Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

I don't get that when I turn HDR on in Windows my display gets rather dark, and it won't let me turn the brightness up.

I'm running the same Aorus AD27QD as mgty23.
Yeah on desktop is darker too. I observed that well. Well i try HDR in other game than Assassin Creed. Maybe will be better.
But that in desktop is weird.

Yeah on desktop is darker too. I observed that well. Well i try HDR in other game than Assassin Creed. Maybe will be better.

I just leave HDR off. Not worried about it.

I don't get that when I turn HDR on in Windows my display gets rather dark, and it won't let me turn the brightness up.

I'm running the same Aorus AD27QD as mgty23.

The AD27QD uses full frame dimming, so it fakes highlights by dimming the entire picture and decreasing perceived contrast so that bright lights "appear" highlighted. People often refer to this as "fake HDR." The panel only reaches a standard monitor max brightness of 350 nits. So it would be better to leave it off on this monitor. If you have a proper HDR monitor like an OLED or LCD with FALD then I would highly recommend turning it on. As I said, it looks amazing on my PG27UQ. Going to see how the OLED looks this weekend, too.

I'm currently having trouble running the game.
I have 32GB Ram, GTX 1070, i5 7600k

If I run the game in anything BUT windowed mode I get shit for FPS it locks at 10FPS. But if I run in Windowed mode it's fine.

All drivers are current and updated and I've restarted etc.

I'm currently having trouble running the game.
I have 32GB Ram, GTX 1070, i5 7600k

If I run the game in anything BUT windowed mode I get shit for FPS it locks at 10FPS. But if I run in Windowed mode it's fine.

All drivers are current and updated and I've restarted etc.
Do you have your refresh rate and framerate cap setup correctly? If you didn't notice there is an "Advanced" option that is attached to the framerate limit option. If you want a FPS cap I would go that route and disable V-Sync.

Campaign is very terrible as well. Everything they learned from Infinite Warfare was thrown out the window. Horrific AI spawning that just keeps running until you move past an invisible line (similar to CoD 2/4). Horrific movement. Friendly NPCs that push you out of cover. No commands, no loadouts. Gets stupid difficulty from this as well as other trial and error instant deaths. Move through a door? Boom, you're dead because there is a scripted instant death if you walk through there because you're supposed to throw a grenade through it but you'd never know until the game kills you once. Enemy machine gun poking through a hole? Can't knock it out with your grenade launcher. Can't throw a grenade over the barricade to take it out. No you have to do exactly what they want, throw smoke and get behind it otherwise your grenades will do zero damage. Very funneled, extremely scripted with zero freedom. Enjoy dying over and over again because the game doesn't communicate how it exactly wants you to do every single action. Move too soon past an invisible area? You're dead, instantly.

To quote PC Gamer from 2010 with their Black Ops review:

PC Gamer said:
Here's an idea, guys: make a fucking film. Get it out of your system, and come back to games when you're ready to give the player even the illusion of control.

Fucking atrocious. You get zero freedom of movement and get penalized by instant death for trying even the minimal amounts of freedom and combat. To top that all off, they have to shove their "woke" SJW narrative into our face. Same gibberish nonsense as previous games story wise, except with that 17 year old fresh out of high school "aspiring journalist" pushing an agenda flair to it.

Easily one of the worst games I've played as of late from an SP perspective. Shaping up to be a good 4/10. The only good part so far is there is no level ups and upgrading.

At this point, I almost wish I just let me ebay bucks expire.

Last edited:
Do you have your refresh rate and framerate cap setup correctly? If you didn't notice there is an "Advanced" option that is attached to the framerate limit option. If you want a FPS cap I would go that route and disable V-Sync.

Yeah I've went through all the options multiple times even resetting to default and setting them back. It seems that if I do anything BESIDES windowed mode it locks at 10FPS and it won't move from that. No matter what I do. Even disabling everything and setting all settings to the lowest possible.

IGN are the good guys?

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/10/25/igns-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-review-plan

You're probably seeing reviews for 2019's Call of Duty iteration pop up right around now, but ours will take a little bit longer. In accordance with IGN policy, we did not send a reviewer to Activision's recent event. That's for three reasons:

1) At an event, you're working with very limited time and tightly controlled conditions. As we've learned the hard way, this is not a good way to experience a multiplayer-focused game, and not necessarily representative of real-world server performance.

2) It's a bad look. Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people believe events are big parties designed to butter up critics and get better reviews. In reality, they're stressful as hell and we always hated doing them, but try telling that to someone convinced you're on the take because you liked a video game they don't.

