Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

I keep mics unmuted and mute certain people on a case by case basis. There’s some communication going on and many times it’s helpful. It’s no R6 Siege, but it’s comparable to the latest Battlefield games.

I think it's due to the high blend of console players too. Within the first day or two of release, it' was already common to not have decent communication in game amongst team mates.

2v2 communication is good though. I very rarely get teamed up with a player not using his or her mic.

Is there any website that lists each weapon unlock per level? Not sure why the gave only shows you what unlock (insert number) is when you're within 5 levels of unlocking it. Curious about some of the AK and SCAR ammo unlocks. Also wondering when the M4 gets the 9mm variant.

Is there any website that lists each weapon unlock per level? Not sure why the gave only shows you what unlock (insert number) is when you're within 5 levels of unlocking it. Curious about some of the AK and SCAR ammo unlocks. Also wondering when the M4 gets the 9mm variant.

you can start a private match, and go into weapon loadouts and everything is unlocked. So you can see when they unlock. You can also play a private match with just bots to test out attachments. The M4 with 9mm rounds is pretty fun. Also the FAL with burst shot perk is great.

140 Gigs and counting I think this is the biggest game I ever had installed. Gears of War 4 came pretty close to this I mean if it hits 175 Gigs like they said.
You could fit like 5 of these on a 1TB SSD or one game on a 246 Gig SSD.

140 Gigs and counting I think this is the biggest game I ever had installed. Gears of War 4 came pretty close to this I mean if it hits 175 Gigs like they said.
You could fit like 5 of these on a 1TB SSD or one game on a 246 Gig SSD.

started it last night - only interested in SP. graphically, amazing. gameplay, best COD SP i can remember - wish they could just make long SP games and ditch the shyt multiplayer.

So you all enjoying the campaign then? Generally don’t care too much about em in COD games.

Haven't even tried it yet. Having a fucking blast in MP.

Sort of the same here - I played a few of the SP missions right at release but since then I haven’t been able to peel myself away from MP.

Sort of the same here - I played a few of the SP missions right at release but since then I haven’t been able to peel myself away from MP.

You playing gunfight at all? What a great way to calm the pace from regular modes, all the while keeping the adrenaline edge of your seat thrill.

There is or was a tournament for gunfight, can't find where to sign up for it.

You playing gunfight at all? What a great way to calm the pace from regular modes, all the while keeping the adrenaline edge of your seat thrill.

There is or was a tournament for gunfight, can't find where to sign up for it.

I played it quite a bit to complete the mission for the blueprint, but other than that i only play it every now and then when I feel like changing up the pace.

After playing BF4 (first time in around 6 weeks) I can immediately feel the difference. MW feels like an amateur project in comparison. The hit registration (detection, whatever technical term you'd like to use) is awful in comparison. Truthfully BF4 took a while to really fine tune, but in general when you die you can see the enemy, your shots miss and see them aiming and starting to shoot before you die.

In this game, half the time you die it is just an instant death. No visible reaction time from the enemy, no shots fired, no misses. You'll see a body sitting there but there is no movement, muzzle flash, smoke or sound. Just instantly zapping you with an instant kill. Misses are occasionally similar. Not sure if this is a combination of actual hit registration/lag issues and animations that play poorly or improperly.

Never played an MP shooter where you get instantly killed with no visual/audio reaction from opposing players at such a high rate before. Lots of games have issues implementing a sensible recoil system (Insurgency Sandstorm) but practically ever game has been better than MW from the technical aspect. Which is too bad, because it can be fun. But technical issues are just dragging the game down.

^ If I had to take a guess is probably because of low tickrate servers. I remember seeing a graph floating around about the beta tickrate being set at 24 hz. I haven't seen anything regarding servers now that it came out.

BF servers being set at 60 does help a ton with hit registration.

^ If I had to take a guess is probably because of low tickrate servers. I remember seeing a graph floating around about the beta tickrate being set at 24 hz. I haven't seen anything regarding servers now that it came out.

