Call Of Duty: Black Ops III Beta is live on PC.

Having a lot of fun with this. The jump/dash movement is just right, toned down quite a bit from Advanced Warfare. Gunplay is standard COD which is fun in my book.

I never played Advanced Warfare, but this game feels nothing like previous CoD titles I've played. It feels like a cross between Battlefield 4 and Titanfall. It's not a good combination in my opinion.

Uch, they still insist on using their shitty ass match making system and UI instead of just giving PC users a proper server browser. Activision is fucking clueless, no wonder the CoD brand is dead on PC.

I wish the game had a cleaner look to the maps I'm only going to hang on to it because it shows some promise hell it might be more active then AW was.

I am thinking about getting this on the PS4. On PC I am sure not many people will buy. It is a bit pathetic that 60% of people are playing Team Deathmatch. Seriously, in a beta?
Gameplay feeling is 10X better than AW and Ghosts. It is back to like it was in BLOPS2 which I loved but I am sure there won't be a PC community for this game at all after 10 days.

I am thinking about getting this on the PS4. On PC I am sure not many people will buy. It is a bit pathetic that 60% of people are playing Team Deathmatch. Seriously, in a beta?
Gameplay feeling is 10X better than AW and Ghosts. It is back to like it was in BLOPS2 which I loved but I am sure there won't be a PC community for this game at all after 10 days.

Team death match is really the only game mode besides free for all that would interest me. I don't care about the other modes. Frankly the 6 on 6 limit imposed on this game is fucking pathetic. Every game has taken a step backwards since CoD4.

I don't know about everyone else but I am enjoying the game. I'm not sure I will continue to enjoy the game but so far so good. Definitely a lot better than AW. I can actually get 3/4 kdr which was something that I could pretty much never do in AW.

I also am extremely happy that headphones are actually a benefit and I can hear people's footsteps. AW this was non existent.

Just tried it, not impressed. No dedicated servers, even with a ping of 30 I still get constant lag because of the stupid P2P system, not sure who is to blame but I thought Treyarch confirmed there will be dedicated servers? Or maybe they will implement it on the final build? Not that I really cared because I wasn't planning on getting this game, I only downloaded it to see how well it ran on my system.

Last edited:
Just tried it, not impressed. No dedicated servers, even with a ping of 30 I still get constant lag because of the stupid F2P system, not sure who is to blame but I thought Treyarch confirmed there will be dedicated servers? Or maybe they will implement it on the final build? Not that I really cared because I wasn't planning on getting this game, I only downloaded it to see how well it ran on my system.

The dedicated servers could be coming later, but if mouse acceleration is really tied to FPS than the devs can shove this one.

Capping in game FPS to my monitors refresh rate fixed the mouse sensitivity problem for me. Only game I've had to do that with.

I tried that and it did not fix the issue for me.

Of the 3 different mouse settings I only adjusted the top one. The bottom
2 are at 0.

I would also try set everything on medium. I myself didn't notice a difference between high and medium but the game does run smoother.

Really feels like you could do a lot more to stay alive in AW, gameplay was more vertical and the maps more open.

This feels grounded in comparison back to the whoever sees who first wins type gameplay. I guess people love that shit.

Its great that Activision included PC in the open beta testing, because it gave me the opportunity to confirm first hand that I can go another year without wasting time and money on another insipid CoD rehash. :cool:

Its great that Activision included PC in the open beta testing, because it gave me the opportunity to confirm first hand that I can go another year without wasting time and money on another insipid CoD rehash. :cool:

Exactly. If they had done this for AW, I never would have bought it.

Played the beta on both my PC and Xbox One. Very disappointed in the PC version. It plays fine but barely looks any different than on the Xbox One. Hoping that is just because of the beta. If you hook up an Xbox One controller to the PC it behaves exactly like the console version. If anyone here has both a PC and a next gen console I would not bother getting it for the PC.

Im sorry, but who in their right mind would want to play an FPS with a fucking controller? :mad:

Im sorry, but who in their right mind would want to play an FPS with a fucking controller? :mad:

This. The only games I prefer on controllers are fighting and driving games. Everything else I'd prefer a mouse and keyboard for.

