Call of Duty Ghosts system requirements.

Why anyone would play any CoD game on PC beyond the original MW is beyond me....

I guess if you don't own a console etc....

MW2 ruined PC CoD for me.

I think they let you do it once

Yeah I think the unspoken rule is everybody gets one, unless the game in question is completely broken and/or not as advertised. I know, for example, they gave refunds for purchased of Dead Island when an early build was accidentally released on Steam, as well as The War Z when they released the game with a list of features they hoped to have one day, instead of a list of features that were actually present in the game.

Why anyone would play any CoD game on PC beyond the original MW is beyond me....

I guess if you don't own a console etc....

MW2 ruined PC CoD for me.

The Treyarch games are fine on PC. Adjustable FoV, dedicated servers, control options intact, decent amount of graphic options. They also patch frequently and Black Ops 1 even had mod tools.

For some reason Not-Infinity Ward hates PC or something and always reverts the positive changes Treyarch makes.

The Treyarch games are fine on PC. Adjustable FoV, dedicated servers, control options intact, decent amount of graphic options. They also patch frequently and Black Ops 1 even had mod tools.

For some reason Not-Infinity Ward hates PC or something and always reverts the positive changes Treyarch makes.

How do you access the dedicated servers on black ops 2?

how do I go about getting said refund?

contact Steam support via e-mail...but don't say you just don't like the game...make up something else like it doesn't work on your system or it's causing instability...no guarantee they'll give you a refund as it's their policy but no harm giving it a try...and as long as this is your first request then you have a shot

hyro.. no reason to lie to them for a refund.. Eat it this time.. in the future.. make them understand by never purchasing another game from them..

Trying to get a refund. Steam passed the buck to Activision. Activision support then passed it back to Steam. Steam support now having me run generic troubleshooting that has nothing to do with my problem.

Does anyone know why this game looks like dog shit?

There are a few levels with 1440p and max settings that look pretty good but the memory usage on both RAM and GPU RAM is insane for how it looks.

Honestly if it wasn't obvious with Infinity Ward's previous PC efforts this was doomed from the get go. We won't get a real next gen COD until Treyarch gets a hold of this.

Needless to say this is a pretty much the most bloated product I've seen in ages on the PC. Even though BF4 isn't perfect its still a damn good game and so much more worth your time then COD.

If you must play COD and unless its Treyarch don't ever bother with PC versions of Infinity Ward's products entirely.

Guys

Its no wonder this game sucks. The real good developers from Infinity Ward left and formed Respawn Entertainment and they are working on a new game. Activision was forced to scramble to keep cod alive and pretty much hired the wrong people.

It is now clear Treyarch who makes the Black Ops series is now the premier COD developing team. Black Ops 2 was killer.

I am prolly the only one that likes this game. Then again the last COD I played was COD 2. :D

Just got my hands on a copy.. As I thought.. The textures are insanely high quality.. My (2GB) VRAM is easily being maxed out just playing single player on max settings..

you sure you were playing the right game? :D

I am prolly the only one that likes this game. Then again the last COD I played was COD 2. :D

By all means enjoy it; but yeah, most of the criticism with this game is that it seems to be a pretty big step back from Black Ops 2.

If it's one thing I learned from this is.. I'm probably going to end up spending my money on Blops 2 instead.. I just assumed it was trash like Black Ops 1 and skipped it entirely.. The more I read about Ghosts the more I read about how good Black Ops 2 was..

If it's one thing I learned from this is.. I'm probably going to end up spending my money on Blops 2 instead.. I just assumed it was trash like Black Ops 1 and skipped it entirely.. The more I read about Ghosts the more I read about how good Black Ops 2 was..

Ops 2 is pretty darn cool and my friends and I had much fun and will be playing it more now since ghost blows

I thought Infinity Ward was the good developer in the early CoD games?...or my mind is probably mixed up

They were. Infinity Ward started the franchise. The original COD was great, and COD2 I thought was pretty enjoyable also. The first Modern Warfare was incredible. The hollywood fiction single player was forgettable, but the MP was truly innovative at the time. It was the first shooter than seemed to offer incentive to play MP via XP, unlocks, customization, etc. There was a goal beyond just winning. There's no denying that MW1 pretty much defined modern online play. It's a shame it stopped there. Most of the talent that founded Infinity Ward has moved on anyway, and are now are Respawn making Titanfall.

Why are people still buying this game is they know its going to be bad?

Well, looks like IW really messed things up here, if Activision really cared about the franchise they probably should have let TY handle things here, not that I even cared about this game in the first place.

Most people saw it as the beginning of the end of the PC when Robert Bowling went on a competitive FPS gaming podcast to announce IWNET for MW2. The podcast goes silent for a few seconds as they try to work out what he just told them.

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=746&Itemid=69

Interview starts at 12:02.

Ugggggggh. Robert Bowling.. That name alone just gives me the shivers.. That guy was the biggest tool on the planet. I know it was his job to defend IW and Activision but he did such a douchey job about it.

Most people saw it as the beginning of the end of the PC when Robert Bowling went on a competitive FPS gaming podcast to announce IWNET for MW2. The podcast goes silent for a few seconds as they try to work out what he just told them.

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=746&Itemid=69

Interview starts at 12:02.

