Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

You must have been at the tail end of BF4. Pistol only servers were around from shortly after launch and died out only once BF1 came out. Pistol Only were most of my favorite servers and there were multiple variations of them, but not all ran TDM if this is all you were looking to play. Many ran in domination and a few with Oblivion.

Bro, not only BF4 pistol only servers, do you remember the Aftermath DLC on BF3?

Scavenger mode where you start with a pistol and have to pick up random weapons around the map.

One of my all time favorite DLCs.

Rumor is YES. It will be instantly unlocked for the owners of the game. Standalone will be free download. Hopefully thats the case!
hope so, I don't feel like spending $50 for cod. and I got a 2070 super today. my 1070 didn't cut it for the cod beta. at 1440p anyway.

hope so, I don't feel like spending $50 for cod. and I got a 2070 super today. my 1070 didn't cut it for the cod beta. at 1440p anyway.

2070 super should be perfect for this game 1440p maxed out. Just turn off Ray tracing for now.

2070 super should be perfect for this game 1440p maxed out. Just turn off Ray tracing for now.

My regular 2070 is struggling now at 2560x1440... average frames are still high but it does get into the 40-50s easily when a lot of explosions and dust kicks up. I'm going to assume the Super will do better. But the performance has absolutely gone downhill in recent versions.

The last update killed performance on my r9 nano in the map with the mine in ground war. The lighting is all messed up, I get artifacts now. It's broken now.

The last update killed performance on my r9 nano in the map with the mine in ground war. The lighting is all messed up, I get artifacts now. It's broken now.

I get artifacts only if I minimize the game too much, that occurred some patches back. The frame rate over time has dropped though.

My regular 2070 is struggling now at 2560x1440... average frames are still high but it does get into the 40-50s easily when a lot of explosions and dust kicks up.

My GTX 1080 @ 1080P keeps a fairly consistent 90 cap with g-sync.... Butttttt I did notice a drop down to like 58 last night on Crash when a ton of explosions/dust went off at once..

My GTX 1080 @ 1080P keeps a fairly consistent 90 cap with g-sync.... Butttttt I did notice a drop down to like 58 last night on Crash when a ton of explosions/dust went off at once..

Gets around that and lower for me, RTX 2070 but I run a higher resolution. Performance took a nose dive. Played today though and did better. Was experiencing the "super bullet" (see the tick rate post a few pages back) for about two weeks. Today it seemed much better, and my KDR went from averaging from .6-7 to 1 to around 2.5 on average. Seemed smoother. Seems like after every major update the game's online performance takes a massive dive then it comes back. No idea if server quality sees massive dips every now and then, but you can really feel when things aren't going smoothly.

But the frame rate still is worse from release. As you mentioned, get some dusk on screen and some smoke, and it just isn't as high as the release build.

Well looks like they screwed up the game big time. Feels like something entirely different. Damage is entirely off, everything requires many more hits. Return of the "super bullets". Performance has gone down the shitter, lots of low frame rates throughout gameplay. It simply isn't a smooth experience anymore. The launch game had similar performance with RTX on than it does now with it off. The whole aiming, killing and shooting mechanic is so different from even 2 weeks ago I don't know what the hell game this is supposed to be. Not what they advertised in the public beta, that is for sure. And certainly not what we were playing as little a 2 weeks ago.

Recent patches were messing up the game, the last one ruined it. Game is pretty much dead as is unless they can un-fuck it quickly.

I feel like we’re playing different games. I’ve been playing consistently since launch and don’t see any of these ‘obvious’ changes you keep describing. Either you’re extremely sensitive to very minor changes, or I'm extremely numb to very large changes.

Fired up the game after a while and it felt really laggy, like I was walking through water. Frames are good like 100fps. But I noticed that the .01% low are very bad, down as low a 10-15 often. Any ideas how to get that up?

Very excited for tomorrow!!

You guys notice the movie posters on that shitty map Picadilly?!

Warbeast March 3!

Haha, can’t wait! Better be true!

Finally! Time for some battle royale! I have no doubt it’s going to be amazing.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Very excited for tomorrow!!

You guys notice the movie posters on that shitty map Picadilly?!

Warbeast March 3!

Haha, can’t wait! Better be true!

Finally! Time for some battle royale! I have no doubt it’s going to be amazing.

Confirmation it's tomorrow??

I honestly wouldn't expect it until the next season, which starts beginning of next month. Activision are probably still butthurt about the leak.

No Warzone today, but at least we got 3 more Gunfight playlists!

Something to amuse you for the time being.

Just moved this game from SDD to HDD mainly because it drives me nuts due to the file size and updates.
Waiting for the next Call of Duty this year. Really don't plan on playing this game anyway backlog is too big.
Call of Duty is the biggest disposable franchise out there =)

So close to tuesday! Heres to hoping Warzone somehow launches on my day off tomorrow and not tuesday! lmao

heard there was a ad on twitch for it tonight. rumor is squads only though, which is a bummer.

Im totally fine with squads only. Hope they actually add the 3 man teams mode too! (trios) or whatever they call it.

Looking forward to warzone but what worries me is it will be too console focused like all Call of Duty games and as a result the PC version will suck and die out fast like Blackout did

There was a leaked video up for a bit on YT that suggested solos, and duos at the start. I hope so, squad only ruins it for me.

ugh. I guess I'll have to try it out. At least until my anxiety kicks in and I start up PoE this weekend, haha.

No solos is a good idea to prevent community fragmentation that happened with Blackout. The only thing that worries me about this game is killstreaks in a BR and Activisions boundless greed which may lead to p2w guns like Blackout.

No solos is a good idea to prevent community fragmentation that happened with Blackout. The only thing that worries me about this game is killstreaks in a BR and Activisions boundless greed which may lead to p2w guns like Blackout.
well blackout wasn't a free game. this is free, should be tons of people playing for awhile, so I don't see the reason for no solos and duos. fortnite has solos and SBMM and manages to fill a lobby in 30 seconds. there are alot of idiots and little kids that are gonna play this game. I'm forced to play with them cause of squads only.

edit: game has solos, duos, and trios

Last edited:
Hopefully it doesn't take much from the main game player base, I have zero interest in it. But it will be interesting to see. If it was just a game mode, would more people get into it over having it as an entirely separate download? Or the opposite? Suppose we'll never know. Wondering if the installs can share assets to, because the install size of MW alone is huge.

I wonder if Plunder is going to be like Bank Heist from Battlefield: Hardline

Has there been any word on when exactly Warzone is going to be available. I was looking to see if I could preload it last night but couldn't find anything.

Jackfrags reports that you'll auto regenerate life over time if you're not being shot. I think that totally kills the point of the survival aspect of a BR mode.

We'll see. Downloading the update now. Looking forward to trying this out.

Cuisine Royale has had my attention these last few weeks. This better be good.

MrWrong

97JtYdj.png

Has there been any word on when exactly Warzone is going to be available. I was looking to see if I could preload it last night but couldn't find anything.
The release times for players who own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare are:

• UK: 3pm (GMT / UK)
  • Europe: 5pm (CEST / West Europe)
  • East Coast US: 11am (EDT / East Coast US)
  • West Coast US: 8am (PDT / West Coast US)
The download size will be 15-22 GB.

Warzone will be available for everyone to download for free from the following times:

• UK: 7pm (GMT / UK)
  • Europe: 9pm (CEST / West Europe)
  • East Coast US: 3pm (EDT / East Coast US)
  • West Coast US: 12pm (PDT / West Coast US)
The download size will be 80-100 GB.

Back