Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

I will never buy another CoD cause of the stupid phone number requirement. There is no reason for it.

man this shit has my heart rate going.

I don't know what 90% of this stuff is.

Phone number? Like a two factor verification?

I'm hoping there's a sale for this game so I can play the campaign. Already decided MP isn't for me, I'd just rage lol.

Phone number? Like a two factor verification?

I'm hoping there's a sale for this game so I can play the campaign. Already decided MP isn't for me, I'd just rage lol.
I'm just playing the free warzone. I didn't buy the game. /shrug

but to play I had to punch in my number. I hate that.

So this Warzone 2.0 thing. Asking for a phone number.

Can I just use a random generator online and go that route?
Google Voice numbers don't work either. I have 2 Battle.net account and can only use my primary one since the you can't use the same number on both accounts.

I bought this about 10 days ago and I've been really enjoying it. I find that I do best with the marksman guns - a quick headshot beats the console SMGs/ARs (if you don't miss)

Got the revolver and the lever action to gold, should have the lever to Plat by the end of the week.

A lot of people use "scopes" with the marksman rifles, I find that iron sights (especially on the Lever gun) or just a basic red dot and lots of fast handling mods tend to work really well and once you get used to it, you can run and gun. I feel like most of the time, I'm in the top 2-3 or so unless I'm doing a really difficult challenge...

Last edited:
Discounts? Don't they normally keep charging full price until they stop selling it?

Discounts? Don't they normally keep charging full price until they stop selling it?

Typically. Was hoping for something though. I'm not in a huge rush.

We can still unlock all of the "season" weapons once the season is over right? I know with MW19 you could, the unlock requirements just became a pain.

Well, I came in 9th on the warzone dealio. once. now I can't get better than 100th, haha

hdfghgfdhdgf.png

sup.

Last edited:
Well, I came in 9th on the warzone dealio. once. now I can't get better than 100th, haha

View attachment 530093

sup.
Yeah, the game has an overly tuned SBMM, wanting you to hover around a 1 kdr and win/loss ratio. Like, the first day I played it, my team won every game, basically 18 in a row. And I had a semiimpressive KDR. Then it got significantly more difficult.

Yeah, the game has an overly tuned SBMM, wanting you to hover around a 1 kdr and win/loss ratio. Like, the first day I played it, my team won every game, basically 18 in a row. And I had a semiimpressive KDR. Then it got significantly more difficult.
yea, not sure how much longe rI'm going to last.

i'm just doing the warzone thing though. not the actuall COD game.

Warzone 2 is amazing. I love it.
I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.

I zone in near the center of the safe zone and hang tight. then it ends up with me getting wrecked.

am I supposed to be running and gunning or just kick back and wait?

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.

I zone in near the center of the safe zone and hang tight. then it ends up with me getting wrecked.

am I supposed to be running and gunning or just kick back and wait?

Warzone is incredibly tough solo. There are different ways to play. But you can’t get tunnel vision, gotta keep moving and try to get higher ground on enemy teams.

Warzone is incredibly tough solo. There are different ways to play. But you can’t get tunnel vision, gotta keep moving and try to get higher ground on enemy teams.
yea, I just logged off.

I like it but I don't. gets me all antsy. I'm also terrible at MP-FPS. My least favorite genre. I scored a 149th at one point tonight.

I think I'm done.

yea, I just logged off.

I like it but I don't. gets me all antsy. I'm also terrible at MP-FPS. My least favorite genre. I scored a 149th at one point tonight.

I think I'm done.

Lol damn. Play with friends, whole different game. So much fun.

if you were gonna buy this anyway for $70 amazon has a promo right now where its free with a $400 13700kf

Lol damn. Play with friends, whole different game. So much fun.
yea, I landed on a roof with like six others and I was the first to drop.

Its only me. I don't have anyone to play with. Which is why I was doing the solo mode. I did have better luck with the quads, but meh.

I'm not into the FPS anymore. Well, multiplayer that is. I can't compete with 16 year olds hopped up on Monster and Ritalin.

Its only me. I don't have anyone to play with. Which is why I was doing the solo mode. I did have better luck with the quads, but meh.

I'm not into the FPS anymore. Well, multiplayer that is. I can't compete with 16 year olds hopped up on Monster and Ritalin.
It's Red Bull and Adderall now.

the goal typically is to get 5k or 10k and buy your custom weapons early so you have an advantage. gotta level them up through dmz. my buddies and I have spent most of our time leveling up guns in dmz. heres the best guns: https://www.wzranked.com/wz2/meta/guns

i leveled the tac 56 up. Im not that impressed with it. I think getting a sniper leveled up or dmr like the ebr-14 and a SMG(fennec 45) would be ideal. none of the AR are lazers like they were in warzone 1. they all seem to have more recoil. which makes some semi auto guns/bolt action guns possibly the better route to go for warzone 2.

