Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

I hope they dump in MW, MW2, MW3, and maybe a couple Ghosts maps.
They have the catalog to make MW something that tugs on nostalgia hard while looking forward.

I welcome cross play, CoD dying on PC in January is something that I'm tired of.

id want to be rocking near 240hz @ 1080p for Gunfight.
Use a fast tn panel with all syncs off.
I need to turn gsync off tmw and see if I can feel it, some games a little bit of an edge is like having an extra gun perk on.

My AK is lvl30, I've got a pretty good idea of how the perks stack to favor how I play.

MW has a lot of gear depth that may or may not be very appreciated or apparent.
-----

Field of view 90 and render scale 100% - was able to hold right around 240fps (on 240Hz monitor) which in realism mode was easily possible - I do same thing, all sync's off - and used AK47 most of time, mp5 some of the time.

Late today in realism mode they changed few things like keyboard mapping (back to old days of cod4) though I didn't like that they may it harder (with changes made late today) to kill (realism mode).

My AMD 3800 system actually held frames a little more even than my 9900k system (with Titan RTX) which surprised me, but, its still a beta or maybe tweaked more for AMD at this point I dunno... either was excellent though.

I think its blurr busters that tested gsync vs off on 240Hz monitors... should leave it off (unless can't turn frames).

-----

Field of view 90 and render scale 100% - was able to hold right around 240fps (on 240Hz monitor) which in realism mode was easily possible - I do same thing, all sync's off - and used AK47 most of time, mp5 some of the time.

Late today in realism mode they changed few things like keyboard mapping (back to old days of cod4) though I didn't like that they may it harder (with changes made late today) to kill (realism mode).

My AMD 3800 system actually held frames a little more even than my 9900k system (with Titan RTX) which surprised me, but, its still a beta or maybe tweaked more for AMD at this point I dunno... either was excellent though.

I think its blurr busters that tested gsync vs off on 240Hz monitors... should leave it off (unless can't turn frames).

FOV turned up seemed to do this zoom thing and really enhanced fisheye blur.
Saw that when I ran a couple games on my x34.

I played gsync off sunday.
Yes there were spots when my framelock didn't hold and I went over 180hz on 1080p panel or 165hz on 1440p.
Momentary issues didn't stop me from getting a nuke, highest I got was a 12kill streak so whatever.

240hz panel is where I would be at for Gunfight and GW.
Just couldn't get there with my 3 existing monitors but I could feel it get almost dialed in just right.

Side note, 2080ti/9900k+ big name streamer guys @ 130-160fps 1080p or 1440p tells me that there's a lot of optimization to be done on the new engine.

right, try realism
all the other bf guys like it if gw doesnt do it for them.
its about the promise of xplay keeping pc gamers going, nothing else.

That looks really fun, I only got in on the beta for like 30 minutes, didn't get a chance to try this game mode.

That looks really fun, I only got in on the beta for like 30 minutes, didn't get a chance to try this game mode.

It was less audio feature movie saturated, but didn't penalize you like old Hardcore if you are a casual player.

I really liked realism, didn't get to try NVG mode.

FOV turned up seemed to do this zoom thing and really enhanced fisheye blur.
Saw that when I ran a couple games on my x34.

I played gsync off sunday.
Yes there were spots when my framelock didn't hold and I went over 180hz on 1080p panel or 165hz on 1440p.
Momentary issues didn't stop me from getting a nuke, highest I got was a 12kill streak so whatever.

240hz panel is where I would be at for Gunfight and GW.
Just couldn't get there with my 3 existing monitors but I could feel it get almost dialed in just right.

Side note, 2080ti/9900k+ big name streamer guys @ 130-160fps 1080p or 1440p tells me that there's a lot of optimization to be done on the new engine.
-------

On 9900k system with Titan RTX - I left everything at default other than 100% res scaling, and turned off all motion blurs - also turned off min. rates (after changing them to 300 each, menu and in-game) - During TDM matches the lowest I remember seeing was 191FPS when call in streaks - otherwise it was 235 and up every-time I noticed to check.

I found on BO4 using frame lock actually degraded my frames with Titan RTX and 2080 Ti - however Radeon VII it had little effect, and oddly enough with MW the 5700 XT seemed to turn better frames than Radeon VII (of course I only run 1080P).

It's a bit of an art tweaking with 240Hz monitors (fun learning each others tricks)... I agree on fisheye blur when start turn up FOV (wonder how the new 240Hz IPS Monitors will fair with that, or if really ends up doing nothing for it).

My 1440p monitor is IPS, so is the X34.
It's better, less smearing.

I noticed the same killstreak issues as you did.

Fps I'm always dialed low or off, but all the clips I uploaded were maxed FOV.

At some point I may go back to my 90 fov footage and do a side by side to highlight blur.

Maybe pointless bc I think that's a console feature that wasn't decoupled for PC beta. Kinda like how PC in-game chat a lot of us had game audio thru headsets but voice was coming thru monitor speaker.

Infinity Ward shares feedback from the Modern Warfare crossplay beta

"We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example"

The gameplay was a lot of fun and I would consider buying it BUT

The game is a fuzzy, blurry mess. It feels like a game meant to be played at 720P that just got upscaled to 1440P

It makes me feel like something is wrong with my eyes - my brain keeps going "why isn't this in focus? why isn't this sharper?"

