Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 2020

Those MP5 reload animations look horrific. It would be reusing content, but they could've just taken the animations from MW. When its perfect there is no need to redo it. Save time, add in an extra new weapon or something.

Pre-load live for PC on battle.bet now? Not home to check.

42GB or so, downloaded and ready to go now.

Does anyone know if it goes live @ 9PM PST tonight? Says it starts on the 15th for people who pre-ordered. Hoping it goes live tonight.

mail.jpg

Almost bought a case of Mnt. Dew at work last night but don't need the sugar lol.

Last edited:
Blizzard installer gives me the option to install now even though I didn't purchase the game Open Beta is the 15th.
So I'll see if it's worth it the last good Call of Duty I still think was COD AW with the Lasers and futurist stuff was just fun.

Open beta is on the 15th. Will give it a try, but will probably just wait for the next BF and continue playing MW.

Just leave twitch open to a streamer with drops enabled, make sure you link your battle net acct to your twitch acct.
Usually doesn’t take me very long to get access.
It’s how I got into the Mw2019 beta early, valorant, Hyperscape, etc.

turn volume down, but don’t mute the stream.
leave it on 1 guy, don’t flip around.

So the game is supposed to take place during the Cold War/80s and they are using modern weapon attachments? Looks like it going to be some lazy asset reuse right out of the gate.

The Beta isn't up yet

Call of Duty Cold War beta – start time and platforms​

The beta kicks off on Thursday, October 15.

It'll begin at 10am LA time, 1pm New York time, and 6pm London time.

Last edited:
Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 10_15_2020 12_24_46 PM.jpg

This game in the beta state is really really clunky lol no idea what my FPS was some of the maps and modes are a joke. I might get a refund not sure how that works with Blizzard the Battleship map was nice but the layout is pretty amature I could see this map being camped to hell once you know it.

This is the only video you need to watch after playing this game =)
I refunded it looks good but it's clunky and it's going to be totally unfair once you get seasoned people playing.

So the game is supposed to take place during the Cold War/80s and they are using modern weapon attachments? Looks like it going to be some lazy asset reuse right out of the gate.

Same deal with BFV. They talk about how they're doing something new by making it WWI, then proceed to fill every class with automatic weapons and red dot sights.

On one hand iron sights are hard to get right in games, on the other, I think they could make them work well with some nice graphical technologies.

Sights like these are pretty much impossible to use in games because no one seems to bother mimicking how the eye works when you look through them.

1200px-Visierlinie.jpg

Seems more like a laziness issue, coupled with games wanting to have lots of unlocks. And Call of Duty taking pride in being unrealistic, for some reason. It is awkward seeing people defend the crappier animations and sounds in this game and saying they prefer it to MW.

Last edited:
Bout to hop on my pc and give it a spin in a few minutes.

will report back in an hour or so

Bout to hop on my pc and give it a spin in a few minutes.

will report back in an hour or so

😿 Hope your experince is better than mine you might want to upgrade your Nvidia drives see if that helps.
I think Treyach had alot of sick leave this year..,..,

Last edited:
😿 Hope your experince is better than mine you might want to upgrade your Nvidia drives see if that helps.
I think Treyach too alot of sick leave this year..,..,

yah I’m on the latest official ones that just came out the other day for this beta

jumping on now

I think Treyach too alot of sick leave this year..,..,

I played a few hours of the new mode and regular ol team death match.

I had fun, wasn’t expecting much. It’s just a beta and COD after all. I’m more a battle royale player these days anyway.

I dominated from the get go. Runs fine on the 2080 Super, maxed out @ 1440p. No hiccups of course. Only hiccups caused were server side where a few matches the ping would jump from 15-25ish to about 100 for a few seconds and then normalize

All in all, I can tell you guys this. It’s COD. If you like COD, you will enjoy this game and the new content.

The sniper rifles are fucking retarded and way too easy.

You can literally just peek like a complete idiot into 5 rounds and still win fights.

edit: I've decided this game is completely terrible. I stomped idiots for a few games and now every match is the CPL Winter Qualifiers and when that's paired with this game wanting to a perpetual clusterfuck above all else, it wore out its welcome quick. Sliding is insane, weapons have zero recoil, and there's about a 97% chance someone is about to spawn right behind you within the next 10 seconds.

Last edited:
How do I get a refund? This game sucks bad compared to MW!! Cartoony graphics. Poor clunky animations of weapons and equipment. Looks like a 10 year old FPS.

Bullet dodged it seems like then? That's good I guess. The most recent one that's out does nothing but make me pissed off before I go to bed at night. XD

Game looks and runs fine, it's just the gameplay is spastic as fuck.

The sliding mechanic is so absurd that you're disadvantaged to not slide every 3 seconds. So, unsurprisingly, people literally slide more than they run.

And it actively tries to avoid any lull in action, it seems. Of course it does this by spawning you near where shit is going down... except most of the time you wind up directly behind people and it's super obnoxious.

Lol what’s funny is that it seems like everyone complaining here has never played COD and seen how respawn works? Lol

it’s always the same

Feels like they tried to make it more like battlefield, feels extremely clunky and not like CoD. Also something is up with the graphics, I have it maxed out and it looks like 720P (1080P, increasing render resolution didn’t help). They’ve been making these games worse and worse every year. I’ll pick it up for $10 for the campaign.

Feels like they tried to make it more like battlefield, feels extremely clunky and not like CoD. Also something is up with the graphics, I have it maxed out and it looks like 720P (1080P, increasing render resolution didn’t help). They’ve been making these games worse and worse every year. I’ll pick it up for $10 for the campaign.

Except it won’t be $10 for another 15 months lol.

Except it won’t be $10 for another 15 months lol.
I’m not sure why that would matter, there’s no hurry for me. Multiplayer will be dead in less than 6 months most likely anyways.

I’m not sure why that would matter, there’s no hurry for me. Multiplayer will be dead in less than 6 months most likely anyways.
Cross-play is here to stay so the days of multi-player dieing on pc are long gone.

but I guess if you don’t care waiting then that’s fine

I can't play at all.
Tried all the fixes, guess I'll wait.
Nothing like a constant hard crash power cycle wash rinse repeat.

PXL_20201017_002355994.jpg

After spending some time with the beta it legit feels like a f2p game to me. Going back to MW after playing this shows just how much better implemented movement and animations are in MW. Ugh

Lol what’s funny is that it seems like everyone complaining here has never played COD and seen how respawn works? Lol

it’s always the same

Last COD I played was COD4 and there was an actual method to spawning, it wasn't just spawning 30 feet from someone. COD1 and 2 were also sane. They're basically a completely different game from what exists today, though.

You'd generally spawn you away from the other team, as long as nobody from the other team pushed too far in and forced it to move again or the trapped team managed to push back. Which one, meant you could restrict a team to an area, and two, meant the game wasn't a perpetual clusterfuck that actually had some punishment for dying instead of just letting you immediately hurl yourself into the meat grinder again in about 3 seconds.

It kind of blows that no game has really played like COD1/2 has since.

I preloaded last night. I have greyed out PLAY button

I had this issue after getting a beta key. Don't know if it's applicable for pre-orders but there's something you need to enable in Battle.net for third party offers or some shit. After I had the key credited to my account, the play button immediately lit as soon as I checked that box.

Is it just me or have graphics gone backwards with some of these newer games? Everything looks slightly blurry/fuzzy, even though the textures are higher quality overall it makes it harder to actually see anything IMO. I remember noticing this in Battlefield 4 as well. It's great for single player cinematic type stuff, but not a fan for multiplayer.

Back