Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

cc29U61.jpg

Loving the graphics. :p

The game definitely has the BF4 release vibe. Take a few shots, walk around the corner and then die a delayed death. Very much reminds me of early BF4 builds.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but that would require someone to be able to spoof the Nvidia game redemption system & Activision/Blizzard's DRM while allowing someone to download and play online with legitimate players. I've never heard of such a thing and if that is indeed possible, they have some big issues on their hands. Essentially what you're saying is someone out there can generate (mostly) legit working keys and redeem them (mostly) successfully and Activision will foot the bandwidth bill. Do you have proof of this because I'd love to see it. If true maybe I bought one of these "semi cracked" product codes.

What do the numbers in the lower left mean? I checked youtube and other people had them as well, not sure if that means something is out of the ordinary?

View attachment 195480

You have a Cop in the lobby lol on the other team.

yeah love the graphics too. Also multiplayer its a awesome thing here too:)

Check the bus. And that was near the end of a match so the textures should've loaded by then.

I am pretty sure that is with RTX on, assuming it works in MP. Didn't find it to be that great looking but the outdoor setting doesn't lend itself very well to being very noticeable unlike Control of Metro.

Frame rate wise, from what I did in the campaign, RTX is perfectly playable all maxed out at 2560x1440 with a regular RTX 2070. But there is a lot of LoD pop in and whatnot which negates any potential eye candy RTX can bring, IMO.

My son got to play it on his PC before I got home today to fire it up for the first time on my PC. He was already complaining about the stuttering in the cutscenes and didn't know if it was his PC or what, I thought it might have been due to his slower HDD he installed it on since his SSD is full. But I have it on my 2TB NVME drive and just started it up and sure enough the cut scenes are hanging like crazy and getting out of sync, so there's no way it's a disk usage issue like IW is claiming.

Other than that, I seem to be getting 60-80 FPS most of the time completely maxed out with DXR enabled at 3440x1440 on my 2080, so I'm good with that esp with G-Sync for the occasional dips I see below 60.

So just got this game, how does cross play work? If I just plug in and use a controller will it auto pair me with other controller noobs and consoles?

So just got this game, how does cross play work? If I just plug in and use a controller will it auto pair me with other controller noobs and consoles?

im not sure what happens when you plug in a controller on PC, but I can tell you just using standard KB/M it auto-matches you with everyone - PC, XBOX, PS. Cross play is freaking fantastic and I think this game is setting the tone for all future MP games.

im not sure what happens when you plug in a controller on PC, but I can tell you just using standard KB/M it auto-matches you with everyone - PC, XBOX, PS. Cross play is freaking fantastic and I think this game is setting the tone for all future MP games.
Just came back to update, got home and fired it up. Plugged in an Xbox one controller and was paired with all Xbox and PS4 players so it works perfectly. All the comforts of couch cod gaming with the joys of 140+fps and good graphics lol

The cut scenes stutter and hang up a little on my machine. I have all the latest drivers, OS patches, and I'm running on an SSD that's no where near full.

I had the exact same issue. RTX 2070 with the latest drivers, installed on an SSD that is 60% full. Some scenes were worse, some were not that bad.

Ja, it's installed on my 970 Pro that is about half full and the cutscenes stutter like crazy. No issues in the actual game.

Possible stupid question: How do I turn on HDR? I don't see any obvious graphics settings to do so. (Note I have HDR disabled in Windows; this hasn't been a problem in the past).

Possible stupid question: How do I turn on HDR? I don't see any obvious graphics settings to do so. (Note I have HDR disabled in Windows; this hasn't been a problem in the past).

Apparently it has to be on in Windows for you to be able to select it in game.

On a side note I really can’t play the game. It momentarily freezes and stutters in mp every few secs. This did not happen in the beta. Latest drivers installed. I’ve tried turning off all over lays and background processes. Changed prices affinity etc no help. It’s really starting to piss me off. Anyone experience this?

On a side note I really can’t play the game. It momentarily freezes and stutters in mp every few secs. This did not happen in the beta. Latest drivers installed. I’ve tried turning off all over lays and background processes. Changed prices affinity etc no help. It’s really starting to piss me off. Anyone experience this?

