Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

So, hows the update with the claymore nerf? Any better? Still deciding if installing this game is worth the 129GB of space while I try to finish Outer Worlds
I'm having fun before the patch. Sure, I have awful games where I just get shot out of nowhere leaving me at a .05 K/D ratio. It gets annoying, but I take the good with the bad.

I wonder if the Krovnik Farmland map was in the pipeline?
I bet it's cool looking

12.00+ gig update

Was having a great time with the campaign, seems that dev error 6328 is now preventing my rig from firing up the cinematic before the Hometown stage. Rest of the game is playable but it refuses to load the next level.

Anyone know what 6328 means specifically?

Back to The Outer Worlds for now.

Um WTF did they do?

Ground war.. The only mode I play, is now constantly forcing me to pick a class any time I die, then it bugs out where it doesnt pick up my mouse movement, like left right up down, but clicks, and regular movement work..

And the gun sounds are totally fucked. Unless the sickness I have is affecting my hearing, but now my KAR class sounds like a damn .22 now.. :(

today's patch f'd up the missions for me. they won't track and they keep automatically deselecting. it's a known problem but still a bummer. also the reticle unlock for the halo sight is bugged for me as well. it won't unlock even though i have the required kills. small annoyances i suppose.

I was hoping the patch today would fix this but it’s still messed up. The reticle thing sorted itself out but the missions are still bugged, and now the officer progression is too. A bit annoying since I like the grind of unlocking things and completing challenges.

So these challenges are pooched, eh? I've been on Get 35 kills with an LMG now for five rounds. Not a single kill has registered.

Oh, there it goes. Even after restarting the game, it wasn't registering. Now 30m later it shows them.

Same issue here. It’s random. Sometimes they register (after a long lag time) and sometimes they don’t. They need to fix their shit.

I hardly see anyone using the 725 but it's all I hear about in the forums. Unlocked it today and had to see what all the fun was about.

It was a fun gun. :) I play hardcore though so it doesn't take much to die with most guns.

I hardly see anyone using the 725 but it's all I hear about in the forums. Unlocked it today and had to see what all the fun was about.

It was a fun gun. :) I play hardcore though so it doesn't take much to die with most guns.

On SC, it's a long range, wide range, quick loading, quick shootingm insta kill.

On the other hand, I tried the Kar, and despite saying it has a high dps, unless you headshot, it takes two shots, and takes forever per shot.

Oh, and claymores have become all but useless now. On multiple occasions, enemies have literally been standing on them, and they don't go off.

Last edited:
Was told to try the game out, pretty underwhelming game. OTT TTK, no recoil or ballistic characteristics, limited vehicle play and no destroyable environment. Seems very outdated for a "Modern" game

Tried out the MP7. Just a stripped gun with a laser. No optics. I'm completely addicted to the run and gun playstyle. I bomb all over the map kicking doors in and blasting away. Granted, I generally have the highest death count in the game, but my kills are up there too. I use smoke grenades then blaze through them surprising people on the other side. So much fun.

I may try the knife for a bit too. People seem to have decent luck with that.

Same issue here. It’s random. Sometimes they register (after a long lag time) and sometimes they don’t. They need to fix their shit.

hallelujah. today’s patch has fixed the issue with missions and challenges.

Played about 6-7 rounds of Battlegrounds I'm still only like level 18 you have to be really smart when you play you can't rush the map every spot seems to be a hot spot.
This game complex then Battlefield because the killstreaks can offset a game.

No idea what happened, but I lost it all. I can't get a single kill anymore. I played for 3h last night and got, I think, two kills. I mean, I was totally rocking the Uzi and MP7. Full on run and gun, kicking in doors and killing everything. Now, I get cut down the moment I move anywhere. Frustrating.

Yeah people are just playing really smart and some people are hogging all the kills.

Yeah people are just playing really smart and some people are hogging all the kills.
Its not even that though.

My average is about 30 deaths per round. The game I just played was 47 deaths on Headquarter. Its nuts. Even if I get the jump on someone, I'm a goner. I can start firing, get half way through a mag, and I'm dead. Kill screen shows that I only popped off two or three shots. Now a decent round is getting two kills for me. I was doing pretty well last week. So much so that I swapped out a three killstreak mod to a seven.

Iunno. Getting to the point I really don't want to do this anymore. I've always sucked at MP-FPS. Probably go back to an RPG game of some sort. I really want to get better at this, but I don't think I can compete with 13 year olds hopped up on Adarall and Mt Dew. heh

No idea what happened, but I lost it all. I can't get a single kill anymore. I played for 3h last night and got, I think, two kills. I mean, I was totally rocking the Uzi and MP7. Full on run and gun, kicking in doors and killing everything. Now, I get cut down the moment I move anywhere. Frustrating.

