Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

I NEED HELP

I bought Modern Warfare on Sunday and played all day and play a few games monday as well. I had some small lag issues but game played ok and looked great. I was running on 1080p which I have no problem at all when running Apex or fornite.

Yesterday I attempted to play and every game I got into would lag like crazy and eventually throw me back in a lobby or crash the entire game. Sometimes I just get completely kicked off my wifi aswell. I dropped all of my settings and nothing has helped at all(nothing running in the background). As far as I understand I should have no issues running this with my PC specs(listed below). One thing I have considered is my internet. My wifi is 200Mbs which is ok but I am using a cheap NETGEAR a6100 adapter on my PC and am wondering if this is the issue. Can someone please point me in the right direction for a fix because I NEED to play some COD.

PC specs:

GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB SC Gaming ACS 3.0 Video card

i5-4590 3.3 GHz Quad Core

Balistix sport 16gb RAM

Transcend- 480 GB 2.5" SSD

PS:I do have enough empty space on my drive(175gb)
When someone says "I NEED HELP" it makes me NOT want to help that person.

When someone says "I NEED HELP" it makes me NOT want to help that person.
upload_2019-10-30_17-36-42.png

Call of Duty®_ Modern Warfare® 10_31_2019 9_01_29 AM.png
Call of Duty®_ Modern Warfare® 10_31_2019 9_31_42 AM.png

Call of Duty®_ Modern Warfare® 10_31_2019 9_08_35 AM.png

Call of Duty®_ Modern Warfare® 10_31_2019 9_08_23 AM.png

Game is awesome but only two maps for Ground War it seems I have no idea why nobody takes the Tanks at the Homebase. I did really good in a Tank and got 1st place but 15 minutes later I was 2nd to the bottom. The action in this game is so fast situational awareness is an understatement.

Yeah that happens to me as well because people just go out and try to
get the highest K/D ratio. Sometimes I spawn in a really stupid spot and I have no
idea how to get out of the building. I haven't played a sniper yet seems really popular.

The last patch really helped with the hole lag/awkward "death around the corner" issues. And I was able to finish the campaign. Game is certainly palatable now. MP just doesn't quite go as far as it could've but is okay. SP is just lame, big down grade from Infinite Warfare.

I definitely notice that games with a lot of console gamers result in more instant head shots around the corner. There are a number of auto aim options in the menu (for controllers only) which doesn't seem bad, but when you round a corner you typically know the height level of players so it wouldn't amaze me if the auto aim helps get that near instant kill that much more easily as it locks onto the head. In a game with PC players even if I do poorly, it is more due to them shooting me from a place I don't see or just bad luck / a bad round.

Grenade physics are so awkward and practically shoot out like a grenade launcher and bounce like rubber balls which I am not a fan of. Lots of small things like that annoy me but at least they've fixed it up to the point it is playable.

I think the SP campaign is one of if not the best in the series. Infinite Warfare was actually good there, but the ending screwed it up with forced deaths and a sad ending that you just couldn't be invested in or care about due to the short length of the campaign.

Swapped from the M4 to the AUG. First in score three games in a row. wow. That's never happened...in my life.

I think the SP campaign is one of if not the best in the series. Infinite Warfare was actually good there, but the ending screwed it up with forced deaths and a sad ending that you just couldn't be invested in or care about due to the short length of the campaign.
Don't know about you but I shed a tear when the robot sacrificed his life at the end =(.

Don't know about you but I shed a tear when the robot sacrificed his life at the end =(.

He's the only character you can even remotely give a crap about and even then, the game's too short to be all that invested in it.

He's the only character you can even remotely give a crap about and even then, the game's too short to be all that invested in it.

But compared to the people in this game it was a huge step up. And the story, while basic, was coherent. This game made no sense. Essentially maps just loosely strung together. There was more emotion watching your ship go down in infinite warfare than there was for everything in MW combined. Largely because nothing made sense in the story in MW.

- Why were the Russians invading a random country?

- Why were they all evil rapists who attack children for no purpose?

- How did this supposedly rogue general get away with what he was doing?

- The SJW pandering. All the males take orders from females, and all males are weak willed. See not a Kurdish girl vs her weak willed not a Kurdish brother and how everyone falls her for no logical reason.

- What was the role of the US? UK? Aside from the few characters the made no sense in terms of the conflict with Russia, the occupation and the terrorists. This is never explained aside from a way to shoehorn in Captain Price who wasn't even a good character anyways.

- Why did Captain GI Joe decide to sacrifice himself at the end? It made zero sense.

- Why did the terrorists attack the UK? Because the UK had entered the conflict earlier without any explained reason?

