Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

I've had it downloaded, when I try, it takes me to the purchase link, whenever I click on Open Beta.

it's available for pre-load but the beta doesn't unlock until later tonight...I didn't pre-order and pre-loaded it fine on PC

Pretty excited about the cross platform support. However, I believe it will be the PC players that are humbled. I don't think there will be as huge of a disparity as people may expect, especially if there's aim assist in the mix.

While cool this will just mean PC games will just get less PC oriented features. This is already a big problem but keeping compatibility with console versions and their limitations will factor in much more heavily now. Mainly server and game options but this will even filter down to graphic settings.

This has already been happening. I don’t see anything in this game that makes it less PC oriented than other COD games for the last several years. Not to mention, there’s nothing inherently exclusive about a server browser. Consoles can get one if the developer wants it to. I don’t see that there are many cons here tbh.

Pretty excited about the cross platform support. However, I believe it will be the PC players that are humbled. I don't think there will be as huge of a disparity as people may expect, especially if there's aim assist in the mix.

Hardly. At best, the aim assist will allow console users to stay reasonably competitive. Lots of people play Destiny 2 on PC with a controller, and that's what happens there. Bungie is probably the best in the business at making a shooter work well on a console. I don't see it being massively one sided or the other. If controller support on the console is bad, then obviously PC players are going to destroy console players and vice versa. PC controls could be a clusterfuck with acceleration features and behavior that we don't like. We'll have to see.

Hardly. At best, the aim assist will allow console users to stay reasonably competitive. Lots of people play Destiny 2 on PC with a controller, and that's what happens there. Bungie is probably the best in the business at making a shooter work well on a console. I don't see it being massively one sided or the other. If controller support on the console is bad, then obviously PC players are going to destroy console players and vice versa. PC controls could be a clusterfuck with acceleration features and behavior that we don't like. We'll have to see.

That was the point I was attempting to make. I dont see it being massively one sided, but as you say we'll see.

so far the cross platform play is quite well balanced. I haven't noticed any situation where console players were either hindered or over powered due to aim assist. I've seen both console and PC players kicking ass.

One benefit to this, as long as they don't screw up the balance, is that PC players will never have to worry about a dead player base to find games.

One downside to this, and I experienced it last night, are those bastard console kiddies spamming voice chat with nonsense.

so far the cross platform play is quite well balanced. I haven't noticed any situation where console players were either hindered or over powered due to aim assist. I've seen both console and PC players kicking ass.

One benefit to this, as long as they don't screw up the balance, is that PC players will never have to worry about a dead player base to find games.

One downside to this, and I experienced it last night, are those bastard console kiddies spamming voice chat with nonsense.

Sadly the voice chat spam has been a problem in the PC CODs as well. I find my self muting people more often than not.

I generally disable the in-game chat for games like this immediately. I never had kids because screaming children is about the most annoying sound in the world to me. I don't want to hear 12 year olds getting butt hurt and screaming obscenities at me when the game doesn't go their way.

How does cross-play work if I am on PS4 for example, and I have a friend on Xbox I want to buddy up with for a team deathmatch game?
It's implicit, as far as I know. I'll see tonight, but I'm pretty sure they said you will only be able to filter by controller input, not by platform. I pointed out earlier that the console versions come with KB+M support, so there will be no way for anyone to explicitly exclude anyone from a particular platform. Which is good because tribalism and fonboyism could quickly ruin the purpose of crossplay to begin with in having one large player pool.

It's implicit, as far as I know. I'll see tonight, but I'm pretty sure they said you will only be able to filter by controller input, not by platform. I pointed out earlier that the console versions come with KB+M support, so there will be no way for anyone to explicitly exclude anyone from a particular platform. Which is good because tribalism and fonboyism could quickly ruin the purpose of crossplay to begin with in having one large player pool.

I'm not sure that's what he's asking, but I could be wrong.

Everyone has a unique Activision ID. I would think to play with other players, simply add your buddies as friends using their Activision ID then party up before joining a match.

I'm not sure that's what he's asking, but I could be wrong.

Everyone has a unique Activision ID. I would think to play with other players, simply add your buddies as friends using their Activision ID then party up before joining a match.

I don't think it works that way. I can only see battle.net friends in game. My friend can only see psn friends in game. The activision ID is just used to authenticate you battle.net / psn / xbl account with game servers.

I don't think it works that way. I can only see battle.net friends in game. My friend can only see psn friends in game. The activision ID is just used to authenticate you battle.net / psn / xbl account with game servers.

When I go in the game, I can browse players I've played with recently and join their game. Including xbox and PS4 players. There's also two seperate friends sections for battle.net and activision. While I haven't tested it myself since I don't know anyone that has the game on console, this to me seems to suggest you should be able to party up with folks on other platforms. The forbes.com article posted earlier in this thread suggests the same thing.