I've seen stuttering in the pre-rendered cutscenes (which is funny - thought the point of pre-rendering was to ensure smooth and consistent playback) and also a couple of the in-game cutscenes. During gameplay on both the campaign and while playing co-op with my son last night, the game played perfectly.

I kinda don't want to play the campaign anymore until they patch the stuttering issue though so I'm not severely annoyed at the scenes hanging and audio losing sync with the characters, totally ruining the experience for me.

I've seen stuttering in the pre-rendered cutscenes (which is funny - thought the point of pre-rendering was to ensure smooth and consistent playback) and also a couple of the in-game cutscenes. During gameplay on both the campaign and while playing co-op with my son last night, the game played perfectly.

I kinda don't want to play the campaign anymore until they patch the stuttering issue though so I'm not severely annoyed at the scenes hanging and audio losing sync with the characters, totally ruining the experience for me.

So after trying evrything I finally figured out the problem. I run SLI 1080ti's and since the game only uses one card I tried last night and this morning multiple times in the driver profile to use only one card just in case sli was casuing an issue but it wouldn't me for some reason. I have never had a problem over the years doing this when necessary. So then as a last resort it occured to me this might be an SLI issue since even though the game only uses one card at the driver level in the profile it's defaulting to the global SLI profile for the game which I can't change. So I turned off SLI at the global level. Meaning off period. SLI disabled. Low and behold go back into the menu optimize shaders and not one stutter or freeze. A fucking bullshit SLI issue which I place directly on Nvidia. How can you not test this? On a game your supporting and marketing with activision. Disgraceful. I knew from 2 years ago my next build wouldn't be an sli build and as if I needed any more confirmation. Just pisses me off. Major AAA title no SLI support is bad enough but to have to jump through hops to figure out why it was causing an issue too? fuck that. Anyway in case anyone else has this issue you know what to try.

Curious if the few sli/nvlink people left here have run into this issue?

So after trying evrything I finally figured out the problem. I run SLI 1080ti's and since the game only uses one card I tried last night and this morning multiple times in the driver profile to use only one card just in case sli was casuing an issue but it wouldn't me for some reason. I have never had a problem over the years doing this when necessary. So then as a last resort it occured to me this might be an SLI issue since even though the game only uses one card at the driver level in the profile it's defaulting to the global SLI profile for the game which I can't change. So I turned off SLI at the global level. Meaning off period. SLI disabled. Low and behold go back into the menu optimize shaders and not one stutter or freeze. A fucking bullshit SLI issue which I place directly on Nvidia. How can you not test this? On a game your supporting and marketing with activision. Disgraceful. I knew from 2 years ago my next build wouldn't be an sli build and as if I needed any more confirmation. Just pisses me off. Major AAA title no SLI support is bad enough but to have to jump through hops to figure out why it was causing an issue too? fuck that. Anyway in case anyone else has this issue you know what to try.

no way you could be the only one experiencing that issue bro. I left the SLI world many years ago for just this reason.

One of my comps has a single 1080Ti @2560x1440 and my other comp a 2070 Super @ 2560x1440

Both run equally amazing and crush every thing available comfortably.

I could care less about 4K gaming as long as I got my 144hz 1440p

BTW, Modern Warfare runs buttery smooth on both setups.

The HDR option is under General, not Graphics, and you do need the the HDR option in Windows Display Settings enabled.

Last edited:
Looks like another ~8GB updated is being pushed out today. Downloading it now.

As for performance, so far the lowest spec computer I've run it on is a 2600k @ 4.4GHz paired with a 1060 6GB pushing a 1080p ultrawide. (2560x1080) and the game runs smooth there as well. FPS isn't high, but it is smooth and very playable. Not necessarily competitive with 100+ FPS players.

As for performance, so far the lowest spec computer I've run it on is a 2600k @ 4.4GHz paired with a 1060 6GB pushing a 1080p ultrawide. (2560x1080) and the game runs smooth there as well. FPS isn't high, but it is smooth and very playable. Not necessarily competitive with 100+ FPS players.

downloading the update now.

Pretty sure there's more to the stuttering than the SLI issue, since most people are seeing it on non-SLI systems like mine with a 2080 and my son's with a RX 580.

I saw one Redditor claim disabling the Nvidia overlay in the Geforce experience menu fixed it for him, but that didn't work for me.

