Call of Duty streamer accidentally reveals he's cheating, loses his Twitch channel

erek

[H]F Junkie
"Despite his protests of innocence, Twitch appears to see the matter differently, as his channel is now gone. Twitch's community guidelines clearly and specifically forbids cheating in online games: "Any activity, such as cheating, hacking, botting, or tampering, that gives the account owner an unfair advantage in an online multiplayer game, is prohibited. This also includes exploiting another broadcaster's live broadcast in order to harass them in-game, such as stream sniping."

It's not known whether this is a permanent ban or just a temporary suspension, but it's an amusing bit of comeuppance either way. Unfortunately, it also highlights Warzone's ongoing problems with cheaters, which have persisted even after Infinity Ward asked everyone to please stop cheating."

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-dut...eveals-hes-cheating-loses-his-twitch-channel/

On that note, a cheat developer has shut down after a lawsuit from Activision... and the kicker is that some customers have had the audacity to ask for refunds.

Cheating really is the bane of PC gaming, and a good reason why I don't mind sticking to consoles. Cheaters are rare and don't last long.

cheaters are just as bad on a console too.. Go give Diablo 3 a try on console :O

cheaters are just as bad on a console too.. Go give Diablo 3 a try on console :O

Oof. I suppose I'm speaking from anecdotal experience, but I don't see cheating in the online games I play on my PS4 (mainly Destiny 2 and Fall Guys as of late). We could say that the situation is significantly better, but that consoles aren't immune to bad cheating in places.

On that note, a cheat developer has shut down after a lawsuit from Activision... and the kicker is that some customers have had the audacity to ask for refunds.

Cheating really is the bane of PC gaming, and a good reason why I don't mind sticking to consoles. Cheaters are rare and don't last long.

Call of Duty is cross platform. That means you're literally playing against the same cheaters as the PC players in this case.

That's why private servers were a good thing.

Until you get banned because someone was butthurt instead. Eh, I miss it and I don't.

I also ran several decently popular ones for years across some games. Familiar faces was the best part. Don't really miss the control so much as the community.

Some of the console releases for Diablo just straight up have hacked gear online. Like that's literally the fun and point of the game... and it's only competitive in the vaguest sense with season ladders so like, why? Don't get it.

I never understood the point of cheating in video games.... if you need to win that badly, you have a mental defect.

It’s the same reason people cheat at anything in life. They’re somehow able to enjoy the rewards, attention and praise that comes with it even though they know they didn’t earn it.

It’s the same reason people cheat at anything in life. They’re somehow able to enjoy the rewards, attention and praise that comes with it even though they know they didn’t earn it.

Its always justified somehow internally, usually something along the lines of you have to cheat to win, others do it, etc etc.

I knew a guy in a gaming group refused to play anything without cheats. On top of that he was a total tool, absolutely cringy af, always chasing but never catching women (mostly due to the cringe as he isn't terrible looking and has height). Never understood why they kept him around, he moved south years ago and thankfully I've never seen him again. From the few snippets I get he still cheats and hasn't really changed at all.

Damn, dude seems to be a pathological liar as well according to the top comment in that article:

He's also known as "Tito Shalgam" a youtuber who faked an illness to scam donations off followers. Just incase you were wondering how much of a p.o.s. he is.

Many 'top tier' FPS players have been cheating for years. Many times it may not be outright game hacks, but even simpler things like scripts that manage recoil when holding down the fire button. This is why you really need the super-intrusive stuff like Punkbuster and real dedicated servers in order to catch these people. The problem is that you can do a lot of psuedo-cheats using keybind software, etc, and this is super hard to detect properly with the way anti-cheat is done these days. Many of these people won't consider this cheating since they're just scripting certain things together in a way that isn't actually hacking the game, but the reality is that it's obviously an unfair advantage for the person doing it.

To add to rewards part, like steroids in professional sports the risk in using cheats is worth the reward (streaming money I guess because no way this guy can compete in esports tourneys right?).

Many 'top tier' FPS players have been cheating for years. Many times it may not be outright game hacks, but even simpler things like scripts that manage recoil when holding down the fire button. This is why you really need the super-intrusive stuff like Punkbuster and real dedicated servers in order to catch these people. The problem is that you can do a lot of psuedo-cheats using keybind software, etc, and this is super hard to detect properly with the way anti-cheat is done these days. Many of these people won't consider this cheating since they're just scripting certain things together in a way that isn't actually hacking the game, but the reality is that it's obviously an unfair advantage for the person doing it.

Even consoles have anti recoil cheats now using usb devices like the Cronus Max and aftermarket controllers with programmable paddles and they’re very common in Call of Duty and other online games.

Even consoles have anti recoil cheats now using usb devices like the Cronus Max and aftermarket controllers with programmable paddles and they’re very common in Call of Duty and other online games.

Yeah it's really tough these days to be sure who's cheating with stuff like that. Every so often I still run into the blatant cheater who dgaf but with stuff like the controllers you mentioned + aim assist it can be difficult to be sure on others.

Yeah it's really tough these days to be sure who's cheating with stuff like that. Every so often I still run into the blatant cheater who dgaf but with stuff like the controllers you mentioned + aim assist it can be difficult to be sure on others.

Yeah it’s funny that a lot of the console guys whine about PC hacking but then so many of them have Cronus Max and aim assist which basically gives them 90% of an aim lock bot built in. When you call them out on it they say shit like, “oh aim assist barely does anything” but the evidence is quite the contrary when you got losers like Faze Swagg and Nick Mercs relying on it to be competitive.

