Call Of Duty: Black Ops III Beta is live on PC.

So apparently its only available if you own a recent CoD game, pretty lame and short sighted.

Is this game available to the general public?

EDIT: Never you mind, just saw the post above me.

20k people playing at 9am eastern time.

I tell you this much - I don't like it. It's not near as smooth as Black Ops II. I think it plays worse than Ghost and Advanced Warfare. I am highly disappointed. It even looks bad after cranking settings.

How does the ADS (Aim down sights) feel? Is it just as bad as advanced warfare? (When panning?)

How does the ADS (Aim down sights) feel? Is it just as bad as advanced warfare? (When panning?)
According to a post earlier in the thread it's still bad, supposedly so the stock attachments for weapons actually do something. It's times like these I am happy I have a mouse with DPI adjustments that can be made in real time.

20k people playing at 9am eastern time.

I tell you this much - I don't like it. It's not near as smooth as Black Ops II. I think it plays worse than Ghost and Advanced Warfare. I am highly disappointed. It even looks bad after cranking settings.

Agreed. And I'm one of the few suckers that actually liked almost all of the COD titles....not liking what i see here. Too much parcour wall jumping and duck thrust jump fly duck wall running,

Agreed. And I'm one of the few suckers that actually liked almost all of the COD titles....not liking what i see here. Too much parcour wall jumping and duck thrust jump fly duck wall running,

The jumping crap doesn't belong in this game, leave that to Titanfall. They should have just gone back to WW2, would have been much fresher considering there haven't been any great WW2 games in the past few years. (RO2 is good, but not the same as CoD)

Worth getting Black Ops 2 for $15 to play until 3 is out (while playing 3's Beta)?

Worth getting Black Ops 2 for $15 to play until 3 is out (while playing 3's Beta)?

No. If BLOPS 2 still had a decent amount of players I would say yes since it's an excellent game. But just for the BLOPS 3 beta, you might as well go to gamestop or something and pay the $5 for the preorder to get the code.

Or could just buy BlOps 2 for the beta on Steam and then refund it. Still not worth the hassle, methinks.

It's worth it. I find games easily every night when 2 or 3 thousand people playing.

Once people see what crap the new game is they will be back to black ops 2

I did for $15 about a month ago and I am having fun playing it. It also got me the BLOPS3 beta access. I will try it out this weekend.

thanks for the heads up cagey i'll try it out this weekend. i liked Advanced Warfare and thought the jumping/agility stuff was a nice novelty, but i think i've had my fill of it. was hoping it wouldn't become a standard mechanic of future COD games. they feel better on the ground to me.

Last edited:
If someone have a spare beta code for BO3 PC pm me. Want to try it. Thanks

EDIT : Thanks to LiquidX for the token. Really appreciated :)

Last edited:
Downloading now thanks for the heads up! Would've never noticed it. I enjoyed Ghosts but hated AW. By far the worst game in the series. Not to happy about boost jump in BLOPS 3 though but I'll give it a try. Maybe they will have a classic mode or something.

The mouse input seems really off for some reason. Most games have a raw input option but I didn't see one. No matter what I did I couldn't get the mouse to feel right.

If anyone's got one of those token things to give, I'd appreciate one as well. I'm debating getting Blops 2 with all the feedback.

1.)Mouse Acceleration tied to FPS

2.)Rat fucked mouse controls that are so bad its a systemic problem

3.)Class-Specific ability's are designed COMPLETELY for Console. Hand-cannon/Bow/Railgun are just garbage grade cheese kits that implemented on PC is hilarious

4.) Game still looks "meh" maxed out, frame rates judder and certain effects bring my 980ti to a ~8FPS crawl, which tied with all the FPS/Mouse issued just makes it funny.

5.) Flinch when boiled down and observed 1/8th speed is hilarious and a huge reason why the controls don't feel tight.

6.) Input lag but i guess the whole "worst mouse controls since EVER" was an Award worth winning.

7.) Ping disparity is so bad even the Garbage-Grade killcam cant keep up, player positions are maybe a 10th off maybe even a quarter sec depending on Ping and server hz. When on the bleeding edge this makes it feel like people are able to observe and engage you well before your client updates.

So basically and i mean BASICALLY this game is AW with less boost, if someone wants to explain to me how its not i'm willing to laugh

GG Treyarch

Yeah they seriously need to fix the mouse input badly its unplayable for me. I have to lower the sensitivity down so much just to be accurate and its unless when I'm trying to shoot someone right in front of me.\

EDIT: What fixed the mouse input lag for me was setting the in game framerate to match your monitors refresh rate. Its still not perfect but 90% better. Actually playable now.

Last edited:
I don't think it's near as polished as AW let alone BLk OPS 2

To me the game play and graphics are inferior to all other COD games. It's as if their good programmers left and what they have left are simply not as good. And to think they had 3 years to make this is incredible as well while all the other games were 2 years.

I feel bad. I have literately been waiting for this for 2 years. I got to find a new game because playing Black Ops 2 for three years is not going to happen.

Plays like Black Ops Titanfall...

Plays like Black Ops Titanfall.....

Plays like Black Ops Titanfall. .......

An accurate description. The game felt leggy no matter what I did. I don't care for the free running shit and again the player caps are way too low for their map sizes. With 6 on 6 in TDM the map felt like a ghost town. No thanks.