BF servers being set at 60 does help a ton with hit registration.

Not all BF servers are at 60, but most are typically 30-60.

Can't find much on MW tick rate but this article claims 12:
https://dotesports.com/call-of-duty...ets-created-weapon-fire-rate-server-tick-rate

Article is over a month old. But may explain the issue above. I'm going to assume random match making doesn't help. In general servers seem to be low in ping, but I assume a proper server browser would better allow you to pick and choose ones that you seem to consistently get good luck with.

I posted a video analysis of the network performance in the beta earlier in the thread. It was worse than Black Ops IIII, and the problem is exacerbated by the packets being sent exceeding the MTU size.

Here's an updated one for the November 2019 retail version. All game modes are actually running 64 Hz except Ground War, which is 24 Hz. Packet splitting is still a problem in all game modes, though.

Last edited:
Didn't know you could screw an oil filter onto a pistol to silence it.

After posting my last post, I played this game again (same settings, same weapon setups) yesterday and tonight. What a world of difference. If I died, I felt each bullet impact. I could see enemies. Other players missed. I did much better, was getting many positive KDRs around 2.5:1 or so. Some others I was doing 1:1. But if I missed I could see it. Sometimes I'd hit once, my other shots would miss, and the other player would get on target and take me out. And I'd see it.

There absolutely are some issues with the servers. Seems like they range from being very good to terrible. I recall it being awful at launch, then getting better. Took a break and it went downhill again. But the past two days it seems like the "insta-kill without seeing the enemy react" is resolved... for now. If they can keep this quality up the game can be pretty fun.

Didn't one of FPSRussia (Kyle)'s cohorts get snipped after that video came out?

I think a MagLite also works.

No idea about that, but I remember when that guy was so popular that he was featured in an official trailer for a CoD game. Think it was Black Ops or Black Ops 2. Apparently he went to prison and his entire collection worth $400,000 was confiscated and destroyed. His videos got old anyways, but sad to know. TLDR: He was making money from explosions without a permit which is illegal, did marijuana, and one of his firearms he sent for a custom paint job filled in the serial number which is another federal crime.

After posting my last post, I played this game again (same settings, same weapon setups) yesterday and tonight. What a world of difference. If I died, I felt each bullet impact. I could see enemies. Other players missed. I did much better, was getting many positive KDRs around 2.5:1 or so. Some others I was doing 1:1. But if I missed I could see it. Sometimes I'd hit once, my other shots would miss, and the other player would get on target and take me out. And I'd see it.

There absolutely are some issues with the servers. Seems like they range from being very good to terrible. I recall it being awful at launch, then getting better. Took a break and it went downhill again. But the past two days it seems like the "insta-kill without seeing the enemy react" is resolved... for now. If they can keep this quality up the game can be pretty fun.

No idea about that, but I remember when that guy was so popular that he was featured in an official trailer for a CoD game. Think it was Black Ops or Black Ops 2. Apparently he went to prison and his entire collection worth $400,000 was confiscated and destroyed. His videos got old anyways, but sad to know. TLDR: He was making money from explosions without a permit which is illegal, did marijuana, and one of his firearms he sent for a custom paint job filled in the serial number which is another federal crime.
"Did marijuana"

Reactions: w35t
like this
Last night I did alright. Played about 15 rounds. Won about half of them. And each round was close. Within just a few points of each other. That I'm OK with. The losing by more than half with a .3 KD sucks. I was getting that all the time.

Thing I always end up doing to is get decent with a certain gun fit, then change to something else to level up. Just can't stick with one setup it seems.

I wish they hadn't removed Gun Game. That was my favorite.

Oh, this whole battlepass thing. I'm on like level 7. Do I just keep leveling that up for the season, then at the end it unlocks it all?