"Should of turned the swear filter on."

Hi, PC community, fark you! -402

Funny, I guess it was right to be worried that we hadn't gotten jack and shit about the PC version as release came up.

Is anyone else geting stuttering?

This is so fucking annoying, both this and BAttlefield 4 I am getting stuttering like crazy even though my fps is fine (60 fps solid).

It's like a split-second stutter that makes aiming and things a huge PITA and drastically reduces my fun because of it and I have tried everything suggest, turn off overlays, vsync off, set the exe priority to normal, etc and nothing has helped.

The menu stutter/lag is fixed by going offline on the friends list or I assume turning off steam overlay.

Ingame I think any form of AA causes stuttering for me, also turn everything down to High instead of Extra and turn off shit like DoF, Distortion and Motion Blur. Looks like ass and jaggies all over but I get perfect FPS then.

I'm enjoying the campaign. It's a lot better than BF4. Graphics are a bit weird, some good textures and some really crappy ones. No idea how the game is using 5.5GB of VRAM on my Titan at 2560 though.

im still pleased with my decision to boycott after they took away dedicated servers for mw2.

I loved the 1st MW game, but im glad ive ended my time with the franchise

I'm enjoying the campaign. It's a lot better than BF4. Graphics are a bit weird, some good textures and some really crappy ones. No idea how the game is using 5.5GB of VRAM on my Titan at 2560 though.

On reddit one guy said the game doesn't doesn't flush anything from cache so RAM usage just keeps going up and up until you crash.

edit: which is why the game "requires" 6GB.

The last 2 COD's I've bought were BO and BO2, why you would pay for anything IW puts out is beyond me. Its beyond obvious IW is trash these days, hell they can't even the console versions right.

It was the first shooter than seemed to offer incentive to play MP via XP, unlocks, customization, etc. There was a goal beyond just winning. There's no denying that MW1 pretty much defined modern online play

BF2 did all that back in 2005, and i'm not very happy about it, multiplayer FPSs should be focused more on competitive gaming than pub stars and weekend warriors, they have to offer proper spectactor mode in-game recording matchmaking systems reliable hit reg etc

cod4 was just a noob friendly FPS running on an archaic graphics engine, martyrdom P90 airstrikes choppers noobtubes instant health regen grenade indicator zero recoil zero spread guns and the list goes on

Last edited:
Hopefully the game gets patched soon. Some say it runs better on nvidia graphics cards. Blurry right now and crossfire doesn't work. In other call of duties you could set the textures to native and it would fix the blurriness but theres no such option this time on this cod. Definitely needs a fov slider and show fps option.

Hopefully the game gets patched soon. Some say it runs better on nvidia graphics cards. Blurry right now and crossfire doesn't work. In other call of duties you could set the textures to native and it would fix the blurriness but theres no such option this time on this cod. Definitely needs a fov slider and show fps option.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Infinity Ward put out maybe 4 total patches to address cheating and one to address performance freezing over the years for MW2. Probably about the same for MW3. Honestly I would expect the same for Ghosts.

BF2 did all that back in 2005, and i'm not very happy about it, multiplayer FPSs should be focused more on competitive gaming than pub stars and weekend warriors, they have to offer proper spectactor mode in-game recording matchmaking systems reliable hit reg etc

cod4 was just a noob friendly FPS running on an archaic graphics engine, martyrdom P90 airstrikes choppers noobtubes instant health regen grenade indicator zero recoil zero spread guns and the list goes on

But thats what people like mate, thats the whole idea of CoD the simple fact is regardless of skill players can still get kills because of all the perks and all the nonsense they put in it. Not to mention the guns have barely any recoil

Its what sells at the end of the day, a scrub fest. :)

But thats what people like mate, thats the whole idea of CoD the simple fact is regardless of skill players can still get kills because of all the perks and all the nonsense they put in it. Not to mention the guns have barely any recoil

Its what sells at the end of the day, a scrub fest. :)

Its not really fair to call a game catered to the general audience a "scrub" fest. You can't call young teenage girls morons for listening to boy band music , they've been very directly targeted to and marketed heavily. COD is not meant for the more advanced FPS player. Shit even Infinity Ward admitted that COD is not really for the "gaming" audience.

I think most of the PC gaming community simply doesn't understand that about COD. You don't start up iTunes and then complain that Katey Perry is splashed all over the front page because she's popular. There isn't any point to it , people buy her music not because its the pinnacle of the genre but because she markets herself to young girls so damn well.

I don't even really blame Activision for pushing for a COD each year , if you are making billions of dollars and people just keep buying it well .. that's capitalism. Like or not , believe in it or not if you made a product that you could just make small adjustments too each year and it would result in you generating billions of dollars would your own ethics stop you from doing so? I seriously doubt it. That's just not how the marketplace works. In virtually any country.

PC gamers and point in fact PC gaming FPS gamers need to stop expecting COD to be anything other than what it sets out to be.. the Katey Perry of FPS games. Stop pre-purchasing COD games and expecting the developers to suddenly decide that the PC gaming FPS audience is now THE target audience and that they can expect billions in sales for fulfilling every desire we've had for a COD game.

I dont expect them to make a hardcore shooter, obviously its about money. I just enjoy ripping the piss out of the game

Back