Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

I'll never buy a COD again if they don't fix this, honestly. It was already getting bad, but was at least on the edge of tolerable in the most recent games. But this? I'm done.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty confident they won't fix this if it wasn't fixed in beta. God forbid they piss off all the controller/console players.

On the topic of aimbots, EA want to not only have a dynamic aimbot setting, but they also want to adjust your controller settings based on skill. What the fuck is wrong with developers?

https://gamesual.com/news/ea-patent-automated-controller-settings/
Brings the kids/idiot masses in. These games are going to get to the point that you won't even have to move your character around on your own anymore, and you don't even aim. It'll be like Duck Hunt on NES or something, but even that had you aiming. So you sit there like a bumbling idiot, drooling, sitting in a pile of your own shit, and you just mash the fire button like it's a quick-time-event. The race to the bottom is accelerating.

I already largely stopped playing FPS games online years ago after the influx of radars with detailed maps. I still occasionally have fun in some games, but the aimbot in this and Halo Infinite is enough to get me to stop indefinitely.

AMD does pretty good in this title. The 4090 is just crushing everything, even at 4K.

People are still getting banned no way am I picking this up just to banned for life for no reason.

People are still getting banned no way am I picking this up just to banned for life for no reason.
Remember - You'll get banned for running MSI Afterburner overlay, but the gamepad user still gets aimbot.

I already swore off COD once, after BO2 I think, skipped everything since, then they released 2019, which was damn good and scratched the casual MP FPS itch I always have. Cold War wasn’t as good but I still enjoyed it, and now this, which I was maybe only excited for because they called it MW2, which was among my favorites if not my favorite, and they share nothing in common. I don’t know what my point is, this just sucks, I want my $70 back.

I'll never buy a COD again if they don't fix this, honestly. It was already getting bad, but was at least on the edge of tolerable in the most recent games. But this? I'm done.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty confident they won't fix this if it wasn't fixed in beta. God forbid they piss off all the controller/console players.
The vast majority of players use controllers. What do they care if they lose a PC gamer? Either the PC gamer will convert, or it's a price worth paying.

So, I posted my video on reddit and the steam forums, and it's amazing at how many people claimed that it was a hack, and not aim assist. But like I said, I have proof he was a console player using a controller. The game tells you what platform they're on, and what control scheme they're using.

Rather, it's a situation I feel most people just don't want to believe that aim assist is that strong, because that means they might not be as good as they feel they are in reality.

Like I've stated earlier, I've used a mouse & keyboard adapter before on the console, and it quadrupled my kdr. And I could certainly feel when the aim assist took over. Because I have a few decades of experience with mouse & keyboard, I know about where I should be looking or turning, so when it feels like I'm fighting the game to move, I know that's the aim assist taking over. But if you don't have that much experience, the enemy is moving to the right, and you're moving to the right, and you kill them, and you believe it's just a normal kill.

But you can watch a kill cam and notice the difference between keyboard & mouse users, and controller users. The people to use the mouse to aim will constantly be adjusting their aim. The kill cam will have the player spraying over a fairly large area, missing a few shots before making the key shots. The people using a controller with aim assist will be dead center at all times on the opponent.

The vast majority of players use controllers. What do they care if they lose a PC gamer? Either the PC gamer will convert, or it's a price worth paying.

So, I posted my video on reddit and the steam forums, and it's amazing at how many people claimed that it was a hack, and not aim assist. But like I said, I have proof he was a console player using a controller. The game tells you what platform they're on, and what control scheme they're using.

Rather, it's a situation I feel most people just don't want to believe that aim assist is that strong, because that means they might not be as good as they feel they are in reality.

Like I've stated earlier, I've used a mouse & keyboard adapter before on the console, and it quadrupled my kdr. And I could certainly feel when the aim assist took over. Because I have a few decades of experience with mouse & keyboard, I know about where I should be looking or turning, so when it feels like I'm fighting the game to move, I know that's the aim assist taking over. But if you don't have that much experience, the enemy is moving to the right, and you're moving to the right, and you kill them, and you believe it's just a normal kill.

But you can watch a kill cam and notice the difference between keyboard & mouse users, and controller users. The people to use the mouse to aim will constantly be adjusting their aim. The kill cam will have the player spraying over a fairly large area, missing a few shots before making the key shots. The people using a controller with aim assist will be dead center at all times on the opponent.
100%. The aimbot is obvious with the controller users. Your video being the most. The other obvious one is when they fly around corners and instantly lock onto your guy with perfect accuracy.

First person shooters are meant for keyboard + mouse.

Kiddy console controllers are meant for Super Mario Bros games.

Aim assist should never be in games.

Nvidia fixes Modern Warfare 2 bug in its latest GeForce driver

This hotfix addresses the following issues:

-[Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II] Flashing corruption can be seen randomly while playing the game. [3829010]
-VTube Studio may crash to black screen [3838158]
-GPU stuck in P0 state after exiting certain games. [3846389]

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5407?=&linkId=100000160256647

100%. The aimbot is obvious with the controller users. Your video being the most. The other obvious one is when they fly around corners and instantly lock onto your guy with perfect accuracy.
So, I tried plugging in a controller. Now, I'm terrible with a controller, mind you. But yeah, if I just did a little wiggle, small enough that typically I'd barely ever saw any real movement, it would swing wildly in the direction of an opponent, even though they were around a corner, where I typically should never have been able to see them.

It's hard to display in a video, but in real life, you can definitely know where opponents are, because you can feel the aim assist at work.

Honestly, I just don't know how to counter this.

I said screw it and just started playing invasion, and turns out I do really well sniping.

