Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Off to play R6 Siege while I wait for the servers to be resuscitated. If anyone gets in, let me know.

All the big wig streamers are.

(n)
AaQYP9zh24UFi.gif

This is lame. Still no signs of life. Even Activisions support site can’t be reached.

yep... can't connect. You'd think they'd have planned for the servers being hammered at launch... wtf did they expect, not exactly their first big launch.

yep... can't connect. You'd think they'd have planned for the servers being hammered at launch... wtf did they expect, not exactly their first big launch.

pinching pennies. It’s all about that extra 0.0003% to the bottom line.

No connection either. Can't even view settings or get to the main menu, so that means SP players are in the same boat.

Wow, got in, found a match, loading screen. DX unrecoverable error.. Game crashed. Now cant connect. ahah

This has to be one of the worst launches. Definitely the worst COD launch ever.

It has been working for a while on my end. But how do you toggle aiming? I see a toggle aim down sight option in the controller menu which I enabled but it is still click to hold?

In the beta it was easy to set.

Got it on my Xbox One X. Will get it tonight on PC too.

Game is too much fucking fun. Best COD ever easily.

can not wait for the Battle Royale mode

It has been working for a while on my end. But how do you toggle aiming? I see a toggle aim down sight option in the controller menu which I enabled but it is still click to hold?

In the beta it was easy to set.

Keyboard and mouse > weapon & equipment > aim down sight behavior

That worked.

For those wondering, the game is still ugly graphics wise. Have not tried RTX, maybe it looks notably better.

you’re crazy. I’m not saying this is the best looking game available at the moment, but it’s pretty damn decent looking. Two questions: have you disabled film grain? Have you properly setup brightness per the game’s recommendations? When it says ‘barely visible’ it means it.

you’re crazy. I’m not saying this is the best looking game available at the moment, but it’s pretty damn decent looking. Two questions: have you disabled film grain? Have you properly setup brightness per the game’s recommendations? When it says ‘barely visible’ it means it.

Yes to the first, not sure on the latter. Regardless, even with playing with brightness there is nothing you can do. The game is just ugly. Insurgency Sandstorm blows it out of the water graphically and that is an indie game.

Hit detection is horrific as well. Ironically the beta was pretty smooth, but this is just broken. Honestly shouldn't have been released in this state. On Realism it can take a good 15 or so shots to down an enemy, but sometimes enemies can down you in one shot to the side (your body isn't fully exposed). Not sure if they intentionally changed the damage mechanics from the beta, but it plays nothing like that. The main issue is the complete inconsistency. Why do some kills take 2-3 hits and others 15 or more? The only way to reliably get a kill on the retail game is to walk up to someone so you can dump half a mag into them. A complete 180 from the beta.

Last edited:
Yes to the first, not sure on the latter. Regardless, even with playing with brightness there is nothing you can do. The game is just ugly. Insurgency Sandstorm blows it out of the water graphically and that is an indie game.

Hit detection is horrific as well. Ironically the beta was pretty smooth, but this is just broken. Honestly shouldn't have been released in this state. On Realism it can take a good 15 or so shots to down an enemy, but sometimes enemies can down you in one shot to the side (your body isn't fully exposed). Not sure if they intentionally changed the damage mechanics from the beta, but it plays nothing like that. The main issue is the complete inconsistency. Why do some kills take 2-3 hits and others 15 or more? The only way to reliably get a kill on the retail game is to walk up to someone so you can dump half a mag into them. A complete 180 from the beta.
maybe its a server problem? the shots are not registering?

any changes to ground war?

I can't even find a match was in the lobby for 5 minutes could because it's 3:00am here.
I'll try next week lol

maybe its a server problem? the shots are not registering?

any changes to ground war?

Haven't tried Ground War. I'll say that this game is definitely amateur hour, which to be honest is what CoD is. The developers don't understand how to take gameplay concepts and make them into something coherent and balanced. For example, the FAL recoils like a. 50BMG yet hits like a .22LR. It sucks in every way possible. Slow reload, low damage, massive recoil, low magazine capacity and a slow rate of fire due to the massive recoil. You can more easily score hits and take down a target with your 9mm pistol than you can with the FAL. What point does it serve? To get killed more easily? They should balance it out with more damage and maybe make the recoil sensible. The other guns pretty much have zero recoil yet this thing flies all over the place even with some attachments to mitigate the recoil. It makes it entirely worthless from a gameplay standpoint. It takes four hits to take down a guy (Realism) but you can dump 10-12 shots from the other weapons and at least 7-8 from the pistol in that amount of time and they'll all be on target whereas the FAL won't after the 2nd shot unless you're at point blank. If you want to snap shoot a guy running past you while inside a door or window it is impossible because you simply can't keep the weapon on target. But other guns practically stay still while you dump the whole mag. How can they fuck up this bad? There are about 18 guns in the game. It isn't exactly oozing with content, yet they cannot understand basic gameplay balancing.

