Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

I played "Plunder" for a few minutes, basically you go around trying to get cash. It was pretty fun, I normally don't get into BR games.

But I liked this one, when you die you re-spawn in 20 seconds, so there's not a ton of waiting around if you get picked off quickly.

I played "Plunder" for a few minutes, basically you go around trying to get cash. It was pretty fun, I normally don't get into BR games.

But I liked this one, when you die you re-spawn in 20 seconds, so there's not a ton of waiting around if you get picked off quickly.
If you can respawn then it's technically not a BR mode, it's just using the map and assets.

If you can respawn then it's technically not a BR mode, it's just using the map and assets.
Ha I think that's why I like it. In normal BR I don't like sitting around after I die. This Plunder mode
seemed like the secondary not the primary mode. Maybe for people like me that want to respawn?

Ha I think that's why I like it. In normal BR I don't like sitting around after I die. This Plunder mode
seemed like the secondary not the primary mode. Maybe for people like me that want to respawn?
yeah I think thats the purpose of plunder mode. however the first time you die in the BR mode, you get to duel someone, winner gets to parachute back into the circle. and if your team mates have enough money, they can bring you back.

yeah I think thats the purpose of plunder mode. however the first time you die in the BR mode, you get to duel someone, winner gets to parachute back into the circle. and if your team mates have enough money, they can bring you back.
That's cool, I never really gave BR (in any game) much of a shot. I game so little that when I do I usually just want to run and gun for a few minutes.

Downloaded the new update. Installed the recommended new NVIDIA Driver 442.59 with DDU clean first.

Now my PC hard resets right as the level loads.

Edit: I fixed the problem by changing a few settings so im not sure which one of them was the culprit. Since i did a clean install, my NV Control panel was reset. Here is what i changed in case anyone else has this problem. I have a GTX1080 with a GSYNC monitor.

- NV panel VSYNC to ON, off in game.
- Prefer Maximum Performance

Seems simple but my game doesn't crash anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Downloaded the new update. Installed the recommended new NVIDIA Driver 442.59 with DDU clean first.

Now my PC hard resets right as the level loads.

Anyone else have this issue or ideas about how to fix it?
I just updated and was able to get into a game of Plunder.

I had played on the old driver at first, then updated later on, but it still works.

So like any other FPS game, I suck. I'm trying this Warzone thing. Never done this style of game before. I won't get a single kill, obviously. But when I die, I get sent to that 1v1, die again obviously, and then what? Leave the game and wait in the lobby?

edit: looking for 128 more players. Been about 10m now. This is their big revelation to the game? I have to be missing something.

So like any other FPS game, I suck. I'm trying this Warzone thing. Never done this style of game before. I won't get a single kill, obviously. But when I die, I get sent to that 1v1, die again obviously, and then what? Leave the game and wait in the lobby?

edit: looking for 128 more players. Been about 10m now. This is their big revelation to the game? I have to be missing something.

After your loss in the Gulag your team fights to earn money. They can use a buy station to re-deploy you.

After your loss in the Gulag your team fights to earn money. They can use a buy station to re-deploy you.
I'm sure that'll never happen.

Got into another round. Managed 17th. I get game but I'm even worse at this than the typical FPS game. ugh

Takes me a solid 15m+ to get into a game.

I'm sure that'll never happen.

Got into another round. Managed 17th. I get game but I'm even worse at this than the typical FPS game. ugh

Takes me a solid 15m+ to get into a game.
Been watching a stream. Squadmate still alive accrues $10,000, dead squadmate requests redeploy, alive guy looks around in panic at the chime and ignores the waypoint pointing to a buy station for 5 minutes before streamer quits.

played 3 rounds so far. i like it, but needs solos and duos. huge map and lots of building interiors and detail. match making is buggy. often lobbies fill to 120ish then stop, then people leave. there are two different sprint speeds.

The solution to your problems is to play with people you know in real life.

I intend to convince my brother in law to download this on PS4. I already play semi regularly with my little brother who is stuck at home in Korea, while his school is cancelled, also found out some guys in my church, and some other churches in my section play so I want to play with those guys.

I think that crossplay for this reason alone made the game a worth it buy for me.

Most of the folks I know play on console, and the social aspect of gaming is what is most enjoyable to me.

Plus team play is much better with friends!

So outside of Battle Royale, what does this have? Is Contracts just a variation of it?

