Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

I'm new to COD MP, came from the battlefield series and I'd like for some one to answer 2 simple questions that I have noticed in MP.

1. In the attached picture the enemy at the other end of the map is mounted on the way and the only body part that is visible is his head. No weapon showing, so how the hell can he shoot his gun through the wall?

2. Head shots are supposed to be one hit kill shots, however in the same picture his head is the only thing that is visible. You will notice there is a hit detection marker shown to let me know the bullet hit its target. How is it that if his head is the only thing that is visible, I'm not getting a one hit kill head shot? The aftermath of this picture, the guy at the end of the map killed me.

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm new to COD MP, came from the battlefield series and I'd like for some one to answer 2 simple questions that I have noticed in MP.

1. In the attached picture the enemy at the other end of the map is mounted on the way and the only body part that is visible is his head. No weapon showing, so how the hell can he shoot his gun through the wall?

2. What really gets me pissed off is head shots are supposed to be one hit kill shots, however in the same picture his head is the only thing that is visible. You will notice there is a hit detection marker shown to let me know the bullet hit its target. How is it that if his head is the only thing that is visible, I'm not getting a head shot? The aftermath of this picture, the guy at the end of the map killed me.
The way I understand it, and I can be totally wrong here, but if you have a few decent rounds the game is going to hinder you. So, if you have back to back rounds of 2+ KD, things like your accuracy and damage will be reduced to...give the other players a better chance at winning.

Just you wait. You have two or three decent games, the next few rounds you're going to get destroyed. Because remember, its 2020 and everyone needs to be a winner.

The way I understand it, and I can be totally wrong here, but if you have a few decent rounds the game is going to hinder you. So, if you have back to back rounds of 2+ KD, things like your accuracy and damage will be reduced to...give the other players a better chance at winning.

Just you wait. You have two or three decent games, the next few rounds you're going to get destroyed. Because remember, its 2020 and everyone needs to be a winner.
wait what? that can't be true. I think if you have a few decent rounds the matchmaking moves you up to higher skilled players.

wait what? that can't be true. I think if you have a few decent rounds the matchmaking moves you up to higher skilled players.
Its not "confirmed", but its in their patent or whatever. Its been shown a few times too. Like I said, its all heresay. I'd believe it though.

I can't confirm that, but in hardcore headshots are supposed to be one shot kills. Or at least were, maybe that changed. But I know for a fact that not all head shots are kills. I'm going with slight lag, but maybe the others are onto something.

For the bullets, I believe they originate from the eyes like most games and not the weapon barrel.

Also you can press a button to snap to cover, where you minimize your exposed body.

this is my understanding as well. There’s no way they would reduce individual players’ accuracy and damage, that just wouldn’t happen.

There are others like it. I don't know what to believe. Either way, like the guy said in that video, you're ultimately playing against yourself. You have two decent games, then you're put into a sweat lodge, get reamed for 30m, then back to the potato farm for a round. For me its just a back and forth swing of getting my ass kicked to a half decent game. Frustrating, but addicting for whatever reason.

That’s horse shit lol. I go game after game after game reaming folks.

I also have days where I’m just off.

Wins i can not control but K/D i can. Slow down, dont run and gun COD style and you'll do well.
I'll get one decent game where I'm at 2 KD, then for the rest of the night I'm ~.5. For me, the SBMM is blatantly obvious because after five rounds of getting destroyed I get sent to a potato farm.

Funny you mention slow down. I run with SMGs and max out ADS first then Mobility. I can't sit still.

2. Head shots are supposed to be one hit kill shots, however in the same picture his head is the only thing that is visible. You will notice there is a hit detection marker shown to let me know the bullet hit its target. How is it that if his head is the only thing that is visible, I'm not getting a one hit kill head shot? The aftermath of this picture, the guy at the end of the map killed me.

1.) He was likely "Mounted" which means they're LDS so the gun was there, just not super visible.

2.) Since it's not on hardcore mode there could be a number of reasons, the most likely being that you were beyond the distance for maximum damage.

