Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - Multiplayer World Premiere

This. I'm not seeing anything that would entice me into playing MW3. It's also gonna be $60 which is just way out of my price range.

Red Orcastra 2 is gonna end up being $20 in a month or two. Counter-strike GO is gonna be out early next year and will also be $20-30.

lol CS:GO is a rehash too.

Also MW3 looks exactly like MW2.

I may be wrong but didn't they alway rip BO before running out and buying 6 trillion copies of it? lol!

Yep and the outcry before MW2 was ridonkulous and guess what? Sold millions of copies.

In fact there was a Steam group called boycott MW2 or something like that with hundreds of members. The day it came out, someone took a screen shot of the status of the members. Lots of them, like 50% were playing MW2.

I stopped at COD4. Never found myself playing it for hours like I did with CS, DoD, and TF. I gotta give it to them for sticking with what works, kind of like Apple. It doesn't matter if people are complaining as long as they still end up buying the product.

Okay, TF2 (if you are not talking about the TF Classic) only has one flaw: the free to play people generally don't care for teamwork. I dunno if that has cleaned up today, but it was silly hard to get a proper medic->heavy combo when it went free to play :(

I think I am the only one to say this but I am excited for MW3. However, I play on a ps3 not a PC like most of you. I played BFBC2 and the first player was way better than Black Ops but the online multiplayer I did not like at all. The huge maps with only 2 teams of 5 or 6 were terrible. It was a simple sniper fest. I put in a few hours to make sure I didn't like it but I couldn't help myself going back to CoD. Modern Warfare 3 will do great because it still is a great franchise and I for one look forward to it.

Not surprising people are hating on it. They took a game with a big community of mappers and modders, not to mention the tens of thousands of people who loved all that new free content, and they arbitrarily destroyed it. Every single major change to the COD franchise from vCod onwards was originally tested by modders and then later incorporated by IW into their games. Everything from cookable grenades to kill streaks.

So now you get a game with small locked down servers. The COD series is regressing, not progressing.

Run into the ground like every other activision title ever.

That video was fucking horrific.

I'm starting to think that CoD fans are masochists. They must get a hard-on when they realize they are about to be abused and have their wallets raped by the exact same game they have purchased every year. Bend over boys, Bobby Kotick is about to take your money then abuse your anus with his joystick. If you want lube you will have to subscribe to it for $50 a year.

Never liked CoD outside the storyline from Modern Warfare 1&2. If you put a gun to my head and told me to play Black Ops for 20 minutes, I'd tell you to quit being a pussy and pull the trigger or give me the gun and I'll do it for you.

This, though? Sweet jebus. This is sad, even for Call of Duty!

Never liked CoD outside the storyline from Modern Warfare 1&2. If you put a gun to my head and told me to play Black Ops for 20 minutes, I'd tell you to quit being a pussy and pull the trigger or give me the gun and I'll do it for you.

This, though? Sweet jebus. This is sad, even for Call of Duty!

+11

COD is a tired franchise now. A good game takes years to make right, you can't put it to a formula like coke or pepsi, I don't care how many alternate studios work on it or how much money it makes. A real hit is a game you'll play for the next 3-5 years....hell ten years even, so when you gotta carpet over your title in just one year what does that really say about it?

I

What I got from the video:

1) Old graphics engine, new skins. Some new maps.
2) People run straight through like rambo and spam air strikes and grenades and never get hit.
3) Slow mo is cool.

What I got from the video:

1) Old graphics engine, new skins. Some new maps.
2) People run straight through like rambo and spam air strikes and grenades and never get hit.
3) Slow mo is cool.

1. It's because the thing was developed for consoles in mind, why update the engine that'll only look better on PC if the bulk of the sales are on consoles with their outdated hardware anyway? BF3 is an example of the opposite and the console players complain because the amount of players at one time is limited, duh the hardware is 5 years old. They either skimp on the graphics or skimp elsewhere, something needs to be scaled back.

2. Having a plane fly by and carpet bomb an area that ends up staying completely intact should not be acceptable in a modern FPS. Improvements in graphics over the years are nice(regenerating health, limited guns to carry, etc. are not. See SS3 promo), but physics can actually affect gameplay and provide realism. It's great how in MW games everyone just runs through a hail of gunfire back and forth but the ballistic knives/hatchets/etc. are somehow heatseeking instakills with "snipers" flopping around on the ground like a fish out of water doing 720 no-scope backflips off of a rooftop.

3. Well they've got to do something for the trailer that shows no improvements in graphics, physics, gameplay, audio, maps, or anything else.

