Call Of Duty: Black Ops III Beta is live on PC.

How long is the single player on this, roughly in hours?

The main campaign is around 5-7 hours I think I've read. The nightmare campaign, I have no idea (haven't unlocked it yet) and the Parkour mode I have no idea either (haven't tried it).

Already numbers are dwindling on the MP side. Good I didn't buy any season passes or crap.

I figured it would have a dip from FO4 but hopefully its only temporary and people keep playing it. I jumped on until pretty late last night and never had an empty lobby which gives me hope that this one will stick around a little longer.

How is the aim down sight in the game? Is there a restriction of speed looking horizontally when aiming down sight?

The main campaign is around 5-7 hours I think I've read. The nightmare campaign, I have no idea (haven't unlocked it yet) and the Parkour mode I have no idea either (haven't tried it).
I figured it would have a dip from FO4 but hopefully its only temporary and people keep playing it. I jumped on until pretty late last night and never had an empty lobby which gives me hope that this one will stick around a little longer.

Its longer than 7 hours if you do it on higher levels of difficulty, no way you're getting through Hardened, Veteran or Realistic on your first play through unless you're godly. Nightmare, its fun (Kinda) I wish they would have taken the time to either rework the voice overs, or just omit them all together, that and the exponential growth of difficulty sucks as well, never thought I would have to kite as bad as you do. I figure its set this way for grouping, except no one is ever online for it lol.

I hope MP doesn't die but then again, the maps in this suck.... I got my $36 out of it, but no way I would spend more, or even buy it now.

So I thought I would update my crashing/unplayable situation for anyone still have trouble. After changing around just about every setting I could think of in game and out. I came across this youtube video of some guy saying he was having the same issue I was having, His was during the beta mine is in the retail game of course. The game would crash out on me after a map load saying system low on memory and sometimes give me a blackscreen on the desktop and sometimes just ctd. He said he changed his pagefile to 4096 min and 6144 max. Now I have an expensive ssd and I really didn't wanna have a large swap file especially when I have 16 gigs of ram but I tried it and low and behold no more crashing. Bear in mind I monitor my vital pc stats while I game on my nexus 7 using logitech's gaming software so I could clearly see the game wasnt using more than 6 or 7 gigs of system memory even after the map load yet it was saying low on system memory and crashing out? This game is a horribad port wit6h terrible resource managment but at least I can play now I guess. That said thew game is ehh ok I guess. Only played a couple of rounds so far though. Everything on high at my native res with just FXAA not the better forms of AA it uses just a hair less than all my available video memory which I find laughable but whatever. They need to patch this pos.

I hope I'm not doing unneeded harm/wear and tear on my ssd for no reason with such a large page file. What do you guys think?

Anyway just an update for anyone interested.

Couldn't one just use a dedicated hdd just for a swap file? Meaning put rhe swap file on a different drive other then his ssd.

I run my system with 3 different drives.. one 120gb for system and a large 512gb ssd for my games and a large 4tb 7200 hdd for everything else.

I'm not sure what I have currently for my swap file but I believe in the past I've just turned it off.. though I believe I've done a new install since and might not of bothered with it. I'll have to check it.

Couldn't one just use a dedicated hdd just for a swap file? Meaning put rhe swap file on a different drive other then his ssd.

I run my system with 3 different drives.. one 120gb for system and a large 512gb ssd for my games and a large 4tb 7200 hdd for everything else.

I'm not sure what I have currently for my swap file but I believe in the past I've just turned it off.. though I believe I've done a new install since and might not of bothered with it. I'll have to check it.

Ya thats a good point. I guess I could move my swap file to a regular HDD which I have in this box. Any reason I shouldn't from a gaming perspective?

I am loving the game. Have not played on PC since BLOPS1.

Only thing that makes me rage and go play something else for awhile is that I cannot seem to go a game without half the team using auto shotties. I tried using it and raped face it with it but it was not fun what so ever. I do not see the appeal behind it.