I'll get one decent game where I'm at 2 KD, then for the rest of the night I'm ~.5. For me, the SBMM is blatantly obvious because after five rounds of getting destroyed I get sent to a potato farm.

Funny you mention slow down. I run with SMGs and max out ADS first then Mobility. I can't sit still.

nothing wrong with that playstyle but if you play that way I wouldn’t put much focus on KD ratio. Generally speaking guys who run and gun accept a poor KD ratio for pure kill count (e.g. they go 21-29 instead of 8-4). I’m painting with a broad brush here but that’s generally what I see in game.

nothing wrong with that playstyle but if you play that way I wouldn’t put much focus on KD ratio. Generally speaking guys who run and gun accept a poor KD ratio for pure kill count (e.g. they go 21-29 instead of 8-4). I’m painting with a broad brush here but that’s generally what I see in game.
Objective. I play the objective.

I'm pretty much done with this game it was fun probably the best COD MP to date. I just want to make friends with anyone I fragged or anyone who fragged me.

I saw some people are leaning in this game like in Rainbow Six Siege. I cannot do it. Is it because I am playing on PC? How can I lean in this game?

I saw some people are leaning in this game like in Rainbow Six Siege. I cannot do it. Is it because I am playing on PC? How can I lean in this game?

In Settings there’s a key bind for ‘mount’ or ‘mounting’ (I don’t remember which one). Press whatever that key is when you’re close to a corner and it will lean around the corner. It also works for mounting to flat surfaces like a machine gun mount.

Getting close to a surface where you can lean or mount should display the button prompt on screen for you, too, if you don't know what button it is.

8 of the 10 best-selling games of the decade were Call of Duty

Market research company The NPD Group has released its list of the ten best-selling games of the 2010s in the US across all platforms, including Nintendo, PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam...Grand Theft Auto 5 from Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar topped the list, which isn't terribly surprising, but after that it's Call of Duty (almost) all the way down.

The full list, based on dollar sales in the US:

• Grand Theft Auto 5 (Take-Two Interactive)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision Blizzard)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision Blizzard)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision Blizzard)
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision Blizzard)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (Take-Two Interactive)
  • Call of Duty: WWII (Activision Blizzard)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (Activision Blizzard)
    Minecraft (Microsoft)
https://www.pcgamer.com/8-of-the-10-best-selling-games-of-the-decade-were-call-of-duty/

I have decided that when playing a cross play match, that there should be a 10% chance that console players have aim assist disabled just to make them face the fact that they actually aren't as good as they think.

Its really just for a bunch of skins so I didn't bother.

I tried giving it another go late last week. I can't do it anymore. I was up until midnight getting hung up on going to bed on a win. After like 4h I finally got the #1 slot on Gun Game. I'm going to leave it at that. This stupid game is not good for my health, haha.

I know this will come off as rant like and petty to most, but I must say I find the weapon 3D models very underwhelming. I don't expect 100% perfect authenticity, but I can easily tell a number of the models are very inaccurate. Take the RAM-7 as an example, which is supposed to be a Tavor. The back and center are very off. They even omitted a safety selector entirely, and accidentally added what I assume is supposed to be another magazine release in the safety location.
https://blog.activision.com/content...uchui/blog/callofduty/body/RAM_7_Overview.jpg

https://1s18w12tqveh1xfywp1ulx42-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/IWI-Tavor-SAR-Lead.jpg

I've heard that licensing is apparently an issue, but for some reason it isn't for dozens upon dozens of games throughout the decades. My understanding is that as long as you don't use company logo/product names you're fine.

Seems like Activision is being incredibly cautious to the point of paranoia. But considering that list above of the best selling games, they really aren't hurting for money. Which just seems stingy and lazy. I can't imagine this would fly well if a racing game was marketing as authentic but the car models looked considerably different from the real world ones.

Again, I don't expect 100% accuracy, but this just seems lazy. Especially when smaller studios like Insurgency Sandstorm are putting crazy amounts of detail into their weapons.