There's a few window that pops up about friending x-platform.
I got a msg from a PS4 guy I played with calling me a noob shitty spammer.

So it occurred to me after I posted my last reply, I actually own a PS4. (goes to show you how much I use it) so I downloaded the beta, signed up to activision with a different email than I used on the PC version, got a different Activision ID, and sure enough, it works exactly how I suspected it works. You can indeed add and party up with players across different platforms using different controllers by simply using thier Activision ID to add them as friends from within the game. (not Battle.net)

I'll upload a clip later where I'm the only PC player.

They move weird, so it wasn't a hard game.

Was rushing around stupid having fun instead of maximizing my kd

Cross-play is pretty damn cool. Game seems good from the couple hours I played. I’ll put more time in this weekend.

We were talking about how the speed of this cod makes aim assist not such a problem.

Ttk is so fast that the only time I can tell if I'm playing less skilled players is if I'm holding a sight line and 5-7 dudes run into it.

I've started running overkill and a pair of primaries on my rush class. I also grab whatever long gun is on the ground for my objective classes.

Ground War definitely has that Battlefield flavor to it...the vehicles, 64 players etc

Where are these amazing graphics I keep hearing about? Looks almost identical to BO4 and WWII. Gameplay wise the vehicles feel quite janky, and CoD players don't seem to know how to deal with seasoned BF vehicle players.....went 17:1 in the first 5 minutes because CoD players are happy to just run around in circles out in the open.

just finished playing some. first mode I played was ground war. what a mess, map is too small. this is the mode I was looking forward to. my fps was 50-70 at 1440p with mostly med settings. I got a somewhat rare bug I think, can't change my ads sens. found some others with the bug on reddit. so my sens is way to high. I have to ads on the target and hope for the kill. then I played domination, kinda enjoyed that. and the 80 fps I was getting. but I know I'd get bored of that in a week or two, so not really sure if I can buy this game. if I enjoyed ground war, i probably would. if rumors are true and the BR mode is coming and free. then I'll save my self some money.

also, they gotta lighten up the dark areas like doorways at least.

Last edited:
Where are these amazing graphics I keep hearing about? Looks almost identical to BO4 and WWII. Gameplay wise the vehicles feel quite janky, and CoD players don't seem to know how to deal with seasoned BF vehicle players.....went 17:1 in the first 5 minutes because CoD players are happy to just run around in circles out in the open.

the graphics settings are pretty impressive but the actual visuals in-game aren't all that amazing...maybe it's a beta bug...I agree that the Ground War map is too small for 64 players...audio is pretty good though

is there going to be Deathmatch in the final game?...not Team Deathmatch but everyone for himself DM?

First impressions are the graphics look pretty bad. Mainly washed out, but just lacking in detail. BF4 looks a lot better and that is going to be a 6 year old game if it isn't already. The vehicles really feel bad and weightless. Think BF2. They just float around and there is no real traction with the terrian. The lack of a gunners view is annoying to. Overall, they just feel like they were tacked on at the last minute.

Weapons and hit points feel off. While you can take down a target easily the weapon accuracy just isn't tight enough. "Pixel hunting" just doesn't seem possible and quick tapping doesn't seem practical. Load & classes seem a bit too restricted for weapons (BF4 did a good job with it). Ragdolls upon death remind me a bit of Counter Strike Source. Some interesting and absolutely awkward looking deaths. Sometimes the hit boxes seem off and this can been seen when watching enemy kill camera. I'm not sure if this is just lag though.

I played the 32v32 mode only so far but it seems even more chaotic and faster paced than BF4 TDM, and this is the mode with vehicles. BF4 has some bad spawns (all games do) but this map seemed worse. Spawning and dying within a few seconds was fairly normal for me. I do like quicker kill times like BF4 hardcore, but this just feels off with how inaccurate the weapons are. Seems like you don't need to be as precise or on target which results in an even quicker average death time. No magazine system and a bullet pool just sucks as well. I know regular mode BF4 used an ammo pool but I'm not sure why this is still an option in 2019.

Menu system and the awkward join server menu is well... awkward.

I'll try it some more and while it does seem like a big step up over previous CoD games (I only played on free weekends) it certainly doesn't seem like a BF3/4 replacement.

First impressions are the graphics look pretty bad. Mainly washed out, but just lacking in detail. BF4 looks a lot better and that is going to be a 6 year old game if it isn't already. The vehicles really feel bad and weightless. Think BF2. They just float around and there is no real traction with the terrian. The lack of a gunners view is annoying to. Overall, they just feel like they were tacked on at the last minute.

