Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Meh, everyone drooling over mp, what about single player?

Seems like it will be a step up. More or less the developers are trying to take a more mature approach. I'm not expecting miracles but it sounds like it will be more than flashy cut scenes with diolgue that only has a vague connection to the action this time around. I am really hoping they allow us to select loadouts and give us very basic squad commands. Just do that and it will be more of a Ghost Recon game what whatever Ubisoft will poop out this year. I think we will get another Infinity War but in a modern war setting at the least. Which wouldn't be superb, but would deliver a competent game that is worth playing. Sounds like they're hiring the writers from that game and hopefully carry over the loadout selection as well.

tbg rush server
aarp golnad rail

full every night come
well it wont install on my pc anymore:wtf: Gives me a dx internal error every time it finalizes the install. I tried deleting everything in the dx folder and let it re download but just gives same error. I guess the newer origin and newer win 10 is not compatible with old bf4 anymore. guess it just wasnt meant to be! I tried battlefront just to test it out to make sure my end is ok and it worked the first try.

well it wont install on my pc anymore:wtf: Gives me a dx internal error every time it finalizes the install. I tried deleting everything in the dx folder and let it re download but just gives same error. I guess the newer origin and newer win 10 is not compatible with old bf4 anymore. guess it just wasnt meant to be! I tried battlefront just to test it out to make sure my end is ok and it worked the first try.

weird... but i am playing it with the $4.99 origin pass or whatever, i dont have the "real" copy.

1903? nope, they arent gonna catch me
looks like none of the older bf games will correctly install anymore....BFront and BF1 obviously still install just fine. Oddly enough 2142 can still install even though i think all the servers are down. Its a bummer cause i wanted to play some more BF4 while we wait for the next battlefield size modern shooter.

looks like none of the older bf games will correctly install anymore....BFront and BF1 obviously still install just fine. Oddly enough 2142 can still install even though i think all the servers are down. Its a bummer cause i wanted to play some more BF4 while we wait for the next battlefield size modern shooter.

good grief... EA trying to stomp anything they arent currently making money on i bet.

i had no problems installing BF4 on 1809 last week since a friend wanted to play it.. pretty sure the only thing that effected whether you could play each game was the minimum gpu driver version requirement for each BF game.

i had no problems installing BF4 on 1809 last week since a friend wanted to play it.. pretty sure the only thing that effected whether you could play each game was the minimum gpu driver version requirement for each BF game.
yea it always worked for me before. I suspect it may have something to do with build 1903 and the origin installer and the way dx is handled on this build.

Black ops 4 is washed out gamma neon colored freak show. Gamma cant be adjusted. Gives me more appreciation for BFV I didn't mind Cod WWII but the maps were cramped.

Black ops 4 is washed out gamma neon colored freak show. Gamma cant be adjusted. Gives me more appreciation for BFV I didn't mind Cod WWII but the maps were cramped.
my eyes get tired from bfv. it happens to alot of players actually. its either the colors are too much or theres so many effects going on. I don't like the washed out look either. BO4 was gross looking.

You should star
my eyes get tired from bfv. it happens to alot of players actually. its either the colors are too much or theres so many effects going on. I don't like the washed out look either. BO4 was gross looking.

What you should try doing is turn down some of the settings and play with a controller with BFV I found Keyboard and mouse fatigue me pretty fast but a controller you can sit back a bit.

2v2 Gun Game mode is coming via an Alpha exclusively to PS4 this weekend.

Fucking bitches with these deals they sign with consoles. So fucking dumb. Release all at once on all platforms.

I’m just very happy they are fully doing cross-platform with this game.

2v2 Gun Game mode is coming via an Alpha exclusively to PS4 this weekend.

Fucking bitches with these deals they sign with consoles. So fucking dumb. Release all at once on all platforms.
I’m just very happy they are fully doing cross-platform with this game.

That will keep the game alive anyway cross platform.

This just makes me wish DICE made a BATTLEFIELD with modern weapons instead of their WW1/II crap. That being said, BF4 still looks great and I still play it to this day.

I'm hoping this game turns out to be a lot like Battlefield, but I suppose it will still be Call of Duty at its core. Kill streaks, the apparently limited weapon selection and the vehicles look to have a time limit until you're forced to get out makes me think it won't quite be a replacement.

Weapons so far in terms of sound, animation and feel look pretty good though. Seems like there will be a tiny selection of weapons though which is disappointing. Bring back the 100 to 150 guns from BF4 and I'll be happy.

I'm hoping this game turns out to be a lot like Battlefield, but I suppose it will still be Call of Duty at its core. Kill streaks, the apparently limited weapon selection and the vehicles look to have a time limit until you're forced to get out makes me think it won't quite be a replacement.

