Call Of Duty: Black Ops III Beta is live on PC.

About RAM, if it's 32-bit app, it won't consume more than 4gb. Also, I've seen tests where unoptimised PoS like unpatched Arkham Knight and 65 tab chrome browser was running at same fps on 8 and 16gb RAM. I highly doubt, that it will be first game that actually needs 16gb to not dip fps. Hell, In Battlefront, that is supposed to need 16 gb, any difference between 8gb and 16gb on ultra 1440p Hoth.

IMO it's the SSAO that causes most of issues. After I failed it from extra to high, fps counter is rocksteady 60, and the difference in details is hardly noticeable.

And yes, I almost bought the 16gb kit, trading my 8gb set... But luckily I came to my mind, read several tests and then saved about $130.

So the AK type guns iron sights DO NOT line up correctly if you are playing at an FOV greater than 65. The bullets actually hit somewhere above the red dot on the sight, none of the other guns I've used have this issue. It didn't seem like this was happening until after that update to the servers, or I somehow didn't notice it.

Terribad game. On the rig in my sig I get horrible slow down and it looks like junk. Recycled story anyone?

Looking for some people to play with. Tired of playing with plebs in Kill Confirmed that do not go for tags.

Add me on Steam - Lame. (white skull with red X as eyes)

Request sent. (Gorunova)

Last edited:
Console xbox One or pc on my rig at 1440?

I can't decide.. fighting possable issues on the pc or just plug and play on the console?

Is there any pluses on the pc?? Better graphics and control? Faster load times?

Last edited:
I would not buy this game on the 360.
Having a blast on PC. Nuke town is the best ever. Haven't even tried other maps.

Console xbox 360 or pc on my rig at 1440?

I can't decide.. fighting possable issues on the pc or just plug and play on the console?

Opps!!! Ment Xbox One.

Now that I have put real time into it, it sucks that its not optimized, this is by far the best BLOPS to date if I didn't have FPS dips I would be in heaven. I messed my build out up, but still I'm enjoying where I'm at.

Played through campaign, wasn't impressed.

maxed quality except fxaa without motion blur, 4790k/32gb ram/980ti sli/1440p 120hz gsync, parts of it ran okay but there was lots of stuttering. Lots of areas with low quality textures, bugged shadows, or model clipping.

Story was bad.
AI unpredictable in difficulty, either dumb as rocks or nearly invisible with 100% accuracy. Still programmed to infinitely respawn until you reach follow through to the next linear checkpoint.

Gun physics felt bad compared to previous ones (and I've played all the cod campaigns.)
"special" abilities seemed op at times but the game bugged out a lot and wouldnt let me use it

Apparently it's also okay in games to punch girl characters in the face, and let robots rip their limbs off now lol

metacritic user reviews out of 10
pc=2.3
xbone=3.6
ps4=4.7
360&ps3=1.2

Just got my Refund from Steam, Horrible game, it looked and played like the original Black Ops. I had no stuttering in Multiplayer but the single player was a poo fest.

Just got my Refund from Steam, Horrible game, it looked and played like the original Black Ops. I had no stuttering in Multiplayer but the single player was a poo fest.

I did the same. Love the refund system. I'm an idiot for even buying it in the first place. Never again, unless they do a complete reboot and some other company makes it with a brand new engine.

COD in it's current state is a copy/paste/skin money machine and it's horrible.

Heh just never know what to believe anymore with comments.

I'm on the fence but prob will grab the deluxe version key before the day is threw on the pc.

Console xbox One or pc on my rig at 1440?

CoD is never a good idea on the PC because the player base is so small. Console wins for COD solely for that reason. You can actually play every multiplayer gametype if you want. On PC after the initial launch frenzy, the player numbers settle, and there are not enough players to play anything other than TDM and domination on any consistent basis. So right now BOIII has around 50k players according to steam charts, but that's going to dwindle to 10k, then 5k... etc. They don't give you numbers for BOIII on Xbox, but when I remember the numbers from older games, there are hundreds of thousands of players on Xbox live playing at any given time. I wish it was the opposite because PC is my favorite gaming platform for just about every other game, but c'est la vie. Just buy a Xim4 and be done with it!

For those getting crappy settings on PC, when I tried the beta, there were some initial silly default settings that were ruining the graphics for me, and when I switched them it ran smooth as silk at 1080p. And at that time I was running it on an i5 2400 with a GTX 760.

Getting crashing as well. I'll have to mess with settings. Never see my mem usage go over 9GB. Maybe video drivers. I'm on the latest beta. When I say crash I mean my monitors go black and windows is locked up.

Getting crashing as well. I'll have to mess with settings. Never see my mem usage go over 9GB. Maybe video drivers. I'm on the latest beta. When I say crash I mean my monitors go black and windows is locked up.

I had the same issue and turned the aa down to fxaa and turned the Order Independent Transparency and the Volumetric Lighting to off and it seems to have fixed it. I might turn the aa back up and check.

CoD is never a good idea on the PC because the player base is so small. Console wins for COD solely for that reason. You can actually play every multiplayer gametype if you want. On PC after the initial launch frenzy, the player numbers settle, and there are not enough players to play anything other than TDM and domination on any consistent basis. So right now BOIII has around 50k players according to steam charts, but that's going to dwindle to 10k, then 5k... etc. They don't give you numbers for BOIII on Xbox, but when I remember the numbers from older games, there are hundreds of thousands of players on Xbox live playing at any given time. I wish it was the opposite because PC is my favorite gaming platform for just about every other game, but c'est la vie. Just buy a Xim4 and be done with it!

