Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 2020

Prop hunt has been fun. Anyone try it yet? I missed it the first time around and saw it was back again.

So pretty much half my games are 180 ping with 15-20% packet loss. Ive had two where I had zero ping. I was partied up with some friends so I exited the match. My friends all got host has quit errors and dumped to the menus on both of those games. So much for dedicated servers.
5EEB3999-AC99-4473-B52F-89A05A81838C.jpeg

So pretty much half my games are 180 ping with 15-20% packet loss. Ive had two where I had zero ping. I was partied up with some friends so I exited the match. My friends all got host has quit errors and dumped to the menus on both of those games. So much for dedicated servers.
View attachment 313198

damn, wtf? I rarely ever have any ping issues

damn, wtf? I rarely ever have any ping issues

yea maybe it’s just me. My NAT is open. All other mp games I play I’m always 10-20ms ping. ATT gig fiber. Oh well I love the game, just this lag and game stutter is killing me.

yea maybe it’s just me. My NAT is open. All other mp games I play I’m always 10-20ms ping. ATT gig fiber. Oh well I love the game, just this lag and game stutter is killing me.

that’s terrible man, hope you figure it out. That would drive me nuts for sure.

Google deleting cod game cache.
I've noticed various releases aren't clean updates.
CW I had to clean install Warzone bc of the persistent settings in .ini kept crashing the game on boot.

So something I don’t get about tdm, a lot of the time I have similar kills and kdr but someone might have twice my score, why is that?

So something I don’t get about tdm, a lot of the time I have similar kills and kdr but someone might have twice my score, why is that?

The players with higher scores just did more things during the match that awards points, such as shooting down spy planes/helicopters, achievements, score streak bonuses, etc. There are like million achievements in COD lol.

Well the high ping / packet loss I Have been experiencing seems to be gone. I only get to play 2-3 days a week a couple of hours at a time. I stil get dumped into a Hispanic speaking lobby once per day and have the crazy high pings. But that’s fine. The stutter after 4-5 rounds is gone as well.

I’m enjoying the raid / crossroads 24/7 server. Ive almost got my KD to 2 which is good for me. I think the gun play is great in this game. Working on maxing out Smg’s now.

Every time there is one of those 200-300MB updates for MW/Warzone I see the same for Black Ops. I presume these are executable updates to stave off cheaters.

Well the high ping / packet loss I Have been experiencing seems to be gone. I only get to play 2-3 days a week a couple of hours at a time. I stil get dumped into a Hispanic speaking lobby once per day and have the crazy high pings. But that’s fine. The stutter after 4-5 rounds is gone as well.

I’m enjoying the raid / crossroads 24/7 server. Ive almost got my KD to 2 which is good for me. I think the gun play is great in this game. Working on maxing out Smg’s now.
Are you set to a different region than the one you’re in?

How active is the DLC for finding games? Game is 20 percent off but I rather spend 69.00 on alot of other things.

Every time there is one of those 200-300MB updates for MW/Warzone I see the same for Black Ops. I presume these are executable updates to stave off cheaters.
As far as I know Warzone is integrated into Cold War just like it is in Modern Warfare 2019 now. All the multiplayer systems are tied into it, so you can't have regular multiplayer without Warzone.

As far as I know Warzone is integrated into Cold War just like it is in Modern Warfare 2019 now. All the multiplayer systems are tied into it, so you can't have regular multiplayer without Warzone.
Not from what I see. I still need MW installer just for warzone. Yes, Cold War shows the warzone option when first launched, but that will just go and launch MW client when you click it.

Is anyone getting crashes in this game with error saying scan and repair your game?
For this game engine, this is almost always due to having bad RAM. You may not have any other issues elsewhere, but run an overnight memtest.

I have backed down my memory overclock to XMP. Will play more and see if it fixes the issue.

I have noticed a particular clan name "codename" that is mighty shady. In every game with one of them, they start off as pretty decent players, after about a quarter to a third of the game has passed, suddenly there k/d goes from about 2 or 3 to 1, to at least 5 or 6 to 1, more often 8-10 to 1 and their score sky rockets.

I have also seen quite a few kill cams with the high level players snapping from one kill to the next and accidently trying to fire through an object at someone they shouldn't know is there.

I don't know what today's update was supposed to do, but most of the time my first couple shots aren't registering.

Something has happened since the last patch, I am seeing a lot of level 1 z 5 players that are going 20 or 30 to 1.

Recently there seems to have been a large influx of pc players using controllers to abuse the aim assist, and a couple who use it to try and hide cheating.

It’s mind boggling that they even allow it on PC multiplayer.

Anyone having trouble with the game launching? I have tried everything. All of suddent it just will not launch. I have reset graphics, scanned for repair, disabled antivirus, reinstalled the game, reinstalled the game on different drive. You name it I have tried it. I am so pissed.

No problems here, other than the ever increasing number of pc players abusing aim assist and then acting like they are good at the game.

Edit: And the ones who try to hide cheating by using a controller are even worse, or I am being out up against straight pro players /shrug.

Last edited:
I don't know what changed but today the game just started crashing mid game, straight to desktop, no errors or anything. I've tried countless solutions aside from a clean install which I really don't want to do. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: fresh install did not fix

Last edited:
I don't know what changed but today the game just started crashing mid game, straight to desktop, no errors or anything. I've tried countless solutions aside from a clean install which I really don't want to do. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: fresh install did not fix
Windows sneak any updates on you?

Back