Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Season Pass DLC (PC) $39 after coupon from Gamefly

eh - not trying to turn this into a BF3 vs CoD thread...

the video I saw of BO2 looks.... interesting. BF3 does seem stale - I havent played in a month.

I don't think I'm alone in saying they companies making the games need to concentrate on the god damn game first and not how many DLC packs they can hype up. These companies would get a lot more of my respect (and my money) if they waited at least until the main game is done before they start trying to get blood from a turnip.

If anything -- the pushing of DLC makes me not want to buy the game to begin with.

So the pushing of DLC, Premier DLC and DLC Season Pass for Borderlands 2 meant that was going to be a bad game? Last time I check, it's a blast. They didn't push the DLC for MW3 for the PC...and MW3 sucked (personally speaking of course). So your logic seems flawed.

i don't think its physically possible for me to be excited about another C.O.D title anymore, i will wait till the game almost gets released for like $20 then maybe buy it, but w e all know its going to be a modded campfest for the multiplayer.

So the pushing of DLC, Premier DLC and DLC Season Pass for Borderlands 2 meant that was going to be a bad game? Last time I check, it's a blast. They didn't push the DLC for MW3 for the PC...and MW3 sucked (personally speaking of course). So your logic seems flawed.

Comparing DLC from Gearbox - one of the last "good guy" game companies left - to the annual crap pushed out by Activision and EA isn't a worthy comparison.

But hey the console kids eat this stuff up so they'd be remiss not to give them what they want.

No - but historically speaking -- how many CoD titles have been released where the DLC was pushed HARD in your face before the game even hit the shelves?

I also own Borderlands 2- and while the DLC looks interesting I still haven't bought it because I'm playing through the game still.

When a company with the track record of Call of Duty (and its spiral from awesomness the past decade) any form of DLC seems like putting the cart before the horse.

My thinking is more along the lines of when I buy a new car -- I don't go into a dealership and get all excited about some highly marked up accessories they are trying to push on me before the car is even released.

The DLC for borderlands2 might be a blast, I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but the core game itself was a blast... that's what matters. All CoD titles have "looked" good, but more often than not when you sink your teeth into it it's nothing but a rubber steak that they rehashed, and heated up in the microwave again just to rake in another 100 million dollars.

And yes -- seriously fuck 50 dollar packs.

60 for a game -- (maybe less if you get a good deal online)
another 50 for the "season pass" - for content that was chopped off from the game and packaged seperate just so they can get an extra couple million... Eff that.

Love what they did with the BF3 premium pack - since it's EA they basically got lazy and are not including all the things they originally promised.

Gearbox content looks to be very worth the money... anything from EA/DICE/etc they can go fuck themselves. Remember all of 1 or 2 years ago when a head DICE person was on the record saying "we will never charge for extra maps"

Back