Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

My biggest disappointment so far is the built in aim bot and how many console players actually think they are good because of it.

My biggest disappointment so far is the built in aim bot and how many console players actually think they are good because of it.
I think most realize. The kids won't though. I know most of the people who play this game professionally/competition scene are pretty much screaming that it needs to be disabled at the very least in competitive play because of how it's closer to aimbot versus just an assist now.

I could personally deal with the way it is right now if they would at the very least fix the fact that the assist isn't impacted at all by flash/stun grenades, and even continues to track through walls. That's the damning part of it.

Yeah, I won't ever consider buying this unless the aimbot is changed significantly.
There's hardcore come the first season. I can't count how many times I've died so far when I've landed the first shot, only to be killed because they can just hold down the trigger button. At least with HC, I won't have to worry about that.

There's hardcore come the first season. I can't count how many times I've died so far when I've landed the first shot, only to be killed because they can just hold down the trigger button. At least with HC, I won't have to worry about that.
True but I never really enjoyed instagib either :). I haven't played cod since modern warfare (the original cod4), and I recall reading in newer ones hardcore is basically one shot kills? That doesn't work for me.

I mostly play offline against bots now myself, and it's pretty good in that aspect, just need more maps. I have been enjoying the single player as well.

I still think if aimbot assist is on you receive 25% of normal exp gain, aimbot assist off you get 4x exp gain.

Don't run game recording software, don't run overlays like Afterburner, etc...

I've done all of that, and I haven't been banned yet. Not saying I won't be falsely banned, but if I had to place money on whether most of them were "falsely" banned, I'd say otherwise. Players he could trust were banned! Yeah, I'm sorry. Name recognition doesn't mean you don't cheat. I've found that the better you are, the higher odds of cheating.

Alright, they need to address aimbot assist and soon. I have noticed quite a few times now that it aims a a split second before they can see around a corner, letting them pre fire.

I have seen some high scoring PC players, but the pc players using aim assist are always higher.

Matchmaking seems to be screwed up too, been running into quite a few matches where one side dominates the other.

I mostly play offline against bots now myself, and it's pretty good in that aspect, just need more maps. I have been enjoying the single player as well.

That's an option in the MW2 2022 game?

This used to be the downer with 3arc games, now it’s a COD feature.
I couldn’t deal with the short bursts of paranoid flow in mw 2019.

Cod used to drive my pc upgrades.
I’ve played the franchise since cod 1.
I was a serious Blackout addict, but that died off.
Warzone was too much MW for me.
Sbmm turned F yeah moment into a constant rage cycle.
I didn’t even play the beta, that usually has me fired up.
Watching streams cemented “spin and die” as the core mechanic.

I’m over it.

Some other game will entice me back to wasting my time down the road.

I didn't get into the MP of the previous installment. I rather enjoyed the single player campaign for it. I might do this one since you can play with bots.

Had I not known he was on a console using a gamepad, these are the types of kills that I instantly become suspicious of. But this is the norm for this game.

Had I not known he was on a console using a gamepad, these are the types of kills that I instantly become suspicious of. But this is the norm for this game.

I started noticing controller use on blackout pc for reason of leveraging aim assist.
The edge case 1080p @200+ fps players were not frequent.
You can outplay better gear.

The cheating was something you couldn’t outplay.
Omfg was that in so many matches that it started to sour me badly.
There were certain times of day I’d avoid playing bc there were cheater sweetspot hours.

Back. In 2019 with MW1 in like 5 minutes a Nuke Went off I kinda suspected was cheaters but wasn't sure at the time.

If this game gets patched in the next two weeks I might pick it up maybe or just wait for Warhammer DarkTide friendly coop.

Last edited:

Perfect example of how insane this new “assist” is. It’s basically an aimbot now. If you were playing mouse in that same scenario you’d have never even known there was a person there to shoot.

Like I said, I really wish I could return this game, because I doubt this is going to be fixed. If you’re playing mouse you are at a massive disadvantage. Anyone with a controller can basically track you through walls and has zero recoil.

13eaic63g5281.png

That is for Halo infinite, but from what i've experienced it seems like COD is basically up to the same level of aim-assist BS as Halo now. I wouldn't doubt the stats look the same as this feels like what i'm seeing in matches. Even if you're on your A game as a mouse user, you are barely better then the average controller player. If you're playing average on mouse that day, you're completely fucked.

TLDR, you have no chance of being good with mouse+KB against your peers with a controller. Of course, this eventually balances out with matchmaking, but you're going to get completely shit on for whatever length of time the system finally determines you're worse than the masses of average controller players.

