Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

pretty soon you're going to need a dedicated SSD just to run 1 game...
My primary SSD is 1TB so we still have a ways to go. I think one of the big issues manifesting these days is the use of uncompressed assets and I've seen no real justification as to why that is happening, especially with audio. On the audio front you are now often being forced to install the audio for every language the game supports instead of just the primary language for your region or even being given a choice.

CoD games as of late have had crazy size management. It looks like they don't compress anything, and the games always look below average.

Agreed on the size management, but on the image quality, did you play the beta? It did not look below average to me. Looked pretty good aside from the undefeatable blur.

Agreed on the size management, but on the image quality, did you play the beta? It did not look below average to me. Looked pretty good aside from the undefeatable blur.

yeah I don't know why so many people are saying that the game looks dated...the beta looked pretty amazing from a graphics standpoint...at least it did in the Team Deathmatch maps I was playing...Ground War didn't look as good for some reason

yeah I don't know why so many people are saying that the game looks dated...the beta looked pretty amazing from a graphics standpoint...at least it did in the Team Deathmatch maps I was playing...Ground War didn't look as good for some reason
compare it to say bf1 it looks on par with that and its 3 years old. I'd also easily get 100 fps yet in the cod beta I got 50.

Activision has updated the Modern Warfare system requirements post to explain why it's asking for 175GB of real estate on your hard drive..."175GB is the storage space we recommend players keep available in order to download the post-launch content we’ll be bringing to Modern Warfare. At launch, the initial download will be smaller,"

https://blog.activision.com/call-of...Modern-Warfare-PC-Specifications-are-Released

Really, everything about the graphics looked bad to me. Fairly low resolution textures, lots of blur (especially on the bigger map), explosion affects, the way light works indoors, death animations, vehicles.

compare it to say bf1 it looks on par with that and its 3 years old. I'd also easily get 100 fps yet in the cod beta I got 50.

While this game is certainly better in some ways, overall, BF3 blows it out of the water graphically and that is from 2011.

Frame rates were fine in the MW beta but again, with BF you get obscenely high frame rates as well.

Really, everything about the graphics looked bad to me. Fairly low resolution textures, lots of blur (especially on the bigger map), explosion affects, the way light works indoors, death animations, vehicles.

While this game is certainly better in some ways, overall, BF3 blows it out of the water graphically and that is from 2011.

Frame rates were fine in the MW beta but again, with BF you get obscenely high frame rates as well.
well, I didn't want to go all the way back to bf3 but yeah I was being nice when I compared it to bf1. the "undefeatable blur" that porter mentioned is pretty bad looking to have in 2019

well, I didn't want to go all the way back to bf3 but yeah I was being nice when I compared it to bf1. the "undefeatable blur" that porter mentioned is pretty bad looking to have in 2019

I posted some screenshots from the beta a few pages back and while it might not look like the greatest game ever from a graphics standpoint I thought it looked pretty impressive (especially in relation to previous CoD games)...

https://hardforum.com/threads/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2019.1982227/page-7#post-1044338405

175GB! What the actual fuck....Well, I'm out. Not buying a new SSD just to have the storage to play this. No biggie, the original MW was fun enough.

if you have x1 250 gig drive basically it will be full with one game. I want to buy x2 2TB ssd drives to replace some HDD drives but my HDD drives are way larger in capacity. I have x3 1TB ssd drives currently devoted to games.

Last edited:
175GB! What the actual fuck....Well, I'm out. Not buying a new SSD just to have the storage to play this. No biggie, the original MW was fun enough.
IW "clarified" that 175GB is with all planned future content, that the download on release day will be much smaller. Not really surprising. Black Ops IIII was 140GB when I uninstalled it a couple months ago.

Activision confirmed today that, unlike some previous games in the series, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will not have loot boxes or a season pass...Instead, it will take the battle pass route, with free and premium streams that will enable players to see and work toward specific in-game content

New base weapons and "functional attachments" will be earned through gameplay, while the battle pass and in-game store "will feature a variety of cosmetic content that does not impact game balance."...The battle pass will also give players the opportunity to earn COD Points, the in-game currency, through gameplay...

https://blog.activision.com/call-of...n-Warfare-Post-Launch-Approach-to-New-Content

Does anyone know of preload times on the PC? I guess Ps4 and Xbox you can already.

I’m actually looking forward to the singleplayer campaign, so I’ll be trying to avoid any spoilers :D
Me too but the majority of CoD players don't care about the single player. Like my nephew's always brought the CoD games and never even tried the single player.

Back in the Day about 8 years ago at Walmart I was working on nights big friggin' line of people waiting for what else? Call of Duty Black Ops 2 not sure what year this was but I heard someone complain about the lack of PC versions of the game they had plenty of console versions. Since then I mean I never see lines of people except recently for Nintendo Classic was the last time I seen a line of people. Digital took over so you never see people waiting for games just hardware and systems. Digital is a really hard sell at retail level if people don't want to leave the house they won't.

I see Origin game passs time at Walmart recenlty one of our labored guys changed the mod for that.
No Epic cards though just Steam EA and Blizz.

For one:

Two: Conquest was garabage

Three: Activison
  1. Oh noes, a game mode I'll never play won't be in the game for a year!
  2. What is Conquest?
  3. I'll give you that one.
Except on rare occasions the stories for COD games have always been great and I'm looking forward to how this one was refreshed for 2019.

Just got this, paid $43.69. More than I wanted, but I had $31 of ebay bucks and couldn't think of much else to get. Was trying to get it for $30 but the seller didn't accept my offer yet and it was the last one.

I'll give the online a go but doubt I'll get into it heavily. Honestly not much I plan on getting the new few months outside of Ace Combat 7 DLC and maybe DCS stuff.

Last edited:
Preloading now through Blizzard and the download size for the standard edition is north of 100gb @ 116.8 GB download and 128GB install size... that is f*ckin insane for a game.

Preloading now through Blizzard and the download size for the standard edition is north of 100gb @ 116.8 GB download and 128GB install size... that is f*ckin insane for a game.
That really is crazy, black ops 4 is currently at 140gb on my system.

Noticed I can install the game without activating any product key. I assume you can just download but if you launch it won't work. If it does, I suppose I can re-sell the product code I just bought. :p

Can you install SP and MP separately? Would like to uninstall the SP once done with it because the SSD space required is insane.

Back