Also this gave me a good laugh:
https://twitter.com/detectszn_/status/1295845378542039042?s=21

Yeah it’s funny that a lot of the console guys whine about PC hacking but then so many of them have Cronus Max and aim assist which basically gives them 90% of an aim lock bot built in. When you call them out on it they say shit like, “oh aim assist barely does anything” but the evidence is quite the contrary when you got losers like Faze Swagg and Nick Mercs relying on it to be competitive.

Also this gave me a good laugh:
https://twitter.com/detectszn_/status/1295845378542039042?s=21
That is laughable. It's incredible how much console players benefit from the aim assist.

I never understood the point of cheating in video games.... if you need to win that badly, you have a mental defect.

agree but it's that same mentality that the mobile game industry feeds off of. everyone wants the easy button.

I was utterly shocked at how aggressive aim assist is as I hadn’t played a console FPS in a decade...it’s basically an aim bot.

yes and no. personally i find it a hindrance.. it allows shitty players to be ok'ish but anyone that actually knows how to use a controller is likely to do better without it. but it's always funny seeing the same aim assist on pc since you can literally see the reticle snapping to the enemy, it doesn't really look like that on console though.

Last edited:
I cheated once in counter strike. It was that speed hack thing with the windows clock. It was hilarious but not all that is useful since you’d be banned from the server fairly quickly. There was no hiding that lol.

Call of Duty is cross platform. That means you're literally playing against the same cheaters as the PC players in this case.

But you can turn that off and just play against console players. Means you have to wait longer in the lobby tho.

I always love the responses when people ask devs about dedicated server support. It ranges from no one would use it to only cheaters host their own servers.

Many ignore that an active admin team playing daily generally has a better response time for banning cheaters.

Well run dedicated servers also tend to have a lot of people who keep coming back and turn into regulars. Not only do you end up with quite a few well known regulars you can trust you also tend to end up with a much friendlier and fun server.

Back in the olden days when I played Wolf:ET I was a member of a clan. At one point I think we had three US servers a couple Euro servers and even one in Singapore. The servers were almost always full and usually had a line of people waiting to get in. That was because we had specific rules listed and enforced those rules relentlessly. Cheaters didn't last long there because someone would catch it and ban them. People had tons of fun on the servers.

Once private servers were effectively killed off I lost all interest in multiplayer FPS games. No admins or moderation. No custom maps. No custom mods. It killed the genre for me. I don't care about "lifetime" stats and I think "unlocking" weapons through play or cash in a competitive multiplayer FPS is the pinnacle of stupidity.

I get cheating in singleplayer games. Nothing like shooting big heads.

I will never get cheating in multiplayer games though.

Well run dedicated servers also tend to have a lot of people who keep coming back and turn into regulars. Not only do you end up with quite a few well known regulars you can trust you also tend to end up with a much friendlier and fun server.

Back in the olden days when I played Wolf:ET I was a member of a clan. At one point I think we had three US servers a couple Euro servers and even one in Singapore. The servers were almost always full and usually had a line of people waiting to get in. That was because we had specific rules listed and enforced those rules relentlessly. Cheaters didn't last long there because someone would catch it and ban them. People had tons of fun on the servers.

Once private servers were effectively killed off I lost all interest in multiplayer FPS games. No admins or moderation. No custom maps. No custom mods. It killed the genre for me. I don't care about "lifetime" stats and I think "unlocking" weapons through play or cash in a competitive multiplayer FPS is the pinnacle of stupidity.

Some games are still running. NS2 still has a solid community for instance.

Some games are still running. NS2 still has a solid community for instance.

There are still a lot of classic style multiplayer games where you don't have any progression or free to play stuff that have private servers with solid communities. They aren't anything big like Call of Duty but a lot of them have a couple hundred players at any given time with a dozen or so private servers.
There are also games like Mordhau that has progression and a matchmaking system but still has private servers and stays true to the classic multiplayer feel and has a competitive clan community and all that.

Why i disable crossplay and won't play any PS games that force it upon me. Can't wait for gta V online for ps5... i can finally play the game without getting thrown into the upper atmosphere.

That's a shame to hear... I was thinking of picking it up once I get my 3080 :(.

Its happens but not as bad as CoD. I just started playing D2 again and had some fun in competitive. I'm not the best but manage to complete all the PVP challenges despite hackers showing up every so often.

I gave up caring anymore. I don't even know why I bother playing. Its addicting I guess. Some rounds I roll last on the board and with a .2 KD. Whatever. It eventually swings back and I end up with a VTOL and White Phosphorous with a 32 KD. XD

Why i disable crossplay and won't play any PS games that force it upon me. Can't wait for gta V online for ps5... i can finally play the game without getting thrown into the upper atmosphere.

It's probably one reason why I like playing Destiny 2 and Fall Guys so much. I know I'm squaring off against other PS4 players, so if I lose I know it's because of my skill, not cheaters or the peripherals I use!

There's so many games I wouldn't have seen later levels without game genie or idspispopd or another person who could beat the boss for me. But, I wouldn't use anything like that online, unless it was just friends and we wanted to see Doom together etc. Has to be consensual.

There's so many games I wouldn't have seen later levels without game genie or idspispopd or another person who could beat the boss for me.
Man, for the longest time I thought I was the only one that still had this memorized. XD

I gave up caring anymore. I don't even know why I bother playing. Its addicting I guess. Some rounds I roll last on the board and with a .2 KD. Whatever. It eventually swings back and I end up with a VTOL and White Phosphorous with a 32 KD. XD

Remember when PUBG came out on console and it didn't have aim assist so everyone was basically just trying to run each over in cars because nobody could hit a shot?

Remember when PUBG came out on console and it didn't have aim assist so everyone was basically just trying to run each over in cars because nobody could hit a shot?
Never played PUBG. Honestly, the last MP-FPS game I legitimately played was CS 1.6.

Back