Last edited:
TLDR, you have no chance of being good with mouse+KB against your peers with a controller.
I play with a keyboard and mouse on cross play and rank #1 9 out of 10 games. I would say the console players need the assistance against great computer players.

I play with a keyboard and mouse on cross play and rank #1 9 out of 10 games. I would say the console players need the assistance against great computer players.
Doesn't matter. The fact is aim assist is giving players who play with a controller an unnatural advantage. The gap between the mean 50th percentile kb+m and controller should be very small if the developers were balancing the game correctly.

Doesn't matter. The fact is aim assist is giving players who play with a controller an unnatural advantage. The gap between the mean 50th percentile kb+m and controller should be very small if the developers were balancing the game correctly.
Doesn't even change the fact that his opinion is just wrong, when you've got the controller aimbot letting people track players through walls/flash/stuns. I could even deal with the lack of recoil if they didn't have the wallhacking/aimbotting 'assist'.

Perfect example of how insane this new “assist” is. It’s basically an aimbot now. If you were playing mouse in that same scenario you’d have never even known there was a person there to shoot.

Like I said, I really wish I could return this game, because I doubt this is going to be fixed. If you’re playing mouse you are at a massive disadvantage. Anyone with a controller can basically track you through walls and has zero recoil.

At 11 seconds the gun "wiggles" a bit. Does that alert the players to know that their auto aim is tracking someone? If intentional that is crazy.

At 11 seconds the gun "wiggles" a bit. Does that alert the players to know that their auto aim is tracking someone? If intentional that is crazy.
Yes, that's exactly what that is. It's not an 'alert', but the player at that point was still moving their joystick to look around in different directions, but the 'aim assist' (aimbot) is basically trying to snap it back into place over the enemy. Once the player stops putting in input, it's smooth tracking because the aimbot has 100% taken over. At that point, the player just needs to only understand the map layout to know when to shoot through the smoke so they don't hit the doors/wall.

It's /really/ bad with the sniper rifles this go around, because with this game it seems that they extended out the aimbotting to absurd distances. In prior games, the aim assist was a joke in close/medium range as a console player didn't have to aim and would just spin with a player moving around them. Now, it's gone so far as to do pixel perfect tracking all the way out to long distances.

If you think it's bad now in normal matches, imagine how bad this is going to be in Warzone 2.0. If you're on a mouse + keyboard you will have zero chance of ever being successful.

This is why this is so absurd, and i'm shocked anyone would defend this - Even more so absurd given that to the player there is absolutely no vision on the actual enemy.

Last edited:
As long as there is an Aimbot built-in, I will not touch the multiplayer.

Yes, that's exactly what that is. It's not an 'alert', but the player at that point was still moving their joystick to look around in different directions, but the 'aim assist' (aimbot) is basically trying to snap it back into place over the enemy. Once the player stops putting in input, it's smooth tracking because the aimbot has 100% taken over. At that point, the player just needs to only understand the map layout to know when to shoot through the smoke so they don't hit the doors/wall.

It's /really/ bad with the sniper rifles this go around, because with this game it seems that they extended out the aimbotting to absurd distances. In prior games, the aim assist was a joke in close/medium range as a console player didn't have to aim and would just spin with a player moving around them. Now, it's gone so far as to do pixel perfect tracking all the way out to long distances.

If you think it's bad now in normal matches, imagine how bad this is going to be in Warzone 2.0. If you're on a mouse + keyboard you will have zero chance of ever being successful.

This is why this is so absurd, and i'm shocked anyone would defend this - Even more so absurd given that to the player there is absolutely no vision on the actual enemy.

Yeah I will pass on this for now. MW 2019 had some ups and downs but eventually ended up getting it working fairly well. Maybe when they fix this, release hard core, and I'll get it.

Besides the amount of guns this game has at launch is lame. Pretty much everything from 2019 is missing, considering how similar the tech is that is kind of embarrassing. I'm sure some will be readded over time but still, lame given the budget and $70. If you're charging $70 for a game and you have this kind of a budget I expect more than 12-15 guns in your shooter.

Earlier today, someone posted a video of a streamer getting a massive kill streak. Basically before every turn of a corner, the guy wiggled a little bit, which allowed him to start pre-firing while turning a corner, or just run on through. It's hard to demonstrate through a video of when you know a player is there, but it's one thing I've noticed when playing with aim assist, is that the movement feels "off" when an enemy is around another corner, if that makes any sense.

That was basically one of the signs I used in years past to know if a person was aim botting and wall hacking. The better players who cheat don't make it obvious about epileptic seizure snapping. Rather, you look at their guess ratio of when to pre-fire turning corners. I.e. If they always guessed right, that was a tell tale sign of cheating. But now any controller user gets that free knowledge.