Last edited:
I need to get my 8 year old to play war zone. He currently does decent in Fortnite lol.

the goal typically is to get 5k or 10k and buy your custom weapons early so you have an advantage. gotta level them up through dmz. my buddies and I have spent most of our time leveling up guns in dmz. heres the best guns: https://www.wzranked.com/wz2/meta/guns

i leveled the tac 56 up. Im not that impressed with it. I think getting a sniper leveled up or dmr like the ebr-14 and a SMG(fennec 45) would be ideal. none of the AR are lazers like they were in warzone 1. they all seem to have more recoil. which makes some semi auto guns/bolt action guns possibly the better route to go for warzone 2.
wait, leveling up guns? so the guns you find in WZ on the ground get better if you level them up? or your custom kit you buy?

It's hard for me to play this game knowing that the guy that just instant-vaporized me could have literally just pointed his gamepad in my general direction and held down the fire button.

Edit: Got to an end circle in WZ 2 and some retard hiding in a bush kills me with a drone I couldn't even hear. Game is such noob trash, instantly deleted.

Last edited:
I've had some fun experiences playing DMZ with some friends. The NPC interactions are OK, but the real fun is when you're extracting and run into other players.

The three of us pulled up in an armored vehicle to an extraction in progress and I unloaded on them with a machine gun from the passenger seat.
Killed them both then 2/3 of us hopped on the helicoptor that they called in, but my friend couldn't get in for some reason. He kept moving up and down trying to climb in until it left without him. We were laughing at him as it left him behind.
Then some enemy players killed him just as the helicoptor was flying away and he could hear them saying "was that a bot?" "No it was an actual player" followed by hystiarical laughter.

Then another game we drove up in a pickup to another in-progress extraction and the enemy players were in an armored car waiting. I leaned out of with an RPG and blew it up which was pretty fun.

I also palyed a couple where we never saw a single enemy player, it's kind of dissapointing when that happens.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Apparently Green Man Gaming has this for a good percentage off, if you play on Xbox. No deals on the PC version that I can see on GMG, CD keys, or the usual stores. Odd that console versions are cheaper.

Steam reviews are saying this game crashes a lot. Still true?

Apparently Green Man Gaming has this for a good percentage off, if you play on Xbox. No deals on the PC version that I can see on GMG, CD keys, or the usual stores. Odd that console versions are cheaper.

Steam reviews are saying this game crashes a lot. Still true?
Yeah occasional crashing for me. My game has crashed probably 3-4 times since release.

I haven't experienced a single crash yet. But I do get all the DMZ glitches (floating NPC enemies, armor bug).

I have to say the campaign for this is fairly awful. Graphically it looks a bit dated, worse than MW 2019. I know because I replayed that a few months back. Performance issues, low frame rates for the graphical quality, and other bugs. And just terrible mission design. I suppose that is a key feature of most CoD campaigns. With the jerky character animations they just pop in and out which makes it impossible to figure out who is who. Game instantly kills you if you don't do exactly what it wants. Enemies don't even have to hit you to 1 shot instant kill you. And you often don't even need to hit an enemy to kill them like with the snipers on the roof of the first mission. This isn't much of a game and relies purely on triggers to do something rather than any input from the player. It is almost hard to classify this as a "shooter" IMO. Plays more like a point and click game like Life is Strange than an FPS. You have to be in an exact spot at the exact time for a trigger to activate, like killing an enemy or not blowing up. Essentially trial and error, no real freedom of movement or shooting. You can't even open doors yourself.

Only a few missions in but this is feeling like a 5/10 to me. At best. Probably closer to a 3-4. I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Comparing this to something like Ready or Not (in alpha) makes me wonder how a AAA game can have such a big budget yet put so little effort into development. And a basic FPS shouldn't be that hard too make. Seems like they threw in the towel and went the point and click route because it was easier. If you want to play an actual shooter with actual shooting and actual NPCs that react (even if clumsy), get Ready or Not.

Max graphic settings:

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2022.12.15 - 23.39.44.54.png

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2022.12.15 - 23.25.08.39.png

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2022.12.15 - 23.46.57.49.png

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 00.17.40.07.png

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 00.24.43.20.png

Sky and clouds are completely static as well.

Last edited:
Back