I was getting near 144Hz almost all the time at 1440P with a 1080Ti

Was pleasantly surprised to find that performance at 7680x1440 was excellent (110fps+) until I realized that just because the game says it's running at 7680x1440 doesn't mean that's what it's actually doing.

I suspect it was 4096x768 as the pixels were fat and blurry (but fast!)

Console to PC cross-play is a great idea but not if it means the PC world has to be dragged down to the image quality of current consoles.

Honestly, it feels like it was sponsored by the Optometrists Association 1-800-YU-BLIND
The game has obnoxious depth of field on everything, combined with the worst implementation of blur and AA I've ever seen. None of these things could be disabled in the beta, but hopefully they can in retail. A config file edit was found, unfortunately all the settings are codified with an integer string. I wouldn't be surprised if they encrypted the config file in the final release. No doubt these things are present so the console versions could hit 60 FPS and are not exposed options on the PC version because "muh competitive FPS" with crossplay.

The gameplay was a lot of fun and I would consider buying it BUT

The game is a fuzzy, blurry mess. It feels like a game meant to be played at 720P that just got upscaled to 1440P

It makes me feel like something is wrong with my eyes - my brain keeps going "why isn't this in focus? why isn't this sharper?"

I was getting near 144Hz almost all the time at 1440P with a 1080Ti

Was pleasantly surprised to find that performance at 7680x1440 was excellent (110fps+) until I realized that just because the game says it's running at 7680x1440 doesn't mean that's what it's actually doing.

I suspect it was 4096x768 as the pixels were fat and blurry (but fast!)

Console to PC cross-play is a great idea but not if it means the PC world has to be dragged down to the image quality of current consoles.

Honestly, it feels like it was sponsored by the Optometrists Association 1-800-YU-BLIND

yeah it's definitely fuzzy/blurry. I tried upping the resolution scale but it didn't help. game is fun though, i'm looking forward to playing the final release.

Narrative Director Taylor Kurosaki, "There are decisions that are above all of our pay grades that have to be considered."

upload_2019-9-25_14-40-48.png

https://archive.fo/3jWpS

It's refreshing to see these kinds of candid confessions coming out of the den of Activision. I'm surprised anyone still works with Activision after Bungie's public divorce.

I learned that a $100 2600 is fine for playing this game @ 1080 1440p provided you have a decent GPU to do most of the work, but if I want to record games footage I need to use a $50 1700x for high quality clips.

Also I never added the extra threads to Afterburner's osd, duh.

Last edited:
Netcode analysis of the beta shows that it's worse than Black Ops 4.
  • Packet splitting occurs across all game modes.
  • Ground War servers are running at 24 Hz.
  • Average gunfire delay is over 100ms.
  • Ping display in game is either intentionally or accidentally broken.

Just more BS, the game is a hard pass at this time.

Hopefully Ghost Recon isn't terrible or this holiday season I might get through some backlog games.

Last edited:

First two appear to be mostly on ground war game play which is somewhat of a silver lining for me since I wasn't big on GW. I do agree with what he was repeatedly saying about the game heavily favors the person doing the shooting. If I wasn't first on the trigger, I had no chance. Hopefully at least some of these issues will be addressed in the next month.

First two appear to be mostly on ground war game play which is somewhat of a silver lining for me since I wasn't big on GW. I do agree with what he was repeatedly saying about the game heavily favors the person doing the shooting. If I wasn't first on the trigger, I had no chance. Hopefully at least some of these issues will be addressed in the next month.
Did you see the graph for Domination? It happens less, yes, but it still happens. I think it would be extremely frustrating to be killed by a magic bullet at a random time due to this happening. Second point is one of the most frustrating occurrence for me in all CODs and is why I mostly stopped playing the multiplayer. Sometimes I'd be shooting half of my magazine and then my kill cam makes it seem like I was completely blind to the situation.

Did you notice any latency with lobbies with a heavy console bias?
I felt something odd that scaled with player count.
It was like I was waiting for the console guys, and it occurred randomly but palpably throughout the match.

I never felt it with 100% pc lobbies.

Did you notice any latency with lobbies with a heavy console bias?
I felt something odd that scaled with player count.
It was like I was waiting for the console guys, and it occurred randomly but palpably throughout the match.

I never felt it with 100% pc lobbies.

I didn't pay that close attention tbh. I did notice compared to other CODs that it was nearly impossible to win a gun fight if you didn't see the person first. There is virtually no time to react, which I hope gets fixed.

Unlikely they're going to balance gunfights that way.
Took a couple days but I ended up pathing like a paintball field.
Build up data on where people feel safe camping, ambush spots, God bunkers, and player pack habits depending on spawn.
Play against that as much as possible.
GW was difficult bc I'm not used to the BF flow of a game, it's alien and I never built up a regular 10-kill run in any BF title.

So many people tend to go with super dpi mice that can flick 360 or aspire to 200+ fps in games that ties fps to hit reg.

You buy your edge, then try to hone your reflexes.

So how many super deluxe versions and add on packs does this one have.

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare – Story Trailer

It looks like this trailer is basically all cut scenes? I know all trailers have cut scenes mixed in but this looks like there’s almost no actual gameplay.

It looks like this trailer is basically all cut scenes? I know all trailers have cut scenes mixed in but this looks like there’s almost no actual gameplay.

that's because it's a story trailer and not a gameplay trailer

Back