Weapons and hit points feel off. While you can take down a target easily the weapon accuracy just isn't tight enough. "Pixel hunting" just doesn't seem possible and quick tapping doesn't seem practical. Load & classes seem a bit too restricted for weapons (BF4 did a good job with it). Ragdolls upon death remind me a bit of Counter Strike Source. Some interesting and absolutely awkward looking deaths. Sometimes the hit boxes seem off and this can been seen when watching enemy kill camera. I'm not sure if this is just lag though.

I played the 32v32 mode only so far but it seems even more chaotic and faster paced than BF4 TDM, and this is the mode with vehicles. BF4 has some bad spawns (all games do) but this map seemed worse. Spawning and dying within a few seconds was fairly normal for me. I do like quicker kill times like BF4 hardcore, but this just feels off with how inaccurate the weapons are. Seems like you don't need to be as precise or on target which results in an even quicker average death time. No magazine system and a bullet pool just sucks as well. I know regular mode BF4 used an ammo pool but I'm not sure why this is still an option in 2019.

Menu system and the awkward join server menu is well... awkward.

I'll try it some more and while it does seem like a big step up over previous CoD games (I only played on free weekends) it certainly doesn't seem like a BF3/4 replacement.

Agree with all your observations. Might have been amazing 10 years ago before BF3 was released.

That's good, because it's not supposed to be, just like TDM in BF isn't supposed to be a COD replacement.

As far as graphics. I think they look good with max textures. Anything less than that and it's very blurry

I watched Shroud go on a kill spree in GW tonight.

Had a game with Summit1g and we weren't so lucky, every point was fluid and the ransoms weren't clearing god spots out.

2600 runs this game fine.

Switch back and forth btw an X34 and a xb271hu, ultrawide is not the play.
M14 with the 1st optic you unlock was working well for me at all ranges.

I'll switch to a 1080p monitor tmw and see if the game feels better than at 1440p.

It would be suck to have a set 32 man roster for GW, discord up, and go wreck shop.

I'm enjoying NVG game mode better then Ground War...graphics look better and the game feels tighter and more fun

Somethings I don't like so far:

- Indoors looking outside has a very bad "HDR" affect like Half Life 2 had way back in 2005. I'm not sure if this is for gameplay or technical reasons but it is very weird to see it in a modern game. Take a few steps back from a window and looking outside is almost impossible.

- Flash bangs. I don't mind the normal blinding/deafening they cause, but the awkward slow motion walking and killing of your mouse sensitivity is just odd.

- Too many notifications and music playing each time I kill someone at point blank range or similar. Might be a way to disable some off it in the options.

- Mini map gives far too much info. Start looking at that and you'll do much better, but then you're staring at a mini map all game rather than relying on surroundings and playing carefully.

- Pistol non-aimed position is just awkward, too close to the screen and tilted sideways. Makes a quick shot or two impossible before bringing up your sights.

- Spawn flow is just off. Yes other games can be bad, but it seems like this one map could use some work. Typically games spawn teams on the other side and gradually shift as the other team moves in. In this game it seems like there are more instances of a group from both team spawning within second of each other in the same building.

- Non-aimed shooting in general. The spread is just artificially high and awkward. Makes a few quick shots at close range impossible before bringing up sights.

- Aiming down sights when reloading. Just confusing and a bit awkward when moving. Typically you got into cover or run around a corner to quickly reload so this just adds an extra click that feels unnatural. I'd rather have it removed or have the option for them weapon to be raised and the normal reload animation played before going back into sights.

These are moderate issues that could probably be changed but not too sure if they will. I know some of these have to cater to the traditional CoD demographic, but they just don't feel very refined or sensible. Had some fun with it, did good with the MP5 and M4A1 when I had those accessories unlocked. Not sure how much I'd get into it though. Have only tried the 32 vs 32 mode so far. I did like it more than most shooters I've played as of late but still on the fence.e.

Sounds are okay, better than past CoD games by far but still lacking compared to BF3/4 or Insurgency Sandstorm. INS Sandstorm is probably the best and has the best sounds and most detailed reload animations. This game is certainly good enough and a step up from previous titles, but after playing BF4 and INS Sandstorm this does feel like a notable step down.

they need to brighten up inside spaces, like those tunnels and inside doorways. I've had to crank up brightness to eye bleeding levels just to see people.

Same old same old. Whoever is looking for CoD Version 1094265 will like it. I'll pass.

there seems to be way more camping then normal in that Ground War map...I find GW not fun at all (mostly due to the map)...I love the night-vision goggle gameplay and the nighttime maps are much better (that Cave map in particular has some great contrast)

the audio is great in this...you can hear the footsteps of enemy players very clearly from all sides before you see them...

Back