If you had that stuttering issue mentioned above, please let us know if this patch fixed it. I won't know until I get home later tonight and then wait another hour or so for that to DL on my slow 15 Mb connection.

Pretty sure there's more to the stuttering than the SLI issue, since most people are seeing it on non-SLI systems like mine with a 2080 and my son's with a RX 580.

I saw one Redditor claim disabling the Nvidia overlay in the Geforce experience menu fixed it for him, but that didn't work for me.

If you had that stuttering issue mentioned above, please let us know if this patch fixed it. I won't know until I get home later tonight and then wait another hour or so for that to DL on my slow 15 Mb connection.

I'm seeing the stuttering issue in the cut scenes with a factory overclocked RTX 2080 Ti.

To be honest I haven’t tried the sp yet. So my experience is mp only. My issue was definitely related to my sli being enabled at all. Even though the game only uses one card. For some reason the profile for the game was set to run sli and I couldn’t change it to single card only in the driver profile. So I had to disable sli on my system entirely to be able to play without issue.

i played mp about two hours this morning post patch and it ran great. Running 5930k @4.4ghz and two 1080ti’s. Well one for this game. Display is the Allen ware 3440x1440 @120hz. High FPS around 110 ish to lowest side 70++ pending on situation. Usually hangs around 90 something FPS.

My issue was not the same issue allot of people are complaining about regarding cut scenes in sp.

To be honest I haven’t tried the sp yet. So my experience is mp only. My issue was definitely related to my sli being enabled at all. Even though the game only uses one card. For some reason the profile for the game was set to run sli and I couldn’t change it to single card only in the driver profile. So I had to disable sli on my system entirely to be able to play without issue.

i played mp about two hours this morning post patch and it ran great. Running 5930k @4.4ghz and two 1080ti’s. Well one for this game. Display is the Allen ware 3440x1440 @120hz. High FPS around 110 ish to lowest side 70++ pending on situation. Usually hangs around 90 something FPS.

My issue was not the same issue allot of people are complaining about regarding cut scenes in sp.

I never got stuttering in MP, just texture, LOD, and disappearing textures depending on angle. And blurred out ones like in the screen shot above.

I'm questioning the anti cheat in this game because I played a game with someone who was tracking me consistently through multiple walls (well, from inside a wall and through buses). He would keep his gun trained on me as I zig-zagged 100 or so in game feet between buses while he was sitting in a shop, face to the wall. It would start right at the beginning of the kill cam, and his gun was kept precisely on me the entire time until I came into sight. Even with someone spotting (which wouldn't be possible on this map due to buses obscuring line of sight) I can't see how someone could track that well without a visual for that long. This was on the London map with the buses. Kept watching his kill cam and for me he kept tracking me with insane precision through multiple layers. Noticed he was taking down team members with zero issue as well.

Perhaps the kill cam was bugged, but his KDR was something like 40 to 2 and the kill cap was 75, so he had around half of his team's kills. Considering how he would precisely time and time again have no issue surprising multiple people from multiple angles/approaches something makes me think something was going on. Hopefully there isn't something like the BFV white out map exploit going on.

Never been a good anti cheat in any of the P2P CODs. So more than likely it was probably an ESP hack

I never got stuttering in MP, just texture, LOD, and disappearing textures depending on angle. And blurred out ones like in the screen shot above.

I'm questioning the anti cheat in this game because I played a game with someone who was tracking me consistently through multiple walls (well, from inside a wall and through buses). He would keep his gun trained on me as I zig-zagged 100 or so in game feet between buses while he was sitting in a shop, face to the wall. It would start right at the beginning of the kill cam, and his gun was kept precisely on me the entire time until I came into sight. Even with someone spotting (which wouldn't be possible on this map due to buses obscuring line of sight) I can't see how someone could track that well without a visual for that long. This was on the London map with the buses. Kept watching his kill cam and for me he kept tracking me with insane precision through multiple layers. Noticed he was taking down team members with zero issue as well.

Perhaps the kill cam was bugged, but his KDR was something like 40 to 2 and the kill cap was 75, so he had around half of his team's kills. Considering how he would precisely time and time again have no issue surprising multiple people from multiple angles/approaches something makes me think something was going on. Hopefully there isn't something like the BFV white out map exploit going on.
This is one of the main reasons why i stopped playing MW way back in the day. Hackers totally start to take over.....even with it being out for less than a week.....it ruins the community for me.