Pretty much, the whole story was a mess. Even for a Call of Duty game. Infinite Warfare didn't break new ground but it had a plot from the start and stuck with it to the end.

FYI you can start a private match with bots and have access to all weapons and attachments. It’s a good way to test out weapons before you spend hours leveling them up. I played around today with a burst-fire FAL and some slug shotguns.

max settings with rtx on. I guess the game looks better in single player? this is impressive looking

max settings with rtx on. I guess the game looks better in single player? this is impressive looking

It does. The single player campaign with RTX on looks amazing. Watching the game on a Youtube video doesn't do it justice. It's definitely best experienced on your own monitor.

Trying to finish the campaign now and got this shit on the Russia level right after threatening the Butcher with his wife and kid.

CoD Disk Read Error.png

Did it every time I try to resume the campaign. Scanned the game for repair in the Battlenet launcher and it didn't find anything wrong, then I launched the game and it froze. Launched it again and it gave me this now:

CoD Dev Error.png

This is on my Intel 2 TB NVME drive that's not even 1/3 of the way full. Not OC'd on anything, just updated GPU drivers again as there was another update a few days ago. Anyone else playing on the 10/29 (441.08) drivers?

Shit like this is why I like my consoles sometimes. They're not immune either, but I can't remember the last time my PS4 or Switch crashed on me or flat out wouldn't let me play a game.

Edit: Googling around and might have fixed it; disable in-game overlays in any apps that you have like Geforce Experience and Discord. Apparently these may have been what's causing the cutscene skipping for some as well. I just got the game to load at least with them disabled. Hopefully no more crashing then.

Edit 2: God damnit.. crashed again with that first disk read error. Fuck this, I'm playing my Switch tonight or something.

Last edited:
Trying to finish the campaign now and got this shit on the Russia level right after threatening the Butcher with his wife and kid.

View attachment 196810

Did it every time I try to resume the campaign. Scanned the game for repair in the Battlenet launcher and it didn't find anything wrong, then I launched the game and it froze. Launched it again and it gave me this now:

View attachment 196813

This is on my Intel 2 TB NVME drive that's not even 1/3 of the way full. Not OC'd on anything, just updated GPU drivers again as there was another update a few days ago. Anyone else playing on the 10/29 (441.08) drivers?

Shit like this is why I like my consoles sometimes. They're not immune either, but I can't remember the last time my PS4 or Switch crashed on me or flat out wouldn't let me play a game.

Edit: Googling around and might have fixed it; disable in-game overlays in any apps that you have like Geforce Experience and Discord. Apparently these may have been what's causing the cutscene skipping for some as well. I just got the game to load at least with them disabled. Hopefully no more crashing then.

Edit 2: God damnit.. crashed again with that first disk read error. Fuck this, I'm playing my Switch tonight or something.
I was getting this same shit. I had to turn off my OCing tool.

I was getting this same shit. I had to turn off my OCing tool.

For your GPU? I have Precision X1 installed for my 2080, but I have everything set to default settings so no OC. I don't see it running in my task manager or in services either. I have Ryzen Master installed too, but that's not running either and I'm not running any CPU OC, only RAM which is rated at 3200 MHz, but is running at 3133.... *double checks in Ryzen Master and CPU-Z*... dafuq now I see my RAM is only running at 2166 MHz too. Ugh.. my PC just really hates me tonight apparently.

Edit: Ok, very weird.. all my settings were still in place to run 3133 MHz, but it was only running at 2166 still.. stepped it down to 3066 and rebooted, confirmed it was running at 3066, then set it back to 3133 and rebooted and it's back to running at 3133 like it should be.

Now back onto the game I guess.

Edit 2: Can't find much other help on this searching around other than seeing a bunch of people have it too. Seems I'm going to have to blow part or all of the game away and redownload it overnight. Saw one post say this is happening to people who pause the download multiple times, which I did once or twice, then had my breaker trip at one point too so that could have caused a corrupt download, but the damn client should detect that at least if that's the case and fix it. I don't see any "*.ff" files in the game directory, and there's one file with "estate" in it, which I just deleted to see if the Battlenet client would detect and redownload, which it didn't, lol. Wonder how much of the game can be missing now before the client knows to repair/redownload it.

Last edited:
Ive had that issue since they pushed the 7gb update. My fix, has been to rolled back to nvidia drivers 440.97, and in game turn my render resolution down to 90%, then reload shaders.

OK, now I feel really dumb. Didn't realize you have to manually select the missions in order to complete them.

Damn every week another 7.0+ gig patch is downloading pretty soon this game is going to be 200 gigs after all the DLC is released.

