Call of Duty Black Ops 4

My son is running this on my old PC. i7-4770K, 16gb RAM, SSD and a 1060 6gb. It'll start and exit to the desktop within a min. Updated everything and reinstalled GPU drivers. Anyone else having an issue? Plays fine on the rig in my signature.

Quoted myself for problem and solution. If anyone is having a similar issue and has MSI Afterburner installed - uninstall it. Game runs fine now.

Ok, having a LOT of fun but there's something that needs immediate attention on the Dev's part. Not sure how to fix it but....

I'm GD tired of game after game after game of landing and being wasted within 10 sec of landing.

There needs to be a 'null' period to at least let people get landed and shake off the dust. Guys who learn where a weapon is land on it every game and just blast the shit out of others landing.

Ya gota let everyone else jump off first! Hehe I usually will try to drop as late as possible so theres no one around me. ;)

Think of the phrase.. too soon. Junior!

If your in a team u are kinda stuck though.

I got my first win in my second game. I didn’t do shit, but I got lucky and hitched up with 3 guys that were awesome, and we had a great leader.

I can't play it. It loads the opening screen and then battle.net bounces it out and tells me to open it with the battle.net app. The problem is I did. I am new to Battle.net and when I install it I don't even see it as a program installed. No desktop icon and I can't find it in my programs. I have to click on set-up all over again to get into it. I requested a refund and they granted it.
It's common. There is a thread over at Blizzard about it. It's bull that they never ran into this bug before the start. I get to the splash screen and see a little animation then it bounces and says I need to launch the game in the app. Press the refund button like I did and forget about the game.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20769547206?page=3

Ok, having a LOT of fun but there's something that needs immediate attention on the Dev's part. Not sure how to fix it but....

I'm GD tired of game after game after game of landing and being wasted within 10 sec of landing.
Im pretty sure the only static things in the game are 2 trucks and 2 quads. Everything else is randomly generated.

There needs to be a 'null' period to at least let people get landed and shake off the dust. Guys who learn where a weapon is land on it every game and just blast the shit out of others landing.
Ive been in a few games where you get blasted right away but that was because I decided to check 2 buildings that had no guns in a hot drop area. Other games I get the jump on those unlucky bastards.

Nothing is fixed in blackout. Absolutely nothing. Trucks, four wheelers and helicopters are not at the same location either.

As for dying before you get a gun, this is normal to feel like it's cheap. But that's the name of the game.

Are you diving straight down to gain speed(65-67K/S is the sweet spot), in order to get to a location first?

As well, there are only a handful of named cities/areas in the map, pick the one that is the farthest away and go there. This is the best tactic for selecting an area with good loot, and has less players.
The majority of players want to go to what's close.

To repeat, weapons are NOT fixed, nor are vehicles. Nobody knows where weapons or vehicles will be.

Pick an area that you like and just learn how to drop there as efficiently as possible.

Take the train station for example. One of my favs to drop in. I always land at a train. Simply run through a train as fast as you can picking up everything, chances are at least a pistol or smg is in there. Nothing? Move to the next train.

Last edited:

I find Fortnite to be annoying as hell for a similar reason. You need to raid a ton of buildings just to find anything. At least this game has drops in every building. But of course, that makes the problem of what you are describing worse. People find guns quickly and once you drop, you get killed very quick. I guess I've been lucky. If I see any other people drop where I plan to, I land somewhere out in the middle of no where to avoid being killed immediately. I think I've yet to kill anyone in Blackout but I've shot many people.

Quoted myself for problem and solution. If anyone is having a similar issue and has MSI Afterburner installed - uninstall it. Game runs fine now.
I am not having your problem but this game will go off the rails if you have two monitors and turn off one while the game is running (something I always do).
(I have an AMD card too).

I’m surprised by how much fun I’m having with the standard multiplayer in this game. Don’t get me wrong it’s good ol’ COD multiplayer but it’s pretty fun. A lot of recycled maps from previous games which is sort of lazy but also a ton of nostalgic fun for us that have played them before.

Last edited:
I’m surprised by how much fun I’m having with the standard multiplayer in this game. Don’t get me wrong it’s good ol’ COD multiplayer but it’s pretty fun. A lot of recycled maps from previous games which is sort of lazy but also a ton of nostalgic fun for us that have payed them before.

I dig that they count assists as kills. Makes my K/D look better than what it really is :p

This is part and parcel with BR games, landing in a hotspot can be more rewarding (and more entertaining) but also more risky.

Choosing your landing spot is a key component of BR games, for eg in pubs you'll see competitive players landing in hotspots often, but in scrims/pro matches you'll see them landing in the middle of nowhere often.

If you're constantly getting killed after landing, either practice/improve your landing technique so you beat the other guy to a key location, or just choose a more remote location to land.

I’m surprised by how much fun I’m having with the standard multiplayer in this game. Don’t get me wrong it’s good ol’ COD multiplayer but it’s pretty fun. A lot of recycled maps from previous games which is sort of lazy but also a ton of nostalgic fun for us that have played them before.

I still want to know if having the deluxe copy actually pops the other maps, I literally have only played on 5 different maps so far.

