couple new missions.

lmao, that reveal video.

So, as I guessed, I think i'm correct. They are 100% just re-using CoD:WW2 assets from a few years back and just re-releasing CoD:WW2 with a marginal engine upgrade and maybe a couple new missions.

Welp, I will not be having anything to do with this COD then, either. The only ones I truly enjoyed were the original COD and the expansion pack, as well.

Must be real gameplay looks like MW but that is good enough except I bet the file size of the game would be 500 GB.

That is Warzone, which started with Modern Warfare. It includes MW content, Block Ops CW content, and I suppose the upcoming WWII era content. Problem is I hate that crap but they force you to keep it installed. Which means I'll have to download WWII content to take up HDD space when I don't play it.

Back