Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Meh. With how DICE shooters have been since BC2 I'm not sure if a BC3 can get me excited. I would love for them to go back to the campaign of the first Bad Company and the multiplayer of BC2, but I just don't trust modern DICE to do a good job with either right now.

Part of the problem is EA doesn't know how much it wants to rip off CoD.

If E3 has a good showing for this game I might consider it. I never played any Modern Warfare game but own the MW3 poster because I thought it looked cool no other poster has come close to it.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Here is the poster I think I picked in up a year after the game launched the poster lady at Walmart must of tried selling some old posters right around the time COD Ghosts was being launched. I have no idea why they were trying to sell posters that were 1-2 year outdated yet.

Attachments

• call-of-duty-mw3-cover-i11163.jpg
    call-of-duty-mw3-cover-i11163.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
I'd be interested, because a decent FPS is always a good thing. But I am not too thrilled. If they refuse to update the shooting characteristics for 2019 it will be a resoundingly unimpressive. Weak, inaccurate weapons? Yawn. Terrible weapon sounds that have no impact? No thanks. No loadout customizing before a mission, no real objectives? Meh. No squad commanding and dumb as rock AI that simply hides behind cover to peak out and shoot every now and then? Please make it better.

If they can make a casual Ghost Recon (the real games, not that shit that was Future Soldier/Wildlands) style game that would be impressive. Doesn't need to be anywhere near as realistic or hard but something that takes some realism and squad commanding elements is much needed. Otherwise its just holding down the trigger and rushing past the AI spawn points like practically every other CoD game since 2.

Expecting generic, but I hope they impress me.

GRAW2 hardcore mode with these graphics would be absolute tits ! (if they don't downgrade that is - like ubisoft did with rainbow six siege and watch dogs )

I can't find anything for gameplay E3 had a showing that obviously had a NDA with no cameras allowed.

Used a Walmart gift card to knock down some of the price the only drawback is you have to buy credit it 5.00 10.00 or 25.00 detonations after you apply the Blizzard gift card.
The gameplay better be good =D Expect it to be better than COD IW would like something on par with COD GHOSTS anyway.

krazy.gif

Last edited:
they're saying all the right things about this so I'm hoping it's not just the usual marketing hype...

they're saying all the right things about this so I'm hoping it's not just the usual marketing hype...

Was reading that they're trying to make this a more adult themed game, which would be a much needed change. All of the CoD games feel like 1980s action flicks. Fun enough to watch, but very thin on plot and substance. This sounds like a welcome change if they do it right. But I hope they change the gameplay to go along with it. I don't expect it to be realistic, but maybe take some inspiration from the older Ghost Recon games and make the game less holding down the trigger at constantly respawning bad guys until you rush past their spawn point or a timer goes off. And make the weapons feel like... weapons, and sound like them to. Some more open ended map design (not open world, open ended) with some basic squad commanding could make this a great game. Nothing super complex, but something that does more than shout "Open that door, NOW!" as you wait for the game to tell you what you can do to get out of a situation. If they can take the more realistic theme and mix it with gameplay like above with a big budget we may have something special on our hands.

But I think it will just be a slightly more coherent CoD story with the same old circa early 2000s gameplay.

I did not play much at all of befor COD4 was released (had a good 6-9mth window that we played the shit out of that game had a bunch of custom BF2-2142-"other"-COD4 .. became BF-BC2-BF3/4-COD4-Blops1 through 3

COD4 on PC was "where it was at" for me, it could have used larger map sizes in my opinion, but overall was "the best" without all kinds of dumb as fk hell "kill streak rewards"

is it a shooter or a warp magically across the field to slit someones throat dead.... they could have toned that shit down some.

Blops1-2 were "ok" but most of the other "modern" COD titles as well as BF titles leave me less than impressed beyond anything but how "great" the graphics are if you worry about such things, I do ^.^, but, gameplay matters ofc .. COD4 was "for me" but them hacker crud ruined it, why can these companies not secure their shit is beyond me

as well I suppose when they give you weird asf skill sets, crunched together maps and the like it was and is VERY hard to "watch everything" to keep the crud out of them servers (nothing tears apart a viable gaming clan then hackers crashing servers with the way they do shit)

Multiplayer Stream is on August 1st with bigger maps then these 2vs2 maps.

Last edited:
I like the first person running animations. Wondering what it means when you switch from one hand on your pistol to two when running (check 7:37). Probably just an animation switch when you run for a certain amount of time but I thought it was interesting. GUI doesn't look too trashy either. Never cared for CoD MP, but I'm actually sort of interested in this.

I'm interested. The fact they are supposedly putting time into the SP campaign is shocking, and pretty awesome.

Probably will not be a day one purchase, but I'll probably pick it up.

Captured in 4K on PlayStation 4 Pro, we’re excited to share raw gameplay of Gunfight, a new fast-paced, close quarters, 2v2 multiplayer mode coming to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. ..

Oh, yeah, that looks like so much fun. Can't wait to play that :rolleyes:.

Personally I'd wish the took on Battlefield Team Death Match with 16 v 16 players on similar sized maps. This maps just look too small and I am not a fun of small sized games (4v4 ect.).

I agree. Once in a while it's okay on a small sized map, but I enjoy the mid to large size maps mostly.

Last edited by a moderator:
im curious how many people are playing blackout compared to the MP modes.

Feel like a lot more are playing Blackout. I know I still am with friends. Game is especially packed with players on the consoles.

I have it on my gaming PC too but my buddies are all console guys so I play on the Xbox One X with them. Game runs and looks great in HDR on console too. They’ve perfected the console shooter mechanics.

I have no doubt the mechanics and movement, although completely new, will be great. On the new modern warfare.

Feel like a lot more are playing Blackout. I know I still am with friends. Game is especially packed with players on the consoles.

I have it on my gaming PC too but my buddies are all console guys so I play on the Xbox One X with them. Game runs and looks great in HDR on console too. They’ve perfected the console shooter mechanics.

I have no doubt the mechanics and movement, although completely new, will be great. On the new modern warfare.
I was asking cause if alot are playing blackout, then not including BR with the new game would be a mistake.

Mulitplayer Helicopter drop in before a match starts. I think they are saying Rodger in the background along with there better not be any Hackers in this game.

Last edited:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta dates:
  • September 12-13 - PS4 pre-order beta
  • September 14-16 - PS4 open beta
  • September 19-20 - PC, Xbox One pre-order beta, PS4 open beta
  • September 21-23 - PC, Xbox One, PS4 open beta

Back