3) In this particular case, reviews were embargled for 12 hours after public availability for millions of people in New Zealand. As a policy, we never knowingly agree to sit on a review after a game comes out (again, something we've learned the hard way), so that's a non-starter for us.

So, since 6AM Pacific time this morning, our reviewers have been (first downloading the monstrous 175GB installation and then) playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Our goal – should everything go according to plan – is to publish a review of the single-player campaign by the end of the week, followed by a multiplayer review based on the real-world experience on live servers by early next week. Once those are complete, we will publish an overall review.
Campaign is very terrible as well. Everything they learned from Infinite Warfare was thrown out the window. Horrific AI spawning that just keeps running until you move past an invisible line (similar to CoD 2/4). Horrific movement. Friendly NPCs that push you out of cover. No commands, no loadouts. Gets stupid difficulty from this as well as other trial and error instant deaths. Move through a door? Boom, you're dead because there is a scripted instant death if you walk through there because you're supposed to throw a grenade through it but you'd never know until the game kills you once. Enemy machine gun poking through a hole? Can't knock it out with your grenade launcher. Can't throw a grenade over the barricade to take it out. No you have to do exactly what they want, throw smoke and get behind it otherwise your grenades will do zero damage. Very funneled, extremely scripted with zero freedom. Enjoy dying over and over again because the game doesn't communicate how it exactly wants you to do every single action. Move too soon past an invisible area? You're dead, instantly.

To quote PC Gamer from 2010 with their Black Ops review:

Fucking atrocious. You get zero freedom of movement and get penalized by instant death for trying even the minimal amounts of freedom and combat. To top that all off, they have to shove their "woke" SJW narrative into our face. Same gibberish nonsense as previous games story wise, except with that 17 year old fresh out of high school "aspiring journalist" pushing an agenda flair to it.

Easily one of the worst games I've played as of late from an SP perspective. Shaping up to be a good 4/10. The only good part so far is there is no level ups and upgrading.

At this point, I almost wish I just let me ebay bucks expire.
I don't know. Last COD I played immediately prior to this one was Ghosts and there doesn't seem to be all that much more scripting as there was in that. Maybe it's because the individual missions are a lot shorter that it feels that way. With the AI I actually feel like I'm part of a squad so far instead of a lone wolf. You also have to move much more slowly and deliberately than in previous installments, which is actually a nice change of pace.

To top that all off, they have to shove their "woke" SJW narrative into our face. Same gibberish nonsense as previous games story wise, except with that 17 year old fresh out of high school "aspiring journalist" pushing an agenda flair to it.
Why must we see this everywhere today!!!

I don't know. Last COD I played immediately prior to this one was Ghosts and there doesn't seem to be all that much more scripting as there was in that. Maybe it's because the individual missions are a lot shorter that it feels that way. With the AI I actually feel like I'm part of a squad so far instead of a lone wolf. You also have to move much more slowly and deliberately than in previous installments, which is actually a nice change of pace.

This one feels a lot more like 2 and 4. Which doesn't amaze me since it is a MW title. Last thing I did in the game was instantly die 4 times in a row because of a scripted truck crashing into an embassy. You can't damage the enemies even when they are in the vehicle or exiting it. I have no fucking idea when you can start to damage them, but they take you down in 3 shots while you dump magazines into them waiting for the script to allow damage to switch on.

It is that bad. If you had any intention of buying this game for SP, stay far away.

IGN are the good guys?

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/10/25/igns-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-review-plan

You're probably seeing reviews for 2019's Call of Duty iteration pop up right around now, but ours will take a little bit longer. In accordance with IGN policy, we did not send a reviewer to Activision's recent event. That's for three reasons:

1) At an event, you're working with very limited time and tightly controlled conditions. As we've learned the hard way, this is not a good way to experience a multiplayer-focused game, and not necessarily representative of real-world server performance.

2) It's a bad look. Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people believe events are big parties designed to butter up critics and get better reviews. In reality, they're stressful as hell and we always hated doing them, but try telling that to someone convinced you're on the take because you liked a video game they don't.

3) In this particular case, reviews were embargled for 12 hours after public availability for millions of people in New Zealand. As a policy, we never knowingly agree to sit on a review after a game comes out (again, something we've learned the hard way), so that's a non-starter for us.