Killed the textures and now my ping is through the roof. Also getting a lot of jitters in game. WTF

i can't get multiplayer to stop stuttering. disabling gsync seems to help some but doesn't totally eliminate it. it's frustrating.

I can't set anything to extra, nor can I go past FXAA or I get black screen crashes about 1-2 minutes into gaming. Or if it does go past that it only does for another 1-2 minutes before crashing to desktop with a low memory error. So, I leave everything set to high, FXAA and vsync capped at 96 FPS which is my monitors refresh. Smooth with those settings.

Don't know where they're getting you need a 980ti for 1080p play. Even when I did crank everything up for those 1-2 minutes I was getting 80-90 fps.

I am getting the same issues as everyone else with the stuttering. Running an Asus PG278Q @144hz on 980Ti SLI. Awful.

Don't notice any problems.. no idea if rhe game updated automatically or what but no probs.

Edit to mention I'm on win8.1pro 64 if that matters.

Last edited:
I installed this yesterday and got a few hours of MP in, and just tried the SP briefly. On my system (in sig) I don't get the "dull textures" issue that was posted a few posts back. Very sharp (in some cases incredibly so) textures on Extra.

In MP I get a little stutter with Shadow maps set to extra. If I turn that down then everything is smooth as butter. I turn off the order independent transparency (whatever it's called) because that murders my framerate as soon as some type of sprite effect happens in my face (like water splashes or grenade smoke.)

It really seems like developers of AAA PS4/Xbox One games really need to nail down how to get the PC ports to handle the massive texture budgets that these games have now. Whatever high-speed streaming method on the consoles they use obviously doesn't work right on PCs, even with 4gb of VRAM. We've had Arkham Knight, Fallout 4, this, and others I'm probably forgetting or not aware of.

Watch Dogs was another... granted when I OC'ed my VRAM I had no problems, however I can't get past High settings or its fubar city in BO3.

Just in case you guys didn't know, Call of Doody has a 2XP weekend. Bitches are going crazy in nuketown... :D

yeah I played some last night. surprisingly, shallow tactics like double XP are enough incentive to get me to play :D

Haymaker 12. Just run around spraying.
Doesn't work that way on most maps including nuketown. People running around with haymaker are also fantastic in terms of movement. I went haymaker for a test drive and was the worst player in the match.

Had a blast with 2XP weekend. Already hit level 41/42. Enjoying the crap out of this game. It is best COD since MW and BLOPS 1. The MP is really fantastic. I have trouble finding matches sometimes but once I am in, it really is an absolute blast to play. I think I got my money's worth with this puppy. I give it a 9/10 in MP. Haven't touched the SP yet and won't until MP completely dies out.

Also my Titanfall withdrawals are gone after playing this game.

Haymakers with controllers are kinda OP atm.... its pretty obvious... Just because you sucked at it doesn't mean others do lol.

I haven't played a COD game once in a while but this one is pretty darn fun. I am really liking nuketown.

I can't set textures to ultra with out getting a black screen crash with an error saying out of memory. Not a big deal atm but i just find it strange. My buddy with 2 odd the same cards i have can run at ultra no problem. For me anything higher than high it will crash right after a map load.

I can't set textures to ultra with out getting a black screen crash with an error saying out of memory. Not a big deal atm but i just find it strange. My buddy with 2 odd the same cards i have can run at ultra no problem. For me anything higher than high it will crash right after a map load.

Somewhat of the same happens to me. I might make it through 1-2 maps before crashing or might not even make it past 1 map. Sometimes I'll get 3-5 minutes in to a map and it'll crash.

Very strange. I do have my textures set to extra.

I'll look into this game when they finally release the dedicated server files. Then my friend and I can have our own server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qGTdToZiro

I'm a little behind on my video game news but the Multiplayer maps look great I like the Water Theme Park map. Comes out in the first Week of February I'm going to wait on the DLC purchase though depending on how popular the game is a month from now and people who bought the DLC.

Skyjacked has me convinced. I want the DLC now. It is still easy to find a game and this COD is the most time I have spent with. I think I will indulge.

Back