Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

IMG_20220925_073814290.jpg

Took a selfie at work

After playing a lot of matches, I am not sure how I like this game. I prefer 2019 overall. Kill streaks are a bit odd. They seem to be a bit of a mix between too powerful and useless. Because there are less open spaces it is harder to get a kill, but when you do you tend to rack up even more kills. The cruise missile seems to have a bigger radius as an example but you're much more likely to miss. The EOD drone has horrible controls, and the camera effects are a bit too unclear. Then they have a wall drilling explosive device which is just lame. Not a fan of how the perk system is, because use a mix of Overkill (two primary weapons) and the one that allows you to survive one mine hit in MW19. Without being able to use both I often forgo the mine protection but that makes it a bit frustrating in a game with small maps that is supposed to be fast paced.

Map design is too compact. Maybe in hardcore modes this will slow down a bit to make the maps feel bigger but right now I am not liking the flow or pace. Seems like there are less chances for long range shots. Menu design is worse by a long shot, but something that can be learned. Not sure why it is so hard to make proper a GUI these days though.

The only outright improvement I see is weapon reload animations can be interrupted, which is something indie games have been doing for a while. So that is nice. Aside from that I am not having much fun, got bored fairly quickly. I liked it more than Cold War/Vanguard so may end up getting it but I won't be rushing out to buy it. And may just continue playing MW19.

So a bunch of people swearing that they never cheated and everyone should totally believe them... lol.

That's nice, you refunded twice, why are you even looking at anything to do with this game at this point.

You don't have people filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau because they cheated these are legit players being bumped off because of Bugs.

I want to play the game but if you get banned once you can't play COD ever again in your life.

Played about 4 hours according to steam. Performance was good, Better than vanguard. More consistent less dips. 80-105 ish at 1440p on 3060ti Ryzen 3600. Big maps take a hit of course 60-70 ish for me 1440p quality settings. Feels like MW 2019 but a little different slight brush up with modern battlefield? Just slight though. Overall i enjoyed the short time i spent with it. Will wait for a sale to pick it up though. $70? Nah $50 sure.

Played about 4 hours according to steam. Performance was good, Better than vanguard. More consistent less dips. 80-105 ish at 1440p on 3060ti Ryzen 3600. Big maps take a hit of course 60-70 ish for me 1440p quality settings. Feels like MW 2019 but a little different slight brush up with modern battlefield? Just slight though. Overall i enjoyed the short time i spent with it. Will wait for a sale to pick it up though. $70? Nah $50 sure.

These games seldom go on sale, but I was not all that enthused with it either. Not for $70 at least. Maybe hardcore mode would change my mind, but I didn't like the dolphin diving, drill through wall mines, and fact that grenades were essentially tactical nukes among other things.

4 hours played and I share the same view. It was ok, nothing ground breaking and nothing that I just had to have. Def not for $70, then DLC for maps etc etc. I did run into a few hackers, but they seemed to be removed from the matches while I was playing. They were removed quickly.

These games seldom go on sale, but I was not all that enthused with it either. Not for $70 at least. Maybe hardcore mode would change my mind, but I didn't like the dolphin diving, drill through wall mines, and fact that grenades were essentially tactical nukes among other things.
They go on sale all the time, but the real issue is that the base price has never decreased. A 50% discount during a Steam sale should be where the regular price is set for the older games.

Beta is fucking awesome. Groundwar is essentially their take on BF’s Conquest mode BUT much better IMO. Just everything about it feels great.

Loving everything about it. Very excited for full release alongside Warzone 2.0

Reactions: w35t
like this
They go on sale all the time, but the real issue is that the base price has never decreased. A 50% discount during a Steam sale should be where the regular price is set for the older games.

Do they? It seems like they rarely go on sale and when they do, it tends to be like $10 off. Maybe 50% off after the game is 2-3 releases behind.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this

Read the comments some guy got banned for calling these guys cheaters on Steam.

It looks good from the videos I've seen on Beta play so I'm sure I'll buy it eventually but it'll be a few weeks or even months after launch so they can work all the bugs out of it. I recently started playing MW 2019 and forgot how much I liked it so it'll keep my busy a while. I only have a few days a week I get to play games anyway.

Third-person will no longer force you into first-person when ADS in the retail release.

20221018_022822.jpg

It's going to take more than Soda to buy this game for the 3rd time.

Last edited:
AVX has shipped in consumer processors for over a decade now - I think Sandy Bridge was the first Intel CPU with AVX? In any case, I haven’t followed this at all, who and what does “they” refer to here?
Primarily people on forums such as Steam who complain that the game won't work on their AMD FX-8150 or other Piledriver CPU. Piledriver came out, what, 10-11 years ago?

I'm a big Battlefield fan, been playing since the original 1942, ONLY on the PC of course, keyboard + mouse FTW, and always found Call of Duty the kiddy arcade console game. I like BF for the vehicles you can use, tanks, choppers, boats, etc...love that. But CoD doesn't have any vehicles you can hop in and play, right?

But with BF2042 being crap, I am open to trying this new CoD 2.0 or whatever it's called. Are there vehicles now in the game? Is there a campaign mode to play CoOp together? Or is it all 1990s ancient Deathmatch crap? Some team CTF or objective based multiplayer could be cool, is that in this game?

whelp appears i will be online tomorrow then.. lol battle.net ... I enjoyed the beta. Was way less stressful than rebirth but I bet that is just for now.

Have it on Battlenet, which I prepurchased it from, but it won't let me play the campaign. Acts like I need to buy the game.

Back