Its really just for a bunch of skins so I didn't bother.

I tried giving it another go late last week. I can't do it anymore. I was up until midnight getting hung up on going to bed on a win. After like 4h I finally got the #1 slot on Gun Game. I'm going to leave it at that. This stupid game is not good for my health, haha.

Varies for me. I get some good games and bad ones, but what I've found is you need guns with quick aim times. Everything else is mostly worthless unless you're playing as a sniper. It isn't like Battlefield where LMGs and whatnot have more of a role. The game is too fast paced. Figure out the best balance for aim time and low recoil for each weapon.

The right attachments do matter a lot. There are a lot of interesting combinations, but for most weapons they're mostly worthless.

Varies for me. I get some good games and bad ones, but what I've found is you need guns with quick aim times. Everything else is mostly worthless unless you're playing as a sniper. It isn't like Battlefield where LMGs and whatnot have more of a role. The game is too fast paced. Figure out the best balance for aim time and low recoil for each weapon.

The right attachments do matter a lot. There are a lot of interesting combinations, but for most weapons they're mostly worthless.
Way too fast paced. I'm going to give myself a heart attack from this crap. I just get too amped up and bullshit over it. I'd hate to see the long term effects of these games. It can't be good, haha.

My #1 game style is Gun Game. That's all I stick around for. So I really don't give myself the option for gearing out a particular gun.

Way too fast paced. I'm going to give myself a heart attack from this crap. I just get too amped up and bullshit over it. I'd hate to see the long term effects of these games. It can't be good, haha.

My #1 game style is Gun Game. That's all I stick around for. So I really don't give myself the option for gearing out a particular gun.

Try TDM if you can so you can get use to a particular gun. I only played gun game back in CS Source and a little bit in BF3. Kind of fun for a while, but the random weapon choices just aren't my thing.

So this whole time I was thinking that mobility meant you moved faster AND had faster ADS speed. I guess this isn't the case? How are we to know the best config for fastest ADS speed.

So this whole time I was thinking that mobility meant you moved faster AND had faster ADS speed. I guess this isn't the case? How are we to know the best config for fastest ADS speed.

maximize “+aim down sight” attachments and minimize “-aim down sight” attachments.

Yeah I'm trying to download the thing will take me about 8 hours or more.
Might get a new internet connection down the road.

Do you all think the battle pass is worth it?

It seems like no one does. I'm starting at yet another 35 percent off sale on the base game from Blizzard and I'm still considering it.

You get three weapons for free without the battle pass, which some people seemed to be confused with. The battle pass comes with extra skins, but they all look like shit anyways. Otherwise it is some double XP level up stuff. But you get some of those by playing normally. I think you get other stuff like small cosmetics? Nothing I'd want. If you like that stuff and want to support the devs then buy it. Personally I'd pay money to remove those gaudy skins from the game, so I'll pass. :p

This is the first time I ever purchased a Battlepass of any sort. And why? I really actually enjoy this game.
I’m under level 40, and normally play with a group of 155’s. And what’s funny is, the game is pretty balanced. I often win matches or am usually in the top 3. And 99% of the time the people are much higher levels than me. But that’s because they have more time invested than I do.

but my point is, the “better” weapons and options are available at the higher levels, but they do not make much of a difference in my experience when I can win with 1/3 of their available setups.

This is the first time I ever purchased a Battlepass of any sort. And why? I really actually enjoy this game.
I’m under level 40, and normally play with a group of 155’s. And what’s funny is, the game is pretty balanced. I often win matches or am usually in the top 3. And 99% of the time the people are much higher levels than me. But that’s because they have more time invested than I do.

but my point is, the “better” weapons and options are available at the higher levels, but they do not make much of a difference in my experience when I can win with 1/3 of their available setups.

Yah totally. I’m a level 62, I think. And I can easily dominate level 155 players with ease.

It’s more a time invested thing vs skill level. You’ll eventually level up and theoretically get better with time but being a level 155 doesn’t mean you are good

Back