In my experience the game is very temperamental. Sometimes you seen an elbow peak around the corner and are instantly killed. Absolutely impossible and unnatural reaction times and their weapon is physically blocked by a barrier. Even their line of sight. Obviously there is something with lag, match making or world model positioning that makes these discrepancies.

Some matches are far better than others. Even when I do poorly when the game is "working properly", I see the enemies, I see my shots miss, or see that I only get one hit in their leg before they take me down. A massive difference from the insta-kill by an elbow. I have a lot of positive games, then a few where I do bad but can see I am doing bad. But it seems to be 40% are good games, 40% are insta-elbow killed games and 20% are me just doing poorly but everything seems fine from a technical perspective.

I haven't played in a few days so I'm not sure if a recent patch or server work is screwing something up though.

Alot of people people have better ping than me that is for sure. When I get the jump on another player I really need to prefire.

I float around 80ms. I mean, I'm playing from the mountains with limited coverage. We only have one ISP and I couldn't tell you what my speeds are. Not sure if that would have any effect?

What I am reading about now is SBMM. Starting to make sense. I have a decent few days then all of a sudden I'm getting cut down instantly.

Its not even that though.

My average is about 30 deaths per round. The game I just played was 47 deaths on Headquarter. Its nuts. Even if I get the jump on someone, I'm a goner. I can start firing, get half way through a mag, and I'm dead. Kill screen shows that I only popped off two or three shots. Now a decent round is getting two kills for me. I was doing pretty well last week. So much so that I swapped out a three killstreak mod to a seven.

Iunno. Getting to the point I really don't want to do this anymore. I've always sucked at MP-FPS. Probably go back to an RPG game of some sort. I really want to get better at this, but I don't think I can compete with 13 year olds hopped up on Adarall and Mt Dew. heh

In my experience the game is very temperamental. Sometimes you seen an elbow peak around the corner and are instantly killed. Absolutely impossible and unnatural reaction times and their weapon is physically blocked by a barrier. Even their line of sight. Obviously there is something with lag, match making or world model positioning that makes these discrepancies.

Some matches are far better than others. Even when I do poorly when the game is "working properly", I see the enemies, I see my shots miss, or see that I only get one hit in their leg before they take me down. A massive difference from the insta-kill by an elbow. I have a lot of positive games, then a few where I do bad but can see I am doing bad. But it seems to be 40% are good games, 40% are insta-elbow killed games and 20% are me just doing poorly but everything seems fine from a technical perspective.

I haven't played in a few days so I'm not sure if a recent patch or server work is screwing something up though.

I’ve experienced the same things as Flogger, at times. Game is still fun though. Westwood, I’ve been breaking up the frantic FPS action with playing RDR2 and it’s a nice change of pace. Something to consider.

I’ve experienced the same things as Flogger, at times. Game is still fun though. Westwood, I’ve been breaking up the frantic FPS action with playing RDR2 and it’s a nice change of pace. Something to consider.
I wanted to give RDR2, but I only have a 1060 6gb. From what I understand, I'll manage something like 25fps. heh

Played for another hour. I've about had it. I don't know what happened. Last week I was doing fine. Some wins. Some losses. Some times I came out on top. Now, I'm bottom of both teams. I get cut down instantly. I barely get a single kill now. The moment I go to fire, I'm killed. Either by the person I'm aiming at, or some dude in a window 3000 yds out. I don't live for longer than 20 seconds.

I float around 80ms. I mean, I'm playing from the mountains with limited coverage. We only have one ISP and I couldn't tell you what my speeds are. Not sure if that would have any effect?

And 80ms ping is pretty bad for a FPS; that essentially means that, as far as the server is concerned, everything you do is on a 4-5 frame delay. So from your perspective, you shoot first, but as far as the server is concerned, you died before firing a shot. This is especially notable in CoD, given it has a very low time-to-kill even by FPS standards.

I don't know what happened. Last week I was doing fine.
It's called SBMM. (skill based match making). Google for "call of duty sbmm" if you want to read articles on how it works. Many multiplayer games have some sort of sbmm built in, though the implementation tends to vary from game to game.

Anyone else having issues with launching the game if added to Steam as a non steam game?

fdsafdasfdas.png

Exactly how bad is this? I started off doing ok. Now its just sodomy every round.

View attachment 200143

Exactly how bad is this? I started off doing ok. Now its just sodomy every round.

I’m pretty sure my stats are around the same - ~1.0 kill/death ratio (I bet I’m slightly under) and ~1.0 win/loss ratio (I think yours is higher than mine). I haven’t checked the stats page in a while because I just don’t care all that much. Some rounds I kill some people and it’s fun, some rounds I get destroyed and get a bit annoyed. I always play the objective though so I’m always contributing. On the whole I’m having fun with the game.

I'm not really having much fun though. I'm just focused on trying to have a decent score and just keep getting curb stomped. Its almost like work. I won't be here much longer. FPS games just aren't my thing it seems. I really wish I'd like them, I just can't get them to stick.

Back