Then you have kill streaks which are so OP and utterly lame. A Harrier that hovers and kills you instantly as you spawn? Dumbest idea ever. How about some skill required? Maybe something that isn't and instant death sentence for people who happen to spawn out in the open. Hell, you can't even not spawn for a second. Need to quickly get up for 60 seconds? Too bad, your character will continue to spawn and get killed because Infinity Ward haven't invented the fucking spawn menu yet.

Map design has too many corridors and no flow which results in too much spawn killing and simply doesn't work with the quick to kill (aside from the FAL) weapons. There isn't a flow of flushing a team out of an area and then anticipating the spawn switch like other TDM games (BF is a good example). The guns pretty much require zero skill and you just hold down the trigger, at least for most of them, so there is no way to pick off guys and push forward. Picking a fight with 3-4 enemies is simply a death sentence because they're turn on their continuous death rays and point around the map eventually making a connection.

Then you have the shitty hit detection, hit boxes, net code, whatever combination of the shit show that CoD MW is. Bullets emit feet to the right or left of an enemy. This even shows in the fucking kill cams.

LoD issues. Pop in on drops just feet away. That bus map? Yeah, fucking textures on the bus disappear depending on how you look at it.

I knew the game was kind of underwhelming, but I assumed they'd fix it for retail. They didn't. What a lazy shit show by the CoD devs. I should've taken the hint from their lazy, phoned in campaign modes that they couldn't even attempt the complexity of an MP game.

I have not played multiplayer yet, but have to agree with Porter_ that this is a damn fine looking game. HDR implementation here is the best I've seen on a PC game yet. Everybody has been praising Gears 5 for its HDR implementation, but this blows it out of the water. Make sure you calibrate the game's HDR settings. On my PG27UQ with reference white set to 100 I left brightness at 1.00, but tuned the two calibration settings to 0.07 and 0.74 respectively.

The ray tracing also looks pretty damned good while not hitting the performance much like in other games. I'm running the game at 4K with 100% resolution scaling (render resolution == output resolution) and didn't notice any framerate issues whatsoever through the first 4 missions in single player.

It runs smooth as silk with all graphics options turned to their highest settings in the menus including ray tracing. Make sure you turn off both types of motion blur and turn off film grain, and I would also run with one of the SMAA antialiasing modes (no choice if you turn ray tracing on). Only issue I've run into are the pre-rendered cutscenes hitch like crazy. Maybe because of the loading happening in the background? Also, why the hell are we still doing pre-rendered cutscenes in 2019 when the engine looks better than that? Just a tip for anyone else: I had to force installation of the shaders in the options menu even though it appeared that the installation finished the first time.

Game is butter smooth for me. Excellent game mechanics, just like COD should have. Thoroughly enjoying multiplayer so far. I might stream the campaign after work.

I did suck that it took 2 hours of playing "retry" last night to get in. It is what it is I guess. Hopefully it won't be so bad going forward.

Haven't tried Ground War. I'll say that this game is definitely amateur hour, which to be honest is what CoD is. The developers don't understand how to take gameplay concepts and make them into something coherent and balanced. For example, the FAL recoils like a. 50BMG yet hits like a .22LR. It sucks in every way possible. Slow reload, low damage, massive recoil, low magazine capacity and a slow rate of fire due to the massive recoil. You can more easily score hits and take down a target with your 9mm pistol than you can with the FAL. What point does it serve? To get killed more easily? They should balance it out with more damage and maybe make the recoil sensible. The other guns pretty much have zero recoil yet this thing flies all over the place even with some attachments to mitigate the recoil. It makes it entirely worthless from a gameplay standpoint. It takes four hits to take down a guy (Realism) but you can dump 10-12 shots from the other weapons and at least 7-8 from the pistol in that amount of time and they'll all be on target whereas the FAL won't after the 2nd shot unless you're at point blank. If you want to snap shoot a guy running past you while inside a door or window it is impossible because you simply can't keep the weapon on target. But other guns practically stay still while you dump the whole mag. How can they fuck up this bad? There are about 18 guns in the game. It isn't exactly oozing with content, yet they cannot understand basic gameplay balancing.

Then you have kill streaks which are so OP and utterly lame. A Harrier that hovers and kills you instantly as you spawn? Dumbest idea ever. How about some skill required? Maybe something that isn't and instant death sentence for people who happen to spawn out in the open. Hell, you can't even not spawn for a second. Need to quickly get up for 60 seconds? Too bad, your character will continue to spawn and get killed because Infinity Ward haven't invented the fucking spawn menu yet.

