Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

This is one of the worst single player games I have ever played. I don't think the campaign is even able to be finished in its current state. There are too many bugs.

- Command prompts are inaccurate. Game may tell you to press space bar, but that results in instant death. Turns out when to approach a vehicle door, there are two contradictory prompts. Space bar is the initial pop up, but pressing that results in instant death. F will actually open a vehicle door. Use F, even if the game tells you to use space bar.
- Hit boxes aren't even remotely accurate.
- Enemy hit reaction animations are horrible and don't make any sense for the injury. Looks like a game from 2008.
- Friendly NPCs will shoot and kill an enemy, but their gun shot animation and sound will play 1-2 seconds later.
- Enemy NPCs do not react to flash bang grenades.
- Horrid GUI for selecting weapons. You spend more type selecting grenade types than clearing a room.
- Many graphical bugs. Lighting bugs, LoD bugs, holes in the map, etc.
- If you get out of a truck, it will continue driving. Following the road. By itself. What?
- So much more.

Currently I am on what I assume is an incomplete-able mission in the campaign. You have to hop between moving cars. This results in instant death no matter what I do. First of all jumping out of the vehicle warps the character forward by about 50 feet. This results in instant death. You can't just slow down the car and get out and walk up to another car. Opening the door seems to enable some awkward teleportation technology. It will teleport you forward, and you'll have control for a few seconds before instant death. Yeah, no slowing down, getting out and shooting people and taking their car. Just instant death. Getting too close to a car = instant death. Eventually it works (one of the prompts is right). The problem is now I have to board a friendly vehicle. Getting within 5 feet of this vehicle results in an instant death explosion with the message "you can't crash into friendly vehicles". Okay, but the vehicles are not touching? Hit box failure. So I try and do the teleport thing, thinking you can warp into the vehicle in front of you. Does not work, you just teleport and die. Try and jump from the car to the truck? You're too far. Instant death.

No matter what I do:

- Teleport
- Drive up to truck
- Try to jump into truck with the prompts

Results in instant death.

Can't believe they didn't bother to bug test this even a few months post release. Looks more like a 0/10. Unfinishable campaign = it isn't finished. Simple as that. Didn't expect this from a "AAA" title. Suppose if you were planning on getting this for the campaign, stay away. Maybe they'll finish the last half of it in the next year or so. As it is, they only "finished" half of the campaign.

Last edited:
Kind of sounds like you have issues on your end.

This. I played through the campaign several weeks ago and can't say I experienced a fraction of the bugs Flogger listed. The game is a mess but playable.

And yes, the convoy mission where you jump from truck to truck is one of the dumbest missions I have ever played in any FPS campaign but I did complete it after quite a few attempts.

Kind of sounds like you have issues on your end.

My issue is I downloaded it thinking it was a finished product. Mutliplayer at least seemed function but I have not tried it yet. Campaign? 100% unfinished. Nothing works at all. Shooting, aiming, animations. But it isn't a shooter. It has more in common with Life is Strange or other point and click games than a real shooter.

It is so bad they should issue refunds to everyone, 100%. Even if you didn't touch the single player. 100% refund. And to compensate they should be legally forced to make the entire Call of Duty series free, all single player, all DLC. Everything. Only once they bug fix the game should they be allowed to market and release any other "shooter" or single player game. We need real video game industry laws passed. Tired of these lazy ass companies with their lazy ass developers do absolutely nothing and expect to get paid. They don't deserve a penny. Not the CEO, not the map artist. None of them deserve a fucking cent. Should apply to every game developer. You release a buggy game? Illegal for you to work in the video game industry again until you fix your current product.

I'm see we'll see less broken games that take 1-2 years to unfuck.

Last edited:
I too am blowing through weapon leveling with shipment lol.

Last edited:
I can't get the M13B. Apparently you need to play this battle royale thing called DMZ which is impossible to do. I remember when games were all about playing them, and not busy work. Games suck these days. It really fucking does.

Should be 100% illegal to force people to play specific game modes or have timed events for content. Did I mention how much games suck these days? 0% fun, 100% bastard game developers with no lives. I hope whoever decided to put content behind game modes and pay walls gets the pleasure of having their teeth fucking kicked out and eyes gouged out.