Last night I did alright. Played about 15 rounds. Won about half of them. And each round was close. Within just a few points of each other. That I'm OK with. The losing by more than half with a .3 KD sucks. I was getting that all the time.

Thing I always end up doing to is get decent with a certain gun fit, then change to something else to level up. Just can't stick with one setup it seems.

I wish they hadn't removed Gun Game. That was my favorite.

Oh, this whole battlepass thing. I'm on like level 7. Do I just keep leveling that up for the season, then at the end it unlocks it all?

for the seasonal rewards things unlock as you go.

The countdown is on the battlepass tab. Ends sometime towards the end of January.

The countdown is on the battlepass tab. Ends sometime towards the end of January.
So we just keep leveling as much as we can, then it unlocks at the end of the countdown? Because it still shows the little lock icon on the things I've leveled to.

So we just keep leveling as much as we can, then it unlocks at the end of the countdown? Because it still shows the little lock icon on the things I've leveled to.

ah this is where monetization comes in. Only some of the rewards are free, the rest will only unlock if you’ve bought the season 1 battlepass. The free rewards are marked with a green box on top that says ‘Free’. I preordered the Deluxe edition (monetization, again) which came with 1100 COD points which I used to buy the season 1 battlepass. Now that I’m in the door, I just have to play enough to unlock enough COD points (which are season rewards) to buy the next battlepass.

ah this is where monetization comes in. Only some of the rewards are free, the rest will only unlock if you’ve bought the season 1 battlepass. The free rewards are marked with a green box on top that says ‘Free’. I preordered the Deluxe edition (monetization, again) which came with 1100 COD points which I used to buy the season 1 battlepass. Now that I’m in the door, I just have to play enough to unlock enough COD points (which are season rewards) to buy the next battlepass.
Ah ha. Well. That's just bullshit. Scrolling through, I didn't see anything really worth it anyways.

Ah ha. Well. That's just bullshit. Scrolling through, I didn't see anything really worth it anyways.

Well two new guns are free - the Holger 26 (MG36 that can be turned into a G36C with unlocks), and the RAM-7. The Holger (G36C) is my new favorite AR. The RAM-7 is pretty boring though.

I've been on the PP19 kick lately. Got that thing dialed in pretty well.

I probably should just start trolling people and use the 725. heh

Well two new guns are free - the Holger 26 (MG36 that can be turned into a G36C with unlocks), and the RAM-7. The Holger (G36C) is my new favorite AR. The RAM-7 is pretty boring though.

Getting the last one must be pretty hard. I am halfway through apparently. But if the servers start to go downhill again, I will wait another 1-2 weeks to see if they sort it out. But seems like you'd need a good few hours each day to get the last free weapon. Yeah, it is "free" but the game isn't super huge on content in the first place. Just give it to us.

One thing I don't like though is that when you use a different caliber that counts as an attachment. So if you switch your AR to 9mm or AK to an AK-74, you in effect only get 4 attachments. Not too sure why those would count as an attachment from a gameplay perspective because it doesn't really break the balance. The AR/M4 with 9mm is okay but without that last attachment the MP5 or MP7 seems better.

Purchased the game on sale last week for 39.99 from blizzard. After up-teen crashes with the lame ass Dev 6068 error, I just got a refund. So many thread posts on all the PC game crash issues. How u guys playing it? My rig can run the game and fixes like dialing back visuals, turning off ray tracing to down clocking your video card....Seems like a waste just to play the game.....

Purchased the game on sale last week for 39.99 from blizzard. After up-teen crashes with the lame ass Dev 6068 error, I just got a refund. So many thread posts on all the PC game crash issues. How u guys playing it? My rig can run the game and fixes like dialing back visuals, turning off ray tracing to down clocking your video card....Seems like a waste just to play the game.....
3600 and a 1060. Think I have graphics maxed out. I've never had a single crash. /shrug

My setup is similar to yours and haven't had any issues. Only thing is I don't overclock.

Back