Call of Duty Ghosts system requirements.

I think what convinced me it was next gen is the tea bagging objective in multiplayer.

I bought my copy off steam for fear of not getting the freefall map with the DVD version... Have to wait for my download though whatever I have a week off =)

I suspect even with my Duke Nukem forever skills I will get owned pretty bad in the game....

I bet the game just doesn't scale hardly at all and that's why the requirements are so steep.

My video card might get away with playing this game but just barley as I have a 6850 at 720p it might be passable but probably not at 1080p... however this game doesn't really interest me much and COD games never have good sales so I don't own any...

Defintely a try before you buy game.. $60.00 is usually enough to "give it a spin" first before plunking down your hard earned cash but the fact they even have a $120 "Hardened Edition" on top of a normal release sets off my "I'm not being burned this time" alarm..

Looks like someone has already released a FOV hack to increase it from 65.

Looks like someone has already released a FOV hack to increase it from 65.

*sigh*.. Even more reason for me to not pay for this until proven otherwise it is worth it.. The previous Modern Warfare games I paid for up front and got screwed because those idiot developers didn't do anything to stop multiplayer hacks. I'm a bitter curmudgeon about paying for games up front and the COD series gets all my blame for my bitterness. I remember numerous times on each game someone would just pop in chat, call out that everyone is about to get owned and wallhack and aimbot and whatever else the session to death until everyone rage quit.

I know this isn't a MP hack but it already gives me the "The game is weak" vibes...

any official reviews in yet?...$60 is too high for a blind buy...I hear the SP is really short (4-6 hours) but I only care about the MP...I did hear rumors that the MP maps are huge this time...maybe in a bid to get that BF feel

any official reviews in yet?...$60 is too high for a blind buy...I hear the SP is really short (4-6 hours) but I only care about the MP...I did hear rumors that the MP maps are huge this time...maybe in a bid to get that BF feel

Unlocking right now since I'm "in Germany" ;)

Has anyone found any PC streams online? All I'm finding are xbox...

Just got my hands on a copy.. As I thought.. The textures are insanely high quality.. My (2GB) VRAM is easily being maxed out just playing single player on max settings.. Will play through a bit and see if I want to plunker down $60 ..

Real game play SS.. No cutscene B.S.

3T7MnJw.jpg

AcmxO76.jpg

9DeOMQt.jpg

The textures are insanely high quality.. My (2GB) VRAM is easily being maxed out just playing single player on max settings

really?...a CoD game visually impressive and using 2GB+ VRAM?...the end of days are coming

post your 'official' impressions of MP as soon as you can :cool:

It was a bit too laggy for my tastes, even the menus lagged so I'll wait until it actually releases here. If it releases on the East Coast before the West Coast I may "relocate" for a few hours :D

I'll wait for MP review but as far as my impressions of the game engine... It's impressive for the visual quality it's pushing. I'm riding 60FPS easily at max settings and the texture work is impressive.. Just got to actual game play so I'm curious if it's the same old lame AI that respawns until you cross an imaginary line..

pMjS5ax.jpg

Damn using 2GB VRAM? looks like when i get a new videocard gotta make sure to atleast get a 4GB one haha

Damn using 2GB VRAM? looks like when i get a new videocard gotta make sure to atleast get a 4GB one haha

Yeah, it's easily eating 2gb of VRAM without even trying.. Thing is. It's not noticable in gameplay. I haven't noticed any hitching etc or HDD grinding slowdowns yet.. SP is sorta lame so far. Pretty much your standard issue COD "Dramatic dialog" "Run" "Random swarm of enemys at choke point" gameplay so far..

And Activision has asked Twitch to close down all the PC streams until its official release in 6 hours.

And Activision has asked Twitch to close down all the PC streams until its official release in 6 hours.

Not surprising. I'm eagerly awating a MP review but so far this looks like your standard issue activation game that is pretty looking but standard issue gameplay.. Graphically it's better than BF4 (without destructive enviroment) but gameplay wise its if I loaded up Modern Warfare 1.. It's the same old shit with more spit and polish on top.

game looks like shit to me. hell Crysis 3 on max settings looks way better and does not not even more than 1.5 gb of vram at 1080.

game looks like shit to me. hell Crysis 3 on max settings looks way better and does not not even more than 1.5 gb of vram at 1080.