Last edited:
LOL! Flogger is just laughable at this point. I got the M13B without "doing it the way the game wanted." I didn't go into the radiation zone and kill the boss that drops it. I killed another player that already had it, took it off his body then extracted. And DMZ is hella fun!

yep, definitely a user issue

Only issue is the fucking retards who make this game. And the people who support paying $20 (lol) for a santa skin and gun. Good on you for supporting that shit business model though. Next time you're in the desert remind me to sell you a bag of sand for $100. Limited time deal only.

LOL! Flogger is just laughable at this point. I got the M13B without "doing it the way the game wanted." I didn't go into the radiation zone and kill the boss that drops it. I killed another player that already had it, took it off his body then extracted. And DMZ is hella fun!

DMZ is for fucking retards. No one should be forced to waste time on that bullshit. I'm not going to run around a big empty map for hours inspecting everyone's gun before I kill them. What kind of retarded nonsense is that? Who the fuck runs around and stares at what gun another player is holding? Whoever thought that was "fun" needs to get kicked in the fucking teeth and choke on it.

Shooters should be about shooting people with guns. Not running around like a headless chicken collecting sticks and toilet paper like DMZ and other retarded shit. You want to play fetch, go outside and grab some rocks.

One of these days, Activision/EA/Ubisoft is going to get what they deserve from some very pissed off customer. I'll watch the news and applaud. I'm actually surprised something hasn't happened yet.

Lol @ losing your shit because one gun is locked behind DMZ game mode.

Should be illegal. All content should be accessible without any nonsense. Period. Tired of this bullshit. This industry needs a kick in the ass and needs to be regulated to hell and back.

Only issue is the fucking retards who make this game. And the people who support paying $20 (lol) for a santa skin and gun. Good on you for supporting that shit business model though. Next time you're in the desert remind me to sell you a bag of sand for $100. Limited time deal only.

DMZ is for fucking retards. No one should be forced to waste time on that bullshit. I'm not going to run around a big empty map for hours inspecting everyone's gun before I kill them. What kind of retarded nonsense is that? Who the fuck runs around and stares at what gun another player is holding? Whoever thought that was "fun" needs to get kicked in the fucking teeth and choke on it.

Shooters should be about shooting people with guns. Not running around like a headless chicken collecting sticks and toilet paper like DMZ and other retarded shit. You want to play fetch, go outside and grab some rocks.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Tell me you've never played an FPS without telling me you've never played an FPS. You don't run up to another player and look at their gun before you kill them. You just kill them then loot their inventory. And how did I kill the other player? I shot them with a gun...imagine that!

You are nonsensical at this point. If you want to run around and kill other players without any other objectives then go play this amazing game mode called TEAM DEATH MATCH. It's been around since like the late 90s. When it comes to DMZ or Battle Royale, there are missions/contracts/objects within the game precisely to keep you from just running around a big empty map. The map isn't empty, it has stuff for you to do in it. Jesus, 8-year-olds have COD figured out. Is it really that difficult for you to play it?

You just kill them then loot their inventory.

You don't do that in a real FPS game. Only bullshit scavenger games.

As for the rest of your nonsensical post, you missed the point entirely. You can't play TDM only. You literally can't. That is why it is fucking bullshit. You can take your $20 paid content and shove it up your ass.

And they force you to buy some fake currency (with real money) first. Ha. Fuck off with that bullshit. Just shows the state of gamers these days. Paying real money to buy fake money to access content in a full priced $70 AAA games is perfectly fine. Wow. I hope Activision is paying you to post crap like this.

As for the rest of your nonsensical post, you missed the point entirely. You can't play TDM only. You literally can't. That is why it is fucking bullshit. You can take your $20 paid content and shove it up your ass.

And they force you to buy some fake currency (with real money) first. Ha. Fuck off with that bullshit. Just shows the state of gamers these days. Paying real money to buy fake money to access content in a full priced $70 AAA games is perfectly fine. Wow. I hope Activision is paying you to post crap like this.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? I bought the game but have not once, not ever for any game bought anything beyond the base game. I can play TDM all day every day so again you are way off base. Once you buy the base game, there is no need to buy some fake currency or whatever your fever-induced rant is about.