I also bought the game for blackout, but am having fun with the multiplayer. I really wish I had more graphics horsepower, high textures and medium everything else is only lending to 100ish fps.

I remember years ago when everyone hated Treyarch COD and they loved IW made games. When did that change?
I've played two, three now Treyarch COD games and have always thought they were great. The first one was their WW2 COD from 8 or so years ago.

^ agreed. I absolutely loved World at War. I think the only time Treyarch has let me down was the lack of QA when they released BO1 for the pc. They let slip some obvious issues. Aside from that they've done a good job.

That's something different than in PUBG where you have to pick up a gun and load it. with COD its already loaded so there isn't a chance for your prey to run away! haha

Like fully uninstall it??

Or just exit the program before you play?

I had the game Crash twice with sound just repeating at the end but only played a dozen games.

Do PC game pad users get aim assist? I am literally coming in last each god damn fight.

Do PC and Console players share the same games?

Anyone have a great Black Ops 4 guide on how to improve your game?

Thanks in advance.

I've never really been a CoD player, but a bunch of my gaming friends picked this up, so I went ahead and grabbed it Friday. So far I'm really liking it. The pace of multiplayer definitely takes some getting used to, but it's a fun change from some of the other games I've done. I also really like Blackout - the movement and gunplay clicks a lot better than PUBG or ROE for me. So far I'm not sorry I picked it up.

Really loving this. The gunplay is arguably the best ive experienced in a game. Eat your heart out, COD haters.

Last edited:
I remember years ago when everyone hated Treyarch COD and they loved IW made games. When did that change?
I've played two, three now Treyarch COD games and have always thought they were great. The first one was their WW2 COD from 8 or so years ago.
The console exclusive Call of Duty 3 was indeed Treyarch's first title.

In my opinion, the campaigns in Treyarch's games are garbage while their multiplayer is the best. The opposite is true with post-Zampella Infinity Ward.

The console exclusive Call of Duty 3 was indeed Treyarch's first title.

In my opinion, the campaigns in Treyarch's games are garbage while their multiplayer is the best. The opposite is true with post-Zampella Infinity Ward.
Interesting. The last IW game I've played was MW2 (both SP and MP) and I believe Zampella was still there.
World at War was the first Treyarch game I played and I thought it was great. I think I played only a few levels on the SP and never finished, maybe it was not super compelling. The MP was great.

All three modes of this game are pretty great. I’m not much of a Zombies player but they’ve done a good job with it. For BR I still prefer PUBG but Blackout is really good and a nice change of pace for when you want a polished BR game (in between all that glorious PUBG bugginess). BO4’s multiplayer is the real surprise for me. A bit too fast paced for me but shit it’s fun. I like that they’ve simplified it a bit, removed the rocket jump mechanic and made it feel a little closer to COD4. Its nowhere near COD4 gameplay but it is definitely closer.

Interesting. The last IW game I've played was MW2 (both SP and MP) and I believe Zampella was still there.
World at War was the first Treyarch game I played and I thought it was great. I think I played only a few levels on the SP and never finished, maybe it was not super compelling. The MP was great.

Kiefer Sutherland yelling at you for 3 hours straight is grating :D. I made it through WaW’s campaign but it was less than good.

Last edited:
I haven't played a Call of Duty since the original black ops.....And...well I am back! absolutely love this! Really digging the Blackout mode.....and MAN its nice to see old maps in HC Search and Destroy.....I hooked!

I also have to admit that battle.net is working out well!

I used to play Xbox Live a lot over 10 years ago. Everyone had voice then and have not played anything where the majority of people have mics since. Nice that this game does too (at least in Blackout). Went to Fry's to buy a headset/mic just for this game since I always felt like the odd man out. So if this game was not expensive enough, add $40 to it. lol

Most people act mature too which is nice.

I'm really liking the game, which is odd for me since I suck at shooters.

My big problem is I can't SEE the damn enemy! By the time I do, SPLAT!

They can be right in front of me and they fade into the background on me and I'm done for.

Any way to adjust the game to help with this? Can I force them all to wear glow-in-the-dark vests?

Oh, and thank goodness there's no team-kill in Multiplayer. I'm pretty sure I've hit more team members than enemy.

They can be right in front of me and they fade into the background on me and I'm done for.

Any way to adjust the game to help with this? Can I force them all to wear glow-in-the-dark vests?

Oh, and thank goodness there's no team-kill in Multiplayer. I'm pretty sure I've hit more team members than enemy.

Maybe turn your brightness up?

You can TK in hardcore multiplayer modes. That's all I play.

Visual acuity will improve the more you play the game.

Back in the days of Modern Warfare a common thing people did was force the LOD to an extreme number like +20 in the video card driver, but it is detected as a cheat by everything these days (as well it should be).

Maybe turn your brightness up?

You can TK in hardcore multiplayer modes. That's all I play.

Hmmm.... I do run Win 10 in Night Mode because I have CVS. Maybe that's part of it...

I didn't realize there were different modes.

Hmmm.... I do run Win 10 in Night Mode because I have CVS. Maybe that's part of it...

I didn't realize there were different modes.
Night mode just makes the color really warm. I don't think it does anything to the brightness. But the extreme warmth of the color may be decreasing effective contrast and causing details to be lost.

Back