Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is $4.99 on amazon. *sigh*

If $5 is not the right price for this game, it's pretty close. Should be worth it for the SP

$5 bucks is what the game is worth. I paid $30 and thought it was worth that and no more. Its MW3 that isnt worth squat.

Dammit, I just bought this from besbuy a few weeks ago for $15 and I lost my receipt. I only play MW for the SP, and I started in reverse with MW3.

I bit. Enjoyed SP enough on 360 when I had it. I'd pay $5 to play through again...

Dammit, I just bought this from besbuy a few weeks ago for $15 and I lost my receipt. I only play MW for the SP, and I started in reverse with MW3.
I thought I was the only person who did this :D. I still need a sale or coupon on MW1. Going to do a marathon SP campaign run through all three once I get MW1.

Seriously killer deal for a seriously great game (and yes, I'm serious) :)

If you can't find pleasure in the CO-OP with a friend, then you shouldn't be gaming. Or you hate FPS games. I put a sick amount of hours into the co-op with a friend, and both of my kids. Really fun, and the veteran difficulty is crazy hard.

Final ! I snagged that cheap game I always want to get it but not my budget from $15 to 30 MEH, $ 5 bucks sure thing, I never been played on MW2 at all and heard lot of negative about this game.

Thanks OP !

Well, I played all the ones before this so I'll bite for single player.

Thanks

Edit: Oh it activates on Steam... nice...

Last edited:
haha $25 for console. weak.

still had like $140 in GCs so i bit. thx op. :)

I've always told myself I'd pick these up when they're $5. So I might as well do so.

Seriously killer deal for a seriously great game (and yes, I'm serious) :)

If you can't find pleasure in the CO-OP with a friend, then you shouldn't be gaming. Or you hate FPS games. I put a sick amount of hours into the co-op with a friend, and both of my kids. Really fun, and the veteran difficulty is crazy hard.
^This.

The Spec-Ops portion of this game is awesome, best part of the game IMO. An absolute steal for $5. I put in so many hours in this portion of the game with friends, and still go back to it from time to time.

I know hating on all things CoD is the in thing, but honestly if you can ignore all the hyperbolic hate for CoD echoing around the internets, MW2 has a lot to offer, and for $5 is screaming [H]ot!

How's the multiplayer? Is it full of hackers? I know there are no dedicated servers, but just how bad is it? $5 is hard to pass up, so let me know what you think.

How's the multiplayer? Is it full of hackers? I know there are no dedicated servers, but just how bad is it? $5 is hard to pass up, so let me know what you think.

The game was full of hackers within the first month. I haven't played it for a long time on PC so I do not know what the MP community is like nowadays.

At that point it's not a matter of price, but of time. I have a backlog of games to keep up with. I did try the free multiplayer weekend a while ago. $5 just isn't motivating when more fun stuff is either on the horizon or in my backlog.

I'm certain there's still hackers and you'll likely run into them on a daily/weekly basis, but if that's the case I usually just find another lobby.

I also recommend AlterIW (google it) if you want to play on dedicated servers with somewhat "better" cheat detection (better being the debatable word), and AlterIW at least gives you different game types (gun game, zombies, etc.) that you can't really get in the original.

At that point it's not a matter of price, but of time. I have a backlog of games to keep up with. I did try the free multiplayer weekend a while ago. $5 just isn't motivating when more fun stuff is either on the horizon or in my backlog.

ARE WHY WERENT YOU ON THE FIRST PAGE!!??

dammit add me to the list of sellouts. Made my roommate pay for it so it doesn't count!

If it weren't for having to buy another $30 worth of DLC I would bite on this deal. The community is still kicking unlike black ops.

If $5 is not the right price for this game, it's pretty close. Should be worth it for the SP

That's what I figured, too. At $5 I'll play it for the SP... no way would I buy it at anything more, let alone for the multi. Frankly though I'm wondering why I did it since I have so many better games backlogged :eek:.

I actually just bought MW3 for $40 off amazon. I am actually surprised at how few people are playing it online.

Do any of the other MW's have more people still playing them?

How many co-op missions are there for the "Spec Ops" game mode? 20? 10?

Is it worth buying for Spec Ops co-op alone?

How many co-op missions are there for the "Spec Ops" game mode? 20? 10?

Is it worth buying for Spec Ops co-op alone?
Spec-Ops has 23 co-op missions, and to answer your question, yes, MW2 is well worth $5 for that portion of the game alone.

Picked it up, bought COD4 a year ago and loved it (took me a couple months of on and off play to finish it :O). Nice heads up on deal.

They're speculating on the Steam forums that MW3 is going to be having a free weekend soon, so I'm crossing my fingers that they'll have a 75% off on MW1 as well. Only game out of the three that isn't Steamworks and you can't get the Steam version from other places like Amazon. $5 on it and it's a done deal for me.

Back