So, since 6AM Pacific time this morning, our reviewers have been (first downloading the monstrous 175GB installation and then) playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Our goal – should everything go according to plan – is to publish a review of the single-player campaign by the end of the week, followed by a multiplayer review based on the real-world experience on live servers by early next week. Once those are complete, we will publish an overall review.

I dunno why IGN gets so much hate; I find I agree with most (prolly 3/4 or so) of their reviews and since I listen to both of their podcasts (Game Scoop and Beyond) every week, I know these guys are pretty genuine and honest with their reviews. They don't hand out 10s that often and everyone shits on them for giving a game a 7.x despite that still being a "Good" rating and they take it as meaning "average" still when it is not.

Anyways, decided to pick up a couple copies of MW from someone in FS/FT for my son and I to play. Pretty much going in blind since I've only seen a few impressions videos and heard from coworkers about it. Haven't played a CoD since MW3 I think since I got tired of the annual released that dumped all your progress and purchases in previous games. Hopefully it won't take all weekend to download on our crappy 20 Mb connection.

The AD27QD uses full frame dimming, so it fakes highlights by dimming the entire picture and decreasing perceived contrast so that bright lights "appear" highlighted. People often refer to this as "fake HDR." The panel only reaches a standard monitor max brightness of 350 nits. So it would be better to leave it off on this monitor. If you have a proper HDR monitor like an OLED or LCD with FALD then I would highly recommend turning it on. As I said, it looks amazing on my PG27UQ. Going to see how the OLED looks this weekend, too.
So HDR on that Aorus is sux?:)

I didn't think you could make climbing up a latter so difficult. Literately 10 times and I've failed climb it up exactly as the developers intended. Very slow? You die in a fire. Too quick? You climb to the top, and the game ejects you backwards into the fire. Intermediate? Medium speed, fast enough to escape the fire but not fast enough to kill the bad guy who is at the top of the stairs.

What the fuck? You have to time every action down to a very particular fraction of a second. There are boss fights in games easier than climbing up a fucking latter in Modern Shitfare. How the fuck can they make something so straightforward impossible to do?

To make matters worse, the game cannot be completed (campaign). There is another "boss fight", a bomb diffusion mini game. You can cut the wires on "now" but it blows up and kills you anyways. So yes, you cannot even finish the fucking game.

Games like this prove yet again we need strict video game regulation with months of testing and pre-approval by government institutions before they can be cleared for sale. Garbage like this should not be legal for sale much like it is illegal to sell rotten food at the grocery store. Or give people a mandatory 365 day free trial while not having any microtransactions or unlocks in the game so people can thoroughly comb through the game before deciding if it meets minimum standards for sale.

Feel bad for the ebay seller but I'm getting my money back for this. Maybe they can complain to Nvidia to stop sponsoring these illegal enterprises (Infinity Ward & Activision). The only way that will work is to hit the developers personally in their wallet. No pay = no one for the publishers to hire, so we need to put the pressure on the guys (developers) who contribute to these unethical business practices.

This game gets a 0/10 from me. Utterly broke and unplayable while looking like an asshole covered in shit.

Last edited:
I don’t see any reason for “video game regulation” with the exception of connection issues at launch, the vast majority appear to be enjoying the game plenty well enough. In this forum anyway, you appear to be the only one who’s this disappointed/critical. Maybe COD Just isn’t your cup of tea? If you haven’t noticed, I haven’t seen anyone take your critiques seriously. It looks good for everyone else and doesn’t seem to be game breaking broken for anyone else either.

On a further note, your notion of government approval for games is the dumbest thing I’ve heard in this forum ever, and I’ve been here a long time, including back when people said the FX chips would come into their own once Windows was optomozed for them.

I don’t see any reason for “video game regulation” with the exception of connection issues at launch, the vast majority appear to be enjoying the game plenty well enough. In this forum anyway, you appear to be the only one who’s this disappointed/critical. Maybe COD Just isn’t your cup of tea? If you haven’t noticed, I haven’t seen anyone take your critiques seriously. It looks good for everyone else and doesn’t seem to be game breaking broken for anyone else either.

I'd put "being unable to complete" right up there with rotten food or a vehicle that can't drive home from the parking lot. Yeah, non-functional, illegal software is absolutely not my cup of tea.

On a further note, your notion of government approval for games is the dumbest thing I’ve heard in this forum ever, and I’ve been here a long time, including back when people said the FX chips would come into their own once Windows was optomozed for them.

