Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

Before you can play the game you have to login to your Activision account, in the in-game menu. I input my credentials and click the login button and it just sits there doing nothing. I’m guessing server issues on their end? For a single player campaign…slightly annoying.

Edit: solution is to make sure you have linked your Activision account to your Steam account (if you bought on Steam).

Last edited:
So is this more of the same , small maps, too much crap going on, spray and pray gun fighting for multiplayer?

I'm confused, my Activision and Steam accounts are linked, bought the top tier game on Steam but it says I cannot play till the 28th:

1666315355823.png

I thought you were supposed to be able to play the campaign today.

I’m in need of a casual multiplayer FPS, the original MW2 was a favorite of mine back then and I’d be happy to relive that with modern visuals. I think most of us agree MW 2019 was damn solid, hopefully this is just as good but feels like MW2.

COD campaigns are hit and miss for me, always a one and done, if that even. I generally just want fun HC multiplayer variants. Not sure how I feel about the 3rd person stuff they’re bringing to the table, on the surface it’s just not COD, an unnecessary addition.

Just in case someone is still having trouble starting this game on B Net with the error that you are missing packs. Go to modify install and add a language (I added Arabic) but keep default language as English. It will download about 2 GB of data and then game will run. You can thank the dude on the internet later.

View attachment 520156

Not missing much unless it's a bunch of people with really dated PCs

And this is why people NEEED to stop pre-ordering this crap and giving companies their money. let the game get released, see the steaming pile of crap it is, let them fix it first, then buy it...
Been playing since yesterday and am happy that I pre ordered. The game is a noticeable improvement graphically from mw2019 and gameplay feels pretty good.

Loving the campaign. Looks like a high budget Michael Bay movie without the scantily clad ladies... thus far, really having a lot of fun. Mission 12 already. Not sure how much of it is left.
Playing 1440P 240 FPS pegged at 57 C and 2715 MHz is absolutely amazing. Game runs well lol.

The Ending.. (y)

I haven't touched a COD Campaign since the originial MW2. And this one was pretty good, I wasnt expecting much, but it was actually enjoyable. The sneaking missions were a blast!

So just beat the campaign and I quite honestly don't understand the praise for this - the overall writing and gimmicky gameplay are absolute shit compared to MW 2019 let alone the older games (and yes - I've played every single campaign since the original, including the console exclusives). I don't mind spending $70 for a CoD campaign, but this isn't really what I look for in a CoD game. Where's the large scale conflict? Where are my fucking AI buddies - this quite literally is what made CoD so different from MoH:AA at the time, instead of lone-wolfing you were usually surrounded by AI squad members. I didn't even bitch about the stupid gameplay gimmicks yet - but suffice to say, if you thought crawling around like a toddler in MW 2019 was braindead and put a deadstop to the action, then get ready for more in this iteration. The movement speed also feels like my character is stuck in jello, including the laughably animated double-tap sprint animation.

Honestly most CoD campaigns never had good writing. It is mostly flash cobbled together. CoD WWII was competent enough to standout but still nothing that great. The best campaign was Infinite Warfare which stood far above all other CoD game campaigns. Despite that I find the CoD campaigns somewhat enjoyable for what they are.

Honestly most CoD campaigns never had good writing. It is mostly flash cobbled together. CoD WWII was competent enough to standout but still nothing that great. The best campaign was Infinite Warfare which stood far above all other CoD game campaigns. Despite that I find the CoD campaigns somewhat enjoyable for what they are.
Hell, call me old skool but I still think WaW had the best campaign.

1, 2, 4, World at War, and Black Ops had good writing. I think the writing generally started to decline in quality with Black Ops II. Ghosts was decent, despite being really farfetched.

cut paste----- from Steam Forums

Steam now allowing refunds to beta banned players

I got banned during beta, I'd argue why it was a false ban and I didn't cheat or have cheat software but I've been checking these discussions since then and know there isn't any point.

I just wanted to let other people like myself know that I just got a refund on the game, or my friend did at least as he bought me this as a gift. When I was first banned, I told him to get a refund and he said he couldn't because Steam said I was banned. Then I noticed someone on the threads saying he was refunded so I told him to try again and this time his refund request was accepted.

If Steam are going against their own policy and giving refunds then they clearly know something went wrong with all these bans.

Make of this as you will but hopefully at the very least Activision won't be able to steal a bunch of people's money. Anyway, for me this issue is resolved, even if I got unbanned I wouldn't play the game, I didn't want to in the first place, which is why it got bought for me.

Trolls, have fun, now that I have the refund, I won't be back on this discussion board again, but I'm sure you'll have lots of dumb opinions to add.

Played through the campaign and it was pretty decent but I had a few bugs and issues that I didn't expect from a COD game.

If the early MP reviews are decent enough I'll likely hop on board. I got my money's worth out of 2019, Cold War even too.

Finished the campaign tonight, it was pretty decent. Graphics are nice, gunplay is great, story is standard COD. It was exactly what I needed after just replaying TLOU and TLOU2: simple-minded blow shit up and use cool guns kind of fun. 7/10 for me.

Edit:
Best mission - Alone
Worst mission - Violence & Timing (the convoy one)

Last edited:
Finished the campaign tonight, it was pretty decent. Graphics are nice, gunplay is great, story is standard COD. It was exactly what I needed after just replaying TLOU and TLOU2: simple-minded blow shit up and use cool guns kind of fun. 7/10 for me.

Edit:
Best mission - Alone
Worst mission - Violence & Timing (the convoy one)
I agree with you on the convoy one. I had a bunch of issues with that one and the controls didnt feel all that good.

There's tons of stuff missing.

There's not even access to a combat record or challenges, so you can't see stats of any kind.

This is a slightly different version of MW 2019 and I mean that in the best way possible. Really fun MP, having a blast.

Last edited:
I never played mw2019 mp. Only cod I played in the last 7-8 years was cold War and that feels so different from this game. I also played mostly hard core and mw2 2022 feels like bullet sponge to me now and ttk feels so inconsistent. Movement feels so weird and slow and the slide is bad. I'm going to wait for hard core to make a final judgment but mp gets a 6/10 from me so far.

I'm still up in the air going to see how the Steam Forums are on the morning I checked them out at launch but reviews are Very Positive for the people who didn't get banned anyway.

Back