Damn every week another 7.0+ gig patch is downloading pretty soon this game is going to be 200 gigs after all the DLC is released.

That's not quite how it works. Patches tend to overwrite more files than they add. Sure, the files do sometimes grow in size, but this isn't usually the case unless there is additional content in the update.

I don’t mind the large updates. At least I know they’re working on the game. This last one did add a couple more game modes. Haven’t played enough to notice much of anything else yet.

whats it cost? and is it worth buying if some of the older cods board me to death after a bit? i admit i did enjoy mw2 or was it 1 that was so popular back in the day?

Where did Realism mode go? Looks like they removed it?

I figured out how to toggle Hardcore mode but it isn't the same. The interface can be fairly crappy at times.

Where did Realism mode go? Looks like they removed it?

I figured out how to toggle Hardcore mode but it isn't the same. The interface can be fairly crappy at times.

I’m not 100% sure but I think that’s part of their model for this game - game modes rotate in and out of availability.

I’m not 100% sure but I think that’s part of their model for this game - game modes rotate in and out of availability.

Hopefully not, because if so that is the dumbest idea I've ever heard of.

The list of current game modes takes up about 10% of the screen. Not sure why they think removing modes would be helpful. Just put all of them up so we can select what we want. How hard can it be?

Last edited:
Hopefully not, because if so that is the dumbest idea I've ever heard of.

The list of current game modes takes up about 10% of the screen. Not sure why they think removing modes would be helpful. Just put all of them up so we can select what we want. How hard can it be?

Probably to keep all the mods decently populated. Too many mods might spread players to thin across all of them.

Probably to keep all the mods decently populated. Too many mods might spread players to thin across all of them.

That means those modes suck and there are probably too many in the game. Likewise, Realism right now is spread very thin (as in no one is playing) so it doesn't help that goal either. Just a dumb idea all around.

A game really only needs 3-5 modes, and for a military FPS game a realistic/hardcore style more is a must have. Just keep it simple and you won't have junk modes that no one wants to play. The moment you force those junk modes on people is the moment people stop playing. Only modes I had interest in was Realism TDM, Hardcore TDM (works okay) and Warfare. Would've tried a few of the other modes like the gun fight which was okay for a change but I would've spent most my time in the two modes I listed. Take those away and I stop playing.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
today's patch f'd up the missions for me. they won't track and they keep automatically deselecting. it's a known problem but still a bummer. also the reticle unlock for the halo sight is bugged for me as well. it won't unlock even though i have the required kills. small annoyances i suppose.

today's patch f'd up the missions for me. they won't track and they keep automatically deselecting. it's a known problem but still a bummer. also the reticle unlock for the halo sight is bugged for me as well. it won't unlock even though i have the required kills. small annoyances i suppose.

Ha, it actually fixed them for me, They would never stay selected, today logged on and there it was.

I just got this for PS4, but I'm posting in this thread because it's crossplay so suck it :ROFLMAO:

It's crazy how much better this is than any past CoD before it. Like... damn. Played a few rounds of NVG which is fun as hell, and Ground Ops which IMO is a great combination of CoD hectic fast-paced mayhem with Battlefield scale.

are there plans for more ground war maps? didn't like the beta one. but watching gameplay of the map with the skyscrapers looks fun

Man, I don't know how some players do it. The moment I round a corner someone is there with sights on me. Any time a player sees me first, its game over. I don't even have a chance to fire.

Weird thing too is, if I do fire, I'll knock off like six rounds. On the kill cam, it shows me getting one off. Weird.

are there plans for more ground war maps? didn't like the beta one. but watching gameplay of the map with the skyscrapers looks fun

There was a some maps data mined. Think like 30 maps, were found, and only 1... Was for ground war... :(

They city map is fun, when every single roof top is not filled with snipers camping.

Man, I don't know how some players do it. The moment I round a corner someone is there with sights on me. Any time a player sees me first, its game over. I don't even have a chance to fire.

Weird thing too is, if I do fire, I'll knock off like six rounds. On the kill cam, it shows me getting one off. Weird.

Yep thats the bullshit everyone is experiencing.

Yep thats the bullshit everyone is experiencing.

Yeah you’re not alone on this. I do better if I slow my gameplay down and play like I’m playing a round of R6 Siege. It doesn’t completely eliminate the things you describe but it gives me a fighting chance more often. The problem is if you slow it down too much the round passes you by and you haven’t really helped your team all that much. It’s a fine line between ‘COD spasm rushing’ and ‘tactical uselessness’ :D

Welcome to the world of P2P networking and FPS multiplayer shooters.

Back