The first part of your post is exactly why we need it. Too many idiots come out in support of these assholes. Have them thrown out of their houses because they can't afford mortgage or rent, then we'll see something change. And gamers as you aptly described are too fucking stupid to not get riled up and issue large charge backs en-mass. I'm doing my part at least. Getting my refund, seller be damned. The more risky it becomes to deal in video games the better.

I'd put "being unable to complete" right up there with rotten food or a vehicle that can't drive home from the parking lot. Yeah, non-functional, illegal software is absolutely not my cup of tea.

The first part of your post is exactly why we need it. Too many idiots come out in support of these assholes. Have them thrown out of their houses because they can't afford mortgage or rent, then we'll see something change. And gamers as you aptly described are too fucking stupid to not get riled up and issue large charge backs en-mass. I'm doing my part at least. Getting my refund, seller be damned. The more risky it becomes to deal in video games the better.

Except one glaring problem with your assertion is that we all have the game here and you're the only snowflake who's melting. Apparently, the rest of us are smart enough to get the game to work and look good. You ever watch a movie that's only funny because of how dumb it is? That's the feeling I get reading your posts, so please... Don't stop.

"Not everyone who tries to kill themselves via gun shot to the head is successful, therefore it isn't fatal" - RamonGTP.

The ass kissing in your posts and your inability to reason is comedy gold.

I want to get angry with you, but i'm having too much fun playing the game that has so deeply wounded you. I cant tell if you're an entitled 17 year old or a grumpy 71 year old. Either way, I'm glad i'm not you. Otherwise I'd be hating life too. Enjoy being mad.

Jesus christ, what do you expect from a COD game? This isnt Metal Gear solid..

If you really bought this solely for the Single player, you should realize, this is Call Of Duty. There hasnt been a good campaign since MW2.....

Jesus christ, what do you expect from a COD game? This isnt Metal Gear solid..

MP isn't balanced, has connection issues and more so all you can do is the campaign at the moment.

If you really bought this solely for the Single player, you should realize, this is Call Of Duty. There hasnt been a good campaign since MW2.....

Infinite Warfare had a decent (not great) campaign that was finished. I assume expecting to be able to complete a game in 2019 is unreasonable judging by Ramon's ass licking. Funny thing is, I doubt he is even being paid by Acitvision-Blizzard to defend the game. If his family ever dies in a car accident due to faulty air bags or defective safety features at least we know not to feel sorry for him, because lemon laws are for suckers. :p

Wow, that is pathetic to do.

At the same time, splitting the free games from the GPUs and selling them separately isn't allowed anyways. I understand the average person but when you're a retailer being provided keys and GPUs then "meh". Maybe they can complain to Nvidia who will drop support for Activision-Blizzard. Little chance to no chance, but I give as much of a shit as Activision-Blizzard do about people who buy their products.

Most players don't mind a minor bug or two on day one.

If you want a perfectly playable play-through of any big budget tripleA title, wait a month before buying it so that the devs can roll out a couple of patches. There is no way to catch every single bug pre-release with how complicated game development has become. No amount of beta testing will be able to compare to millions of people playing the game.

Feel bad for the ebay seller but I'm getting my money back for this
I'm not an expert on financial matters but this sounds like fraud, and might be illegal.

Feel bad for the ebay seller but I'm getting my money back for this. Maybe they can complain to Nvidia to stop sponsoring these illegal enterprises (Infinity Ward & Activision). The only way that will work is to hit the developers personally in their wallet. No pay = no one for the publishers to hire, so we need to put the pressure on the guys (developers) who contribute to these unethical business practices.

Bruh. You can't demand a refund for a gamecode you already redeemed because a kid in the Harrier spawn killed you a bunch of times. That's lunacy. I've begun to suspect that's what this is really all about.

I seriously question the whiners at this point, if you skipped out on the beta ok maybe, but if you were in beta and thought they magically were going to fix the pos in a sprint you're nuts.

I seriously question the whiners at this point, if you skipped out on the beta ok maybe, but if you were in beta and thought they magically were going to fix the pos in a sprint you're nuts.

The problem is it got worse, a lot worse.

I'm not sure what the hell this even means as an example. Is it unlocked? Because there is still a lock icon on it,yet I'm passed the level to unlock it. And the progress bar goes out of the box. Talk about both an unlock and GUI fail in one:

LMScKdJ.jpg

Seems to be hit and miss depending on the camo/item and weapon.