As for DMZ and Warzone (battle royale) - these two things are literally FREE. So you are bitching about a AAA game company giving you free content. As for not being able to play TDM, the only way that is possible is if you didn't buy game. So are you now bitching about not being able to play a game you don't even own? You are a special one, that is for certain.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? I bought the game but have not once, not ever for any game bought anything beyond the base game. I can play TDM all day every day so again you are way off base. Once you buy the base game, there is no need to buy some fake currency or whatever your fever-induced rant is about.

As for DMZ and Warzone (battle royale) - these two things are literally FREE. So you are bitching about a AAA game company giving you free content. As for not being able to play TDM, the only way that is possible is if you didn't buy game. So are you now bitching about not being able to play a game you don't even own? You are a special one, that is for certain.

Maybe you should have read what I wrote before ranting. It helps prevent you from looking like a fool.

You don't do that in a real FPS game. Only bullshit scavenger games.

What is wrong with your life, that you complain this much about a fucking video game? Go smoke a bowl, go outside, lay in the grass, and pull what ever is stuck up your ass, out of it. Like Jesus Christ. Its literally Call of duty, the game has been shit since MW2. But its absolutely no where near as shit as you say it is.

The m13 is trash, its not that big of a loss, give it 2 weeks and it will be in your inventory. Just like the old Warzone. They give out all the old weapons with the new seasons.

If you know what a "real" FPS is, then go play it. Simple as that.

Worse than a fucking child who got his binky taken away.

What is wrong with your life, that you complain this much about a fucking video game? Go smoke a bowl, go outside, lay in the grass, and pull what ever is stuck up your ass, out of it. Like Jesus Christ. Its literally Call of duty, the game has been shit since MW2. But its absolutely no where near as shit as you say it is.

Nothing wrong with calling out a bunch of lazy bastards. This game looks like shit. It looks worse than its 3 year old predecessor. All they had to do was copy/paste and they fucked that up.

When a game comes out and half the people's first questions are "will it be usable on release day?" you know gaming has gone down the drain. Developers are just a bunch of lazy assholes. And then beg for more money.

The m13 is trash, its not that big of a loss, give it 2 weeks and it will be in your inventory.

For $20.

Just like the old Warzone.

I want nothing to do with that.

If you know what a "real" FPS is, then go play it. Simple as that.

Too bad they actively sabotage themselves.

Worse than a fucking child who got his binky taken away.

Imagine someone who complains about someone complaining about a shitty product which is all too common in this hobby. The irony. One might ask what is wrong with your life.

Hardcore mode is coming with season 2.

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/1617220677517381632
1674503120430.png

Not only does the single player suck, but the multiplayer sucks as well.

If anyone has any idea how to fix the graphical bugs that still plague the game let me know. Restarting shader optimization and scanning/repairing the install is useless. I hope there is one graphical setting that can be disabled that would fix it but I am doubtful.

Been updating every Nvidia driver update in hope one would fix it but this is clearly a game related issue. This happens maybe ever other match. Rampant cheaters are also a problem, I haven't seen so much cheating in an MP game since CS: Source. But at this point I'd just be happy if there was a solution to the constant graphical issues.

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2023.01.28 - 12.36.51.81.png
Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2023.02.14 - 19.44.00.13.png

MW 2019 still works fine, now that they have decided to stop sabotaging the servers for it.

I haven't played in a week or so and fired up battlenet and saw a 58GB update. :eek:

MW2-58GB-Update.jpg

I haven't played in a week or so and fired up battlenet and saw a 58GB update. :eek:

View attachment 550438

It's season 2. Couple new maps and a new gun or 2. Nothing much to write home about. I had built up enough COD points or coins or whatever they're called so I got the battle pass. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it for the first time since 2019. Not real impressed with the small amount of content they're giving us this go round. I still enjoy the game and still play it on my off days but it does feel they're phoning this one in.

It's season 2. Couple new maps and a new gun or 2. Nothing much to write home about. I had built up enough COD points or coins or whatever they're called so I got the battle pass. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it for the first time since 2019. Not real impressed with the small amount of content they're giving us this go round. I still enjoy the game and still play it on my off days but it does feel they're phoning this one in.
I'm actually growing tired of the repetitiveness myself. I'm at around level 150 and it's just the same old same old. Multiplayer is mostly just people trying to snipe on these small maps or hiding in corners.