I couldn't finish watching this fucking mess. I didn't see no multiplayer footage...just a bunch of canned videos littered with slow-mo and that 5+year old graphics just hurt my eyes! Shame on anyone if they spend 60 bucks on this piece of shit!

these games are fun due to the online competition. They don't and should not reinvent the wheel with every itteration. Its like john madden football. Each year essentially the same game is released with minor improvements.

I know people who own every madden back to genesis. At anyrate you all probably realized this. You're just being silly and bashing something popular you don't like. There's even a reason why people like apple products.

these games are fun due to the online competition. They don't and should not reinvent the wheel with every itteration. Its like john madden football. Each year essentially the same game is released with minor improvements.

I know people who own every madden back to genesis. At anyrate you all probably realized this. You're just being silly and bashing something popular you don't like. There's even a reason why people like apple products.

This. and exactly this... they saw what madden did with football and did it with FPS... and it's successful.

The people bitching need to stop crying... you don't HAVE to buy it. Realize what it is.. it's a new iteration so people have something fresh to play... if it was a broken and stupid model it would fail......

The reason graphics arne't jacked up has been said... consoles... but one other huge thing... THEY'RE DROPPING A NEW VERSION EVERY YEAR.... no shit the graphics aren't going to own the old ones... What's the normal workup on a AAA title? 2.5-3 years? They're doing a new one every year.. they push a tiny bit of updates.. fresh content.. some new kinds of modes and reap rewards.

I'm not saying it's ZOMG awesome but, it's a model that works. If it wasn't a solid model to the MASSES, not every rager on the internet... then each successive title wouldn't sell more and more.......

I bet none of you would rage if it had PC vs 360 with better graphics on the PC, and 360 being able to join dedicated servers that PCs host :p

This game looks dated, almost even looks worse graphically than Black Ops IMO.

Battlefield 3 will blow this out of the water.

This game looks dated, almost even looks worse graphically than Black Ops IMO.

Battlefield 3 will blow this out of the water.

Worse than black ops? No.. dated? Yes.

Do you want to start taking bets? Because I'd probably bet a few grand that MW3 will annihilate the sales vs BF3..

I wanna buy the new CoD but, after MW2(IWnet) and Blops(buggy piece of crap), I'll have to wait and read the PC player reviews.

Not the paid liar... I mean professional reviewers. Whatever they say means shit to me. I don't even read that tripe anymore.

This looks like a straight kiddie game after seeing the BF3 multiplayer trailer.
(this is from someone who has bought most of the CoD and BF games).

I think I will skip this one.

Same here, my plan this round is to get BF3. The fact that there are not really vehicles in any of the more modern COD titles is my reason for switching.

qA4Q39t4THAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Minor improvements? In the PC biz we like to call those patches. :p This is almost exactly like MW2 but you get to pay another $60 and buy all the new map packs, HOORAY!

my god, the graphics are fucking awful. it's like the used some shitty grand theft auto graphics engine to make these COD games sorry, have never been a fan of them personally. but the graphics are horrible for today's standards.

I never played MW series and I'm a BF fun. I play mostly BF titles last 6 years.

This MW trailer looked dated , indeed in comparison with BF3. But I do not see why people will not buy it if they like MW gameplay style.

Look at Counter Strike:GO. It also look dated but noone hates it. So, I do not understand why people hate MW. It will have it's players. Many of them. And since they like it , it is a good game for them.

I never played MW series and I'm a BF fun. I play mostly BF titles last 6 years.

This MW trailer looked dated , indeed in comparison with BF3. But I do not see why people will not buy it if they like MW gameplay style.

Look at Counter Strike:GO. It also look dated but noone hates it. So, I do not understand why people hate MW. It will have it's players. Many of them. And since they like it , it is a good game for them.

Most people would love for Gabe Newell to be balls deep in them is why. Valve can do no wrong in the eye's of their fans.

MW2->MW3 = CS:S->CS:GO

SAME ENGINE
SAME GAMEPLAY
A FEW MORE WEAPONS
RESKINNED

I like the game but personally i am out of the series after COD BO. because i payed €60 for the game and 3x €13.99 for dlc's = €101.97, there's another dlc on the way which i will get so that i have the complete game, bringing the total to €115.96. Milk the gamer why don't they......

I know there will be those among you that will say "well you don't have to get the dlc" but if you don't get them its like the game has moved on without you with servers you can't go on with maps you don't have.

