Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Noticed I can install the game without activating any product key. I assume you can just download but if you launch it won't work. If it does, I suppose I can re-sell the product code I just bought. :p

Can you install SP and MP separately? Would like to uninstall the SP once done with it because the SSD space required is insane.
All the games on Battle.net are like that, as far as I'm aware. You can't actually play the game without a valid license and/or subscription, though.

Hopefully you can install them separately. All of them were like that on Steam, but this is the first SP+MP game released on Battle.net, so we'll see.

Speaking of, anyone remember when they wanted to rebrand Battle.net? What happened to that? Good times.

Noticed I can install the game without activating any product key. I assume you can just download but if you launch it won't work. If it does, I suppose I can re-sell the product code I just bought. :p

Can you install SP and MP separately? Would like to uninstall the SP once done with it because the SSD space required is insane.
Where are you seeing this option? In the blizzard app mine just says "pre-purchase now", and takes me to the store.

Where are you seeing this option? In the blizzard app mine just says "pre-purchase now", and takes me to the store.

For me it gave me an option to download 128GB file. Partner Games, CoD MW - Install.

Now I did activate my product code and in green it shows that I own it. I pre-loaded it. Maybe there was a screw up and they accidentally added it to my account some how but I doubt it. I think they just allow pre-load for everyone even if they didn't have a license.

For me it gave me an option to download 128GB file. Partner Games, CoD MW - Install.

Now I did activate my product code and in green it shows that I own it. I pre-loaded it. Maybe there was a screw up and they accidentally added it to my account some how but I doubt it. I think they just allow pre-load for everyone even if they didn't have a license.
Seems like it knew you purchased it?
Capture.PNG

This would have been painful if not for the pre-load. 120GB is crazy. Looking forward to the unlock.

Seems like it knew you purchased it?
View attachment 194594

Mine definitely showed an install option. I did play the beta though it was uninstalled. Maybe I should've waited until the 25th to see if I magically got a free game.

The code I bought from ebay and needed Geforce Experience installed, which I didn't have installed currently. So there was no way to know I had received a code yet. My guess is some technical issue with me having previously used the beta. Maybe some people lucked out and got a free game but in any case I installed Geforce Experience and then tied my product code to Blizzard, so I can't test that anymore.

So if anyone gets a bug where they can install the game, maybe wait for the 25th and see what happens before buying a code. :p

I doubt that. I know i left the beta installed on my xbox, and a few days before I sold it, I was sent updates for the campaign. I let them download, and tried to run it, sent me to the purchase page on the store. :(

I doubt that. I know i left the beta installed on my xbox, and a few days before I sold it, I was sent updates for the campaign. I let them download, and tried to run it, sent me to the purchase page on the store. :(

If you need a copy try ebay. I purchased this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Call-of-Du...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Listed at $40 and was taking offers, I put in an offer at $30 but they were selling out so quick I just paid the $40. Ebay charges sales tax (even on used items) because it is required now, but I got 8% back in ebay bucks. So $43.69 for me plus $3.20 ebay bucks to use next quarter. Effective price around $40 flat.

Just be careful because it looks like the codes are region locked and some listings are for Europe only but the price seems to be $45 for them on average.

I couldn't find a cheaper price on GMG or CD keys, but maybe other places are cheaper.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Actually took a few xbox games to gamestop, got 40 bucks in trade, but i was told I dont get the pre order code until I show back up there tomorrow.. (n)

Kinda skeptical about it because all the "employees" on reddit say they cant release codes until Thursday..

So we shall see..

Mine definitely showed an install option. I did play the beta though it was uninstalled. Maybe I should've waited until the 25th to see if I magically got a free game.

The code I bought from ebay and needed Geforce Experience installed, which I didn't have installed currently. So there was no way to know I had received a code yet. My guess is some technical issue with me having previously used the beta. Maybe some people lucked out and got a free game but in any case I installed Geforce Experience and then tied my product code to Blizzard, so I can't test that anymore.

So if anyone gets a bug where they can install the game, maybe wait for the 25th and see what happens before buying a code. :p
Ha that’s weird who knows.

It took me 24 hours to download the game at like 2.1 megs a second. Hopefully it works at launch and won't have to download it ever again.

First patch on the Xbox One version reduced the install size by 17GB. I wonder if they accidentally left in all the DLC that isn't supposed to be finished yet :ROFLMAO:.

Got my pre load code from Gamestop. But think they screwed up the pre order bonus content...
Cod website states code is 10-13 characters, but the code i have on my receipt is 21 characters...

Got my pre load code from Gamestop. But think they screwed up the pre order bonus content...
Cod website states code is 10-13 characters, but the code i have on my receipt is 21 characters...
Do you have to first redeem it somewhere else? I know NVIDIA codes are like this where you have to first enter it on the GeForce website to get another code that can actually be redeemed on the store/launcher/game website. Or maybe you have to redeem it on your Battle.net account page or through the launcher. They're supposed to have instruction on what to do with them, so I don't know...

Yeah one code is the game which said to activate through battle net, that worked fine. Just the dumb gamestop pre order bonus doesnt work. Says to redeem on the COD website.

*Edit* Sooo even tho the damn reciept says to activate on the COD website. You actually have to enter it on blizzards site.. Best part, it doesnt even tell you what it is, just said you activated _____... lol Good job GS and Activision o_O

Thankfully I get 50 MB/S on Blizzard. Steam and Origin give me 60.
FWIW, it's somewhat meaningless to anecdotally compare speeds since these companies are just using CDNs - many of them the same CDN (Akamai etc). So seeing proclamations like "Origin is faster than Steam" or vice versa is therefore a bit silly - like some people actually imagine their game downloading from a server room in the company's HQ. There are so many variables introduced by CDN's and mirrors.

FWIW, it's somewhat meaningless to anecdotally compare speeds since these companies are just using CDNs - many of them the same CDN (Akamai etc). So seeing proclamations like "Origin is faster than Steam" or vice versa is therefore a bit silly - like some people actually imagine their game downloading from a server room in the company's HQ. There are so many variables introduced by CDN's and mirrors.

That is all true, but on my end Origin has had consistently faster downloads than Steam. The latter of which has a bad tendency of randomly pausing downloads multiple times before finishing. Max I ever get on my end is around 60 MB/S and obviously I am sure others have faster connections or slower depending on all the above.

Saturating my bandwidth at 20 MB/s, here. Will be done in a little under 2 hours.

Anyone know how to backup the battle.net games, if I want to transfer COD to another PC in the future, I'd rather not re-download 175gb

Anyone know how to backup the battle.net games, if I want to transfer COD to another PC in the future, I'd rather not re-download 175gb

It will just be a folder in your Battle.net games folder. You copy it wherever you want and then tell Battle.net where the folder is (There's also a "Detect Games" that will search your drives IIRC).

Sure is. And there's a queue to get in, even if you've no intention of playing multiplayer. Neat.

Edit: And then it times out once you're out of the queue. Double neat. Why is this shit required to play the campaign?

I got in but its installing shaders? Taking forever though.

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 0
Back