Call of Duty Black Ops 4

Strange issue that maybe important to others. I overclock my monitor to 75-100 Hz. BO4 doesn't seem to like that, at all. It shows properly in game, but my mouse pointer is way off. Like, if I'm in the settings and go to click on something I have to click above it for it to register the click on item. Set my monitor back to 60 Hz and all is fine again in game.

That's a real bummer.

I like frames, I had to drop to 1440p with my 1070, it was fighting to stay pegged at the 90FPS cap on Medium/High.

I only did a little in the training room list night, but my 1080ti showed no issues at all @ 3840 X 1600. I'll know more when I get in a battle with shit flying all over the place.

Feels like I just paid a fortune for this game. I've never spent over $60 on a game and that was ~5 years ago.
Anyway, the battle royale mode is a ton better than Fortnite. Never played PUBG since it is not free.
My RX580 does a decent job at maintaining 1080p/75hz on high graphic settings.

The guns feel SO much better than Fortnite. I can't hit shit in Fortnight because of that stupid offset reticle. It just doesn't point naturally for me. I'm always shooting low/right.

shot_0021.jpg
shot_0022.jpg

Cool Car actually got more K-D in this round I'm afraid to try Blackout because I know I don't have a chance. I uninstalled Geforce experience along with everything else and have no lockups at the loading screen anymore plus I updated to the latest drivers which didn't make a difference.

Attachments

• shot_0021.jpg
    shot_0021.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 0
I only did a little in the training room list night, but my 1080ti showed no issues at all @ 3840 X 1600. I'll know more when I get in a battle with shit flying all over the place.
It's cake to run, haven't tried BO but the other MP mode I'm at 4k with a 1070 hasn't gone below 60. Mostly 65-80. Left quality at default.

Strange issue that maybe important to others. I overclock my monitor to 75-100 Hz. BO4 doesn't seem to like that, at all. It shows properly in game, but my mouse pointer is way off. Like, if I'm in the settings and go to click on something I have to click above it for it to register the click on item. Set my monitor back to 60 Hz and all is fine again in game.

That's a real bummer.
75 Hz itself is a really high overclock. Are you sure it was a successful overclock? Did you test to see if it was skipping frames?

https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping

I like the char. Nomad this time around with trip mines and a Dog my Dog was doing a good job I like when you die you trip mines stay up along with any special you deployed.

Well I played last night until 3am. And I have to work today, and of course I get an outage call at 7am. I am hurtin right now. LOL

When I was playing blackout I was getting disconnected several times. Then tried multiplayer and never got disconnected. Looks like they need to do some more work on netcode/servers.

Also was watching Dr Disrespect and it was funny as hell. Watched Shroud too.

I need sleep....

It's cake to run, haven't tried BO but the other MP mode I'm at 4k with a 1070 hasn't gone below 60. Mostly 65-80. Left quality at default.
yup, running the game on my 1080 and i5-4670k @ 1080p and im getting 120-140fps in the training missions with everything cranked up. My poor 1080 isnt even using its full OC lol, afterburner shows the core only reaching 1900 instead of the 2150 it hits when its really being stressed. Going to play with the resolution scaling next to help get the most I can without dropping below 60. Had to do the same thing with Destiny 2, game would pull 160fps. Had to increase the resolution scaling to 150% to make my gpu work, still got 70-80fps lol.

Next step is to try it on my work laptop, just updating the gpu drivers on its poor 860m lol. I love that developers include resolution scaling now, makes it alot easier to achieve acceptable fps on potato computers to :p

Well I played last night until 3am. And I have to work today, and of course I get an outage call at 7am. I am hurtin right now. LOL

:D good man. That was my plan but I got pulled away from the game at midnight and shut it down. Hope to play tonight and into the early morning hours.

yup, running the game on my 1080 and i5-4670k @ 1080p and im getting 120-140fps in the training missions with everything cranked up. My poor 1080 isnt even using its full OC lol, afterburner shows the core only reaching 1900 instead of the 2150 it hits when its really being stressed. Going to play with the resolution scaling next to help get the most I can without dropping below 60. Had to do the same thing with Destiny 2, game would pull 160fps. Had to increase the resolution scaling to 150% to make my gpu work, still got 70-80fps lol.