3600, 1060 6GB, 1080 @60hz, single monitor.

yay or nay?

Should run perfectly fine at 1080. I have a Ryzen 2700X and RTX 2070 and run at 2560x1440 without issue. With RTX on I must be getting 60-80 frame rates. Only on one map do I see a bit of a slow down (around 50-60 frame rates inside a shop) so I might turn it off. Your PC is lower but you're running at a lower resolution so assuming you turn RTX off you performance should be perfectly fine.

I'm eye balling the above, but the game feels consistently smooth. Typically when frame rates hit 50 I start to notice. Will run some type of FPS counter to check. Is there an in game one?

yay or nay?
well its not 1:1 my 1080 pulls 140+fps @ 1080p with pretty much everything set to high so I see 0 reason why your 1060 cant hold 60fps solid. im actually just downloading and installing to my laptop now whihc runs a i7 8750h and a gtx 1060 so I'll let you know how it runs when thats done.

yay or nay?

Yup, my son's 2600 and RX 580 8GB, which is about the same as a 1060 6 GB, runs it mostly maxed at 1080p just fine. The game scales and performs very well across the whole PC spectrum, as it should for the market they want to hit.

I'm installing the 8ish GB patch now.. has anyone else tested cutscenes with this patch yet?

mmk. ordered. downloading now. This thing is no joke, 119gb?

I'm probably the worst at MP games so I'm looking at quite a few sleepless nights coming up. greaaaaaaat

mmk. ordered. downloading now. This thing is no joke, 119gb?

I'm probably the worst at MP games so I'm looking at quite a few sleepless nights coming up. greaaaaaaat
You'll enjoy it, I've only got a few matches in so far but the gameplay has been very smooth and fun. Make sure your speakers are up loud, footsteps are super noticable in this game and can get you killed or get you kills very easy

You'll enjoy it, I've only got a few matches in so far but the gameplay has been very smooth and fun. Make sure your speakers are up loud, footsteps are super noticable in this game and can get you killed or get you kills very easy
I use headphones 95% of the time. I've got a young wee-one so I can't really disturb them. I also really cannot play while they're awake. We're pretty strong on the no screen time with them, so that pretty much leaves an hour after bedtime to play. Come winter time, I'll probably take a day or two off of work to game.

We'll see how it pans out. Never played a COD game. I did a BF game years, and years, and YEARS ago. I don't even know which one it was. I was awful. Never got to enjoy it because I was so bad. I'll see how bad this goes I guess.

The cut scenes stutter and hang up a little on my machine. I have all the latest drivers, OS patches, and I'm running on an SSD that's no where near full.
They always stuttered for me too but now after the latest patch, it worse. I cannot even play campaign, it crashes to the desk top as soon as a cut scene begins. Multiplayer has no issues. Just campaign. I played it through already with no issues but started again at high difficulty to tune up for MP but no go after the latest update. Now I have to suffer the humiliation of ineptitude in MP for a bit until i get the lay of the land.

Yup, my son's 2600 and RX 580 8GB, which is about the same as a 1060 6 GB, runs it mostly maxed at 1080p just fine. The game scales and performs very well across the whole PC spectrum, as it should for the market they want to hit.

I'm installing the 8ish GB patch now.. has anyone else tested cutscenes with this patch yet?
Yes and it made it worse for me, now the rig crashes instead of stuttering during cutscenes

Well this game no longer runs on my machine. You go to start or resume the single player campaign and it crashes to desktop loading the level. I've even gone into safe mode and set everything up again and that doesn't work. Nothing's changed on my system since I installed it. Awesome. Simply awesome.

EDIT #1: Fixed it. I had to restart the game in safe mode and then recache the shaders. I set the options back up and then restarted the mission I was on from the beginning. I'm not sure which thing I did to fix the issue worked but it did.

EDIT #2: I completed the single player campaign last night. It took about 5 or 6 hours. I'm sure you could do it faster if you wanted to. I probably enjoyed the sights a bit too much, and had gotten a little stuck on a couple of the non-shooting missions.

The single player campaign was a damn fine experience. I don't know if I'd say it was worth $60, but that's only because of the short length. However, I will replay it again at some point. It was at least as good if not better than the single player campaign in the original CoD4:MW.

Last edited:
Back