Whats the total cost of MW3 going to be when you cost in all the dlc's and the new idea that they have to squeeze you even more, i am of course talking about "call of duty elite" the new monthly subscription service that rolls out with MW3.

"Activision insist that players won’t be forced to pay to play online", this will probably change over time though.

I say HELL NO! that's me finished with the series, just had to vent my spleen....

Not surprising people are hating on it. They took a game with a big community of mappers and modders, not to mention the tens of thousands of people who loved all that new free content, and they arbitrarily destroyed it. Every single major change to the COD franchise from vCod onwards was originally tested by modders and then later incorporated by IW into their games. Everything from cookable grenades to kill streaks.

So now you get a game with small locked down servers. The COD series is regressing, not progressing.

Too true.
Notice its the same engine from COD4

Too true.
Notice its the same engine from COD4

It's the same basic engine as CoD1. IW has been tweaking id's engine since the beginning and in the past few iterations are trying to call it their own cod tech engine... LOL

Don't believe me, take a look at every single COD box. They are still lic. ids engine. When and if IW has to move to a new engine, lets see how they handle that leap.

i dont wanna be a stereotypical hater. I dont care about what engine they are using, the graphics, etc. This game just looks boring :). ill probably pick it up eventually though

You're right, the publishers should just charge full price for minor updates and what amounts to only a map pack and sometimes new weapons annually, for the same game they've been making for 5 years.

You know people who own ever madden game, so what? Those people are why publishers keep selling annual minor updates at full retail price.

Most people would love for Gabe Newell to be balls deep in them is why. Valve can do no wrong in the eye's of their fans.

SAME ENGINE
SAME GAMEPLAY
A FEW MORE WEAPONS
RESKINNED

MW2 $60 ($30 2 years later)
MW3 $60
CS:S $20 (and given away with any valve game you buy)
CS:GO ?? (there is even talk of it being F2P)

MW2 $60 ($30 2 years later)
MW3 $60
CS:S $20 (and given away with any valve game you buy)
CS:GO ?? (there is even talk of it being F2P)

Don't forget $50 a year for Stats and maps that are free on CS

I bought CoD4 and CoD W@W but after playing MW2 on my friends PC I will not buy it or anything like it. As a matter of a fact, I paid the game the ultimate insulte and have not even pirated it or BO to play the SP campaign and I like playing SP campaigns :)

Given there are not many CoD4 servers on Activisions list but there are enough to keep me happy for what little I play anymore and if I really want a choice in servers the Qtracker community is growing.

SAME ENGINE
SAME GAMEPLAY
A FEW MORE WEAPONS
RESKINNED

BS.. I think CS:GO looks like crap.

And I love CS.

BF3 graphics look great... amazing what they can do these days... the pics of forests with the dynamic shadows is AWSOME.

Though the BF series has had better teamwork gameplay is almost moot. Public servers see 50% of those gameplay features. Everyone is out to get their kill streak, pwn etc etc just like COD players.

BC2 showed that EA/DICE have noticed this, stupid ass achievements which then require "ranked" servers cause god forbid someone cheats to get those all important pins/badges etc. All at the cost of modding, custom maps and other actual game improvements.

While BF3 is a move to the traditional BF gameplay, large maps etc. It still has been heavily BC2/COD-fied where all the points are close together, choke points etc etc effectively ruining what made BF2 a team game with attack and defense tactics rather then a run-n-gun grinder.

The unlocks have just gotten worse with bf3... medics can't revive unless "ranking" up, pilots can't have anti-lock flares, unless ranking up.

I mean ok, unlocks are fine but at least give the basics at lvl 1.

Don't blame COD its the idiotic players that just can't have fun shooting people in the face... they need "awards" and crap to keep playing like a damn mmo.

Me I like playing a game just cause its fun to shoot people in the face.

Perhaps the game would get more love if it stopped being an exact copy of the last game or even added anything new. The game hasn't tried anything new or innovative in years. That won't change anytime soon. Kotick likes to rush out a game every year, so the development team, no matter how amazing, can't do anything outside of rehashes.

Totally unrealistic... if this is a call of duty game, there should always be at any given moment at least 5 grenade explosions going off on the screen. Always.

Won't play anything like this obviously... Maybe speed it up 2 or 3 times and have a ton of grenades... lol

Perhaps the game would get more love if it stopped being an exact copy of the last game or even added anything new. The game hasn't tried anything new or innovative in years. That won't change anytime soon. Kotick likes to rush out a game every year, so the development team, no matter how amazing, can't do anything outside of rehashes.

Yep.

Back