Call Of Duty: Black Ops III Beta is live on PC.

Yes, stuttering. I did make the CPU INI change from a page or two ago on Reddit. It helped a bit, but not much.

I am playing at 1440p on max settings, so I'll see if more RAM helps. If it doesn't I guess something else is going on.

let us know how it goes. For the hell of it, you should try dropping your resolution to 1080p and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't then it might be something else going on.

good luck

Don't know if this helps anyone but there are new drivers at least on the Nvidia side dated 11-4. Might be equivalent situation on the ATI AMD side as well. One of those little things that might matter if it hasn't already been addressed.

Don't know if this helps anyone but there are new drivers at least on the Nvidia side dated 11-4. Might be equivalent situation on the ATI AMD side as well. One of those little things that might matter if it hasn't already been addressed.

Nope, I run the game with tchem, and it was dropping FPS like hell. What really helped the problem was cutting SSAO to High from Extra, all the dips disappeared, and game now playes great.

Trash game, trash port. My poor 770 kept dipping into the 45's at 1920x1080 - taking the mouse control with it. Uninstalled in disgust after the first "real" mission, where it asks you to unload about 15 rockets on one enemy who continues to pummel you, completely unphased lmao :mad:

A poorly optimized console port needing 16GB RAM is a bit laughable. I have no problem upgrading, and I did so immediately after seeing the reports that it would be needed, but I've never had any problems in any other game ever.
Not sure which games you have been playing but 8 GB ram was also an issue with AW maxed out at 1440p, Shadows of Mordor at 1620p and recently Farcry 4 off the top of my head. Talking about system ram not video ram.

Trash game, trash port. My poor 770 kept dipping into the 45's at 1920x1080 - taking the mouse control with it. Uninstalled in disgust after the first "real" mission, where it asks you to unload about 15 rockets on one enemy who continues to pummel you, completely unphased lmao :mad:

Set your mouse polling to 250 to fix the mouse acceleration issues. Then drop your graphics settings to keep your frame rate up. :)

Not quite. The XBONE and PS4 have 8GB of RAM. These games are usually tweaked to use every last drop of the available resources. Given that we run RAM hungry fully-featured operating systems and the consoles run bare-bones shells, it makes sense that 8GB PCs aren't up to the task.

And that 8GB can dynamically allocated as VRAM or system ram at the whim of the AMD chip. Basically as PC peasants we have to build our systems above that spec. I'd go so far as to say that this is the beginning of the system ram drive as the consoles haven't even started the optimizations that occur 3 years in where they suddenly get faster due to better tools.

:)

Not sure which games you have been playing but 8 GB ram was also an issue with AW maxed out at 1440p, Shadows of Mordor at 1620p and recently Farcry 4 off the top of my head. Talking about system ram not video ram.

I've beaten the first two (AW and Mordor) and played a couple hours of FC4, all at 1440p, and had no problems at all.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
We have made a patch to address performance issues people have been experiencing on some CPUs including Intel i5 processors.

Please keep the feedback coming, we are hard at work getting your issues resolved.

-TA_PCProd

Just hit.

There is something that has to be turned off. I can't remember what it is but it affected my mouse control at first till I figured it out. I think it had to do with setting the max fps to your screen refresh rate.

Popped my new 16GB RAM in, and aside from it making my motherboard lose all of its settings, this now runs perfectly. Played about ten minutes of the first mission w/o any frame drops, whereas with 8GB I'd be getting them every few seconds. That TPU article is spot on.

Well for me, this Day 1 purchase has not been a disappointment for multiplayer.

It runs silky smooth (2560x1440) at anywhere between 90-110 FPS on a GTX980 / 16GB mem/ i7 @ 4.2Ghz / SSD drive. Just about all settings on High (not extreme).

Ive had no FPS drops, no crashes, no connection issues. I opened port 3074 to ensure my NAT was open and not moderate. My Ping tends to be around 40-50. No issues with kill hit markers / kill zones etc.

Just a ton of fun tonight. I like the jump effect. Its slightly toned down from advanced warfare, and the wall running is balanced without being over the top.

One downside for me is some of the maps seem really bright... Ive literally turned my screen brightness to zero, and the game brightness to -1.0 (ie lowest).. and they still seem bright.

