Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

I'm getting a migraine just reading this. You went to a recycle bin at walmart to fish out bottle caps?

You need to get that preorder in to be the first to save the world from the evil spacey

You are the spokesman for the demographic Activision caters for. Enjoy the fuck out of this game.

Last edited:
Seriously- thats about the tip of the iceberg with regard to everything that went wrong on the ride from Grade A FPS to potato trainwreck

Untitled_zps34e580fa.png

This is all I'm going to upgrade my character.

I either need a nearby 7-11 store for a code

a 24 pack of MTN DEW 7.90 or something

Then I need to buy COD at Launch and MTN DEW! at the same time which is the sucker punch since I'm going digital.

The Doritos alone are wrecking my health.

I don't even...

My sarcasm meter is way off today, please tell me you're joking...

so people are hoarding Mountain Dew and Doritos to unlock in-game loot?...and I thought buying the game by itself was bad enough, now you need to eat cheese doodles with it

There will be Doritos hanging out of peoples mouth swearing and keyboards covered in Mt Dew.

There will be Doritos hanging out of peoples mouth swearing and keyboards covered in Mt Dew.
That's what Activision's consumer research told them and marketing picked up on the bundling.

Either way, this gonna be best game of the year. Already have my 100 bucks boner edition pre-ordered.

The pre-order thing doesn't worry me too much. I think enough of us have been burned by pre-ordering that it doesn't even cross my mind anymore.

Pre-ordered BF4, and now I will never pre-order again after that festering turd of a release/game.

I am still remaining hopeful. I really want this game to be semi-successful on PC. I certainly won't be buying day one, but if the steam user numbers are anything above 50k, I'm in.

The rest of the world needs Monster Energy Drink for points they don't have the MTN Dew and Dorritos thing over there.
Imagine a Frenchman or Russian pumped up on Monster Energy drink =)

yeah pre-order a digital copy... of which there will never be ANY shortage.

Just give them an interest free loan -- put a few million dollars into an account for 6 months at low to medium risk and you just made a free 100-200K.

oh and the jumping/flying that seems to be a "big part" of the gameplay, just looks freaking retarded.

The reason why this game is so popular is WORLD WIDE appeal and brand Identity.

I haven't bought the game yet even after going though the Doritos and Dew thing =)

Untitled_zps34e580fa.png

This is all I'm going to upgrade my character.

I either need a nearby 7-11 store for a code

a 24 pack of MTN DEW 7.90 or something

Then I need to buy COD at Launch and MTN DEW! at the same time which is the sucker punch since I'm going digital.

The Doritos alone are wrecking my health.

Based on this post I've decided I won't be buying CODAW. Thanks for the review!

People already have console copies....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFBmlwHLpPQ

Low res textures as far as the eye can see, honestly don't notice any major visual improvements over Ghosts. As for dedicated servers, there is the typical server host migration message that everyone has come to know and love about CoD.

People already have console copies....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFBmlwHLpPQ

Low res textures as far as the eye can see, honestly don't notice any major visual improvements over Ghosts. As for dedicated servers, there is the typical server host migration message that everyone has come to know and love about CoD.
It's still built on a heavily modified Quake 3 engine, so that's no surprise...

Have they not been able to implement a streamlined migration process yet? I swear there are several games now that are able to migrate hosts with little to no interruption in gameplay...

I really hope this translates to actual sales, too. Eventually this franchise is going to die, and it can't come soon enough. Eventually we're gunna get to a point where the games revenue doesn't justify the massive budgets (mostly marketing) that they throw into this series, and maybe they will finally do a proper reboot and stop pushing out annual releases.

It's a fucking shame to see what has happened to what was, back in the day, one of my absolute favorite PC FPS games.

I can visually see this game falling off. Just not much talk about the series any more. I think people want to buy a game like this and play for 2+ years with good support for maps and such.

No one on my friends list really played ghosts on PS3/4. Probably be worse for Advance Warfare.

I agree, I just saw a commercial for it and was really underwhelmed how the graphics looked.

I agree, I just saw a commercial for it and was really underwhelmed how the graphics looked.

They've always catered to the consoles, so there's no surprise they'd continue to do so with this release. They probably were only able to advance up to 2010 graphics because of how poor (hardware wise) the new consoles are.

3 days left and we still don't really know anything about the PC version... that doesn't bode well.

Treyarch would at least announce PC 'features' and talk about how it's different from the console versions, but IW and Sledgehammer don't seem to give a crap.

3 days left and we still don't really know anything about the PC version... that doesn't bode well.

Treyarch would at least announce PC 'features' and talk about how it's different from the console versions, but IW and Sledgehammer don't seem to give a crap.

I take it as tacit acknowledgement that there has been no extra work done on the PC version. Forget dedis, a server browser or any options that one can expect from a competent port these days.

Not sure why this is surprising. PC version continues to be an afterthought. This is a title that has and always will cater to the squeakers on the consoles. its the videogame equivalent of a happy meal - as long as it comes with a toy, they're happy.

Angry_3cf443_1887607.jpg

THE GAME ACTUALLY LOOKS PRETTY GOOD ON PC!

I've watched about 1 hour of someone from NZ streaming multiplayer today on twitch.
His rig was a core i5, 8gb ram, gtx 680. Everything looked/ran smooth.

PC specific options = FOV slider up to 90, AA options galore, refresh rate options galore. Extra texture quality settings.

The one complaint I have heard (but I have heard the opposite be true as well) is that it was capped at 91fps. So 144hz RR setting doesn't mean much if a FPS cap is present.

I am probably going to buy based on watching the game. Reminds me a lot of BLOPS2 as far as colors/graphics go. Not a bunch of horrible drabness.

I just watched the MP trailer and it looks like I am watching them play Crysis 2 MP.

Just cant seem to pull the trigger. Looks like a reskin of the previous 34 CoD's.
Plus it's 39.9 Gb. No reason to fill my ssd with this title.

I've watched about 1 hour of someone from NZ streaming multiplayer today on twitch.

PC specific options = FOV slider up to 90, AA options galore, refresh rate options galore. Extra texture quality settings.

The one complaint I have heard (but I have heard the opposite be true as well) is that it was capped at 91fps. So 144hz RR setting doesn't mean much if a FPS cap is present.

I am probably going to buy based on watching the game. Reminds me a lot of BLOPS2 as far as colors/graphics go. Not a bunch of horrible drabness.

So that pretty much confirms it uses the trash engine that Ghosts used. That's good, since I can feel better not buying this piece of shit.

Aha 91 fps is the Quake 3 default. I like how they still have not changed it.

Do they have the console enabled?

don't worry, they are already working on CoD 43...so no matter how many people bash the game it will still sell billions of copies...it's the crack cocaine of video games

Aha 91 fps is the Quake 3 default. I like how they still have not changed it.

Do they have the console enabled?

The console disappeared after WaW. There might have been one in BLOPS1, but I don't remember that. There is a config file but you can get banned for changing that depending on who is in charge. (Activision is garbage and will probably ban while Treyarch is more lenient in that regard)

Back