Map design has too many corridors and no flow which results in too much spawn killing and simply doesn't work with the quick to kill (aside from the FAL) weapons. There isn't a flow of flushing a team out of an area and then anticipating the spawn switch like other TDM games (BF is a good example). The guns pretty much require zero skill and you just hold down the trigger, at least for most of them, so there is no way to pick off guys and push forward. Picking a fight with 3-4 enemies is simply a death sentence because they're turn on their continuous death rays and point around the map eventually making a connection.

Then you have the shitty hit detection, hit boxes, net code, whatever combination of the shit show that CoD MW is. Bullets emit feet to the right or left of an enemy. This even shows in the fucking kill cams.

LoD issues. Pop in on drops just feet away. That bus map? Yeah, fucking textures on the bus disappear depending on how you look at it.

I knew the game was kind of underwhelming, but I assumed they'd fix it for retail. They didn't. What a lazy shit show by the CoD devs. I should've taken the hint from their lazy, phoned in campaign modes that they couldn't even attempt the complexity of an MP game.

Do you actually own the game? Because your experience is radically different from mine...and from the sounds of it everyone elses....

Will say the London is Absolutely TRASH. The spawns are shit. Once someone gets a Chopper gunner its over. So much for the "We are fixing spawns"

And this damn DX error I keep getting is honestly getting on my last nerve.

Other than that so far its no bad. Waiting on the groundwar mode to drop.... Hopefully it plays smooth.

That worked.

For those wondering, the game is still ugly graphics wise. Have not tried RTX, maybe it looks notably better.

Interesting... I think the game looks quite good. No complaints with graphics or performance here.

COD waiting for download from blizzard app.

Last days i bought monitor:
Aorus AD27QD

And its awesome and perfect. GPU is Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Wateforce.

How many fps with RTX on in 1440P will be? Cant wait for this game, i am pretty pumped up.

Yeah I always hit the check box for clean install.
What we mean is using DDU and starting from a clean slate. All checking the "Clean Install" box does when installing is reset the control panel settings to default and erases and custom profiles created.
COD waiting for download from blizzard app.

Last days i bought monitor:
Aorus AD27QD

And its awesome and perfect. GPU is Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Wateforce.

How many fps with RTX on in 1440P will be? Cant wait for this game, i am pretty pumped up.
Haven't looked at specific numbers, but at 4K it was above 60 FPS at all times with ray tracing on. I can look at the specifics tonight.

What we mean is using DDU and starting from a clean slate. All checking the "Clean Install" box does when installing is reset the control panel settings to default and erases and custom profiles created.

Haven't looked at specific numbers, but at 4K it was above 60 FPS at all times with ray tracing on. I can look at the specifics tonight.
wow thanks Armenius ! :)

I have not played multiplayer yet, but have to agree with Porter_ that this is a damn fine looking game. HDR implementation here is the best I've seen on a PC game yet. Everybody has been praising Gears 5 for its HDR implementation, but this blows it out of the water. Make sure you calibrate the game's HDR settings. On my PG27UQ with reference white set to 100 I left brightness at 1.00, but tuned the two calibration settings to 0.07 and 0.74 respectively.

The ray tracing also looks pretty damned good while not hitting the performance much like in other games. I'm running the game at 4K with 100% resolution scaling (render resolution == output resolution) and didn't notice any framerate issues whatsoever through the first 4 missions in single player.

It runs smooth as silk with all graphics options turned to their highest settings in the menus including ray tracing. Make sure you turn off both types of motion blur and turn off film grain, and I would also run with one of the SMAA antialiasing modes (no choice if you turn ray tracing on). Only issue I've run into are the pre-rendered cutscenes hitch like crazy. Maybe because of the loading happening in the background? Also, why the hell are we still doing pre-rendered cutscenes in 2019 when the engine looks better than that? Just a tip for anyone else: I had to force installation of the shaders in the options menu even though it appeared that the installation finished the first time.

Yeah the cut scenes are hitching for me as well. It’s a shame because they’re really well done and the hitching pulls you out of it.

it was dropping a bit below 60 FPS on my rig, around 55 FPS in some instances. So I turned off raytracing. My eyes are pretty sensitive to anything below a display’s native refresh rate.

Hey question about HDR question. Turn off MSI AFTERBURNER overlay before running HDR? On Assassin Creed Oddysey colours are darker using MSI AFTERBURNER and HDR.

Monitor Aorus AD27QD HDR

Hey question about HDR question. Turn off MSI AFTERBURNER overlay before running HDR? On Assassin Creed Oddysey colours are darker using MSI AFTERBURNER and HDR.

Monitor Aorus AD27QD HDR

Is this true? I always have Afterburber running so anytime I’ve tried HDR it’s been running. HDR always looked like shit. Of course I’ve only had displays with bare-bones, bottom of the barrel HDR capabilities...

I don't get that when I turn HDR on in Windows my display gets rather dark, and it won't let me turn the brightness up.

I'm running the same Aorus AD27QD as mgty23.

Back