Played CoD for the first time in half a week, and ping was horrific. I assume the servers are getting over loaded.

Man I've been stomping kids all day, it's so easy. I guess because there's so many console players it doesn't even feel like a challenge most of the time lol. I'm loving plunder mode too.

Edit: so I played quite a bit today and it won't be replacing Apex Legends for me. My friends feel the same way, warzone is fun but the ttk promotes camping and the movement doesn't feel nearly as good. The bullet sounds are also a little wonky. I'll keep playing for plunder but my go to BR will still be Apex.

Last edited:
Man I've been stomping kids all day, it's so easy. I guess because there's so many console players it doesn't even feel like a challenge most of the time lol. I'm loving plunder mode too.

Edit: so I played quite a bit today and it won't be replacing Apex Legends for me. My friends feel the same way, warzone is fun but the ttk promotes camping and the movement doesn't feel nearly as good. The bullet sounds are also a little wonky. I'll keep playing for plunder but my go to BR will still be Apex.
Pretty much the same here. New league for Path of Exile this Friday. Tried this Warzone thing and I like the idea, but the execution is horrid. I can't do the FPS games anymore. Got myself in a Gun Game last night, and after ~10 losses SBMM kicked in and I wiped the floor. Logged off and leaving it at that. :D

Watched some streams of this game, it does have a couple nifty features, though I don't think it differentiates itself enough from the other military style BR games out there. By not having a solo mode it locks out a large portion of the playerbase who won't play group modes, but I'm sure it's planned for the future.

'Call of Duty: Warzone' is a serious contender to Fortnite's throne
How many times have we heard that in the past few years? Silly clickbait title. Until there's another game with actual building mechanics, fortnite has an untouchable playerbase.

I'd love to see other tripleA devs actually try to compete with FN, making a "BR with building" game.

2nd time I bought this game after refunding it before due to the stupid DEV Error BS. Still getting the Dev 6068 crash like so many others out there even with the latest patch. Tried all the fixes recommended. Finally narrowed it down to GPU overclock. If I disable overclock, game does not crash and that is with HDR and ray tracing with max settings. Pretty lame that I have to disable overclock to play this game. It's the only game that I have to do this with. I've got an EVGA 2080 Ti Hybrid and every other game I can play at 2100/7500 GPU and temps never get over 55C. Don't know what makes COD so sensitive???

I just couldnt really get into Apex.... Maybe because my ping is always high whenever I play, since I live in the middle of the ocean (Hawaii), on an extremely good day, if I am playing with people in California or somewhere along the west coast on a weekend, my ping is like 55ms, and get put in a lobby with some other Hawaii folks (easy guess, they always have 808 in their names) it may be a touch lower.

Whenever I played Apex, I always felt like I was half a second slow to react, or my aim was hot garbage. On top of that I dont know anyone who plays....

At least playing against console gamers I have a fighting chance!

Might give this Warzone game a whirl this weekend. I've never played a Battle Royale game mode before and it's been ages since I"ve played any multi-player FPS, I think the last game was Battlefield 4 lol.

Blizzard handle: JBauerCTU

Watched some streams of this game, it does have a couple nifty features, though I don't think it differentiates itself enough from the other military style BR games out there. By not having a solo mode it locks out a large portion of the playerbase who won't play group modes, but I'm sure it's planned for the future.

How many times have we heard that in the past few years? Silly clickbait title. Until there's another game with actual building mechanics, fortnite has an untouchable playerbase.

I'd love to see other tripleA devs actually try to compete with FN, making a "BR with building" game.
alot of people dont care for fornite's building. they want a more realistic game like pubg, but one that works properly, is faster paced. which is what warzone is for the most part. and its first person. fornite interest has been dwindling. epic didn't to much with the latest season, probably the most lacking season I've ever seen, and I've played from the beginning.

the reason why warzone is a "serious contender" is because it is a AAA free to play BR. I think the only other time someone should have said serious contender was with apex. apex never rubbed me right with its fake futuristic weapons. I think theres a place for every game though, they really all are different. its funny warzone's armor plate idea is straight from battlefield's firestorm. I would like to see more competitors to escape from tarkov. tarkov and warzone will be my jam for awhile I think. if someone makes a free to play tarkov, that actually runs well. it would be a pretty big success.

