Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Yes, they added solo mode, and the current solo mode is stimulus as well meaning if you have the cash you respawn. So the more people you kill / cash you loot the more respawns you'll get. It makes the matches a bit more fun in the long run since you keep more people playing.
I was digging this new mode at first. but the matches take longer and theres just more people to 3rd party fights now and shoot you in the back.

1544245423.png

I think I was 24th? This says 100th? iunno.

Lot of waiting around huh? Just camp out until someone runs by?

ah, I spectated until the end.

21st.

meh. I have an issue where I hate calling it a night on a loss. I'll never win this, so I'll play a few rounds and then regular COD until SBMM kicks in and I go against some potatoes. :D

5423524352.png

We're going to call that a night.

Kind of boring. Running and gunning just doesn't work. Spent like 25m with an LMG waiting for people to run by.

View attachment 244786

We're going to call that a night.

Kind of boring. Running and gunning just doesn't work. Spent like 25m with an LMG waiting for people to run by.

lol your doing it wrong bro.

this is a heavy team focused game. Looks like there is A LOT you don’t know about this game mode and what you have to do besides staying alive. It’s also so much more fun with a full team of people you know or people who communicate.

lol your doing it wrong bro.

this is a heavy team focused game. Looks like there is A LOT you don’t know about this game mode and what you have to do besides staying alive. It’s also so much more fun with a full team of people you know or people who communicate.
That's the thing. I don't know anyone. I really can't do team games right now with the kiddo sleeping. Hell, playing a game without a pause is a trick. There are times when i just have to get up and leave. So these are all solo mode.

I really prefer the offensive, run and gun style modes. Gun Game is what I play 98% of the time. Addicted to that shit.

Pro tip: if you want to max a gun out fast, play shipment. I got dual renetti unlocked in one hour. Anyways, this Call of Duty is the best one in years, a lot better than bops 4. I wish I was still in my early 20s with super reflexes.

Played a few more rounds of Warzone. Watched some videos. The whole "pinwheel" strategy is great. I got so bored of crawling around everywhere and waiting for people to walk by. Played a few rounds last night, and one game I came in like 115th, but the others I was 20s and 30s. My best was 13th.

Note that Activision has added a required 2-factor SMS authentication to the free version of Warzone. They implemented this to more easily cut down on repeat cheaters, apparently, as they can ban you by phone number now. Cheat forums are already panicking and rushing to find a way to bypass this new feature.

1589379397634.png

Note that Activision has added a required 2-factor SMS authentication to the free version of Warzone. They implemented this to more easily cut down on repeat cheaters, apparently, as they can ban you by phone number now. Cheat forums are already panicking and rushing to find a way to bypass this new feature.

View attachment 245182
not seeing this on my account. I guess they dont require it for everyone.

Looks like it's mandatory for new accounts only.

The reality is that anyone with a real account will already have blizzard auth app setup or SMS anyways. These accounts get hacked hard.

I'm suprised they didn't require mandatory two-factor for all accounts already at this point.

I will say that I wish they'd allow you to play Warzone with owners of the full game only if you wanted. This would pretty much eliminate 99% of the hackers since most won't risk an account with $ attached.

Looks like it's mandatory for new accounts only.

The reality is that anyone with a real account will already have blizzard auth app setup or SMS anyways. These accounts get hacked hard.

I'm suprised they didn't require mandatory two-factor for all accounts already at this point.
under security checkup, email verified is the only thing checked.

I got my gold knife finally, gotta say it was probably the most fun out of all the weapons I have done so far, now to decide if I want to try for riot shield.

I got my gold knife finally, gotta say it was probably the most fun out of all the weapons I have done so far, now to decide if I want to try for riot shield.

Still working on my gold Ram-7.... Those mounted kill achievements tho.. bah (apparently shipment using the shield is the way to do it quick)

Still working on my gold Ram-7.... Those mounted kill achievements tho.. bah (apparently shipment using the shield is the way to do it quick)

I just got gold for the GRAU, and the mounted molds were the roughest part for sure. I did it mostly in ground war. Basically just forced myself to mount wherever I possibly could.

Good for them as far as tying it to a phone number. Honestly, it's such a simple idea, no wonder it wasn't thought of before. As a gamer, I probably never would have considered this as a solution to cheating. Fight a never ending war with cheaters via trying to create better cheat software, or simplify it by tying it to something that, for the most part is unique.

Good for them as far as tying it to a phone number. Honestly, it's such a simple idea, no wonder it wasn't thought of before. As a gamer, I probably never would have considered this as a solution to cheating. Fight a never ending war with cheaters via trying to create better cheat software, or simplify it by tying it to something that, for the most part is unique.
aren't there free ways to get a online phone number?

Not without another phone number to verify with typically. Plus, you can easily ban entire blocks of numbers known to be from those services if you want.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Anyone here upgraded from a 3rd gen i7 to something newer and see a large FPS jump? Highest I can currently get is 90 FPS with 1080ti or RX480

Anyone here upgraded from a 3rd gen i7 to something newer and see a large FPS jump? Highest I can currently get is 90 FPS with 1080ti or RX480

My guess you'd see a 25-30% increase which is substantial for some. I play on both my 4770K @ 4.2ghz and my other build which has a 9700K @ 5.0ghz and i see about 30% faster performance, sometimes more depending on area of map.

======================

Massive update went live last night at 11PM PST! Lots of changes! Finally those damn bunkers open with the red access cards!