I haven't played a FPS with a controller seriously since Halo 2. Hell, I only just recently started playing anything with a controller so I could manage Elden Ring, so it's unlikely that even if I did decide to plug one in for this that it'd do me much good, and even if it did, fuck that.

Still, these asshats have my money so I'm going to try and play enough to get my money's worth. There's so much else that sucks too though, the perk system, the daily challenges that require unlocks you probably won't have early on, even the way you unlock attachments for weapons. All around just reeeally not happy with this one. I'm guessing I'll eventually find a loadout and game-type that I'll get into a swing of, always preferred burst weapons in COD so working on the M16 now, but yeah, this just sucks for the most part.

OK, I managed to get a great capture.

I do a tiny little wiggle as you can see. I am not moving my cursor at all after the wiggle. As you'll notice, it practically moves directly to where the enemies are, even though they're behind walls, and I can't see them otherwise. And this is basically what you can do with every door, hallway, etc., to know if it's safe to enter, or if you should start prefiring.

I do a tiny little wiggle as you can see. I am not moving my cursor at all after the wiggle. As you'll notice, it practically moves directly to where the enemies are, even though they're behind walls, and I can't see them otherwise. And this is basically what you can do with every door, hallway, etc., to know if it's safe to enter, or if you should start prefiring.

I wish they'd stop with the garbage tier NC Star red dots on guns in the CoD games. No one seriously uses those in law enforcement or the military.

Anyone have issues with the game just crashing any time you try to play the campaign? I've not gotten it to load even once without crashing at this point.

Anyone have issues with the game just crashing any time you try to play the campaign? I've not gotten it to load even once without crashing at this point.
No issues so far, except for having the game having to restart to get into the mode? Strangest design decision I've ever seen.

No issues so far, except for having the game having to restart to get into the mode? Strangest design decision I've ever seen.

Sigh. I'm about to give up and refund it. No idea whats going on, no other game on this fresh built system is having issues.

Also running on a 4090. It crashes every once in a while, but not every game. Are you overclocking your card at all?

If you aren't using those hotfix drivers, it will likely have issues.

I don't know why, but I started doing better in 6v6 after switching to using the RAAL.

Mine started crashing last night. Most of the games were very laggy and choppy and I had 2 crashes before I gave up. I updated the drivers Monday but I think there is a new one that just came out so I'll try that.

My only complaint so far is how long it takes to unlock things. I've got several hours in already and I've only got 2 AR's unlocked and very few attachments. It gets boring playing with the same gun all day. I'm also not a fan of how the perks don't activate until halfway through the game.

I had to look up what the fuck a RAAL was. Now I know.

338_MG_RIGHT-PR-700x194.jpg

Is it better in MW2? I thought it kind of sucked in MW2019 but I only played hardcore where the time to kill was lower. The time it took to bring up the sights was not worth the high damage output. But the same could be said for most LMGs and sniper rifles.

After they fix up the console aim bots I hope they get to work porting all of the MW weapons and some maps over. Doubt they will but with all of the micro transaction nonsense they put in the game you'd think they could at least port more of the weapons in.

I don't know why, but I started doing better in 6v6 after switching to using the RAAL.
It’s brutal to use because of the slow aim down sight time, but it feels like one of those guns that could be really great once you level it up and add a few attachments to increase ADS and mobility. As it stands right now whenever I use it I spend more time walking around aiming down sight, moving like a sloth, than seems reasonable.

It’s brutal to use because of the slow aim down sight time, but it feels like one of those guns that could be really great once you level it up and add a few attachments to increase ADS and mobility. As it stands right now whenever I use it I spend more time walking around aiming down sight, moving like a sloth, than seems reasonable.
If you have to level up a gun and that leveling of the gun alters its stats, they've done the multiplayer wrong by design.

Perfect example of how insane this new “assist” is. It’s basically an aimbot now. If you were playing mouse in that same scenario you’d have never even known there was a person there to shoot.

Like I said, I really wish I could return this game, because I doubt this is going to be fixed. If you’re playing mouse you are at a massive disadvantage. Anyone with a controller can basically track you through walls and has zero recoil.

This is something that became an issue with Apex players.
1 argument is the "skill" is gone.
The other side is controller players focusing on the movement with gun play as a consequence.

Cod was always that tiny pixel head behind cover mouse snapping exercise, and that's changed.

People have accepted progression trees utterly changing their game experience.
Then as the bulk of players adopt a "meta", the game will change mechanics to shift players to new configs.
I preferred the idea that I play the way I want to play, but that's gone away if I want to be "competitive".

I'll play the way I want to play, or not play at all.
In the middle is annoying bc I don't feel as free to do as I wished as I used to.

If you have to level up a gun and that leveling of the gun alters its stats, they've done the multiplayer wrong by design.

Leveling guns unlocks modifications and accessories you can add/remove that alter stats.

TBH, none of the guns or modifications really make a difference. What you start with is as good as anything else, as they have this BS hidden stat where every attachment, not matter what it says, adds ADS time.

Again, the biggest issue with this game is the fact that the controller aim-assist is basically aim-bot.

This is what I was trying to get at, but maybe didn’t say well.
You said it fine, it’s all the shadowed interactions that’s annoying.

The shoot first and die phenomenon becomes breaking when controller sim assist means you can break even on those engagements.

If high framerate affects cod serverside interactions according to some videos during mw2019, then you’re playing your crutches and not a game.

WTF. Just asked Steam for refund. Not playing against built in aimbot BS. Goddamn game developers these days are so infuriating.

WTF. Just asked Steam for refund. Not playing against built in aimbot BS. Goddamn game developers these days are so infuriating.
Wish like hell I was under 2 hours so I could get one. Game is an absolute dumpster fire.

Back