Call of Duty: Black Ops

Commander FAT

2[H]4U
Treyarch's next COD is called Black Ops.

Just sent them a tweet that was as follows:

"commander_fat @Treyarch For fucks sake DEDICATED SERVERS!!! DONT BE DOUCHE BAGS! PLEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSEEEEE! "

Hope it works.

The name makes it just sound like another Modern Warfare or a group Splinter Cell.

If it is set in Vietnam as has been reported, I imagine they are referring to SOG operations.

Come to think of it Call of Duty: SOG might have been a better title.

Whatever, I'm only renting it for console anyway. Activision can suck a donkey. Sorry Treyarch.

If Infinity Ward got strongarmed into ditching dedicated servers to simplify online gaming for dumbass gamers who only play The Sims and Farmville, I highly doubt Treyarch will be able to have the dedicated servers either.

Treyarch did CoD5 didn't they? Hmmmm i will probably buy and play singleplayer and avoid multiplayer like the plague if it's like CoD5.

If Infinity Ward got strongarmed into ditching dedicated servers to simplify online gaming for dumbass gamers who only play The Sims and Farmville, I highly doubt Treyarch will be able to have the dedicated servers either.

Still think it had more to do this mysterious Longterm plan Activision had for CoD. My only guess is it had more to do with making sure that the community couldnt mod MW2 so they could sell mapacks and push MW3 knowing there wouldnt be an existing community for MW2 the way there is for CSS/Battlefield/MW1 with Dedi support.

You'll notice the amount of people playing MW2 is already dropping off.

Current Players - Peak Today- Game

59,489 - 73,577 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
56,666 - 73,971 - Counter-Strike: Source

Thankfully from what we've seen with Respawn it looks like CoD is dead as door nails unless either Respawn wins the rights or Treyach pulls a out a miracle.

Last edited:
Treyarch did a great job with COD:WaW. i'm hopeful this will be of the same quality.

Treyarch's next COD is called Black Ops.

Just sent them a tweet that was as follows:

"commander_fat @Treyarch For fucks sake DEDICATED SERVERS!!! DONT BE DOUCHE BAGS! PLEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSEEEEE! "

Hope it works.

It's Activision. DS very unlikely. BK will want to profit from a P2P set-up once more. Pushing out DLC etc.

What are they going to call it TREYNET?!

In Black Ops the missions take place over several decades of the cold war, one or two missions taking place in Vietnam.

BOO! I just want a 12 hour singleplayer Vietnam campaign. Is that to much to ask for?

Watch it! I love the Sims :)

Yeah, I really think this is just so they can try to be in direct competition with MOH later this year. Both seem to invovle "elite" fighting forces and SF groups. As much as I am on DICE/EA's side for these releases, I really would like to see Treyarch pull through on this one.

Last edited:
Well if it does have Vietnam war sequences I hope that there's a helicopter sequence like the Valkyries attack in Apocalypse Now. So that I too can mow down farmers and school children.

I love the smell of Bawls in the morning.

Last edited:
Speaking of Apocalypse Now, when I heard that Vietnam would be a setting I found myself wondering if Martin Sheen would do any VO work for the game.

Air America ruined it for me. When I think of "black ops" in Vietnam, I think of Martin Downey Jr. and Mel Gibson cracking jokes in airplanes that are falling apart and crash landing, and them running around with pistols being chased by drug crazed viet cong.

Well if it does have Vietnam war sequences I hope that there's a helicopter sequence like the Valkyries attack in Apocalypse Now. So that I too can mow down farmers and school children.

Or how about a scene where you steal an army major's surf board!

Charlie don't surf!

Back to dedis... If Activision wants to actually compete with Medal Of Honor on the PC (which they probably won't care about) dedicated servers in Black Ops is a must.

And yes, Martin Sheen voice work would be pretty cool!

This may be the last COD game . IW has lost all of there coders and is said to be closing down. I have read that EA has picked up there heavy hitters.

Or how about a scene where you steal an army major's surf board!

Charlie don't surf!

Back to dedis... If Activision wants to actually compete with Medal Of Honor on the PC (which they probably won't care about) dedicated servers in Black Ops is a must.

And yes, Martin Sheen voice work would be pretty cool!

Consider this: Its my understanding that DICE Sweden was tapped to make the multiplayer side of the new MOH. ..... I get the feeling that dedis are going to be simply mandatory for that crew. :p

This may be the last COD game . IW has lost all of there coders and is said to be closing down. I have read that EA has picked up there heavy hitters.

Wont be the last COD branded game Im sure, but in all honesty they will never be like they used to be...

And its pretty cool that the guys from IW (that Im sure were pissed at how MW2 was taken hostage by BK and his greed machine) are finding work at top tier studios. I get the feeling Respawn Entertainment will be a big player in the years to come as well.

Just saw teaser trailer on Spike TV.

There are jungles.
There are guys in funny hats.
There are astronauts.

50$ and Dedicated Servers on PC.. and you can count me in. If not.. lawl

Also check this out

340x.jpg

screw black ops.. just get the mmo. or is blackops an mmo??

i'll buy it just because it is a COD, but i wasn't a fan of WaW.. i guess i'm just not into the "old" war games...

Back