Probably just needs better texture compression to make it smoother on 1gb video cards. Looks like standard COD shooter game-play. Nothing revolutionary here but it's most definitely the prettiest COD game out there and if the formula is obviously working for them there is no reason for them to change it.

It looks good but.. It's all corridor ... It's high res textures with the same old gameplay.

MSI overlay doesn't work on this so I had to take a SS of my G15 LCD

Maxed out Vram, high system ram, meanwhile the GPU Core and CPU are falling asleep.. It's all glitz and glitter

b4ijd33.jpg

Lol. I was playing that shit at 60FPS and it felt like I was getting maybe 2FPS. Maybe that's only the first level, but that shit is unplayable even to me and I'm usually not very sensitive to stuff like that.

lmao. Maybe I have to play this game, otherwise I'm not impressed with the games visuals.

Set the game to native, this game has the same bug as MW3 with graphics.

Apparently Polygon's review leaked ahead of the embargo but got pulled....

6.5/10

Mainstream garming journalists growing some balls or simply not had their palms greased enough?

I have 24% of the game downloaded I couldn't find a copy at Walmart where I work......I'm sure they had one but I went with steam so I could get freefall for sure.....

I'll see if this overhyped game is worth in on Wednesday =)

Apparently Polygon's review leaked ahead of the embargo but got pulled....

6.5/10

Mainstream garming journalists growing some balls or simply not had their palms greased enough?

The amount of time and $$$ and marketing they put in the game shirts caps and other perphs you would think they would deliver.

I wasn't in the electronics dept. last night so I have no idea how many people showed up.

Taken from another forum:

I was shocked with the amount of things REMOVED from the series....
COD GHOST PC is :-

Missing able to turn off music in MP
missing FOV slider
missing MP Ranked HC DOM [was in BO2]
missing MP Ranked HC CTF [was in BO2]
missing PING IN ALL GAMES/PING IS LOBBY [was in BO2]
missing Server lobby browser
missing PING SEARCH FILTER FOR GAMES/Regional-country filter for game searching [was in BO2]
missing Ping limit on servers(squads/ranked/custom-private)
missing Able to save custom private game settings [was in BO2]
missing Able to setup HARDCORE SQUADS and HARDCORE PRIVATE GAMES [was in BO2]
missing ESPORTS LEAGUE MODES [was in BO2]
MISSING COD TV/theatre mode [was in BO2]
Missing LAN mode
Missing COOP story line mode
Missing split screen on PC for SP/aliens/squads
Missing free clan dedicated servers for setting up ranked or unranked servers for clans

Polygon review - 6.5/10

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/5052646/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

Call of Duty: Ghosts is mired in a distinct lack of ambition. Outside of the stellar Extinction mode, Ghosts follows more often than it leads, bringing with it familiar missions, modes and experiences. Ghosts feels like an accountant's sequel, with just enough content to justify a new installment. It just never goes beyond that.

Destructoid review - 5/10

http://www.destructoid.com/review-call-of-duty-ghosts-264903.phtml

Call of Duty may have picked up a reputation as one of the laziest, most callously developed cash cows in the business, but I've always believed that reputation was undeserved. Call of Duty: Ghosts, however, with its slapdash campaign and unambitious multiplayer, contains enough factory-standard cynicism to earn itself plenty of scorn. Nothing Ghosts does is especially bad, but nothing Ghosts does is worth paying any attention to. It exists to exist, a stopgap bit of filler spat out as the industry transitions from one generation of consoles to another.

Contrary to the old saying, you can teach an old dog new tricks. Black Ops II demonstrated that with style. Ghosts, however, is a dog that simply doesn't want to change. It knows what it is, and sticks with it. It would be a respectable endeavor, if it didn't lead to such an underwhelming and predictable little product. What a sleepy, sleepy dog.

Goodbye.

Looks like Activision has finally Guitar Hero'd CoD.

Back