Weapons so far in terms of sound, animation and feel look pretty good though. Seems like there will be a tiny selection of weapons though which is disappointing. Bring back the 100 to 150 guns from BF4 and I'll be happy.
Here I was hoping it's nothing like battlefield. If it is anything like battlefield that's a deal breaker out the gate.

Here I was hoping it's nothing like battlefield. If it is anything like battlefield that's a deal breaker out the gate.

Each to their own but I hate killstreaks and the like. Any kind of pop up on screen is just a distraction as far as I am concerned. At least the maps aren't going to be the size of a shoe box this time.

well some of the modes will be like bf, others like cod.
Modes? I still give zero fucks about multiplayer, all I care about is sp. Yes I play cod exclusively for single player.

Modes? I still give zero fucks about multiplayer, all I care about is sp. Yes I play cod exclusively for single player.

Well you quoted a post about kill streaks so I assumed you were talking about MP.

If you're talking SP then the recent BF games were more or less standalone levels which weren't great but playable. I think BF3's campaign was decent, seemed like a less silly CoD story. BF4 was a step down, Hardline started out good then became over the top action wise. Still decent enough. BF1 and BFV campaigns were absolutely "meh". For this CoD I am hoping they make it feel more like a military game in the campaign. It will be funny if Call of Duty ends up being more Ghost Recon than what Ubisoft is peddling these days. And that goes for all the "Tom Clancy" games.

Well you quoted a post about kill streaks so I assumed you were talking about MP.

If you're talking SP then the recent BF games were more or less standalone levels which weren't great but playable. I think BF3's campaign was decent, seemed like a less silly CoD story. BF4 was a step down, Hardline started out good then became over the top action wise. Still decent enough. BF1 and BFV campaigns were absolutely "meh". For this CoD I am hoping they make it feel more like a military game in the campaign. It will be funny if Call of Duty ends up being more Ghost Recon than what Ubisoft is peddling these days. And that goes for all the "Tom Clancy" games.
I only played BF3, then BF1.
BF3 apart from running like ass didn't make much of an impression, I don't think I even passed level 1. And BF1? Meh doesn't even begin to cover it. One of the worst games I stupidly purchased. It still makes me mad when I think about it even if I paid less than $10 for it. And it wasn't even entertaining bad like GW3, it was so unremarkable, uninteresting and bland, that I couldn't even write anything on it. And from what I've heard BFV is more of the same. So that is why even mentioning Battlefield in a COD topic makes me cringe. Every COD campaign I played was entertaining and fun and well worth the money.

I only played BF3, then BF1.
BF3 apart from running like ass didn't make much of an impression, I don't think I even passed level 1. And BF1? Meh doesn't even begin to cover it. One of the worst games I stupidly purchased. It still makes me mad when I think about it even if I paid less than $10 for it. And it wasn't even entertaining bad like GW3, it was so unremarkable, uninteresting and bland, that I couldn't even write anything on it. And from what I've heard BFV is more of the same. So that is why even mentioning Battlefield in a COD topic makes me cringe. Every COD campaign I played was entertaining and fun and well worth the money.

BF3/4 looked and ran amazing on all my CPUs and GPUs, and I've went from an AMD 965 to 4670K to Ryzens from GTX 560s to RTX 2070s, more RAM, different OS and never had any issues with them frame rate or stutter wise. BF1 on the other hand was a stuttering shitshow the entire time I had it. There wasn't any game that came close to the visuals and performance of them. And the temps are consistently lower than much uglier looking games. Around 10-13C lower.

As for comparing the two, they're both mainly MP games so that is much most of us are talking about. Campaigns are just tack on aspects for both series. Truthfully CoD has put out some okay campaigns but they're still just campaigns for an MP game and will never reach the heights for a dedicated SP game. Considering that, historically, BF has been much more classy and diverse. But they're really converging now with BFV gameplay wise and their CoD/Fortnite style clown aesthetic. I have hope Modern Warfare keeps it classy but one thing is for sure, pretty much everything looks better in this. Moving the sound design past CoD4 levels is a massive improvement alone. Even if the campaign ends up being more or less the same as previous titles at least it will sound and feel a bit better. Infinity War showed us they could at least muster a halfway convincing although utterly brain dead story.

TLDR: I wouldn't get hopes up for the campaign much but it can't be much worse than some of the previous games.

BF3/4 looked and ran amazing on all my CPUs and GPUs, and I've went from an AMD 965 to 4670K to Ryzens from GTX 560s to RTX 2070s, more RAM, different OS and never had any issues with them frame rate or stutter wise. BF1 on the other hand was a stuttering shitshow the entire time I had it. There wasn't any game that came close to the visuals and performance of them. And the temps are consistently lower than much uglier looking games. Around 10-13C lower.

