Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

I am having a blast with MP. It's the only MP that satiates my need for killing people.
Gunplay is so dope. Why can't BF2042 be like this. I still need to try SMGs. Any tips on which one to start with?

I have been playing Overwatch 2 and loving it. Good variety of weapons from the different heroes very satisfying very fun.

I’m old enough to remember when we all thought mouse and keyboard would curb stomp controllers even with their aim assist. It wasn’t until the last few years where they started doing cross play that we all found out the hard way.

Aim assist has been this way forever too. It’s even stronger in some of the old halo games. You don’t even need to be using your left stick at all and it will track left to right as well as vertical.

What really needs to happen is gyroscope needs to be more of a thing, but it never will be with aim assist being so strong and players bitching that they no longer have their crutch and actually have to aim themselves.

I have been playing Overwatch 2 and loving it. Good variety of weapons from the different heroes very satisfying very fun.
My daughter keeps bugging me to get Overwatch II
I know it’s FPS. Is fast & smooth game play?

I'm thinking about doing a charge back with Blizzard since I don't give a shit about that account anymore. My reasoning will be false advertisement, which I feel it is. There is zero mention to anyone purchasing the game that controller players basically have a free aimbot.

I’m old enough to remember when we all thought mouse and keyboard would curb stomp controllers even with their aim assist. It wasn’t until the last few years where they started doing cross play that we all found out the hard way.

Aim assist has been this way forever too. It’s even stronger in some of the old halo games. You don’t even need to be using your left stick at all and it will track left to right as well as vertical.

What really needs to happen is gyroscope needs to be more of a thing, but it never will be with aim assist being so strong and players bitching that they no longer have their crutch and actually have to aim themselves.
I just uninstalled halo MCC off my pc too. I was wondering why I was not owning gamepad noobs when I was the only KBM in the match and on my 4k240 G8 no less.

Fuck that shit. Looks like BF2042 is the only fps I'm gonna play for a while as it's the most tolerable balance between kbm and consoletards

I don't like the whole "hero" system that Overwatch and Overwatch 2 use. I don't have a problem with it in the sense that it's different and those games don't play like other MP shooters and that's fine. However, it's not for me. People who play Battlefield and Call of Duty typically aren't looking for that type of experience which is partly why BF2042 went over like a turd in a punch bowl.

https://twitter.com/ModernWarzone/status/1589032175248502785?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1589032175248502785|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

^^ OMFG..... I will never reinstall this Dogshit lol...I'm so done with COD. MY GAAAWWWDDDD

Aim assist TO THE MOON DUUURRRRRRRRRR!

Holy Cow COD has become the Brawndo of FPS......its got what plants crave!!!!

What an absolute clown-world joke. And there are tons of people defending this stupid shit. Mind blown.

Still can't get MW2 to play...and this isn't my first rodeo. Shit is ridiculous.

I've reset my PW...twice. You can go onto Steam and associate your account with Activision (did that). You can go onto Activision and associate your account with Steam (did that too). Still getting the 'invalid password' message. I've got an hour into it, if I can't get it working today I'm asking for a refund. Just nonsense.

Still can't get MW2 to play...and this isn't my first rodeo. Shit is ridiculous.

I've reset my PW...twice. You can go onto Steam and associate your account with Activision (did that). You can go onto Activision and associate your account with Steam (did that too). Still getting the 'invalid password' message. I've got an hour into it, if I can't get it working today I'm asking for a refund. Just nonsense.
4dt9.gif
https://tenor.com/4dt9.gif

At this point the controller aimbot should just pull the trigger as well. It will only get worse with COD. They have to lower the skill ceiling to the floor so the trash kids will stick with the game and buy skins and passes. Gotta keep milking the cash cow.

At this point the controller aimbot should just pull the trigger as well. It will only get worse with COD. They have to lower the skill ceiling to the floor so the trash kids will stick with the game and buy skins and passes. Gotta keep milking the cash cow.

Basically the gist of it. Like our whole society, everything going to the lowest common denominator.

I am fine. Still kicking console kiddies asses. Not sure what the issue is. Might be PC gamers feeling all nub 👀

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Basically the gist of it. Like our whole society, everything going to the lowest common denominator.
Lets also not forget about those patented algorithms to keep players "engaged" by influencing matchmaking results to maximize potential microtransactions.

The "OG" patent:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160005270A1/en

Some good-old-fashioned sleuthing:
https://old.reddit.com/r/modernwarf..._design_proof_of_sbmm_and_how_its_even_worse/
https://old.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kezwxw/activision_files_patent_to_negatively_impact/

At this point you're not playing the game but are instead being played.

WTF. Just asked Steam for refund. Not playing against built in aimbot BS. Goddamn game developers these days are so infuriating.

