Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 2020

Activision has finally confirmed that the next Call of Duty game will be called Call of Duty: Black Ops – Cold War...a new teaser released today looks back at the story of real-life Soviet defector Yuri Bezmenov, who escaped to the West in 1970, and "Perseus" the code name of a Soviet spy who allegedly infiltrated Western intelligence agencies as part of an effort to subvert US efforts in the nuclear arms race—and whose identity was never discovered...

Activision has officially announced that Call of Duty: Black Ops- Cold War is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on November 13th...

Ronald Reagan is in this :D

Activision has officially announced that Call of Duty: Black Ops- Cold War is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on November 13th...

Ronald Reagan is in this :D

And the price of it is going to $70 on the consoles. I am sure it includes PC. This a company has made $3.36 billion in 2019 just fr micro transactions. $70 is going to be standard price next year.

And the price of it is going to $70 on the consoles. I am sure it includes PC. This a company has made $3.36 billion in 2019 just fr micro transactions. $70 is going to be standard price next year.

$70 is what they are saying is going to be the standard new videogame price on the new consoles ( PS5 \ Xbox Series X ). Beyond stupid if you ask me. Take-Two was the first if i recall to announce this but backtracked and said we'll keep them at $60 for now.

Already bought my copy. Normally I couldn't care less about CoD games but Activision cleverly tied them to Warzone so it's pretty much a requirement now if you want to unlock your guns quickly.

$70 is what they are saying is going to be the standard new videogame price on the new consoles ( PS5 \ Xbox Series X ). Beyond stupid if you ask me.
Not stupid when factoring they're running a business, and console people will pay it. Remember that by buying a console, people aren't just volunteering to be hostages, they're paying $500 and more for the privilege.

$70 is what they are saying is going to be the standard new videogame price on the new consoles ( PS5 \ Xbox Series X ). Beyond stupid if you ask me. Take-Two was the first if i recall to announce this but backtracked and said we'll keep them at $60 for now.

The cost of making a game has gone up as graphics, sound, physics, and all that has improved. This means that games have to sell like crazy (cater to the lowest common denominator) and pull more money in to be worth the investment of an AAA title (higher cost). There is no way around these escalating costs unless you're willing to give up all fancy visuals, sound, and production value.

And there are games that do that! They cost MUCH less. But they don't look AAA. You wants your graphics you pays the price.

The cost of making a game has gone up as graphics, sound, physics, and all that has improved. This means that games have to sell like crazy (cater to the lowest common denominator) and pull more money in to be worth the investment of an AAA title (higher cost). There is no way around these escalating costs unless you're willing to give up all fancy visuals, sound, and production value.

And there are games that do that! They cost MUCH less. But they don't look AAA. You wants your graphics you pays the price.

We all know the price increase won't mean they'll stop lowering standards or making better games. If this next CoD game looked like an authentic cold war era game day 1 to the end of its development cycle you'd have a point. But it won't.

Regardless of all this price talk, I pre-ordered the $89.99 Ultimate Edition on PC lol.

Will probably get the console versions on the PS5 and Xbox Series X to play with console friends too. Shits getting expensive lol.

BY THE WAY, did these assholes mention that Cross-play is remaining just like MW and will work the same????

Yeah cross-play. PC needs cross-play because the game loses it's appeal early on for PC players, and less people play. If you search for a PC only lobby, you're going to be waiting 5-10 minutes.
I want to see a demo or game play ASAP.

Yeah cross-play. PC needs cross-play because the game loses it's appeal early on for PC players, and less people play. If you search for a PC only lobby, you're going to be waiting 5-10 minutes.

Cross-play needs to be permanent for EVERY competitive online game these days. Ive been saying this for 10+ years now. It makes a huge difference! Always a ton more people playing. I love it.

So I'm a bit confused. This was my first time playing any form of COD game.

I have the battlepass and 1700 COD point things. Does any of that carry over?

The cost of making a game has gone up as graphics, sound, physics, and all that has improved
Except the extra money you pay doesn't go to the people making those resources, they still get exploited at minimum wage with no benefits. See this article published earlier this morning for example:
Blockbuster Video Games Mint Millions While Grunts Get Exploited
" While executives rake in millions of dollars and some full-time employees can expect Porsche-size bonuses when a hot new title drops, many people working alongside them get nothing but a salary that barely keeps them above the poverty line."
"the vast majority of people in ‘temp’ roles in the game industry get trapped there forever with terrible conditions, no benefits, low pay, and no ladder for career progression."(full article)

"Games cost more so we have to raise the price" is bullshit. It's being used as an excuse to pad the pockets of the 1% 'suits' and shareholders at the top, and will do nothing to help the people actually grinding day in day out on making the actual game content.

Except the extra money you pay doesn't go to the people making those resources, they still get exploited at minimum wage with no benefits. See this article published earlier this morning for example:
Blockbuster Video Games Mint Millions While Grunts Get Exploited
" While executives rake in millions of dollars and some full-time employees can expect Porsche-size bonuses when a hot new title drops, many people working alongside them get nothing but a salary that barely keeps them above the poverty line."
"the vast majority of people in ‘temp’ roles in the game industry get trapped there forever with terrible conditions, no benefits, low pay, and no ladder for career progression."(full article)

"Games cost more so we have to raise the price" is bullshit. It's being used as an excuse to pad the pockets of the 1% 'suits' and shareholders at the top, and will do nothing to help the people actually grinding day in day out on making the actual game content.
As long as people continue to line up and dish out the funds, they'll keep the prices up.

And as long as people continue to work for "barely above the property line", nothing will change.

I might skip this one if it looks too much like COD MW have a hard time paying full price. Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts and BF4 still my favorites.

I'll reserve judgement until the MP event, but it looks like they injected some Blackout DNA into the map design.

Rolling sand dunes instead of flat layered levels with buildings as line of sight props.

Think they'll keep the aesthetic to military or will it look like a clown world 2 weeks after release with all the crazy cosmetics? Who am I kidding.

Did you guys see the leaked stream footage today?
Cold War has an MW vibe to it.

For gameplay with no commentary, skip to the last 5 or so minutes of this video:

No more mounting on surfaces which is disappointing. No more interactive doors, mixed about that.

Sleight of Hand seems to be like older CoD games where the animations are simply sped up to 100% and look absurd. Skip to 7:19 to see what I mean. Looks very amatureish compared to Modern Warfare, where they made a unique animation for Sleight of Hand that looked realistic and made sense as to why it was faster. Overall animations look a bit worse in general but not too bad except the Slight of Hand stuff.

Jackfrags seems to also mention lower animation and sound quality:

Map design is apparently a bit more linear and less open.

He also mentions the game is running on a different engine. I assume it isn't as new as the MW one?

Not sure if I'm liking the changes.

I went thru the various streamers that I'm not annoyed by. They all basically played the same session. I can see CW appealing to BF fans. I'm not sure how it'll be after launch when SBMM makes everything super tense and sweaty.

I'm def playing the beta, we should get an [H] squad to 24/7 stream it in shifts. That'll get #s on various PC builds on record.

Back