Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Last edited:
I don't believe it. What did a dozen trolls come in there and bomb it down? There is NO WAY that game is that bad.

https://www.destructoid.com/review-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-397047.phtml

This is a lot more believable. A 7/10 cookie cutter.

Wanna see a real 1.9? Fire up Daiktana or some POS like that. Let's get real.

Something something Daiktana Romero's bitch something something

I'd give it a solid 7/10 as well, its about what I expected except the MP really does feel like a step back from BLOPs 3, not sure what it is. Maybe it's closer to advanced warfare? I'd reinstall it and see how it compares but ehhhh, no.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I'll be honest, having not played any BLOPS games I actually like IW MP more than MW:R after playing 3-4 hours in both games.

It caters better to my ADHD I'll say that much.

I will say that I had stupid amount of fun in a hardcore match of Defender...I think? The one with the drone you have to control. Running a shotgun/smg build in the map where people go floating around when they die was actually really amusing.

It is a bit stupid that in this game they removed the stats showing how many people playing a certain mode. It takes ages sometimes to find matches in my favorite modes. Also hardpoint is not on normal playlist is pissing me off.

Bahaha, I knew Joe wouldn't let us down. If you have to do COD, stick with Treyarch. I think Treyarch should get the series even if it means no new COD except for every two years. That might be for the better all the way around.

Last edited:
I've been playing TDM and Domination and never have to wait for matches and my NAT type is strict. I agree that the Windows Store / Steam non compatibility is bullshit but lets be honest, I'd like to see the Windows Store purchase numbers on CoD vs Steam. It's probably like 99% to 1%. Who the fuck uses Windows Store unless they absolutely have to? It was dumb to even sell it there on the first place.

I've been playing TDM and Domination and never have to wait for matches and my NAT type is strict. I agree that the Windows Store / Steam non compatibility is bullshit but lets be honest, I'd like to see the Windows Store purchase numbers on CoD vs Steam. It's probably like 99% to 1%. Who the fuck uses Windows Store unless they absolutely have to? It was dumb to even sell it there on the first place.

I couldn't agree more and MS trying to strong arm people to use it to get certain games along with strong arming W10 on us can also kiss my ass, incidentally.

Bahaha, I knew Joe wouldn't let us down. If you have to do COD, stick with Treyarch. I think Treyarch should get the series even if it means no new COD except for every two years. That might be for the better all the way around.

http://www.sledgehammergames.com/games

Sledgehamer games did Call of Duty AW and it turned out really good it introduced the jumping but it had no wall riding. The maps were Amazing even the base maps were good. I liked the game but couldn't find a game after 6 months. The Lasers they added in the game were overkill but really fun for a shooter.

My problem with COD IW

the maps are just bland like they didn't even try to make good maps I like the two space maps and that is about it....

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I played with my 5.1 speaker set I couldn't hear other players sneak up on me so I use Headphones instead and do alot better and use a scope. You almost have to wear Headphones in this game if you want to stay alive.

Last edited:
Shotguns and sliding totally overpowered to the point where it's annoying so I decided to do the same thing. I have my X-box Elite controller set up with one paddle on the left for sliding I'm doing tons better cause I don't have to aim.The only problem I have though is holding the shift key like everyone else is doing but holding down the left joystick is annoying I increased the sensitivity on it to aggressive so it runs right away.

I like the eraser gun tons better then the ricochet gun.

Last edited:
Shotguns and sliding totally overpowered to the point where it's annoying so I decided to do the same thing. I have my X-box Elite controller set up with one paddle on the left for sliding I'm doing tons better cause I don't have to aim.The only problem I have though is holding the shift key like everyone else is doing but holding down the left joystick is annoying I increased the sensitivity on it to aggressive so it runs right away.

I like the eraser gun tons better then the ricochet gun.
yeah i like that eraser gun too it's great.

Infinity Ward must use some pretty good psychology making their games.
Lets make a Game that will piss them off so they come back for some more.

It is an average game. The map designs are atrocious. So many right angles. However, I still like the game because sliding and shotgunning is tight lol.