Wow. That's why i haven't attempted to fire up MW 19 in a year or so is because i know there's going to be an 100-150 Gb update. I figured it hadn't changed. :(

Last edited:
Yea I havent played this game in a few months. Not really a warzone/dmz fan since I have no one to play DMZ with. Went back and started playing BF2042 and I like it better, but its still no BF3/4.

Interesting choice. I just want the gameplay, Hardcore, and TDM to essentially be the same as MW 2019. Same general map design (and not the box layout of most CoD games), gameplay, shooting, moving, etc. Essentially new maps, slightly better graphics and more guns. I'd be satisfied.
I can understand that you enjoy playing online war games such as PUBG and Call of Duty. It seems that you prefer a similar gameplay experience to Modern Warfare 2019, including map design, shooting mechanics, and movement, with updated graphics and additional weapons.

Picked up this game again Steam Sale never played it actually seems like the ongoing bans for this game have been patched out I'll see what happens
I haven' found any threads on the Steam forums for the Casama Rhino message but Shadow Bans still persist.

Update: Played though Soap which is the 1st Mission for Campaign really impressed the Night Vision is the coolest part.
I played one just one Deathmatch I think the map was Shipment got like 7 Kills 24 Deaths I was no way prepared looking forward to trying the other maps.
Actually picked up a pay as you go phone for the game so I could play the game way back when but the false bans had me worried for months.

Last edited:
20230321140833_1.jpg

Soap Campaign

20230322114600_1.jpg

6v6 Map not sure if it's a launch map or added

20230322115008_1.jpg

Smoke coming out of the barrel on the other guy

This game isn't bad looking at all thought it would have a cell shaded look to it but it's pretty realistic. Went 11K 10D on my 2nd match

Since launch, the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat™ team has been developing and deploying new techniques and technologies to combat unfair play for both Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0. In the Season 03 Anti-Cheat Progress report, we detail several new layers of security and detections to protect all modes, with a focus on Ranked Play for Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0.

RICOCHET Anti-Cheat maintains a zero-tolerance policy related to cheating in all modes, including Ranked Play:

• All accounts caught cheating may be permanently banned across Call of Duty titles as outlined in the Security and Enforcement Policy.
• Banned accounts will have their records purged from the Ranked Play Top 250 and other competitive Leaderboards.
• Specific to Ranked Play: RICOCHET Anti-Cheat and development studios may adjust the Skill Rating (SR) for players that have frequently played with and benefited from banned cheating accounts, even if they themselves have not used cheats.

REPLAY INVESTIGATION TOOL

Thanks to the development studio teams, #TeamRICOCHET has deployed a new Replay investigation tool to help protect the integrity of Modern Warfare II multiplayer and Warzone 2.0.

Using captured and stored match gameplay data, our teams can load up and watch any completed match as part of our investigation process. Replay will be used as one of many tools by the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat team and our studio partners to identify cheating behavior in all multiplayer modes for both Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0, including Ranked Play.

With respect to Ranked Play in both Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0, #TeamRICOCHET will automatically capture and store all match data for the highest tiers of competition for potential investigation use. We also are capturing match data from suspicious accounts across all multiplayer modes for easy Replay access.

Though it's a new tool for #TeamRICOCHET, Replay has already helped with investigations into suspicious accounts resulting in permanent bans.

Any player caught cheating via any of our systems will be banned across Call of Duty titles outlined in the Security and Enforcement policy. Banned players will be removed from all leaderboards.

Reporting any cheating behavior you may encounter is helpful to our investigation process. Reports help flag accounts for review through our systems, including Replay, so we urge everyone to use the in-game tools to report suspicious players. Learn how to report players on the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat website.

THIRD-PARTY HARDWARE DEVICE DETECTION
Since our previous progress report, #TeamRICOCHET has developed and tested a detection for third-party hardware devices that alter the Call of Duty gameplay experience. These devices act as a passthrough for controllers on PC and console and, when used improperly or maliciously, can provide a player with the ability to gain an unfair gameplay advantage, such as reducing or eliminating recoil.

Testing is complete: This detection is deployed globally on all platforms.

Users across PC or console who are detected to be using third-party hardware devices to impact the Modern Warfare II or Warzone 2.0 gameplay experience will first see a warning about the improper use of these devices (screen below).