Loving all this stuff they are throwing in there. Lots of mystery. People already found a nuke behind one of the closed doors through a glitch/clipping and using the remote drone.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1262708758880362504?s=20

https://charlieintel.com/certain-vaults-now-accessible-in-call-of-duty-warzone/60608/

Great, can't wait for the xbox kiddies to 'nuke' a warzone map which requires people to be in bunkers to survive.

This game is going to get farther and farther away from being towards the direction of skill based, and entirely just camping/loot based.

Easter eggs are nice, but the game is wearing on me. Some of the maps are REAL bad, and I keep getting games with mostly console kids, which i knew would happen. I'm not sure the PC fan base is a large as it was when it came out.

Game looks worse now with the update with the same exact settings. Stuff in the distance doesn't seem to be rendering as high of a resolution anymore or something. The game has a higher FPS, but it's obviously been at the expense of visual quality. I made sure to delete my shader cache as well if that was the problem.

Game looks worse now with the update with the same exact settings. Stuff in the distance doesn't seem to be rendering as high of a resolution anymore or something. The game has a higher FPS, but it's obviously been at the expense of visual quality. I made sure to delete my shader cache as well if that was the problem.

Make sure the game didnt drop your render resolution to 50. Mine randomly does that every now and then, really annoying. Thats probably what happened, go check.

Make sure the game didnt drop your render resolution to 50. Mine randomly does that every now and then, really annoying. Thats probably what happened, go check.
Already checked, it's not that. It's only like shadows and other stuff off in the distance.

yeah mine started randomly doing this too a couple weeks ago.

What graphical settings is everyone running in this game for max visibility? It seems like either console players or PC players with lower graphical settings can see me better, because in the kill cam they're somehow able to spot and track me through all sorts of smoke/fire and small holes in cover some times, all with iron sights or reflex sight, and I can't see shit when I watch their replay

I youtube'd it and everyone just tells you to basically turn everything down to minimum including no AA, I can maybe see running no AA could help you see people far away or something, but seeing people's shadows has actually helped me out before. I didn't buy a 2080 for my games to look like ass and I can run the game at 90+ FPS already at 3440x1440 maxed out (except RTX disabled of course) so that's what I've been doing since performance isn't an issue regardless. I don't see me being any better from any additional performance if I'm already at 90+ FPS, but I just want to make sure I have max visibility in all situations and I don't see how some of the settings like texture quality would affect visibility.

Last edited:
Same with any type of game like this unfortunately. If you want that edge you just have to turn everything to the lowest. No different than PUBG, etc.

Same with any type of game like this unfortunately. If you want that edge you just have to turn everything to the lowest. No different than PUBG, etc.

I just wonder if anyone has actually done any comparisons with the graphics settings to see which ones have the biggest impact, so I can at least keep some of them maxed out with little to no visual handicap. From what I see, no one has done that on Youtube.

I just wonder if anyone has actually done any comparisons with the graphics settings to see which ones have the biggest impact, so I can at least keep some of them maxed out with little to no visual handicap. From what I see, no one has done that on Youtube.

Shadows always have a big performance impact. Texture resolution changes lod as well so lowering that helps but then you get texture pop in.

Noticing a good bit more stuttering with the latest patch. Same for others?

I didn't have any issues playing last night. Reinstalling the shaders in the game options is usually recommended if you're having performance issues, esp. after an update (which typically entails reinstalling the shaders anyways, but can't hurt to do it again).

What graphical settings is everyone running in this game for max visibility? It seems like either console players or PC players with lower graphical settings can see me better, because in the kill cam they're somehow able to spot and track me through all sorts of smoke/fire and small holes in cover some times, all with iron sights or reflex sight, and I can't see shit when I watch their replay

I youtube'd it and everyone just tells you to basically turn everything down to minimum including no AA, I can maybe see running no AA could help you see people far away or something, but seeing people's shadows has actually helped me out before. I didn't buy a 2080 for my games to look like ass and I can run the game at 90+ FPS already at 3440x1440 maxed out (except RTX disabled of course) so that's what I've been doing since performance isn't an issue regardless. I don't see me being any better from any additional performance if I'm already at 90+ FPS, but I just want to make sure I have max visibility in all situations and I don't see how some of the settings like texture quality would affect visibility.

Anything that adds clutter to the screen is to your disadvantage, stuff like foliage, small doodads and weather effects, basically anything that obstructs your vision, some cheaters go as far as to remove whole textures so you think you are hiding in high grass and they see you without the grass on their machine.

Anything that adds clutter to the screen is to your disadvantage, stuff like foliage, small doodads and weather effects, basically anything that obstructs your vision, some cheaters go as far as to remove whole textures so you think you are hiding in high grass and they see you without the grass on their machine.

I know that, but there's no graphical settings tied to any specific "clutter" like LOD, grass, etc. I didn't know that the texture settings were tied to LOD though, so I'll try lowering that a bit to see if it helps visibility of further away targets at least. From what I've seen in any modern multiplayer game too, even as far back as BF2 when I played it, is that most tall grass and environmental effects/cover still remain even on the lowest graphical settings, it just looks worse.

Also, I'm curious as to what DPI and mouse sensitivity everyone plays at? I saw some streamers claimed they put their DPI down to like 400 and mouse sensitivity at like 6.x within the game, but that didn't add up when I tried it, as that makes my mouse take retardedly long throws just to turn around or look around. So I've settled on like 1200 DPI I think it was and 6ish mouse sensitivity in the game. I had it higher than that on both values for a while and found it too sensitive and hard to stay on target while shooting someone.

I run 1200DPI.

Some players are running like 180 and I have no idea how. I rest my wrist on the desk and pivot from there.

They are still selling this game for $70, are they out of their minds? Or is it still selling that well? It is 8 months old now.

Back