Did you run into a bunch of that?

The snipers are incredibly stupid, watched a stream last night where a guy with a laser on his sniper was just running thru everyone hip firing.

Did you run into a bunch of that?

The snipers are incredibly stupid, watched a stream last night where a guy with a laser on his sniper was just running thru everyone hip firing.

Ya I had no idea the game was going to be this ridiculous.

Ya I had no idea the game was going to be this ridiculous.
I’ve never seen anyone run thru like they were packing dual fmg9s, the old view kick headshot mac10s, dually shotguns, quite that random with the sniper last night.

Just the fact there’s a laser attachment for a sniper at launch with no movement penalty makes me feel like we get trolled hard from release to the end of Xmas noob season.

There's an obvious solution to aim assist: Just grant it to KBM players too; fairs fair.

Other random thoughts from a guy who's probably a .9 KDR these days (with the occasional 40:20 thrown in):

• The only map I really dislike is the border one, since it's thoroughly unoriginal in design
  • Gunplay is solid across the board, though I'm noting ADS is king due to the relatively low TTK
  • It's too easy for Sniper/Marksman/Battle Rifles to hip-fire kill at close range; I get it but wish it could be mitigated somehow
  • Pretty much all the Snipers 1-shot to the body at any range; this really needs to be toned down at least somewhat
    • I get it for the .50 Cal, but ALL OF THEM?
  • Battle Rifles are REALLY good...as long as you aren't fighting a sniper
  • Most of the ARs are solid (Kastov 545) to excellent (M4/Kastov 762)
    • Except the TAC, which is trash. No 3-kill to chest makes it useless
  • Shotguns stacking Pellet Tightness + Range continues to be a thing. SMGs are getting pinched as a result.

Lets also not forget about those patented algorithms to keep players "engaged" by influencing matchmaking results to maximize potential microtransactions.

The "OG" patent:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160005270A1/en

Some good-old-fashioned sleuthing:
https://old.reddit.com/r/modernwarf..._design_proof_of_sbmm_and_how_its_even_worse/
https://old.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kezwxw/activision_files_patent_to_negatively_impact/

At this point you're not playing the game but are instead being played.
RIP Video game hobby. Well at least for mainstream anyway.

I miss the days when video games were niche, ideas were new and original, new tech seemed magical, and everybody was not trying to climb over each other for their 15 minutes of fame.

My daughter keeps bugging me to get Overwatch II
I know it’s FPS. Is fast & smooth game play?
Ya It's the closest thing to the original Unreal Tournament games that I grew up on. I personally dislike battle royals. I have never been used to not being able to respawn after dieing. I'm an arena shooter player fully I can't wait to respawn it needs to be instantaneous lmao. That's why I love OverWatch and have 2000 hours playing with friends over the years. The action is fast and intense team play is key and the heroes unique abilities are so satisfying along with their ultimates and ultimate combos you can do with mates. It's just fantastic.

I don't like the whole "hero" system that Overwatch and Overwatch 2 use. I don't have a problem with it in the sense that it's different and those games don't play like other MP shooters and that's fine. However, it's not for me. People who play Battlefield and Call of Duty typically aren't looking for that type of experience which is partly why BF2042 went over like a turd in a punch bowl.
I played Battlefield 4 from beginning to end for about 5 years through It's lifespan. Then OverWatch for the past 5 years. What don't you like about the hero system? Just different characters with different abilities for some different flavors of weapons etc. I'm the opposite of you It's the diversity that I crave where as in BF or COD It's basically a military shooter mostly same automatic machine guns etc after years of machine guns a change of pace with different weapons and abilities is definitely in order lol

Unless the expansion is campaign based and brings over a lot of new weapons and maps (for TDM, the vehicle modes in CoD are awful) that seems like a rip off.

"Hey guys, lets charge $70 for a game that has like 12 guns in 2022 despite being one of the most profitable game companies in the world. We were too lazy to port over all those cool ones from MW. Lets charge them another $40 next year so we can add another 12 guns and 5 maps! If we're lucky they'll get a 2 hours on rails campaign expansion! Oh I know what they want, more alien heads and rainbow pants that they can spend real money to buy. Yes, a paid expansion makes so much sense!"

And they released with a crappy controller aimbot. Gaming companies do suck. They're talking about paid expansions when they ruin the cosmetics with paid micro transactions and up the price by $10. Pick one, paid mico-transactions or paid expansions. Not both you cheap bastards.

*If this info turns out to be false, I'll still consider them cheap for the small gun selection and high price tag on release.

I loved MW1. That's why I had high hopes for MW2, I'll still get it for the campaign though, but it can wait. I'm not in a real rush to play it.

Last edited:
You guys refunding faster than me I refunded twice before even playing the Beta.

Last edited:
Back