Call of Duty Black Ops 4

Yeah it's usually user experience I had this game preordered two month ago I'm not buying Battlefield V though ';)

Explain... how is it utter trash? It is call of duty.

It is the same recycled shit from the 10 last releases, except now without an SP campaign. No server browser. Garbage match making. No mods. Cheap spawn mechanics. Pathetic player cap. Terribly designed maps. No innovation. And a metric fuck ton of $DLC.

Fast paced run and gun... it has ALWAYS been this way.

Nope, see CoD prior to MW2, and CoD 4 was the pinnacle.

I haven't picked one up in a few years so I may get this.

Go ahead if you feel like burning money, the last CoD released not even 11 months ago and there is quite literally no one playing it.

What other game fills this void if it is what you like?

For me, sadly nothing. AAA publishers killed off the genre on PC with their insatiable avarice.

If you think this is utter trash then you just probably do not like Call of Duty.

I did, not anymore.

Lets see how it holds up on Battlenet.
If there are no players six months from now this might be my last. I think the Overwatch crowd might pick it up and try to prestige.

Overwatch crowd won't touch CoD with a 10" pole, completely different games...in Overwatch teamwork and strategy is integral to winning, as opposed to CoD which largely entails running around like headless chickens looking for bunny hopping enemies to kill and then dying either from cheap kill streaks or enemies magically spawning behind you.

I tried liking this game, I really did but it plays like complete shit.

They copied elements from Overwatch but did so without changing any of the core mechanics. The folks who have weapon upgrades vs. the folks who don't have a huge advantage, not to mention the bullshit kill streak perks where you can find yourself moving towards an objective one minute and dead the next because of the magic missiles that fall from the sky. The helicopters are also absolutely dominant and take WAY too many missile shots to take down.

I'm a casual Overwatch player and it is just in a completely different league than this is. With CoD, every match, every game feels exactly the same. With overwatch, every match feels different as it depends greatly on teamwork and picking the right mix of characters to go up against the opposing team.

I'm not opposed to "run and gun" type shooters but this is just executed poorly. I'd rather play an arena FPS like UT or Quake then something like this to get the "run and gun" out of my system. I also was playing it @ 4k on a 1080Ti and the game did not feel smooth or optimized at all. Didn't even try tweaking the settings, just went with what the game "recommended"

This will probably fizzle out just like CoD WW2 did - Activision is clearly not thinking long term here and still shooting for the Week 1 money grab of shock and awe to get as many 12 year olds as possible spending money to buy the game day 1 at full price and then completely abandon the game after. They are in for a wake up call that this won't work anymore.

Glad I had the opportunity to play the beta as I was on the fence.

Explain... how is it utter trash? It is call of duty. Fast paced run and gun... it has ALWAYS been this way. I haven't picked one up in a few years so I may get this.

What other game fills this void if it is what you like?

If you think this is utter trash then you just probably do not like Call of Duty.

COD now is absolutely nothing like the older titles - it's literally a completely and utterly different game. No hyperbole whatsoever, the only thing the same is the name.

I fucking loved COD1 and 2. Once you got past COD4, it very, very quickly became a completely different beast.

My time w/ COD games is such that I will only be buying them at hefty discounts. I bought COD WW2 a couple of days back for 20 bucks on the PS4. Also got the Infinite Warfare/Modern Warfare remaster for $9 on the PS4. For PC, I will play the betas and have my fill. Already leveled up to about 20 on PS4 and about 15 on PC. I think if I hit level 40 before the beta ends, I would have had my time w/ the game. Thanks to Activision for doing these betas because after I played the WW2 beta, I had no intention of buying it at full price. Now this one doesn't even have a SP campaign so BLOPS4 can suck it after all the betas are done. Win win. IMO.

Bought black ops 3 & loved it, this one i'm still on the fence about it. To me looks like a reskinned version of black ops 3,only thing new we seem to be getting is battle royal.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4– PC Trailer

The PC version of Black Ops 4 will support ultrawide and multi-monitor setups, with 4K resolutions and uncapped framerates...

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4– PC Trailer

The PC version of Black Ops 4 will support ultrawide and multi-monitor setups, with 4K resolutions and uncapped framerates...