Earlier today, someone posted a video of a streamer getting a massive kill streak. Basically before every turn of a corner, the guy wiggled a little bit, which allowed him to start pre-firing while turning a corner, or just run on through. It's hard to demonstrate through a video of when you know a player is there, but it's one thing I've noticed when playing with aim assist, is that the movement feels "off" when an enemy is around another corner, if that makes any sense.

That was basically one of the signs I used in years past to know if a person was aim botting and wall hacking. The better players who cheat don't make it obvious about epileptic seizure snapping. Rather, you look at their guess ratio of when to pre-fire turning corners. I.e. If they always guessed right, that was a tell tale sign of cheating. But now any controller user gets that free knowledge.

I felt this was happening to me in the beta. Something felt off as whenever someone rounded a corner I would often go down very quickly, despite requiring a fair a amount of hits. Must have been the auto aim tracking directly to the head. Reaction times seemed too quick for around half or more of my deaths.

I felt this was happening to me in the beta. Something felt off as whenever someone rounded a corner I would often go down very quickly, despite requiring a fair a amount of hits. Must have been the auto aim tracking directly to the head. Reaction times seemed too quick for around half or more of my deaths.
So, some of this is less reaction time, and more about the percentage of time you're on your target.

For example, try this little experiment. On your desktop, find an icon, and try moving your mouse to it as quickly as possible. One of two things is going to happen most likely. Either you're going to slow down as you get closer, or your mouse is going to pass by it, meaning you have to zig back to it. And it doesn't matter how skilled you are, you're almost never going to land on a target perfectly. It's just that it happens so fast, you don't notice the moments where your accuracy is off. And the same thing happens when an opponent moves. With a mouse, you're not staying on top of them 100% of the time. Rather, it's a series of constant adjustments. That's one major reason why movement has always been an important skill in FPSs. Random movement allowed you to dodge bullets.

But controller users lock onto you. And it's worse in this game than in previous years. So, take that accuracy percentage chart above. Mouse and keyboard will probably stay the same, but let's say controllers get 10% more accuracy. Now, who's going to get more kills: A mouse and keyboard user who is only accurately shooting their opponent 40% of the time, or a game pad user who's accuracy is 60%?

The advantage of the mouse is that you can move quicker, and more precise, due to it being digital. So, it becomes a question of, can you land enough hits on the opponent before they have an opportunity to lock onto you. Because, if they get to you first, you stand no shot.

That's not to say you can't beat game pad users. On the computer, with people using an mkb, you're probably going to have mostly dedicated fps players. On the consoles, you're going to have lots of casuals. And every so often, you'll be in a game, where one team (could be yours or theirs), seems to be full of oblivious players who don't understand the concept of shooting at enemies.

*EDIT*

Also add onto this that accuracy in the above is just getting a hit marker. On the console, almost all of the hits are going to be upper body and head, which give maximum damage, vs your shots, which could be anywhere on the body. There have been a few posts in the general forums about certain marksman rifles being overpowered. If you land on the upper body or head, they're one shot, one kill. But anywhere else, you'll need two hits minimum. And they're extremely slow weapons between shots.

And let's not forget flinching and recoil, which you as a mouse user will have to deal with, where they won't. At this point, I don't even know why they even have recoil in the game anymore, when the only time you'll ever see it using a controller is if you're not getting aim assistance.

Last edited:
It’s a dumpster fire. I thought I just needed to get back into the swing of fps’s, nope. And yeah, I’m seeing lots of quick scoping marksman rifles that kill me in one shot even after I get the first hit. Flinching affects me, doesn’t seem to affect them. I refuse to switch to a controller, eff that noise. They need to fix this nonsense asap. At the very least allow us to disable cross play.

It’s a dumpster fire. I thought I just needed to get back into the swing of fps’s, nope. And yeah, I’m seeing lots of quick scoping marksman rifles that kill me in one shot even after I get the first hit. Flinching affects me, doesn’t seem to affect them. I refuse to switch to a controller, eff that noise. They need to fix this nonsense asap. At the very least allow us to disable cross play.

This is an option in 2019. I assume there is an option in this? If not, there are many things this seems to be missing or have taken a step back compared to 2019.

Just wait until someone finds a way to use the controller aim-bot with a kb/mouse. That will even the playing field.

This is an option in 2019. I assume there is an option in this? If not, there are many things this seems to be missing or have taken a step back compared to 2019.
I read somewhere it’s an option for PS users only. If it’s an option for us idk where it is.

Back