Continued improper use of these devices may lead to additional warnings, the deployment of mitigations, account or feature suspensions, or the banning of the offending account across Call of Duty titles, per our Security and Enforcement Policy.

We will continue to monitor this new detection’s effectiveness and update our systems against further circumvention over time.

We know players have been asking us to examine the improper use of these devices and we’re happy to lay the foundation for this detection to protect against unfair play across PC and console.

9757b9b964f823deab0025eafc3cade0b5cbaf7d.jpg

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 2
About time they updated it lots of people are banned for life now including I guy at I work with at Walmart.

Since launch, the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat™ team has been developing and deploying new techniques and technologies to combat unfair play for both Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0. In the Season 03 Anti-Cheat Progress report, we detail several new layers of security and detections to protect all modes, with a focus on Ranked Play for Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0.

RICOCHET Anti-Cheat maintains a zero-tolerance policy related to cheating in all modes, including Ranked Play:

• All accounts caught cheating may be permanently banned across Call of Duty titles as outlined in the Security and Enforcement Policy.
• Banned accounts will have their records purged from the Ranked Play Top 250 and other competitive Leaderboards.
• Specific to Ranked Play: RICOCHET Anti-Cheat and development studios may adjust the Skill Rating (SR) for players that have frequently played with and benefited from banned cheating accounts, even if they themselves have not used cheats.

REPLAY INVESTIGATION TOOL

Thanks to the development studio teams, #TeamRICOCHET has deployed a new Replay investigation tool to help protect the integrity of Modern Warfare II multiplayer and Warzone 2.0.

Using captured and stored match gameplay data, our teams can load up and watch any completed match as part of our investigation process. Replay will be used as one of many tools by the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat team and our studio partners to identify cheating behavior in all multiplayer modes for both Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0, including Ranked Play.

With respect to Ranked Play in both Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0, #TeamRICOCHET will automatically capture and store all match data for the highest tiers of competition for potential investigation use. We also are capturing match data from suspicious accounts across all multiplayer modes for easy Replay access.

Though it's a new tool for #TeamRICOCHET, Replay has already helped with investigations into suspicious accounts resulting in permanent bans.

Any player caught cheating via any of our systems will be banned across Call of Duty titles outlined in the Security and Enforcement policy. Banned players will be removed from all leaderboards.

Reporting any cheating behavior you may encounter is helpful to our investigation process. Reports help flag accounts for review through our systems, including Replay, so we urge everyone to use the in-game tools to report suspicious players. Learn how to report players on the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat website.

THIRD-PARTY HARDWARE DEVICE DETECTION
Since our previous progress report, #TeamRICOCHET has developed and tested a detection for third-party hardware devices that alter the Call of Duty gameplay experience. These devices act as a passthrough for controllers on PC and console and, when used improperly or maliciously, can provide a player with the ability to gain an unfair gameplay advantage, such as reducing or eliminating recoil.

Testing is complete: This detection is deployed globally on all platforms.

Users across PC or console who are detected to be using third-party hardware devices to impact the Modern Warfare II or Warzone 2.0 gameplay experience will first see a warning about the improper use of these devices (screen below).

Continued improper use of these devices may lead to additional warnings, the deployment of mitigations, account or feature suspensions, or the banning of the offending account across Call of Duty titles, per our Security and Enforcement Policy.

We will continue to monitor this new detection’s effectiveness and update our systems against further circumvention over time.

We know players have been asking us to examine the improper use of these devices and we’re happy to lay the foundation for this detection to protect against unfair play across PC and console.

View attachment 561912
Inb4 someone gets banned for using DK Bongos to play or something dumb like that

Well, did he cheat? He'll probably claim not, but actually did.
He got shadowbanned reported several time then banned from online play just for being good at the game.
Ricochet was really bugged for months I have no idea if this fixes the problem for legit players.

He got shadowbanned reported several time then banned from online play just for being good at the game.
Ricochet was really bugged for months I have no idea if this fixes the problem for legit players.
What makes you think he was banned only for being "good"?

That's putting a lot of faith in Activision.

It looks like you have to spend money to get the better battle pass, can only use CP to buy the basic one.

I never pick up the DLC anymore nobody play them anyway because nobody owns them.

Back