The autoaim you get in this game while using a controller is ridiculous. As I said earlier people were saying they were willing to give up turning ability for the "snap to" ADS, autoaim, and target tracking by using a controller on the PC version. But it has resulted in some hilarious confrontations, where I sometimes walk into an area and 3-4 people are in a circlejerk trying to out turn the other and I just kill them :D.

Apparently Treyarch is trying to get back the PC community.

FOV is 120 max.

We’ve been listening to one of your top requests and are excited to announce that modding and mapping are coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 PC!

We’ve still got a lot of work left to do, but here’s our current plan:

You will be able to create Maps & Game Modes and more!

We will include Unranked Dedicated Server Files with the tools so you can run servers with modded content anywhere you choose.

We will provide an Unranked Server Browser so you can easily find and join servers with modded content.

Closed Alpha target date: March 2016

Dumb asses over at Activision finally realise that their anti-community stance killed off sales on the PC platform.

I'm surprised people on here are even talking about em still. I still hate myself for buying BO2. The premium editions are like $100 and there will be no one playing next year b/c the next one will already be out lol.

I only mentioned it since I kept seeing the news everywhere and was surprised it wasn't posted here already.

Without a server browser for ranked play, I don't care what they do. You won't get me to touch it.

There's nothing more hilarious than a Call of Duty "sale" on Steam.

So this is more like Titanfall than BLOPS 1 or 2? Fail. BLOPS 2 was at least bearable.

didn't even realize the game was coming out this week...special Friday release?...CoD must really be a huge seller on consoles as it seems to have died on PC many, many years ago

So this is more like Titanfall than BLOPS 1 or 2? Fail. BLOPS 2 was at least bearable.
The game is still very much Call of Duty. You can't compare it to Titanfall in anyway just because it has wall running and double jumping. The verticality has been toned down a lot from Advanced Warfare balanced to where it's very reasonable. I thought the wall running and double jumping in the beta was really tight and fun in the available maps. From what I played in the beta, Treyarch has done another fine job.

didn't even realize the game was coming out this week...special Friday release?...CoD must really be a huge seller on consoles as it seems to have died on PC many, many years ago

It's relatively dead compared to consoles, but the PC versions used to sell millions of copies,but I don't think they have sold over a million copies since Ghosts on PC.

http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=call+of+duty

The verticality has been toned down a lot from Advanced Warfare balanced to where it's very reasonable. I thought the wall running and double jumping in the beta was really tight and fun in the available maps. From what I played in the beta, Treyarch has done another fine job.

i agree, i'm glad they toned it down. what they've done feels like it compliments the game rather than becoming the focus.

Without a server browser for ranked play, I don't care what they do. You won't get me to touch it.

I didn't pick up on the server browser only being for unranked games, or the fact that the ETA for all these wonderful features is almost 6 months after release.

More to the point, the fact that they caveat these promises with "Please remember that this is software development, so things don’t always work out exactly as planned. Sometimes features slip or drop off altogether, sometimes they get replaced with other, more awesome features as we hit into limitations of our original plans." means that anyone ought to treat it with the suspicion and cynicism that Activision has rightfully earned over the years (especially given that the mod tools for BLOPS1 were completely half arsed from what I understand).

Forgive me padre but I have sinned. Picked this up for 40 caps from greenmangaming.

COD games are still fun on PC.

I have a weekly gaming session with a mate and we tend to play competiviely against each other so at the end of every round we award each other a point for who got most kills, least deaths, most points. And every time we kill each other if on opposite teams it's +1 point or +3 for a knife kill. Treble points for a final round kill !

Some of the most tense matches ever, especially if you are just a few points behind. Often ends up quite close by the end of the night in terms of total points.

The only COD I skipped was ghosts which truly was dire. We play mostly on advanced warfare or black ops 2 at present but it will be good to get a fresh influx of players for the new black ops 3.

Haters always seem to keep on hating, but I keep on having fun and get dozens of hours out of each game which makes this COD a day 1 purchase.

Never really had a problem with the match making or no server browser (although I admit I wish they actually used a server browser and dedicated servers)

Back