As for comparing the two, they're both mainly MP games so that is much most of us are talking about. Campaigns are just tack on aspects for both series. Truthfully CoD has put out some okay campaigns but they're still just campaigns for an MP game and will never reach the heights for a dedicated SP game. Considering that, historically, BF has been much more classy and diverse. But they're really converging now with BFV gameplay wise and their CoD/Fortnite style clown aesthetic. I have hope Modern Warfare keeps it classy but one thing is for sure, pretty much everything looks better in this. Moving the sound design past CoD4 levels is a massive improvement alone. Even if the campaign ends up being more or less the same as previous titles at least it will sound and feel a bit better. Infinity War showed us they could at least muster a halfway convincing although utterly brain dead story.

TLDR: I wouldn't get hopes up for the campaign much but it can't be much worse than some of the previous games.
I don't know what are your standards, but IW had one of the best if not the best campaigns of any game I played. To me MP is tacked on to a single player game every time. In fact I wouldn't mind if they separated the two. Have an MP cod series and a strictly SP series. With black ops 4 at least I had zero temptation to buy it.

You must have been the one exception for BF3/4, as I remember everyone complained about bad optimization, and terrible FPS, and I remember it being a complete slideshow for me as well.

I was never a fan of BF, even going back to 1942, somehow it always felt odd to me, something intangible in how it played and looked. Some friends would always force it to play at lan parties but I hated it.

I don't know what are your standards, but IW had one of the best if not the best campaigns of any game I played.

It was certainly decent enough but the story was terrible. The evil Martians want to kill you because... they're evil? Faceless enemy with no rational reason for any of their actions that can magically surprise Earth in an attack that magically no one could detect. How can you not physically see massive warships approaching Earth? It was decent in that the character actions weren't outright silly and it toned down the over the top silly physical actions such as swallowing multiple pieces of broken glass and then immediately jumping around roof tops (Black Ops) but the overall story was just terrible. Something I'd expect from a 13 year old. There was a sense of purpose and identity with the people aboard the ship which certainly accounted for something but it can't carry a story that is otherwise so brain dead.

You must have been the one exception for BF3/4, as I remember everyone complained about bad optimization, and terrible FPS, and I remember it being a complete slideshow for me as well.

Never heard of that except the net code which especially for BF4, was a shitshow at launch. But frame rate wise the joke has always been a potato computer could run them maxed out with 60 frame rates. Anything decent and you'd be in the 100s. Obviously net code won't be an issue in the campaign.

To me MP is tacked on to a single player game every time.

Which is fine but then you're just expecting the wrong things from the wrong game series. Development wise both focus on MP and that is what most people buy them for. I wouldn't get expectations high for any BF/CoD game if you're just in it for a solid SP experience simply because that is not where they focus development.

I hope MW sucks, and that they don't do a BR so I can focus on other things besides playing.

Wasn't there an open beta on PS4 recently? Any hands-on opinions?
I didn't bother. Not interested in any of the gameplay modes they have been testing up to this point. They just did the 2v2 mode Gunfight over this recent weekend which would be a complete snoozefest.

I didn't bother. Not interested in any of the gameplay modes they have been testing up to this point. They just did the 2v2 mode Gunfight over this recent weekend which would be a complete snoozefest.

Don't blame you in that case, I'm more interested in the large open warfare maps that will hopefully offer comparable gameplay to BF.

It was certainly decent enough but the story was terrible. The evil Martians want to kill you because... they're evil? Faceless enemy with no rational reason for any of their actions that can magically surprise Earth in an attack that magically no one could detect. How can you not physically see massive warships approaching Earth? It was decent in that the character actions weren't outright silly and it toned down the over the top silly physical actions such as swallowing multiple pieces of broken glass and then immediately jumping around roof tops (Black Ops) but the overall story was just terrible. Something I'd expect from a 13 year old. There was a sense of purpose and identity with the people aboard the ship which certainly accounted for something but it can't carry a story that is otherwise so brain dead.
If I remember correctly they had inside help that disabled earth's defenses. And they want to kill you exactly why the martians in The Expanse wants to kill you, because they are brainwashed nationalists, or planetarists?
I think it is the best campaign of any game I ever played including Mass Effect, and you're allowed to have a different opinion but you're not allowed to say my opinion is wrong.
Never heard of that except the net code which especially for BF4, was a shitshow at launch. But frame rate wise the joke has always been a potato computer could run them maxed out with 60 frame rates. Anything decent and you'd be in the 100s. Obviously net code won't be an issue in the campaign.
And in turn I never heard anyone say that about BF since 3, in fact the exact opposite. I remember the complaints about how dice used to be able to optimize games, but not anymore.

Which is fine but then you're just expecting the wrong things from the wrong game series. Development wise both focus on MP and that is what most people buy them for. I wouldn't get expectations high for any BF/CoD game if you're just in it for a solid SP experience simply because that is not where they focus development.
Since COD games give a far superior campaign to games that are supposed to be solely campaign focused I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken, and I'm looking exactly at the place that delivered a solid campaign last time.

Back