Oh, and the fact the again, hardcore mode has limited game modes compared to standard (I do like how it shows you the % of people playing each category though). Most people seem to prefer non hardcore though (62% when I was online).

Well worth my money.

Popped my new 16GB RAM in, and aside from it making my motherboard lose all of its settings, this now runs perfectly. Played about ten minutes of the first mission w/o any frame drops, whereas with 8GB I'd be getting them every few seconds. That TPU article is spot on.

I ordered 32GB of Crucial Ballistix 1866 ram off Jet.com for $137. Not going to get this game yet as I'm pretty casual about CoD. I'm getting it for Star Wars BattleFront as it recommends 16GB of ram according to the GMG store page.

Nuketown. Absolutely love it.

The new verticality is absolutely great, wall run and double jumps make the game really great. I am dying much less from gernades because of this. Thus far MP has scratched the itch I had since Blops2. I give it a 9/10.
Also for the first time in COD my connection is also stable lol.

Last edited:
Is this game actually doing something to justify 8 Skylake processing threads? -_-
Looks like every other CoD multiplayer I've seen in the last 10 years.

You have to remember that it's coming from consoles that require that the CPU be loaded up to get any semblance of performance. I wouldn't expect a company to rewrite their code to save the PC user's CPU cycles. :)

Like I said, Intel and AMD should be jumping for joy right now. Quads should take the place of the dual cores, and more 8 cores should be added to the lineup. There should be a feature to use 2 cores on one thread for Turbo instead of boosting a single core's speed.

That's nirvana for me. ;)

I've been following this thread and I am fighting with myself NOT to buy this game. Every time I buy a COD gam,e I get pissed at myself since I get let down every year for one reason or another. This game needing 16 gigs of ram to run properly is utterly retarded. As per the norm it wreaks of nasty sloppy console port no surprise there. That said I'm still on the fence.

A little bit OT but as I don't read the steam forums much because of all the trolls and morons one thing always sticks out. Why are there so many russian posts? Have the steam forums become the metting ground for the russian gamers of the world or what? I notice some forums over there are almost completely loaded with just russan posts. What am I missing?

I noticed that too about the steam forums. At first I thought I stumbled on a Russian-only steam site. I have no idea what's going on over there.

I've been following this thread and I am fighting with myself NOT to buy this game. Every time I buy a COD gam,e I get pissed at myself since I get let down every year for one reason or another. This game needing 16 gigs of ram to run properly is utterly retarded. As per the norm it wreaks of nasty sloppy console port no surprise there. That said I'm still on the fence.

A little bit OT but as I don't read the steam forums much because of all the trolls and morons one thing always sticks out. Why are there so many russian posts? Have the steam forums become the metting ground for the russian gamers of the world or what? I notice some forums over there are almost completely loaded with just russan posts. What am I missing?

It will run smooth as butter on your setup. Best COD multiplayer yet IMHO.

It's pretty damn fun. I like is as much as I liked Black Ops 2, which is quite a bit.

Having 8 GB system ram is a bit laughable in 2015. Either lower your textures etc or upgrade ram. Can't have both.

I wouldn't insult people and call it laughable. I searched this exact question a few months ago and 8GB was still plenty for almost all games on PC.

Here are two examples

http://www.techspot.com/article/1043-8gb-vs-16gb-ram/page4.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2592078/ram-gaming-2015.html

Anyway, is Blops 3 worth $60 plus the cost of more ram? From early impressions/reviews I don't think so. I may change my mind as the game settles in a few days/weeks.

Is this game actually doing something to justify 8 Skylake processing threads? -_-
Looks like every other CoD multiplayer I've seen in the last 10 years.

Exactly, GTA V vastly superior graphically runs just fine with 4k no MSAA on my rig, this is just coder vomit and nothing more.

saw a twitch stream of someone playing the cyber zombie mode, graphics looked 2006 era, gameplay just so bland. maybe SP graphics are better.

Well I caved and bought it from GMG 42 bucks ehh not bad I guess. I really liked Blops 2 as well so I figured wtf why not give it a shot. Although I do not like the idea of how shitty they port these games over for us. I have plenty of ram but that's not the point I still believe this is terribad coding for it to need 16 gigs ffs. Downloading now from steam. I'll post my impressions later on.