For those getting crappy settings on PC, when I tried the beta, there were some initial silly default settings that were ruining the graphics for me, and when I switched them it ran smooth as silk at 1080p. And at that time I was running it on an i5 2400 with a GTX 760.

Thanks for the insight.. xim4?

An adapter so you can use your mouse on the Xbox. Expensive, but totally worth it if you're a PC gamer refugee like me.

Most apt description of CoD courtesy of Jim Sterling's review...

It’s not an unfair stereotype, you know. In my very first full match, someone was yelling “bitch-ass n***er” over and over again, at nobody in particular. Someone else was playing their acoustic guitar as if anybody in the world gave a shit about their mediocre musical proclivities. Another refused to mute their microphone even while a baby screamed loudly into it. Scum. All of them. Scum of a terrible Earth.

Thank God there’s a “mute-all” function built directly into the options, but I have to wonder if the folks behind Call of Duty ever listen to the audience they’ve attracted, and ask themselves if they’ve done something wrong. Given the increasingly tacky marketing these games get, I can only imagine they got exactly the kind of people they deserve, but I wonder if they’re fine with that.

Thats depressing.

Thanks..yeah read some quick reviews on it on Amazon. Seems like too much of a Hassel and expensive when I could just play fps on the pc as its built for it.

Literally the only hassle I have had was getting my NAT type to Open with pfSense.. Took me all of 10 mins to fix after I tried a few things.

I have had one micro stutter in MP in the 2 hours I have played it. And two micro stutters that lasted maybe 5 seconds in SP in the 2-3 hours. Those were the only times I hit below 90 FPS with everything on High and nothing on 'Ultra/Extra'.

3930k @ 4.5/780 SLI/144hz G-sync/16GB/Win 10

Heh just never know what to believe anymore with comments.

I'm on the fence but prob will grab the deluxe version key before the day is threw on the pc.

The multiplayer is fantastic and runs great. I played about 20mins of the campaign before the patches are there were some stuttering issues. If you, like the overwhelming majority, buy the game for the MP and Zombies then it's the best game since BLOPS2.

If for some odd reason you buy the games for the 6hr campaign then this may not be the game for you.

The multiplayer is fantastic and runs great. I played about 20mins of the campaign before the patches are there were some stuttering issues. If you, like the overwhelming majority, buy the game for the MP and Zombies then it's the best game since BLOPS2.

If for some odd reason you buy the games for the 6hr campaign then this may not be the game for you.

I've never bought a fps gsme for single player mode since the original doom and quake 1 *edit* and duke nukem!!. So sounds like I need this damn game!

Either I suck, or you rushed through it to only get 6 hours. There's many different ways to go about the single player, its probably the best to date with all the different playstyles you can use to get through it.

Either I suck, or you rushed through it to only get 6 hours. There's many different ways to go about the single player, its probably the best to date with all the different playstyles you can use to get through it.

I only played the campaign to test performance with the newest nvidia drivers. I don't play the cod campaigns. But a buddy of mine finished it ~ 7hours.

Now it's for sure, COD is just spinning wheels... Spending money (single and multiplayer) for some other game is smart.

I bought and am playing the single player mode. I don't have any issues at all running it @ 2560 x 1600, all graphics options maxed. No stutters either, and I played for about 7 hours straight with 0 crashes.

Also, my rig has 32GB of memory. The game used 22GB. :D Oh well, putting that RAM to good use! ;)

Nice! Bought the deluxe version off the egg and now downloading it on steam.. 48.1GBs. 4 hour download. :/

I turned the AA down to FXAA and left everything else cranked. No crashing in 2+ hours of playing.

I'm surprised to hear you say that but that's cool to hear I guess. Anyone else feel the same?

I'm not really a huge fan of it to be honest but I think that I just need to give it a little more time though. There is so much going on that it's a little overwhelming. You can get flanked from pretty much every direction in this one. Between new game play mechanics, different HUD/class systems/etc it feels really foreign. I'll probably change my tune in the future.

The Zombies mode (real reason I bought the game) and campaign, however, are great. I'm loving it.

edit: Trying to blast through the SP as quickly as possible to unlock nightmare mode. Looks very interesting.

Glad I went threw and got it for the PC!

Runs surprisingly super smooth contrary to what ive read about it over the past few days. Butter smooth with max everything on my rig and the frame rates are reading max at 144 FPS that I have the monitor set at!

Great game so far.. i'm a free for all guy at heart. Weapons seem cool and its different enough from the last one.

Having fun is all that matters and i'm having plenty of that.

Also love the fact that's theirs split screen for 2 players! My son is gona flip out when he gets home from school and finds out I got the game and also we can both play at the same time!

Also love the fact that's theirs split screen for 2 players! My son is gona flip out when he gets home from school and finds out I got the game and also we can both play at the same time!

Even better (although, I admit I haven't tried it yet), you can run split screen across two displays. If you have two monitors, setup a custom virtual single display resolution in CCC or nVidia CP. Then change the split screen setting to vertical. If this works well, it could be pretty awesome but I'm guessing you'd still be sharing the same audio output. Still better than trying to use half the screen

Even better (although, I admit I haven't tried it yet), you can run split screen across two displays. If you have two monitors, setup a custom virtual single display resolution in CCC or nVidia CP. Then change the split screen setting to vertical. If this works well, it could be pretty awesome but I'm guessing you'd still be sharing the same audio output. Still better than trying to use half the screen

That does sound cool but at what cost on performance?

read an article today which stated that 91% of sales (in the UK) are from console users...not surprising

Back