Does anyone know how to change the speaker config? its set to autodetect and i cant change it.
Game doesn't sound right at all.

Kind of want to ask for a refund. After finding out that the COD4 remake multiplayer had at most max 12 players I felt totally cheated out.

Kind of want to ask for a refund. After finding out that the COD4 remake multiplayer had at most max 12 players I felt totally cheated out.
I guess I tried it more out of morbid curiosity. The original on PC will always be superior due to the server browser and mods.

the wait continues for another great CoD game...they really should do what Ubisoft did with Assassin's Creed and take a year off and develop a potentially really great game...doesn't matter if multiple studios are working on these games they still need to take a break

the wait continues for another great CoD game...they really should do what Ubisoft did with Assassin's Creed and take a year off and develop a potentially really great game...doesn't matter if multiple studios are working on these games they still need to take a break
Yeah, agreed. I'll play IW until I hit Prestige or the playerbase drops and then I'll probably just go back to BF1 for the long haul. I only bought IW to get a change of pace from BF1, the WW1 weapons and high time to kill in non-hardcore matches wears on me, it's cool to switch between the games and play a couple hours of each, I burn out much slower.

Doesn't matter if they take 1 or 5 years off. Until they bring back dedicated servers/server browser/rented servers, the CoD series is good as dead on the PC platform. It's a pity TiFa2 uses matchmaking, its playerbase is already dropping.

There are a few genres, eg. MOBA style kinda games (like Overwatch), where you can get away with matchmaking - but any dev which wants MP FPS longevity on the PC platform needs to support dedicated servers properly.

I'm loving the game as well, surprised to see the backlash
Even though this is my first CoD since MW you don't have to know much to know the hate following for CoD is the biggest of pretty much any game in history. There will be lots of hate no matter what. Not to say this game doesn't deserve some of it, but I've played games that are REAL garbage and I wouldn't say this is anywhere near that level. It's just uninspired in relation to previous generations of the game. It's still a well developed smooth running game. I'm the kind of person that gets more pissed off by bugs, broken mechanics, and bad code that makes the game run like an unoptimized POS - this game has never dropped below max FPS for me once -- actually it's one thing I like better than Battlefield 1. In CoD I'm not penalized by playing the game on max graphics, whereas in Battlefield playing on Ultra is a huge disadvantage to you as a player due to how distracting the atmospheric graphic options are to the game. In fact, most competitive players use LOW settings in Battlefield so that they can see other players more visibly with less distraction, which takes away from the beauty of the game and the way it was "intended" to be played. Battlefield is STILL a superior game, I will probably always have more hours logged in it than CoD, but there are still SOME things I like better about CoD.

Even though this is my first CoD since MW you don't have to know much to know the hate following for CoD is the biggest of pretty much any game in history. There will be lots of hate no matter what. Not to say this game doesn't deserve some of it, but I've played games that are REAL garbage and I wouldn't say this is anywhere near that level. It's just uninspired in relation to previous generations of the game. It's still a well developed smooth running game. I'm the kind of person that gets more pissed off by bugs, broken mechanics, and bad code that makes the game run like an unoptimized POS - this game has never dropped below max FPS for me once -- actually it's one thing I like better than Battlefield 1. In CoD I'm not penalized by playing the game on max graphics, whereas in Battlefield playing on Ultra is a huge disadvantage to you as a player due to how distracting the atmospheric graphic options are to the game. In fact, most competitive players use LOW settings in Battlefield so that they can see other players more visibly with less distraction, which takes away from the beauty of the game and the way it was "intended" to be played. Battlefield is STILL a superior game, I will probably always have more hours logged in it than CoD, but there are still SOME things I like better about CoD.

I'm concerned about the player count because last night only 6k players were playing IW on steam, less than 2k on cod4 remastered

Windows Store refunding Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare due to player split...so anyone pissed off that they can't find anyone to play with can now get a refund

I'm concerned about the player count because last night only 6k players were playing IW on steam, less than 2k on cod4 remastered
Yeah. Looks like we won't get our moneys worth with this one. It'll probably be dead on PC within 90 days, but whatever. My attention span rarely lasts beyond that, and if it does it would likely be with Battlefield since their DLC expansions are typically somewhat worthwhile.