Next step is to try it on my work laptop, just updating the gpu drivers on its poor 860m lol. I love that developers include resolution scaling now, makes it alot easier to achieve acceptable fps on potato computers to :p

So just finsihed testing on my 860m and it surpised me. Game defaulted everything to low and dropped my resolution scaling to 70% on its own but they nailed it, FPS was bouncing between 65-80fps in the training mission (with 1 drop to 45 for a second), game looks like ass compared to my home PC but atleast its playable while im "working" :p

How do I go about changing loadouts?

Doh I have to reach level 5 I'm level 4 I was playing though the story mode with characters :p
I figured it out once you create a class you go to player then you chose showcase character I had to plug in my X-box controller for the checkmark to pop up it doesn't show up on keyboard mouse. If you play though the story modes for character you get more specials to unlock then if you didn't do the training.

Last edited:
Is this one better than the others? Thinking about canceling my 76 pre order and getting this instead.

Game is far better than the last several COD titles imo..

Haven't enjoyed a cod game since BO 1

Blackout mode is nuts and Zombies is awesome.

Haven't done multiplayer yet

When I was playing blackout I was getting disconnected several times. Then tried multiplayer and never got disconnected. Looks like they need to do some more work on netcode/servers.

Also was watching Dr Disrespect and it was funny as hell. Watched Shroud too.

I need sleep....
Oh man dude that's terrible, I don't do good on that little sleep. The game is fun. I'm not sure about Black Out yet. I don't even kno what to do I air dropped like 10 miles from my team lol and didn't have any of the weapons I had picked up.

Multi player has been fun though.

So guys... this or BFV? I haven't played a CoD game since the original Modern Warfare. Just feel like Battlefield has been all downhill lately. I like big maps and vehicles. Does this game offer those? I'm really thinking about skipping BFV entirely if this is a good alternative...

So guys... this or BFV? I haven't played a CoD game since the original Modern Warfare. Just feel like Battlefield has been all downhill lately. I like big maps and vehicles. Does this game offer those? I'm really thinking about skipping BFV entirely if this is a good alternative...

IMO this is not an aternative to BFV. There is only one big map with vehicles and it’s in Blackout. The rest of the game is standard COD, but admittedly the much better Treyarch version of COD. Just one guy’s opinion.

I prefer BF and it's the main game I play. I liked the beta for bfv a lot. Some didn't.

That said I'm getting both. This game is fun. When bf comes out I'll grab it too.

So I am not a COD guy at all, but from my understanding is that COD multiplayer is more of a comparison to Counter Strike rather than BF?

So I am not a COD guy at all, but from my understanding is that COD multiplayer is more of a comparison to Counter Strike rather than BF?
eh, not really. Its really fast paced. CS: is slower.

I really want to get it, but find COD gameplay seems to be getting faster and faster. Getting old with lower reaction time sucks.

Is there a new patch out now, because last night I never got one.

This game is absolutely the best COD I have played. The graphics are great, and more important gameplay is fun. I'm liking the maps too. I haven't played a COD game since 2013.

I got some sleep now, so I'm about ready to jump on again.

I'd say COD is definitely more like CS than BF. COD has fairly small maps, smaller than CS so it is very fast paced.

Weirdly enough I never moved on to Blackout, I have been enjoying multiplayer (even though sniper rifles are getting old) is the deluxe version worth the upgrade? Anyone seeing the extra maps pop up in multiplayer? I know I have only seen 4 or 5 maps total...

I can't play it. It loads the opening screen and then battle.net bounces it out and tells me to open it with the battle.net app. The problem is I did. I am new to Battle.net and when I install it I don't even see it as a program installed. No desktop icon and I can't find it in my programs. I have to click on set-up all over again to get into it. I requested a refund and they granted it.

I had some fun playing it, but still prefer the abortion that is PUBG to blackout. But this is something new and fun for a while. The sniper rifle seems way OP in multiplayer and the armor seems way to OP in Blackout. Other than that, it was money well spent.

My son is running this on my old PC. i7-4770K, 16gb RAM, SSD and a 1060 6gb. It'll start and exit to the desktop within a min. Updated everything and reinstalled GPU drivers. Anyone else having an issue? Plays fine on the rig in my signature.

Ok, having a LOT of fun but there's something that needs immediate attention on the Dev's part. Not sure how to fix it but....

I'm GD tired of game after game after game of landing and being wasted within 10 sec of landing.

There needs to be a 'null' period to at least let people get landed and shake off the dust. Guys who learn where a weapon is land on it every game and just blast the shit out of others landing.

Back