Ah, yes. Just what every PC player loves to have in their FPS: mouse smoothing.

80 players + huge maps + vehicles on a 20 year old engine, oh boi .....
PS : open beta starts in 6 days

/grabs popcorn

This should be interesting. Game reviewers who have played blackout seem to love it.

Should be an interesting next month. If CoD is successful with black out, then BFV sales will tank even more than the low presales

EA can suck all gamers balls. (yikes thats a crap ton of sweaty penis balls). So all the times we gamers took it in the ass from EA, Pay backs a bitch right.

I wish I had the time to play the BF5 beta and then play this cod beta both on PC to see which I like better, reviews and forum goers seem to be disappointed with bf5

After watching a lot of footage, BO4 nailed what I wanted in a BR game, I fucking hate World of Warcraft ahem Fortnite, and Playernobodycaresaboutanymore died to me a long time ago.

BO4 might actually get my money just for BR, they can kiss my ass with the rest of the gameplay... Can't wait for the PC beta!

terrain textures up close look like crap, same thing goes for your own shadow lol, honestly scale aside, it looks like a ps2 game ! not that I expected more from an obsolete 1999 engine.

TTK is very long and you can also heal super fast, sorry but this will not do anything to pubG or any other worthy PC BR out there.

This is a terrible copycat with glitchy vehicles zero recoil and crappy looting system, watched a bit from 3-4 streamers last night and it was just painfull. any competitive cod2 player back in the day used mouse - crt monitor and x-fi cmss3d headphone, thoe 60hz plebs were trying to kill each other with analog sticks and no sound whoring whatsoever, it was like watching special olympics from a 360p stream

some console plebs even tried to shit on shroud " oh look ! he cant shoot for shit without his mouse " no shit sherlock ! what's the point of learning to use chopsticks if you are already a master with knife and fork ??

anyway, demo comes out in 4 days so everyone in the pc forum can experience first hand what a terrible copy of pubg plays like. thankfully we still got WW3 + Insurgency Sandstorm, have not spend a single dime on bf + cod for years now. thousands of people still buy those overhyped crappy games out of habit lol, pathetic ....

Last edited:
There are going to be some differences between the console and PC. I'm going to assume textures will be one of them. The PC beta of regular multiplayer looked pretty damn good to me. Looting will be more PUBG style on the PC as well.

For how smooth this game plays, hit reg looks really good, weapon balance seems good so far. I'm not going to call this a PUBG killer, since they are two different games play wise. BUT, this will appeal to a lot of COD/BF players that wanted a BR that actually works.

Also not seeing any kind of desync. Been watching players on twitch all yesterday and today.

I suppose I should preorder this so I can test out the BR, man I hate you have to do that to play the Betas, I suppose I can at least cancel if its garbage.

you don't have to pay anything

I suppose I should preorder this so I can test out the BR, man I hate you have to do that to play the Betas, I suppose I can at least cancel if its garbage.

preorder sheep will get to play the beta one day earlier that's all

terrain textures up close look like crap, same thing goes for your own shadow lol, honestly scale aside, it looks like a ps2 game ! not that I expected more from an obsolete 1999 engine.

TTK is very long and you can also heal super fast, sorry but this will not do anything to pubG or any other worthy PC BR out there.

This is a terrible copycat with glitchy vehicles zero recoil and crappy looting system, watched a bit from 3-4 streamers last night and it was just painfull. any competitive cod2 player back in the day used mouse - crt monitor and x-fi cmss3d headphone, thoe 60hz plebs were trying to kill each other with analog sticks and no sound whoring whatsoever, it was like watching special olympics from a 360p stream

some console plebs even tried to shit on shroud " oh look ! he cant shoot for shit without his mouse " no shit sherlock ! what's the point of learning to use chopsticks if you are already a master with knife and fork ??

anyway, demo comes out in 4 days so everyone in the pc forum can experience first hand what a terrible copy of pubg plays like. thankfully we still got WW3 + Insurgency Sandstorm, have not spend a single dime on bf + cod for years now. thousands of people still buy those overhyped crappy games out of habit lol, pathetic ....

It's on console, did you actually play the PC beta?

