Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

I never thought I’d say this about another COD game but I’m actually pretty excited for this.. 2 was so my jam back in the day, so far what I’m seeing looks pretty damn awesome.

I saw a few minutes of the multiplayer streaming event today and thought I was watching CS:GO with mildly updated graphics.

CSGO

I don't think I'll sign up though this video makes Sandstrom Insurgency look good along with Trepang and Ready or Not.

Both MW and Battlefield were both flops imo same recipes rehashed so boring after 20 years of the same cod and bf need to stop making games altogether we need a fresh breath of air from others instead of having the same crap shoved down our throats lol

Ok if I play on PS5 do I need a phone number? I'm having a Hell of a time looking for a Cheap phone. Walmart doesn't have much. Don't want to goto Cellcom or Verizon only to be out bilked. I own a phone but my account is long gone since it was pay as you go.

Picked up a Moto 5G burner phone at work for the game since my Samsung S9 is long gone which also was prepaid but have had a mobile number since 2019.

So I won't miss this game kinda tempted to play the PS5 demo. Going to buy the Steam Version instead again.

Beta for PC is today but going to wait till launch have Vacation the week after.

Update: going to call in to work have a bum ankle from pulling stacks of pallets. So going to try the beta on Steam see if my phone number lets me in. Epsom salt and ice is the only game I played really in the last two days.

Last edited:
People are having problems linking into the game even with an active Phone Number on Steam.
I'm not even going to try the Beta until it gets worked out had half the game downloaded.
People are saying the game uninstalls its'self and no Controller Support it's a mess.

I applied the key to my account on the website, but it doesn't show up in my blizzard app.

i paid for it... why not... on PC... i see above someone said open today??? i figured it was tomorrow!!!!!

Screenshot_20220922-121251.png

Early access for preorders is up today. The open beta for everybody starts on Saturday.

quick google pulled this up on newsweek

The Modern Warfare 2 Xbox and PC beta will kick off today, September 22. If you're looking forward to hopping into the beta, here's everything you need to know to get preloaded and ready to jump in.
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Xbox beta will begin at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET).

On September 24, the Modern Warfare 2 open beta will become available on Xbox and PC, allowing players who didn't preorder the game to jump in and check out what the latest title has to offer. If you preordered, you'll want to take advantage of your additional two days of access.

i dont care for multiplayer, Waiting for warzone and DMZ.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
quick google pulled this up on newsweek

The Modern Warfare 2 Xbox and PC beta will kick off today, September 22. If you're looking forward to hopping into the beta, here's everything you need to know to get preloaded and ready to jump in.
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Xbox beta will begin at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET).

On September 24, the Modern Warfare 2 open beta will become available on Xbox and PC, allowing players who didn't preorder the game to jump in and check out what the latest title has to offer. If you preordered, you'll want to take advantage of your additional two days of access.

How do you pre-load?

I might refund a 2nd time if Steam will let me don't want a vac ban on my account.
Update: Going to refund a 2nd time just isn't worth it for this game. You can get 2-3 good souls
clones for that same price.

Last edited:
Got my Refund 2nd time was flagged by Steam for too many refunds but this game is a mess don't want a Vac Ban and loose the ability to play the game at the same time.

"No reason"

People leave Cheat Engine running in the background all the time and say they got banned for "no reason." Doesn't matter if you're actively using it or not. I read about somebody complaining about being banned from Fortnite for "no reason" and they then turnaround and admit to running an EAC hack for VR Chat.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Just read someone cheated in Black Ops 10 years ago so he was banned today something about a anti cheat program ricochet that goes through past games. I never cheated in COD but don't want to take the risk. I have a few fling trainers in zips but that is about it.

Got my Refund 2nd time was flagged by Steam for too many refunds but this game is a mess don't want a Vac Ban and loose the ability to play the game at the same time.
You should probably just stop buying games if you are going to refund them.

I am enjoying the game so far, needs a bit of polish. I encountered 2 people who were likely cheating, both had kill counts 4-5x higher than anyone else and just seemed to know what direction to aim all the time.

Looks like open beta for PC starts tomorrow. If using Battle.NET, hit that + button, select a favorite game as MW2. Then in the lower left click the arrow and select the beta. I preloaded 20GB. I assume it will unlock on the 24th sometime.

Graphically this looks like a step down to me. Maybe the full game will look better? But doubt it.

Only played 3 maps so far and they seem a bit more compact compared to MW. Too fast paced and not a huge fan of them.

I would say most of the game is a graphical upgrade from MW2019, they do need to upgrade various textures.

I would say most of the game is a graphical upgrade from MW2019, they do need to upgrade various textures.

To me it seems like textures aren't as good, but also lighting as well. Looks washed out overall. I turned off motion blur and all other blur settings that I am aware of.

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2022.09.24 - 11.56.03.29.png
Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2022.09.24 - 18.24.04.05.png

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2022.09.24 - 21.01.40.92.png

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2022.09.24 - 17.38.22.75.png

Will grab in game screen shots later, but this is how it looks in gun smith. Even here it looks washed out due to lighting.

Last edited:
Back