Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by polonyc2, May 30, 2019.

1. gamerk2

gamerk2 [H]ard|Gawd

Part of the problem is EA doesn't know how much it wants to rip off CoD.

Aix. and Gabe3 like this.
  2. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

If E3 has a good showing for this game I might consider it. I never played any Modern Warfare game but own the MW3 poster because I thought it looked cool no other poster has come close to it.

Gabe3 likes this.
  3. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

this made me lol for a solid 2 minutes

Porter_ and Armenius like this.
  4. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Here is the poster I think I picked in up a year after the game launched the poster lady at Walmart must of tried selling some old posters right around the time COD Ghosts was being launched. I have no idea why they were trying to sell posters that were 1-2 year outdated yet.

Attached Files:

5. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

E3 on the June 11th is suppose to show some gameplay of the game.

Gabe3 likes this.
  6. SoFGR

SoFGR [H]ard|Gawd

GRAW2 hardcore mode with these graphics would be absolute tits ! (if they don't downgrade that is - like ubisoft did with rainbow six siege and watch dogs )

Flogger23m and Armenius like this.
  7. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I can't find anything for gameplay E3 had a showing that obviously had a NDA with no cameras allowed.

8. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

9. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

10. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Used a Walmart gift card to knock down some of the price the only drawback is you have to buy credit it 5.00 10.00 or 25.00 detonations after you apply the Blizzard gift card.
    The gameplay better be good =D Expect it to be better than COD IW would like something on par with COD GHOSTS anyway.

krazy.gif

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  11. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

they're saying all the right things about this so I'm hoping it's not just the usual marketing hype...

12. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

Was reading that they're trying to make this a more adult themed game, which would be a much needed change. All of the CoD games feel like 1980s action flicks. Fun enough to watch, but very thin on plot and substance. This sounds like a welcome change if they do it right. But I hope they change the gameplay to go along with it. I don't expect it to be realistic, but maybe take some inspiration from the older Ghost Recon games and make the game less holding down the trigger at constantly respawning bad guys until you rush past their spawn point or a timer goes off. And make the weapons feel like... weapons, and sound like them to. Some more open ended map design (not open world, open ended) with some basic squad commanding could make this a great game. Nothing super complex, but something that does more than shout "Open that door, NOW!" as you wait for the game to tell you what you can do to get out of a situation. If they can take the more realistic theme and mix it with gameplay like above with a big budget we may have something special on our hands.

But I think it will just be a slightly more coherent CoD story with the same old circa early 2000s gameplay.

13. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Armenius likes this.
  14. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

15. dragonstongue

dragonstongue 2[H]4U

I did not play much at all of befor COD4 was released (had a good 6-9mth window that we played the shit out of that game had a bunch of custom BF2-2142-"other"-COD4 .. became BF-BC2-BF3/4-COD4-Blops1 through 3

COD4 on PC was "where it was at" for me, it could have used larger map sizes in my opinion, but overall was "the best" without all kinds of dumb as fk hell "kill streak rewards"

is it a shooter or a warp magically across the field to slit someones throat dead.... they could have toned that shit down some.

Blops1-2 were "ok" but most of the other "modern" COD titles as well as BF titles leave me less than impressed beyond anything but how "great" the graphics are if you worry about such things, I do ^.^, but, gameplay matters ofc .. COD4 was "for me" but them hacker crud ruined it, why can these companies not secure their shit is beyond me

as well I suppose when they give you weird asf skill sets, crunched together maps and the like it was and is VERY hard to "watch everything" to keep the crud out of them servers (nothing tears apart a viable gaming clan then hackers crashing servers with the way they do shit)

16. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Multiplayer Stream is on August 1st with bigger maps then these 2vs2 maps.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  17. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

18. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

I like the first person running animations. Wondering what it means when you switch from one hand on your pistol to two when running (check 7:37). Probably just an animation switch when you run for a certain amount of time but I thought it was interesting. GUI doesn't look too trashy either. Never cared for CoD MP, but I'm actually sort of interested in this.

19. termite

termite [H]ardness Supreme

I'm interested. The fact they are supposedly putting time into the SP campaign is shocking, and pretty awesome.

Probably will not be a day one purchase, but I'll probably pick it up.