I like the TTK here, I don't want 10 minutes going down the drain because I didn't see the chickenshit hiding in the tall grass.

I honestly hate COD but this BR has me stoked again.

It's on console, did you actually play the PC beta?

I like the TTK here, I don't want 10 minutes going down the drain because I didn't see the chickenshit hiding in the tall grass.

I honestly hate COD but this BR has me stoked again.

I think the TTK is good. It actually gives you a chance to respond to being fired on instead of just getting waxed by a prone snek in under a second. And that's what the devs were going after, at least according to their interviews. I do think level 3 armor is a bit OP, but my mind might change on that once the PC beta comes out.

They also need to adjust end game pacing a little. Maybe speed up the last 2-3 circles a bit depending on how many players are left alive. Seems common to get down to 5-7 players and the last 3 circles are painfully slow.

I always play Domination first since it's always crazy when I can no longer find matches in Domination I switch to TDM.

Hoping for Insurgency Sandstorm to be half way decent basically the map they gave us in Beta was pretty bland. Wow just read Insurgency Sandstorm is delayed until December.

I will give it a fair shot this weekend, but my opnion about the streamed footage remains unchanged, haven't bothered with a single cod title since 2010 lol

Hoping for Insurgency Sandstorm to be half way decent basically the map they gave us in Beta was pretty bland. Wow just read Insurgency Sandstorm is delayed until December.

darth_vader_NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOooOOOO.jpg

oh well, they better use these 3 months to actually improve the game, you only get one chance to make a good impression on launch day. anybody remember the black ops 1 clusterfuck ? BF4 maybe ???

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Same old gameplay and small maps going around and around in a circle.

Thought I was the only one who picks up on the circle jerk bit... finally after all these years of CoD I think BF V will be my main go to FPS. Its not perfect either really, much better map layouts, game play and spawns in my opinion.

I wonder if we will ever again see a truly new COD with hosted servers (gameserver.com and the like), mods, etc... on modern battlefield vs. mosh pit or circle? Something new without going to space or air boots too like Korea, Afghanistan, Kuwait all possible maps/theme.

the graphics don't look great but I think they are the right balance so people can get high fps since this is going to be very competitive. counter strike mentality. ttk is long cause all you've watched is console where no one can aim. wait till people play this on pc and go for headshots. I watched shroud fly the copter and it wasn't glitchy, actually looked really fluid. by copy of pubg you mean a game that actually works correctly? pubg already looses 100k players every month. its sitting at 600k avg players, this game will probably cut that in half.

the graphics don't look great but I think they are the right balance so people can get high fps since this is going to be very competitive. counter strike mentality.

I'm afraid that this one will look like ass AND run at lowish fps too ( 80-100 max ) because the archaic graphics engine was never meant to be used in a a pubg-wannabe title

TTK is very high when you shoot with an AR at lvl3 armor and self healing should take 4 seconds minimum, not a single button press.

yt and twitch will be filled with blackout PC footage on friday, let's wait and see :)

Last edited:
I'm afraid that this one will look like ass AND run at lowish fps too ( 80-100 max ) because the archaic graphics engine was never meant to be used in a a pubg-wannabe title

TTK is very high when you shoot with an AR at lvl3 armor and self healing should take 4 seconds minimum, not a single button press.

yt and twitch will be filled with blackout PC footage on friday, let's wait and see :)

The more I read your posts the more it sounds like you should stick with PUBG...

Definitely going to try the beta this weekend. The last few COD’s have been misses for me, hopefully this one turns out better.

PC Beta is this Friday luckily I have off that day I'm sure I'll like the game but will miss the wall riding and jumping they had in the last Black OPS III.

PC Beta is this Friday luckily I have off that day I'm sure I'll like the game but will miss the wall riding and jumping they had in the last Black OPS III.

It begins Saturday for those of us who haven’t preordered.

I’ve watched videos of the BR mode in BO4. I don’t know, I think the BR model in general doesn’t appeal to me. It looks like a ton of gear collection and running, then one maybe two combat engagements (if you’re lucky) before you die and wait out the round. I haven’t played any BR game yet so maybe my tune will change after actually playing it.

Back