Call of Duty: Black Ops II Limited Editions Unveiled

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Activision may have bested itself with this release of its limited edition Black Ops 2 release bundle. The price will slow you down a bit at $180 bucks, but all of the goodies packed inside are worth the steep pricing. They are also offering a slimmed down package for $80 bucks to make sure everyone can get in on the bundle goodness.

I wonder how many times they can trick people into buying the same thing on a yearly basis.

Nice -- so they are telling me i can spend a car payment for a game engine that's 5 years old. Get some cool coins and a cheapo quadcopter?

Modern Warfare 2 cost ~ 40-50 million to make. It's marketing budget was about 4X that amount. If that's the only way you can sell a game then your game just plain sucks if you have to spend a quarter of a billion to brain wash the public into buying it.

I'm holding out for the Call of Duty 15: My little pony edition personally.

But if you pr-ordered the standard game, the 2nd wave of exclusive stuff includes the Nuketown 2025 map (only reason the missus wants the game really), tough s#!t if you didn't order before the end of July.

Nice -- so they are telling me i can spend a car payment for a game engine that's 5 years old. Get some cool coins and a cheapo quadcopter?

Modern Warfare 2 cost ~ 40-50 million to make. It's marketing budget was about 4X that amount. If that's the only way you can sell a game then your game just plain sucks if you have to spend a quarter of a billion to brain wash the public into buying it.

I'm holding out for the Call of Duty 15: My little pony edition personally.

Of course. Are you forgetting the radio control car and the "nightvision" goggles from the previous game bundles? In a year or two you'll see another CoD game bundle with some other toy you can get from a mall kiosk for $30. As much as I'd like to bash CoD(and it is running on a horribly outdated engine, but their primary focus is annual releases on consoles anyway so it shouldn't be much of a shock), it's not like other game companes haven't released limited editions for silly prices that come jam packed full of junk that's worthless to anyone besides the most diehard fan of whatever game it's packed with.

I wonder if they fixed the eyefinty/surround? I have to run widescreen fixer to get it to render properly.

The game aside -- because I dislike it -- I'm not really impressed by the package. Random shit that doesn't really "jive" together. I mean the remote flying thing might seem cool for a few minutes but I'm sure you could get something a hell of a lot better if you wanted to for that price.

I would actually buy this if they released the bundle for the PC version. I buy very few games on release, but a cool Collector's Edition will usually push me towards purchase.

Look at sports games. People buy a slightly updated Madden every year.

The nice thing about this is usually the previous year dramatically goes down in price. I usually pick up the last year or year before copy for cheap.

Alternatively they could make an awesome game, not advertise it and wonder why they only sold a fraction of the copies and made a fraction of the money :p

Could you use the giant plastic box for fishing tackle? Probably too flimsy.

What a waste of plastic and ecology......gas is 4 dollars a gallon and these two idiots are trying to sell the "awesome" CE plastic shit bag......how many times did they say awesome?:eek:

So they're trying to make pogs cool again? Interesting...

I'm going to venture a guess and say that they're not going to catch on a second time.

All I've got to say about this "packaging" is L O L.

Man , if you want the FULL COD experience you've got to pay hundreds of dollars now. How sad.

...but all of the goodies packed inside are worth the steep pricing. They are also offering a slimmed down package for $80 bucks to make sure everyone can get in on the bundle goodness.

Sure hope that's sarcasm in your text there. They can keep the damn box, the "goodies", the DLC, and the game too.

'Bundle goodness?!" What, are gaming companies competing with cable company bundles now?

Get off my lawn!

I wonder how many times they can trick people into buying the same thing on a yearly basis.

I couldn't agree more.

Call of Duty Players would disagree
355ft6.jpg

I felt that way after modern warfare 2.

I was too, but BLOPS had dedicated servers so I gave it a shot. I played it a bit more than Modern Warfare 2, but ultimately I never enjoyed them as much as I did CoD4.

ha ha, I still like COD4 best, custom mods, custom maps. The new one come and go. Not buying it.

I can see kids and CoD hardcore fanboys buying this shit, I won't, what a waste of money and looks like garbage really.

The Black Ops 3:CE will have some hooker in camouflage panties jump out of the box and suck your dick.... and an art book.

I'm still waiting for that new, kick ass, infantry only fps to come take the crown from cod on pc.

and waiting....

The Black Ops 3:CE will have some hooker in camouflage panties jump out of the box and suck your dick.... and an art book.

I'm still waiting for that new, kick ass, infantry only fps to come take the crown from cod on pc.

and waiting....

OK, look I might buy that one.......only if the art book was good though......:eek:
Does it come with condoms?

i picked up the BLOPS collectors edition w/ the silly car for $25 on clearance.

The car is kinda neat....kids like it.

Okay, but why?

I've enjoyed each installment after CoD4 less and less. The game's are all essentially the same and I'm not going to pay $60 for different maps and guns on a linear rail shooter with a multiplayer component that's only been made worse and worse over time.

Back