Last edited:
Might give this Warzone game a whirl this weekend. I've never played a Battle Royale game mode before and it's been ages since I"ve played any multi-player FPS, I think the last game was Battlefield 4 lol.

Blizzard handle: JBauerCTU
I totally gave up on the Call of Duty franchise probably around MW3 when I transitioned to BF, and played a ton of Bad Co. 2, BF3, BF4, and some BF1. And I will say that the gun play, the attention to detail, and most surprisingly crossplay has made this game a win for me. The most fun in CoD since Cod4/MW2 in high school.

I dont know if the Battle Royale will be any fun for me, as the genre never seemed appealing to me. But I will be trying it probably Friday night.

Activision: U1traman#2645970

Not a big fan of BR, but I thought I give this one a chance since its free and plunder looks interesting enough. My son owns the game so I thought I team up with him so he can carry me...lol. My reflexes are not what they used to be.

Not a big fan of BR, but I thought I give this one a chance since its free and plunder looks interesting enough. My son owns the game so I thought I team up with him so he can carry me...lol. My reflexes are not what they used to be.

I find that if you just play more relying on positioning, and anticipating the opposing players, you can mitigate a lot of the reaction time differences. Playing on high ping with a 60hz is like old man reflexes (no offense).

This game does reward slower play (at least in MP), checking corners, crouch walking, and a lot of audio cues.

My buddies and I were playing some Plunder today and had some really fun fights. Caught a dude trying to roll up on us and sniped him out of the air:

Dropped in and uninstalled. I never could find a match for Plunder. I gave up after sitting for a while both the night of launch and earlier tonight. I don't enjoy BR games so not at all surprised. It was weird to see how my tastes have changed or maybe it is just the COD changes since MW was the last one I played more than a few hours and stopped buying after Black Ops 2 I think. I just don't enjoy their shooting mechanics anymore compared to Battlefield. It doesn't feel like there is any power behind the shots.

Here's a funny af clip that happened last night:

Fatal Pilot Error.jpg
Fatal Pilot Error2.jpg
Bodies.jpg
Head First.jpg

Last edited:
Lmao.

Guys let’s post up our gamertags/PSNID/activision ids so we can squad up.

Does [H] have a discord server for gaming?

we should really get one going right away and invite everyone in so we can see when the guys are online and available

Activision userid:

CutByArbi

Last edited:
Lmao.

Guys let’s post up our gamertags/PSNID/activision ids so we can squad up.

Does [H] have a discord server for gaming?

we should really get one going right away and invite everyone in so we can see when the guys are online and available

Activision userid:

CutByArbi

Yes [H] has a Discord server.
The [H]ard Gaming Community Server is for all Hard Forum members use.
I made 5 voice channels for Warzone.

Discord Voice Server
Discord Monitor:https://discordapp.com/widget?id=351171286283714561&theme=dark

Discord Server Invite Link: https://discordapp.com/invite/4J5Gy9E

All voice channels have unlimited slots. Let me know if you want any new game channels created.

Yes [H] has a Discord server.
The [H]ard Gaming Community Server is for all Hard Forum members use.
I made 5 voice channels for Warzone.

Discord Voice Server
Discord Monitor:https://discordapp.com/widget?id=351171286283714561&theme=dark

Discord Server Invite Link: https://discordapp.com/invite/4J5Gy9E

All voice channels have unlimited slots. Let me know if you want any new game channels created.
Awesome!

all the guys that play, get on that server before getting on!

I just read this game hit 15 million players when Warzone came out.
We need to covert them to CRPG or MMO junkies.
I think it's the media keeping people indoors plus school is canceled.

I am currently playing on No Fill mode (SOLO) and having a blast. Wiping a squad is so rewarding, game is great so far.
damn, I hope I can get to that level. especially if they never add solos.

since I dont own the base game, I guess plunder would be a easier way to level up guns so I can get a good loadout?

damn, I hope I can get to that level. especially if they never add solos.

since I dont own the base game, I guess plunder would be a easier way to level up guns so I can get a good loadout?

I think in BR mode loadout doesnt matter? But in the rest of the game i think it does.

I think in BR mode loadout doesnt matter? But in the rest of the game i think it does.
well you can call in a loadout drop, and I only have attachments for the guns you find on the map. and theres only like 3 different ones you see often. theres definitely a advantage for players that own the game. I'll never get to call in a weapon with a thermal scope. it sort of feels pay to win.

Back