Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII Revealed

They should have Mark Wahlberg and Tom Cruise as the protagonist in this game... cause it looks as lame as all the other reconstituted crap coming out of holly wood.... I swear today's gamers are like a cat chasing a laser dot...

I am not sure I care about the single player, and if Rainbow 6: Siege, Overwatch and PUBG are anything to go by, I am not sure other people care that much either. As for the Battlefront example, the reason that went so badly is that there wasn't enough content to make up for the fact it didn't include a single player, so as long as BlOps 4 can give its players enough content, I am sure it will be fine. I am not saying I am excited about it, but that it should be enough for fans.

This just looks like more of the same. BO3 DLC.

I went in hoping it'd be something new and cool and I might want to play. Nope. It's the same exact thing. I guess new maps and stuff will be cool for those that like it. It's just not my kind of game anymore. It became a generic shooter. It's becoming a Quake 3 Arena clone.

Even though I hate that it has no server browser I might end up buying this for 2 reasons. #1) Battlefield V is world war 2 and I am not huge on oldie time shooters. #2) EA decided to hire Trevor Noah as their launch host for BFV and fuck that guy

Just like every single COD before this one, I’ll be buying it for sure. No one makes a quick run and gun, jump into a multiplayer game like they do. Too much fun.

Likely on my Xbox One X too because the player base is just soo much bigger. Although I’m liking this battlenet deal they struck.

Just like every single COD before this one, I’ll be buying it for sure. No one makes a quick run and gun, jump into a multiplayer game like they do. Too much fun.

Likely on my Xbox One X too because the player base is just soo much bigger. Although I’m liking this battlenet deal they struck.
Wut? PS4 has more then double the units out there then the xbone. Well I guess a lot of them will pick it up cause they don't have anything else to play.

That was probably take on a console, I get that... but damn that looks like shit for a game with that budget. CoD WWII looked decent enough. But this looks about on par with those mediocre games that never exit early access on Steam. Graphics aren't everything but it is so ugly for 2018 it stands out. Maybe bad art direction has a hand in it to.

I can't get excited about it. It's a twitch game, and in the end there's only so many people who can be really good at this twitch shit. I like to play twitch games against the computer, but you can never assume that your fellow human beings will allow you to have an enjoyable multiplayer experience. If you're past (well past) your best twitch days the game becomes "Call of Duty: Respawn" or "Call of Duty: My Team Mates Told Me I Suck."

So instead of trying it, I will act aloof and superior, and then demean others.

P.S. Twitch games are for people who eat balls.

LOL, hot take. That made be laugh way to hard.

More excellent marketing :LOL:

Call%2Bof%2Bdoodie.jpg

Just sad to see how terrible the franchise has gotten. I remember vanilla cod. The good old days. Glorious times I had with friends. Used to play in twl with clanmates. Cod 4 I feel was the height of the series.

Just sad to see how terrible the franchise has gotten. I remember vanilla cod. The good old days. Glorious times I had with friends. Used to play in twl with clanmates. Cod 4 I feel was the height of the series.

I used to play in TWL and OGL for MOH:AA, DoD, and BF42

Heck yeah. I remember playing countless hours with friends on Hurtgen. Fun times indeed. And I agree, COD4 was the last good Call of Duty game.

Are these games still making the huge amount of money they used to? I just don't see the appeal in today's market...

Looking at steam population numbers, it certainly doesn't look like they do on PC anyway. I had the misfortune of grabbing Infinite Warfare at a bargain bin price of $7, and despite god knows how many annual iterations we are up to, it was still the same old tired linear gameplay in a recycled engine. The plot was trash, the graphics unimpressive and the MP was a dumpster fire and trojan horse for $DLC. You would think that given Activision is the steward of blockbuster PC IP's like Star Craft, Diablo, Warcraft and Overwatch, that it would know by now what it needs to do to engender community support and loyalty.

I only played modern warfare back in 2007 of the call of duty franchise as I have never been into it and got it free. But the animations like shooting, reloading, etc....it all looks the same as it has going back to that game in 2007.

It is fine if they want a MP only CoD game but they should have given it another name. People probably wanted a Black ops game with a story to continue where 3 left off. The game will probably beat records due to the addition of a Battle Royal mode.

Remember when Titanfall tried the 'narrative in the multiplayer' thing? That worked out well.

I stopped enjoying COD after blops 2, i've played the newer ones after friends pleaded with me to play with them, but no more.

I've read that Treyarch still doesn't know what the player count will be for battle royale which is not a good sign. I think BF5 will probably do a better job at a BR. We'll know may 23rd.

Anyone else bothered by these new non-blizzard games being added to battle.net? It used to be if you signed in to battle.net, every single game and bit of content on there was the amazing stuff that you can find from blizzard. Now I see ads for destiny 2 (and COD apparently). Trash littering something pure.

Yeah it's exclusive to Battle net I rather play Destiny which I just uninstalled because of matchmaking is dead in the water for Raids.

So, with the success of PUBG and Fortnite, now all these multiplayer FPS wants to do battle royale:confused:

How are they testing with a wide variety of hardware when all their stations look the damn same?

So, with the success of PUBG and Fortnite, now all these multiplayer FPS wants to do battle royale:confused:
Hollywood does the same thing. In fact it seems like just about everyone is taking the Chinese approach to everything - wait for someone else to find what works, steal the idea and run with it until everyone pukes from the monotony, it's cost-cut into uselessness, and/or there's a better idea to steal. There's no money in innovation when companies are mostly run by sales & marketing, give bigger budgets to sales & marketing than engineering & manufacturing, and pay sales & marketing more than engineers and lol @ the poor bastards making the actual widgets.

I bought all of the COD games up to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare in 2016.

I pretty much only ended up playing the single player campaign from what I remember. I have pretty much completely lost any desire to keep playing these games. Very little advancement in the game and most of the stuff they have added in the past I have hated. I see a note that they removed the wall jumping BS.... That is a perfect example of something that was added that most people hated...

We'll see. They are making it because people are buying it. I wasn't really that impressed with the game play that I saw so far. Time will tell I suppose.

I'm looking forward to Battlefield V....

ROFL! Top tier pricing ($60) for what is, without a storyline driven single-player experience, less than half a game?!

I REALLY lost interest when they mentioned microtransactions! It was only this morning, as I launched WoW, that I thought of clicking the CoDBO4 icon to check on the price as a possible "time filler".

If it were in the $20-$25 range I might've done it. However, seeing as how I shelled out $60 for Overwatch, and have less than 15 hours playing, I see no need to spend that much again for just another MP-only title I will only ever rarely play.

Back