The truth for me is, I bide my time with these type of games until a new MMO or solid 100 hour RPG drops that I can really sink my time into. CoD/BF/most online FPS games are for me to spend about an hour or two a night on when I'm extra bored. I do lament buying the CoD Digital Deluxe though, even though I got it at a discount on GMG. I like the game but it's just too shallow and the player base won't stay long. I hate how these games do better on console because I f*cking hate FPS games on consoles.

Even better. PC Gamer review. 48/100.
http://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-pc-review/

It’s dated and, strange as it is to say about one of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, not the mainstream style anymore. In the compressed, rapidly fluctuating videogame timeline, Call of Duty is retro now.

Each release took a little bit more realism away chunk by chunk. And now because of this its a fiction based game which has droves of people leaving.

And then you get these groups of developers thrown together by corporate who all start collaborating and may not all be on the same page as to where the game goes. In the original COD IW was formed from the devs who worked on the Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Vince Zampella and Jason West had a clear vision of war games they wanted to make. They took that and made the first COD which blew up on PC Only. On the next COD 2 things already started to change for they now made for consoles as well. So that PC only feel was being eroded away fast, most notably blip markers on the mini map when you shot which enemies could see. . And here we are today.

I do not know why COD lefts its roots but it happened a long time ago.

Last edited:
CoD is in terminal decline on PC, you can only release the same game so many times on an annual basis before you drive away even your most loyal fan base.

Played some more. Yeah, still crap. However, it has a nice crappy feel to it that I want to continue playing. I can't explain it. Everytime, I would rather spend time on other MP games but I only get a few minutes and I would rather IW round than a longer TF2 round.

Completed the SP campaign, it was awesome. Turn your brain off and enjoy some old school FPS fun for a few hours. Not worth paying full price for the SP, but it's definitely worth the playthrough at least once for those who want a fun, linear FPS with tripleA production quality. The engine is getting quite old in the tooth, they've modded the hell out of it over the years and it's being held together by duct tape now - time for a new engine, but they did a good enough job with it.

I was very impressed with the indoor environments in this game, no longer being held back by the limitations of the 360 and PS3 they could up the budget on the polygons, lighting and the atmospheric effects. You could pause for a sec in almost any indoor room in this game and there would be some well done high budget level and modeling design to admire.

This SP entry is parallel to AC:Syndicate in a sense - a great entry in a waning series which brings the series back to it's roots with some good quality gaming, but sadly will probably be skipped by many due to being burned with the poorer entries in the past. Don't plan on playing the MP in this title, though if they ever bring dedicated servers back to the PC platform with this series, I'm back in.

IW is c**p to much bouncing around and I've never experienced so much Lag. I'm going to use it as a door stop that's all it's fit for. Going back to the old COD.

Completed the SP campaign, it was awesome. Turn your brain off and enjoy some old school FPS fun for a few hours. Not worth paying full price for the SP, but it's definitely worth the playthrough at least once for those who want a fun, linear FPS with tripleA production quality. The engine is getting quite old in the tooth, they've modded the hell out of it over the years and it's being held together by duct tape now - time for a new engine, but they did a good enough job with it.

I was very impressed with the indoor environments in this game, no longer being held back by the limitations of the 360 and PS3 they could up the budget on the polygons, lighting and the atmospheric effects. You could pause for a sec in almost any indoor room in this game and there would be some well done high budget level and modeling design to admire.

This SP entry is parallel to AC:Syndicate in a sense - a great entry in a waning series which brings the series back to it's roots with some good quality gaming, but sadly will probably be skipped by many due to being burned with the poorer entries in the past. Don't plan on playing the MP in this title, though if they ever bring dedicated servers back to the PC platform with this series, I'm back in.

Yeah, also finished and really enjoyed the campaign. Have about 15-20 hours logged in Multiplayer and that's enough for me for one lifetime. The lack of dedicated servers is just the dumbest fucking thing ever and shows they could care less because they know the game will be dead within 90-120 days so why pay for servers?

Back