Didn't grab a screen shot of the horrific looking textures and reflections. Some look outright terrible, others outright bugged and checkered. No shortage of textures disappearing depending on where you are looking to. Lots of LOD pop in.

The beta had less issues, and I didn't mind much of them because it was a beta. You'd think checkered reflections, shifting textures on giant crates would be a thing taken care of before release.

Ironically we have some people who changed their tune about anti consumer policies in the game industry when it comes to this game. Makes you realize where they actually stand on certain issues. Why aren't you boycotting this turd, odditory? This turd should never have been pushed out on paying customers, period.

The problem is it got worse, a lot worse.

I'm not sure what the hell this even means as an example. Is it unlocked? Because there is still a lock icon on it,yet I'm passed the level to unlock it. And the progress bar goes out of the box. Talk about both an unlock and GUI fail in one:

View attachment 195372

Seems to be hit and miss depending on the camo/item and weapon.

Didn't grab a screen shot of the horrific looking textures and reflections. Some look outright terrible, others outright bugged and checkered. No shortage of textures disappearing depending on where you are looking to. Lots of LOD pop in.

The beta had less issues, and I didn't mind much of them because it was a beta. You'd think checkered reflections, shifting textures on giant crates would be a thing taken care of before release.

Ironically we have some people who changed their tune about anti consumer policies in the game industry when it comes to this game. Makes you realize where they actually stand on certain issues. Why aren't you boycotting this turd, odditory? This turd should never have been pushed out on paying customers, period.
Sorry but did you pirate a bad copy or something? No one else has all of these issues...

No issues with the game here. Runs great and looks great with RTX enabled. I don't play online so can't comment about that end of the game.

I ended up re-imaging my PC (Needed/Wanted too anyway it's been a few years.) now with a fresh install etc it's running fine. Ground War reminds me of a faster paced BF3/4 and I'm enjoying that.

Looking forward to trying it out. I enjoyed the beta. Besides the one LOUD complainer it seems everyone else is getting what they expected.

Looking forward to trying it out. I enjoyed the beta. Besides the one LOUD complainer it seems everyone else is getting what they expected.

Honestly since the night of release, its improved alot. Im still get the aggravating dev/DX errors. But the game is fun, even the ground war mode, which needs some optimization, is a ball to play. This is the COD Ive wanted since MW2..

Havent checked out the SP, as I normally never play the campaign of any COD. But I hear there are some Cut scene issues. audio sync, and horrible FPS. But they have addressed, that they are working on fixes.

Its just the Typical AAA game release.

Finally i run this game. First mission 85-110+ fps. Thats all highest,RTX ON,1440P.

2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce and 9900K stock.

Graphic is amazing. No stuttering in cutscenes and gameplay,no fps drops,nothing! I am high lol

ps:
Is possible to make mouse movement faster? I have in windows maxed but in game mouse turning slowly a bit.In game options i no found.

Finally i run this game. First mission 85-110+ fps. Thats all highest,RTX ON,1440P.

2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce and 9900K stock.

Graphic is amazing. No stuttering in cutscenes and gameplay,no fps drops,nothing! I am high lol

ps:
Is possible to make mouse movement faster? I have in windows maxed but in game mouse turning slowly a bit.In game options i no found.

There’s a mouse sensitivity option in there.

Hah, yeah, sounds like he's having some of those game-breaking DRM issues that are made to waste your time and annoy you rather than to keep you from playing the game.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but that would require someone to be able to spoof the Nvidia game redemption system & Activision/Blizzard's DRM while allowing someone to download and play online with legitimate players. I've never heard of such a thing and if that is indeed possible, they have some big issues on their hands. Essentially what you're saying is someone out there can generate (mostly) legit working keys and redeem them (mostly) successfully and Activision will foot the bandwidth bill. Do you have proof of this because I'd love to see it. If true maybe I bought one of these "semi cracked" product codes.

What do the numbers in the lower left mean? I checked youtube and other people had them as well, not sure if that means something is out of the ordinary?

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Just your ID for sever basically.

And we need people in the hardcore mode! Not Realistic, but actual hardcore!

If you dont know how, go to filter, when in the filter screen hit R, and you will be on the HC playlist!!

Just your ID for sever basically.

And we need people in the hardcore mode! Not Realistic, but actual hardcore!

If you dont know how, go to filter, when in the filter screen hit R, and you will be on the HC playlist!!

thanks man, it wasn’t very clear how to join HC games. I’m working towards 30 pistol kills right now for one of the challenges and HC sure makes that more enjoyable.

Back