I don't know, game is playing fine for me. I turned off mouse acceleration and left the sensitivity and filtering at the default setting, and just adjust the DPI on my mouse an the mouse control is fine. I'm running the game with G-sync capped to the refresh rate, if that makes any difference.

The game is also pegged at 144 FPS on my PC with all settings at max at 2560x1440, with no stuttering or juttering. Memory usage is definitely high, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. System memory usage peaked at 18 GB on my 32 GB system, and the game used 9 GB of the 12 GB of VRAM on my TITAN X.

The only issue I have is network connectivity. While the games I played last night were all fine with everyone playing in the 30-50ms ping range, characters on my screen did not move smoothly even though the rest of the game did, making it difficult to get a bead on targets.

I will say that autoaim with a controller is so ridiculously overpowered. Many people are playing on PC with a controller for that simple fact, as the advantage of snapping to and tracking a target far outweigh the deficit in turning ability

Map size I feel is pretty good overall. Ghosts made the mistake of making maps too large, while Black Ops 2 on the whole felt too small. Map design is definitely more inspired than IW or Sledgehammer, with good use of verticality and diversity in pathing.

Despite TTK looking extremely short from the console streams I've watched, this also feels pretty good from what I've played on the PC. They must have made it longer on the PC version because I can actually survive running away and moving in and out of cover while under fire. Unfortunately this may exacerbate the controller autoaim balancing issue.

Overall I like what I've seen and I'm definitely considering picking it up now. It further cements my opinion that Treyarch are currently the best dev house working on the Call of Duty series. They took what Sledgehammer did in Advanced Warfare and toned it down to something that is generally fun and sensible.

After dialing in the mouse input I am doing way better now. 3:1 kd a few games and the rest were 2:1.

Im enjoying it, I really liked titanfalls gameplay. I wasnt a big fan of AW, was way to bouncy for me but blops 3 seems like a nice mid point between titanfall and AW. Gun play feels like cod to me still, I wouldt pay full price but will look at it when its cheaper if its still alive next year (to many games I do want like halo 5, fallout 4 and battlefont)

It starting to sound like you need a very expensive video card. The problem is that goes against the grain of past COD titles where midrange cards could play just fine.

My gtx 760 looks retarded in this game. The guys post above states it plays nice and he has a Titan and the game uses 9 out of the 16 gb vram. No wonder my 2 gb card sucks in this game.

It starting to sound like you need a very expensive video card. The problem is that goes against the grain of past COD titles where midrange cards could play just fine.

My gtx 760 looks retarded in this game. The guys post above states it plays nice and he has a Titan and the game uses 9 out of the 16 gb vram. No wonder my 2 gb card sucks in this game.
I can't speak to Advanced Warfare, but Ghosts was hardly friendly to any kind of hardware. It ran like pure shit on anything. I remember when the first Black Ops came out that people were also complaining then that it ran poorly on fairly decent hardware.

I think this one is doing the same sort of caching that Advanced Warfare did, so it's going to use as much memory as available to improve loading and streaming performance regardless of total memory available. I admit though that my PC is probably in the 1% as far as configuration goes. But Dan_D is in the 0.1% with SLI Titan X and X99 and he says the game feels laggy.

I was having issue with my intel 2500K @ 4400 and R9 290 on high, frames seemed to be good but it kept hitching. Dropped everything to medium and game runs like butter now

I can't speak to Advanced Warfare, but Ghosts was hardly friendly to any kind of hardware. It ran like pure shit on anything. I remember when the first Black Ops came out that people were also complaining then that it ran poorly on fairly decent hardware.

I think this one is doing the same sort of caching that Advanced Warfare did, so it's going to use as much memory as available to improve loading and streaming performance regardless of total memory available. I admit though that my PC is probably in the 1% as far as configuration goes. But Dan_D is in the 0.1% with SLI Titan X and X99 and he says the game feels laggy.

In fairness I think I've got one card dedicated to PhysX as I had no choice but to for Arkham Knight to behave. When I get home I'll try on both cards. I'm also running at 4k.

In fairness I think I've got one card dedicated to PhysX as I had no choice but to for Arkham Knight to behave. When I get home I'll try on both cards. I'm also running at 4k.

You really need to be running above 150 fps if you want the lag to disappear. I'm running pretty much the same hardware as you, and when I turn on vsync, the game becomes significantly more laggy. I've stuck to 1440p to play the game, which is about 200 fps minimum. As for older hardware, not sure how to fix it if you can't hit that framerate..

Make sure you have GeForce Experience installed because I noticed it slipstreamed a profile for the BlOps 3 Beta in after I ran it for the first time. I can't test it since I'm not using SLI anymore.

You really need to be running above 150 fps if you want the lag to disappear. I'm running pretty much the same hardware as you, and when I turn on vsync, the game becomes significantly more laggy. I've stuck to 1440p to play the game, which is about 200 fps minimum. As for older hardware, not sure how to fix it if you can't hit that framerate..

Make sure you have GeForce Experience installed because I noticed it slipstreamed a profile for the BlOps 3 Beta in after I ran it for the first time. I can't test it since I'm not using SLI anymore.

That's horseshit on both counts.

1.)Mouse Acceleration tied to FPS

^ This. I couldn't dial in my mouse no matter what I tried. It seemed to just jump all over the place. I just quit the game and spent the rest of my time playing BLOPS2 last night. Also, the player count is so low it was actually a bit boring.

I will try what someone else posted about matching the frames to the refresh rate and see if it helps.

Back