@Savory I've been playing it today and i like it more than II. i'm getting a issue where after 20- 30 min or so the game just runs at 6fps even in the menu. got lucky this last time and it didn't happen until the game was over and at the menu. any ideas? ive got the latest drivers 358.87. and the only change i've made to the recommended settings was take the "filmetric" or whatever it's called smaa down to 1. which didn't make any impact on performance. getting 60-65 avg i say. some spots 70. (nothing on extra) game is using 4-5 gb ram and 3.5 gb gpu ram.

i5 2400,Gtx 970,16GB ram, samsung ssd, rog swift 1440p@144hz & windows 8.1.

Last edited:
Well I caved and bought it from GMG 42 bucks ehh not bad I guess. I really liked Blops 2 as well so I figured wtf why not give it a shot. Although I do not like the idea of how shitty they port these games over for us. I have plenty of ram but that's not the point I still believe this is terribad coding for it to need 16 gigs ffs. Downloading now from steam. I'll post my impressions later on.

I bought the game from a cdkey selling site for a bit less as I just learned the game will have modding support and dedicated servers. I'm sure they will patch the performance issues, in the mean time I should be able to run it fine with my 32GB of memory.

@Savory I've been playing it today and i like it more than II. i'm getting a issue where after 20- 30 min or so the game just runs at 6fps even in the menu. got lucky this last time and it didn't happen until the game was over and at the menu. any ideas? ive got the latest drivers 358.87. and the only change i've made to the recommended settings was take the "filmetric" or whatever it's called smaa down to 1. which didn't make any impact on performance. getting 60-65 avg i say. some spots 70. (nothing on extra) game is using 4-5 gb ram and 3.5 gb gpu ram.

i5 2400,Gtx 970,16GB ram, samsung ssd, rog swift 1440p@144hz & windows 8.1.

I haven't played yet so I have no ideas for ya bro.

Well the pos game keeps crashing on me after i adjust some graphics settings or even when I was looking at the perk guy things or whatever. Tried restarting a few times no help. Googled the issue they said to install that media pack app for windows 10 which I did no help. I left AA on fxaa everything else maxed 1440p no idea what the problem is. Everything else runs great on this box so I don't see the problem there but whatever. I'll mess with it later or tomorrow.

There is a memory leak in the game, so unless you have 24+ GB RAM, you might want to consider quitting and restarting every hour or two.

Overall, first impressions:

This game is very friendly to new players. It still suffers from the spawn from behind syndrome, which will help them get kills.

There is major aim assistance going on. I'd guess to say that a controller is better to use than a kbm with BO3.

Mouse lag still exists, but it's much better than the beta. Network lag still exists, but same. It's vastly better than Advanced Warfare though.

The auto shotgun is overpowered. I'm surprised more people aren't using it.

Realistic difficulty is very, very difficult. This is probably the hardest campaign in CoD ever if you play realistic difficulty, as the enemies take multiple headshots to kill, yet almost everything is an instant death if you get hit.

Graphics look alright. Geometrically (i.e., polygon wise), it looks last generation, but the textures are fairly high res. This might also be why the game can use 12 GB VRAM. With Titan X SLI and a 5960x, I can keep a solid 60 fps @ 4k consistently.

Only 12 multiplayer maps and 11 campaign missions.

I played for 4 hours straight yesterday without any crash or stuttering. Seems High or Ultra settings are the only thing causing that.

Well the pos game keeps crashing on me after i adjust some graphics settings or even when I was looking at the perk guy things or whatever. Tried restarting a few times no help. Googled the issue they said to install that media pack app for windows 10 which I did no help. I left AA on fxaa everything else maxed 1440p no idea what the problem is. Everything else runs great on this box so I don't see the problem there but whatever. I'll mess with it later or tomorrow.

Must be the tri-sli. Try using only 2 cards maybe.

Edit: It may be a windows 10 thing.

Looking for some people to play with. Tired of playing with plebs in Kill Confirmed that do not go for tags.

Add me on Steam - Lame. (white skull with red X as eyes)

Back